• Breaking News

    Friday, June 18, 2021

    Fallout: New Vegas | Cool detail: Boxcar's legs are actually broken when you find him in Nipton.

    Fallout: New Vegas | Cool detail: Boxcar's legs are actually broken when you find him in Nipton.


    Cool detail: Boxcar's legs are actually broken when you find him in Nipton.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    Fnv legion tattoo (I have other fallout tattoos, I don't support slavery)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    Here is my new character. He's a mercenary.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    Never gets old when you blow up those damn Cazadores

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    I messed up big time

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 01:07 AM PDT

    [DLC Lore/Story] I just realized what the Ghost People in the Madre Villa actually are after 8 Years of playthroughs

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    I've been playing through my 8000th whatever playthrough of this game again, and this time, I've made it a major point to go as slow as possible and take in everything in the game. Found some fun side quests I didn't know existed (like helping Dazzle elope with her boyfriend), getting some weird new items I never knew existed (like Vance 9mm and Compliance Regulator), and of course reading all sorts of terminals I usually didn't take the time to read (Man, Vaults in New Vegas are scary when you do that!)

    However, the biggest thing of all however came in the form of piecing together where the Ghost People in the Sierra Madre actually came from. The Game never goes into specifics during Dead Money about them and I have never seen any actual explanations of what the Ghost People are anywhere. Most of the time people seem to be referring to them as some sort of Ghoul or monster, that sort of thing, and so I had been confused on where they had continually come from and why there were so many. Overall it just didn't really make a lot of sense what they were and for years I'd assumed they kept it secret to make them scarier (sort of like with the Tunnelers in Lonesome Road), but upon this playthrough with all my constant slow reading of every terminal, It finally clicked.

    Basically, the game DOES tell you what they were, just in OWB. When you're reading terminals in several of the locations (I think the medical facility is the big one where I had my " oh my god " moment), but this is what went down: Elijah states in Dead Money that the Madre was one of the few places that got many of the OWB technologies to actually work properly, the foremost being actual weaponized Holograms- you see Holograms in OWB but they don't really do much besides show off. Computer logs explain this and people who worked at Big MT muse about the needlessly expensive system for things so small, ect ect, all sorts of things like this that basically tell you that the only location that got many of the techs of Big MT functional was the Sierra Madre. You find one of the Ghost People suits IN OWB, in a rubble of radioactive ruins, but thats the only one you see. This all changed when I read the documents in the Medical facility in OWB where they talk about the Trauma Harnesses, which are able to continue movement after the person inside the suit has died. While one could argue the Trauma harnesses "work" as intended, I think what this made me realize is that the suits the Ghost people wear are in fact Trauma Harnesses! The proof to me is simple: Retroactive back to Dead Money, they talk about how the suits are incredibly sturdy and when you put them on, it's practically impossible to even open them, forcing them to use saturnite knives to even cut the things open when someone got locked in by the gas. On top of this, back in the Medical Facility in Big MT, one of the workers logs has them thinking about the concept of the Trauma harnesses being used for _combat_ applications, and I think thats what the Ghost People suits actually are- another Big MT test with the Madre for these suits that can continue to fight and do combat basically endlessly. This explains MANY Things about the Ghost people:

    - Why there are so many
    Theres a bajillion of them because they're all literally workers and people from BEFORE the War- Obviously, Fallout has a much lower population than IRL, and 2070-80 would have even more than we do now, especially to construct a massive Villa like the Sierra Madre. This is why there's so many of them to begin with. And another big reason why there's still so many...
    - Being improved Harnesses, they just keep getting up because there is no functioning organic component
    This is why they keep getting up during the DLC! When you knock them down, as long as the _suit_ is still operational, it can continue to just keep getting up over and over- there is no organic component. So they keep getting up until the suit itself has been destroyed, ala the destruction of limbs or being vaporized being what it takes to kill them.
    - Their odd, lanky, improper movement
    Have you ever noticed how Ghost people move so jankily and odd? Probably, considering that's what makes them so annoying to fight- lurching around like that makes them difficult to shoot. I think this movement is because it's literally just a suit puppeteering some meat around like a marionette- whoever is in there is long since dead, and it's just a mechanical suit moving around attempting to kill, as was designed- Big MT was trying to make War-Harnesses, as said in computer logs.
    - The Organic component is still intact, because the suits are hermetically sealed and nearly impossible to remove
    In another dialogue in Dead Money's computers, it says that once the men were trapped inside of them by the locking mechanism being sealed from Sierra Madre toxin, there was almost no way to get it off other than to slowly cut them out with saturnite cutting knives. The suits are so tightly sealed that when someone dies in them, unlike the 'old' Harnesses we see in OWB, these probably don't even allow the bodies inside to rot, at least fully- thus keeping all the organic parts preserved. However, they are still dead and hundreds of years old, thus leading to the odd bile colored gore of them when you do manage to blow them open.
    - The only time you're allowed to wear one of these suits is in OWB, away from the Madre (and Toxin)
    ... because If in Dead Money, you were able to find a suit and wear one, the logic of what happened to the former suit users would occur to the Courier! The Madre Toxins have a sealing effect on the suits and it becomes practically impossible to get the user out without someone slicing you out.

    All of this clicked in my mind after having been sure to read and comprehend all of the computer logs in the DLCs. Ghost people are advanced Trauma harnesses that are controlling the corpses of Sierra Madre workers who died hundreds of years ago. They're the most advanced kind of models, super tough and nigh impossible to shut down, an amazing weapon to have had on the battlefield if the Great War had gone on long enough to fully test them. The chinese would've been in for a horrifying sight when they shot down these creepy soldiers and they just kept getting back up, trying to stab them to death with makeshift weapons. All of this is just more great tying into the messages of the DLCs about letting go and nostalgia for the past blinding you to the truth of the horrors the pre-war America was actually doing. All this time later, still figuring out cool story and lore stuff about this game.

    submitted by /u/AbbaAltmer
    [link] [comments]

    I love the smell of dead fiends in the morning

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    Chilling @ Nellis AFB!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:04 PM PDT

    Tried to take a cool picture of my character. Instead, it looks like he’s pinching a loaf.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Here's both my fallout tattoos so far, will plan on getting NCR and others.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    Rest in piss, Oliver.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    The only way to be sure...

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    Help with getting Boone to like me

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:03 AM PDT

    From what I've found it seems like to get Boone to initiate his second quest you need to accumulate "history points" i've done several things in order to do this and it seems like it's worked, But I don't have enough and the remaining things that I could do to gain points with him I've already done. (I killed Caesar, cleared out Cottonwood Cove, and reclaimed Nelson with Raul as a companion). I've also already killed Vulpes Inculta without Boone in my party. Essentially everything that could be done to increase his history points has already been done and I still don't have enough for the quest. Is there any way to remedy this? Maybe via con sole commands? Could I just Spawn in Vulpes and kill him now? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Hotcrossgunz
    [link] [comments]

    Where is Corporal Sterling?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    Apparently he's supposed to be at Camp Forlorn Hope after dealing with the fiends, but I can't find him anywhere. If this is a bug, does anyone have an recommendations on how to fix it and find him? I need to him continue on Raul's questline. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/horror_cheese
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody feel sorry for the legion soldiers.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    Probably a screwed up thing to say but are legion soldiers not just slaves with perks? I mean there tribes are absorbed into the legion, their fathers are killed of, their mothers and sisters become breading stock, they are forced to train and kill at a young and as part of their final they are forced to rape somebody.

    submitted by /u/Sinisterkrex
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite and least favorite location?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    My favorite is Jacobstown and least favorite is vault 22

    submitted by /u/FeudiLyric29_
    [link] [comments]

    The character selection in AI Dungeon when you choose the apocalyptic setting...

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:36 AM PDT

    from what mod is this ?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:01 AM PDT

    Floating revolver pin.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    So, I have this bug where when you equip a revolver, its pin will float in the air in third person, but it will be back in place when the "equiping" animation ends, i don't have any animation mods whatsoever, the only mods i have that affect guns are the Weapon Retexture Project and Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod.

    English is not my first language, so I'm sorry if this is confusing to understand. I'll try to post some screenshots later, I'm away from my computer rn.

    submitted by /u/SomeRandomBrow
    [link] [comments]

    Can't finish Honest Hearts Bug(?)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    I've been playing through Honest Hearts and got to the quest The Grand Staircase. I made my way to the cave, got the map, and the quest ended. No other quest was added, all I had left were the side missions. Talking to Joshua/Daniel did nothing, and even completing some of the side quests didn't help either.

    Any ideas on what's going on and/or how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Lwfwarrior
    [link] [comments]

    This is the worst guide

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    I messed up the final quest of Honest Hearts and I'd like someone to explain what happened.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:21 PM PDT

    So I sided with Daniel at the end. The screen fades to black and I wake up next to Joshua, who says something like "the group should've made it by now but there's other Sorrows who need our help."

    Then we walk from a camp all the way to the final tunnel, killing White Legs along the way. I get into the final fight with Salt-On-Wounds or whatever their name is, and I think I MIGHT have accidentally shot a Sorrow during this fight but I'm not sure.

    So the fight ends, and Daniel asks me if everyone is safe and accounted for, and I say yes, because the quest marker said that talking to him was all I has left to do.

    Next thing I know, Daniel is angry with me, shouting "You let them all die! Why didn't you help them!?"

    And I have no idea who I let die or what prompted him to say that?? Does anyone know??

    submitted by /u/AnarchyPigeon2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment