• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 23, 2021

    Fallout: New Vegas | I made a Dead Money phone wallpaper. Feel free to use it.

    Fallout: New Vegas | I made a Dead Money phone wallpaper. Feel free to use it.


    I made a Dead Money phone wallpaper. Feel free to use it.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    I Found Victor at the Antique Store

    Posted: 22 May 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    Mysterious Stranger Theme on Guitar - Fallout

    Posted: 23 May 2021 07:43 AM PDT

    My reaction of that scene of Last Of Us 2

    Posted: 22 May 2021 08:25 PM PDT

    How it feels to play NCR

    Posted: 22 May 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    Fallout NV perk tier list (lv 14-20)

    Posted: 23 May 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    This is a continuation of my previous thread here so I will just copy the intro and go from there

    I have too much free time and like optimizing characters a little too much so after much testing I have decided to rank all leveling perks in NV from best to worst. I have ranked each tier S - F based off the criteria below,

    S: Amazing perk for virtually every build

    A: Strong perk that will be essential to some builds

    B: Decent perk, take this if there is nothing better to grab

    C: Weak perk with niche uses

    D: Terrible perk, only useful for roleplay or challenge runs

    F: Doesn't work or makes your character worse

    With this in mind, onto the ratings

    • LV 14 PERKS

    • S: Chemist

    • A: Jury Rigging

    • C: Center of Mass, Purifier

    • D: Adamantium Skeleton, Light Step

    Notes,

    -Chemist: This perk doubles the duration of all positive consumables so you get double duration on stealth boys, stimpacks in survival, magazines and food as well as chems. Chemist also stacks with Logans Loophole for 4x duration on all your buffs. Fantastic perk for any build.

    -Jury Rigging: Makes repairing your weapons (and more importantly armor) much easier, and it should for a whopping 90 repair requirement. While easy weapon repairs are nice, this perk really shines in builds using armor with unique repair categories (i.e. remnants power armor) to save a ton of money on repairs.

    -Center of Mass: You get extra damage when hitting the part of the body you shouldn't be shooting in VATS. Just spam vats on their head and if you can't do it accurately just walk closer.

    -Purifier: Normally I would rank such a niche damage perk lower, but nightstalkers and deathclaws are nasty to fight in melee builds and 50% boost is a lot of damage. That being said, the number of deathclaw fights in the game is very low if you know where to avoid and nightstalkers aren't worth taking a perk just to kill easier.

    -Adamantium Skeleton: How are broken bones real just take a nap bro it'll be fine. Maybe this is an ok quality of life perk for hardcore mode, but maybe you should get good and not break your bones in the first place.

    -Light Step: All mines are scripted in FNV meaning with enough playthroughs you'll remember where they are rendering this perk pointless. That being said this perk is useful for peace of mind in a permadeath run.

    • LV 16 PERKS

    • A: Better Criticals

    • B: Meltdown

    • C: Action Boy, Weapon Handling

    • D: Chem Resistant, Tag!

    Notes:

    -Better Criticals: While the description makes it appear as if your whole shot hits 50% harder when you score a critical hit, all that really happens is the critical portion of your hit gets increased by 50%, not the whole shot. Regardless, this perk is mandatory in critical builds so take it if you're running one of those.

    -Meltdown: The explosion of meltdown does equal damage to the damage of the shot that caused said meltdown ,can critically hit, apply on hit weapon effects and will cause other enemies to meltdown if they are killed. This perk is very useful for high damage energy weapons like the gauss rifle to decimate groups of enemies.

    -Action Boy: Grants 5 agility worth of AP, but unlike agility it does not make you reload faster. That being said, VATS still sucks and for many weapons 15 point of AP still isn't enough to squeeze another shot out requiring the second rank of this perk. Do the math before taking this perk to see if you gain anything out of it.

    -Weapon Handling: Ideally you should already know what weapons to build your character around during creation and just hit your strength requirements there but if your SPECIAL is stretched thin I can see uses for this perk. Maybe C tier is a bit generous but its good for builds that can utilize it.

    -Chem Resistant: Rendered irrelevant by Logan's Loophole, but even if it wasn't you would still never take this perk since addictions are easy to cure.

    -Tag!: If this perk was offered at lv 2 or 4 to help the player hit early skill thresholds it wouldn't be terrible, but trading a perk point for 15 skill points is laughable at lv 18.

    • LV 18 PERKS

    • B: Concentrated Fire, Paralyzing Palm

    • D: Walker Instinct

    • F: Computer Whiz, Infiltrator

    Notes,

    -Concentrated Fire: Useful for low VATS cost weapons to cheese out massive accuracy buffs, but requiring 60 energy weapons AND 60 guns is pretty shitty since most builds only invest into one of these skills. Another thing to remember is that the accuracy buff does not apply retroactively, each shot will fire with the accuracy displayed when you chose to take it.

    -Walker Instinct: What is it with DLC perks giving shitty conditional SPECIAL buffs? See what I've said about every other conditional SPECIAL buff.

    -Computer Whiz, Infiltrator: While TECHNICALLY useful, I have put these perks in F tier because they encourage the player to fuck themselves over. The lock picking minigame is a joke so there is zero reason to force a lock and the hacker minigame can be exited before the lockout and restarted with zero cost.

    • LV 20 PERKS

    • A: Them's Good Eatin

    • B: Grim Reaper's Sprint, Ninja, Atomic!

    • C: Solar Powered, Eye for an Eye

    • D: Explorer, Mile in their Shoes

    Notes,

    -Them's Good Eatin: This perk is cannibal but playable. Any living creature you kill (people included) has a 50% chance to drop blood sausage or thin red paste which are decent healing items that sadly do not count as food for hardcore. This perk will solve almost all healing issues your character may have.

    -Grim Reaper's Sprint: Get some of your hard earned AP back after killing someone. 20 isn't a ton but it's better than nothing.

    -Ninja: Makes sure your melee sneak attacks kill enemies while also giving a small crit chance boost. The reason I say small crit chance boost is because Ninja only multiplies your current crit chance by 1.15, it does not add a flat 15% to your critical chance sadly.

    -Atomic!: Atomic is quite the strange perk. While irradiated you regenerate AP faster up to a 50% boost at the 800-900 AP range which is quite good for a VATS build. Another benefit of this perk is that while you are gaining rads, you move faster, attack faster, gain 2 DT and 2 STR, but given how rare irradiated zones are in FNV you won't be utilizing this portion of the perk very often. THAT BEING SAID, you can manually trigger this perk by consuming coyote meat since it will irradiate the player for 3-9 seconds per steak. Combine this with Logans Loophole and Chemist and you turn shitty critter meat into a powerful supplement.

    -Solar Powered: While I do hate conditional SPECIAL bonuses, 2hp/s is quite nice.

    -Eye for an Eye: Just because crippled limbs are easy to deal with doesn't mean you should break all your limbs for a damage boost. Sure a 60% damage boost will make you the most dangerous paraplegic in the Mohave, but it's honestly not worth the effort to keep your limbs broken and the negative effects of broken limbs are quite annoying.

    -Explorer: Maybe this would be a useful perk if the internet didn't exist, but the internet does exist and you can print out a map of the Mohave for free. Maybe grab this perk at lv 40 something if you're running out of stuff to do and want to travel to every location in the Mohave.

    -Mile in their Shoes: The buff it gives is bad so the perk is bad. Nuff said.

    Since there are very few perks left, I will probably just do 22-50 for my next tier list and maybe throw companion perks in there as well. If there is anything else you would like me to rank let me know and I'll see what I can do.

    submitted by /u/Nazbowling11
    [link] [comments]

    ELI5 what is a merged patch?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    I'm too stupid to understand the explanations given in the nexus forum, plus it would be nice to know when I would need to make a merged patch as well.

    submitted by /u/I_HATE_YELLING
    [link] [comments]

    Controller doesn't work when using New Vegas Script Extender, but works with the base game.

    Posted: 23 May 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    I'm trying to use some mods. My controller won't work when I launch the NVSE launcher, but if I run normal FNV then it does work. Is this a Steam problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/2LateImDead
    [link] [comments]

    My graduation cap

    Posted: 22 May 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    What are your favorite instances of DLC foreshadowing in the main game?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    In the main game, when I first heard Johnson Nash mention another courier who refused to take my place when he saw my name, I knew that was setting up some major plot point.

    But when I found the guy in Freeside with his head blown off after trying to find a place without radio interference on my second or third playthrough, I was floored. I never thought there would be that kind of blatant foreshadowing for Dead Money in the main game (other than Veronica's conversations about Royce and Elijah).

    submitted by /u/JeffSheldrake
    [link] [comments]

    Do the other five couriers bearing decoys for the Platinum Chip show up in-game?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    How do I start Ed-E My love after finishing Lonesome Road?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 11:30 PM PDT

    Most of the Audio Logs I unlocked on the dlc is on the mojave ed-e? So how do I start it?

    submitted by /u/frenchfries089
    [link] [comments]

    Never had a legion assassin show up?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 04:12 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm playing on an xbox 360 that's not connected to the internet so I've got the version that came off the disk with no patches or anything.

    I've never ever had a legion assassin show up anywhere even though on pretty much every save I'm vilified by the legion and I've killed caesar and wiped out every legion camp I can find. Is this a bug? Is there something I can do to start having legion assassins appear?

    submitted by /u/RelativeTable8059
    [link] [comments]

    NCR dealing with girls dancing in a fountain on the Vegas Strip

    Posted: 23 May 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    New vegas crashes even with all the proper mods

    Posted: 23 May 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    I have nvac, nvse, yup, ect, and dont have stutter remover, All the essential mods for this game yet it still crashes. It either crashes 1 or 2 ways, either outright freeze crashing or the sound crashes all but the music and then it freeze crashes. I have a shit ton of mods but the weird thing is, it never used to do this, it worked flawlessly up until now. If anyone could help that would be great.

    submitted by /u/BobAFeet34
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best 9mm gun? (No DLC)

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    [FNV] mods installed by Mod Organizer 2 don't show up in the "data" folder. Any idea why?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    If I launch the game normally (from NV launcher) mods don't work. Only way is to launch it from Mod Organizer.

    Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/kajualhyoomn
    [link] [comments]

    Open Book, ask me tips on weapons, combat anything.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    Hey there everyone, I'm bored AF ATM, but I have like 300 hours in NV... ask me anything...

    submitted by /u/Foster_NBA
    [link] [comments]

    Modding for performance?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Hi there everyone, NV veteran but an absolute dunce with modding.

    I know the basics, got vortex working, have script extender and 4GB patch on steam client...

    Speaking of which, is there a 6GB RAM patch? My computer has 8 GB..... why stop at 4? looking for tips on how to max performance and fun mods you would suggest that won't blow up my computer...

    Also, what the hell does FPS mean? I know it's frames per second but IDK details? Is it the higher the better?

    submitted by /u/Foster_NBA
    [link] [comments]

    Roleplaying as a Zion tribal

    Posted: 22 May 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    I'm going to roleplay as a Zion tribal for my second playtrough. What should I be among for? Any advice on how I should create my character? Some tips would help, because I'm new to the roleplaying aspect of the game and my knowledge about the overall game is quite limited. All replies will be appreciated :D

    submitted by /u/Kim_Jung-uno
    [link] [comments]

    My stay in Las Vegas

    Posted: 22 May 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    I just wanted to share how amazed I am, the developers of this game took the time to get all the details of this city. From McCarran airport, to the views of the mountains that surround the area of Vegas. It's all so well replicated, and being from Boston (which I think was done fairly well in FO4) I have to say that New Vegas really hit the sweet spot when it comes to attention to detail. If people want to see pictures I can link them, but overall I just wanted to share my excitement about being in Nevada!

    submitted by /u/madebymorton
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment