• Breaking News

    Friday, May 14, 2021

    Fallout | Fallout 76 (mostly Nuclear Winter) literally changed my life

    Fallout | Fallout 76 (mostly Nuclear Winter) literally changed my life


    Fallout 76 (mostly Nuclear Winter) literally changed my life

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:17 PM PDT

    It sounds a bit hyperbolic but it's actually true. I started playing Fallout 76 during BETA. Didn't have a lot going on but met a girl who showed me where to find an alien blaster and a couple other things.

    We became good friends over the course of a couple years but neither of us thought the other one was interested romantically. Then Nuclear Winter dropped and we played for hours a day together.

    She told me about emotional things that happened in her life, and she was on the mic with me when my dog died. It wasn't until I was talking about one of my character being a redhead that she told me she was a redhead. I didn't believe her because her profile picture always showed her as a brunette, but she dyed it because she used to get made fun of in school.

    2020 rolls around and we became close and started a long distance relationship. We would have private Fallout gaming sessions and sync up a movie every Saturday.

    Eventually we met in person. She drove 13 hours to come meet me. She brought her Xbox of course and we played Fallout in the same room 😂. Except now we got to hang out after the gaming was done.

    Today, I finished packing my stuff. I'm moving several states away to be with an amazing woman who has as much passion for gaming as I do, and we have our own setups which means we won't be fighting over the console lol.

    Not only that, but because of the move I ended up landing a position at Space X cooking for all the engineers and literal rocket scientists. Also got a new car.

    If it wasn't for this game I would never met this amazing woman, never would have gotten this job, and I wouldn't be about to move and start a whole new life. People can poop on the Nuclear Winter game mode and Fallout 76, but it brought to people together, not to mention people are scared of us in the lobbies because we have amazing teamwork.

    Just wanted to say thank you to Bethesda for being the unwitting match maker, and hope to see y'all in the wasteland!

    submitted by /u/sunscour
    [link] [comments]

    I just got a freezing fatman launcher in thinking of naming it Nuclear Winter so i just though I’d ask if that seems like a good name

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    Also wondering what i should name my never ending combat shotgun suggestions??

    submitted by /u/NoOne3ver
    [link] [comments]

    What the hell Yefim?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 11:21 PM PDT

    I was doing the "confidence man" quest on survivor and i rented a room inside the duggout to wait for the right time for the bar fight

    On the fight itself Bull was beating me like i owed him money and as he was about to kill me Yefim pulled out a gun and shot him

    Thanks Yefim, very cool.

    submitted by /u/sebastianlaguens
    [link] [comments]

    Inspired by a post about a freezing fatman OP named nuclear winter; what’s the best name you’ve come up with for your fallout weapon? Mines a hunting rifle called “Pinocchio” as it has a long nose!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 03:20 PM PDT

    What's yours?

    submitted by /u/profoundlyfound
    [link] [comments]

    Am i the only one who likes Fallout 3 more than New Vegas?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    Idk i just like walking around a city thats a shadow of its former self more than a giant desert. Not to sah that NV isnt good, or even great, i just think the quests, lore, and atmosphere of 3 is better. Anyone else feel that way?

    submitted by /u/dustyfrown
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Weird Dialogue

    Posted: 13 May 2021 11:15 PM PDT

    Something came to my attention while playing F4 again recently with the dialogue from certain characters. For example, why does Preston react saying something along the lines of "You just went toe-to-toe with a ten foot lizard!" When talking to the old addict lady about destiny? How would he know that the player has been in some sort of cryosleep for 200 years? Wouldn't he assume that everyone knows about deathclaws and take them for a fact? Another one would be when talking to Danse at the police station. When talking about taking orders I think, one dialogue option is something along the lines of "I was in the military". How would Danse know what that was or what he was referring to? Since there is no real education and 200 years has gone by it seems unlikely that Danse would know what you are talking about, and even if he did, he should be in disbelief since that would make you over 200 years old since he doesn't know about the vault. Maybe he thinks you are referring to the Minutemen or enclave or some other post-war group idk.

    Anyone else have any finds or thoughts on this? Is it just poor writing on Bethesda's part? Compared to NV, Bethesda's titles just seem to lack quality when it comes to the writing and world building overall imo.

    submitted by /u/CthulhuPug
    [link] [comments]

    I am really suprised that killing the Railroad has does not derail the story (FO4)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    This is my 3rd playthrough, and I was in a bit of a murderhobo-y mood that day I guess, so I just killed everyone at Railroad HQ. To my surprise, there were absolutely no consequences to this. No one said anything, and I was still able to decode the chip later on. I'm wondering if this will riple out later, since I am a Brotherhood character, what will happen with the quest "Tactical Thinking"? Will it get messed up?

    submitted by /u/Quiet-Gold9099
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat my first Fallout game, have some questions

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    I just beat New Vegas, I went the Yes Man route and killed most factions before finishing. I really liked it so I'm wondering what's next in store? Should I try Fallout 4 or go back to the older games? and are these games connected with one another at all?

    Also, are the DLC in new vegas worth it at all? What do they add?

    submitted by /u/ShowtimevonParty
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Is there a logical explanation why Railroad destroyed the Institute?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:40 PM PDT

    So, when you play as a Railroad agent you are sent to the Institute and near the ending of the game, you become the head of it. So why not just free all the synths and unite railroad and Institute?

    submitted by /u/paymebananas
    [link] [comments]

    A Newcomers' view on the Railroad, their role in the Commonwealth

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    Now I'm probably gonna offend some folks with this, but hey...it's the Internet.

    Did anyone expect the Railroad's secret to be that they were all Synths? Almost all of them, except maybe Deacon? Because to me, it just seemed more logical that they would be. And not memory wiped ones either, but fully aware. It would've explained why their focus was solely on the Institute and why they didn't consider allying with the Minutemen or the Brotherhood despite the Institute being the enemy they all shared.

    It would've also explained why they never cared about how Gabriel, one Synth they freed, went on to become a Raider Boss and killed innocent people before the Institute reclaimed him.

    To add to my "Fallout 4 Faction Revisions" thing I've been doing, I've done a redo for the Railroad and their origins....mainly because I don't think they ever had a real origin.

    The idea would be that the Railroad get changed from more than a "Humans who want to free Synths" movement to an all out Synth Rebellion faction who merely hide their origins well. They deliberately spread crazy stories themselves so that everyone who asks about them get a different answer. They're Enclave Survivors, they're escapees from Zeta Aliens, they're Vampires, etc.

    Truth is, they're the result of the first 3rd Gens to ever escape the Institute. The origin is based on an idea from Star Trek Deep Space Nine. In that show, the bad guys (the Dominion) had genetically engineered Super Soldiers called the Jem'Hadar. They're controlled via an engineered drug addiction, but every once in a while the Dominion's rulers create a Jem'Hadar who doesn't need the drug because they want to test the loyalty of their creations. In every instance, the non-dependent Jem'Hadar always go rogue and turn on the Dominion, and this is their justification for continued usage of the drug dependency.

    Same idea here: A past Institute Director wanted to see if 3rd Gen Synths could ever be truly loyal to the Institute and so created a batch with no recall codes. All of them went rogue and either were destroyed after turning on the Institute or escaped and couldn't be reclaimed. This is the justification for continued usage of Recall Codes.

    Those who survived the escape became the Railroads' founders, and they based their memory wipe tactic on how they were created without recall codes. While they may sometimes have human agents, all Railroad leadership are truthfully Synths.

    It could ever be expanded on with some of them deciding Humans aren't necessary and a Synth Nation is preferable.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Log9378
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do now? (Finished main story...)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 04:31 AM PDT

    I have no active quests left and no misc either.

    Are there many hidden quests etc? How do I find them? Are there any in particular that I'm missing out on? (Not just "go here, kill all, return).

    Any suggestions for what to do next? This is my 2nd playthrough (on survival) and I don't want this run to end lol. (Also finished all DLC storylines). I spent some time yesterday improving settlements, planting crops for use in a Mac and Cheese factory but I miss doing quests.

    submitted by /u/ThsIsAUsername
    [link] [comments]

    Theoretically, General Oliver or Legate Lanius could've turned your securitron army on you.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    If either of them had figured out about Yes Man's programming, at the battle of Hoover Dam they simply could've told him to turn on you, and you'd be fucked. It's not until the very end of the game that Yes Man attempts to change his own programming. It seems less likely that Lanius would attempt to turn him on you, considering Caesar would've had the army destroyed had you done what he asked. The Legion's brute force tactics make it seem like the last thing Lanius would attempt but it's a possibility. That being said, this is most certainly something that the NCR would do, provided they had the information.

    submitted by /u/TaxFraudDaily
    [link] [comments]

    Mr. Gutsy giving off rads?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    I couldn't find anything about this, but there's a Mr. Gutsy hanging around one of my settlements. He's not hostile but when I get close to him I start getting 5+ rads. I checked around the area and it's definitely him.

    Is this supposed to happen sometimes, or is it an infamous Bethesda glitch?

    submitted by /u/MediocreSherlock
    [link] [comments]

    How’s Fallout 76 now these days?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    Haven't looked into Fallout 76 since it was first released, mostly because everyone agreed on one thing: 76 is a massive dumpster fire. But it's been over 2 years and I was wondering how the game has aged. And instead of looking up a video on it, I wanted to ask people who has experienced it first hand. So, has it made a comeback yet, or does it still make you destroy a Game Stop for not getting a refund?

    submitted by /u/Trevor-On-Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Help with console commands (F:NV)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    I keep on typing search "item" But it doesn't work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/keeperofomega3
    [link] [comments]

    Should I try and draw a few of my fallout new Vegas characters.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    Im not the best at drawing so I just wanted to know if you guys would like me to draw a few of my favorite fnv characters I've made.

    submitted by /u/Dokkabei_Oni
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] Rewriting the Institute's Goals

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    I'm a fairly big fan of almost all of the Fallout Series (mainline titles), and I hear people talking a lot about the depth of the characters and factions in 1 / 2 / NV (which I agree with). I started wondering how I would change FO4's "villainous" factions to be more nuanced- not necessarily good, but at least believable (ALA Caesar / House in NV). I may do the same with the FO4 Brotherhood as they need some nuance, but here's what I had for the Institute and the Character of Shaun.

    Disclaimer: I actually like FO4 for the most part, this is moreso me changing things to give it a bit of depth and value that NV / 1 / 2 had. I'll go at it in a hypothetical NV style "questioning" like you have with Caesar and House. Good points to have this would either be at some point after the introduction of the Institute in person or Shaun on his deathbed, though the latter may be a bad time for a lore dump considering the events going on around them.

    Father's Endgame Explained: "So much to explain... to understand, One must go back. First, to the founding of the Institute. When the remnant of C.I.T went underground and the bombs fell, did you know they originally were quite open with the outside world? As you may obviously have come to realize, this did not last. They attempted to greet the newly forming civilizations- to build trust, to build bridges. But as all things in relation to the human condition come to pass, hatred formed. Covetous. Mistrust, which led to argument- to infighting. The early institute soon realized humanity, as it was, was more trouble than it was worth- receding to the depths of the Earth- no different from the Vaults that dot the carcass of America.

    When I was retrieved by the Institute for my pure genetics in effort to make better synths, they taught me much. Educated, I was able to view the world as a bigger picture, a series of rises and falls, waves of lapse and elapse . For a time, I despaired, knowing that humanity was doomed, regardless of how it attempted to... recoagulate itself. Think for a moment: Were it to fashion true nations, to overcome the horrors of the world as it stands, it would in the end be a meaningless endeavor. Thousands of years ago, a similar collapse of the world occurred, when what was left of the Roman Empire imploded upon itself for the same reasons the old world imploded in 2077. Eventually, upon rising to a larger level, they will encounter a antithesis or opposing force of sizable nature that disagrees with their philosophy, and where there is disagreement, there is conflict. And where there is conflict... there is war. And, well, as you of all people should know, War has a way of... setting back the clock of time. I began to realize the horrible truth not even the Institute had yet come to realize- that technology, no matter how advanced it was developed, was pointless beyond confined space, beyond a controlled environment. Technology may continue to rise in complexity, but can it ever really cure human nature? Even when you remove the basic needs of which we all share, we still fight, the issues merely become more petty and idiotic, more metaphor and less literal. For a time, my view was dim; nihilistic. But certain intrigues across the wasteland of which I had a personal history with decidedly changed my views.

    The Institutes reconnaissance had discovered several Vaults- Pre war facilities, come to know, were programmed too as scientific tests. Each outcome all revolved around one central concept: the toying with humanity and it's reactions to conflict and opposition. Wars, of a literal and metaphoric nature. I began to mull ceaselessly over the recovered information from these Vaults through the aid of Synths, rising in the rank of the Institute as my achievements followed my footsteps. We learned that each test seemed to revolve around a key point- human nature and conflict. Quickly, it all began to come together. Of each successful Vault found, located, and catalogued all proved one fact, impossible to ignore- the tribal, social, volatile nature of humanity, of course by the tests in which Vault Tec indulged in. However, there was a key point. While most destroyed themselves, each "successful" Vault- one whom had opened it's doors and completed it's 'test'- feared, shunned, even hated the outside world, always opting to stay within it's walls. The outside world forever 'impure'- unclean- the enemy. When a Vault managed to open it's doors, their abysmal success rate of 6% skyrocketed to 90% and sometime beyond. When presented an insurmountable, dangerous foe of great numbers- The Wasteland and it's factions- their fear of them solidified their numbers. Whatever nails Vault-Tec put to them inside of the walls prior to the Vault opening faded nearly immediately. That was what I learned. Groups, upon stabilizing a sort of peace, trading, making relations with outside forces not of themselves, will inevitably begin to fight one another- just like the Institute did with the world above. Each Vault-Tec test confirmed it alongside our own history; undeniable. We are, as a species, forever be locked in this cycle; an evolutionary feedback loop, in a way, a sort of human limitation system. But when given an opponent that unites them.... I still remember the moment I realized- I looked up at the Synth who had brought me this information, and it hit me like a pre-war freight train. The salvation stood before us- containment. Control. The Synth.

    The Synth could be what humanity must have- humanity's foe, under the control of a button. The Synths could be designed in a way to forever be the adversary of the most tribal humanity- a foe to forever keep their minds busy. The information discovered from the Vaults confirmed that so long as an enemy that cannot be properly contained or battled was presented, human consolidation was inevitable. They would clamp like iron- the more insurmountable and difficult the target, the better. Realizing this, I set to work immediately to further the Synth program. Evolving them to be not merely stronger, no- but more akin to human. More difficult to see, to know, to discern. A foe you could feasibly not ever beat, a foe whom you cannot understand- only know that they are coming, and they are watching. But unlike other human elements, the threat is false- a ruse. A giant curtain pulled over the eyes of the people; over humanity as a whole. Controlled. The Synth would need not cause any great death, merely present the threat of such. Some death would perhaps be required, spectacles of diabolical despair, a terrorist event here, an attack there. But compared to two colossal foes butting heads? Miniscule. Furthermore, the Synth's very nature of not being human speaks to our tribal nature, the perfect outsider. Machine. Not us, not human, the magic words. Only until society had reclaimed some sense of larger scale and unity would the synth even need to commit acts of violence and fear. Upon reaching a certain level, synth presence itself would not even be necessary. Only would the concept of their ability to replace people, those you love, anyone, anything- that fear alone- would keep us in line, all of humanity in line. The plan is perfect- scientific proof, dozens of Vaults, the Institutes own history, imperative fact, it all substantially proves my theorem correct. It is... the answer.

    Unfortunately, the Institute had already existed many years prior to my arrival, meaning both the synth and the Institute had become known to the world above. At the very least, the commonwealth. Unfortunately, this presented a notable problem. A considerable amount of the population above was now aware of the Synth and their true nature, human constructs of the Institute. This is why the unfortunate actions taken above by the Institute have had to occur. So long as those such as the Railroad, or the Brotherhood of Steel, know of the Institute, know of the truth... this human cure, the balm that is the synth, cannot occur. There can be no perpetual enemy of no real danger, none to unite humanity, turn it's greatest weakness- it's tribalism- into it's greatest strength.

    You doubt the soundness of my plan? Look above you. What have you seen? The synth, in their operations to cull those who know of the Institute and our intent- react exactly as predicted. Prior to the Synth attacks, there were thousands of factions in the Commonwealth alone, but by merely producing the Synth as a threat, the bustling center that is Diamond city formed. Tribes and factions forced together, forgot their hate, out of mutual fear- fear of the Synth. Fear of the enemy. Thousands of individual groups with petty ambitions- and nearly all merged into one. In my lifetime, alone. Now think what it could do with an ignorant world, where none even know where the synth comes from? What they want, what they even truly are? With those who know not the synths origins, that human hands hold it's switch? The Synth could wash over the world, a threat unfathomable and alien, uniting humanity, merging them, erasing their hates not out of optimistic fervor and nonsense, but pragmatic necessity. There cannot be human war- not when the monstrous Synth exists. Any and all human error can be erased by blame of the synth. The Synth can become the martyr of humanities sins. Should, in this theoretical world of united humans, one act on personal greed? The institute can replace them with a synth and see to it their true nature is discovered. No, it was not human hands who committed said crime, it was a synth! And so, the synth can be the enemy humanity must have.

    This is why those above must be handled. Why I have done what I have, despite my reservations to do so. I take no joy nor pride in my actions, but it is a chore that must be done. It is why I order my synths to viciously deconstruct anything it finds in the Commonwealth, living or settlement alike- they must erase the knowledge of the Institute, and the synths origins. It is the only way to break the human cycle. Sacrificing lives is abominable, but given a choice to kill a thousand to save a Million, long term logistics weigh out. In the reality that is our existence, there is not always a happy medium, a third answer. I will kill a thousand to save millions, potentially billions, potentially humanity as a species. When the Commonwealth has been properly handled, the work can begin. The fear, the strongest emotion we stoke, will burn brightly, echoing in the minds of us all. Synths could be anyone- anywhere- your neighbor, your friend, you very sons and daughters. Anyone can be replaced- and it is this mutual fear that will scald humanity together. The cycle can be broken, I know it can be. This may be all very difficult to accept, the price may seem so very high, but think of it. When humanity has proven itself sufficiently united, the Institute can reveal itself to the masses, share it's wonderous technology, quietly continuing to operate the synth threat, maintaining the secret. The Institute will be the shadow hand that reconstructs the world. It's greatest villain- it's greatest savior- one and the same. A common foe... a common ruse.

    As for the Railroad, I understand their logic. Even I still am, at times, shocked at the complexity of the third generation Synth, but I cannot allow what the Railroad knows or stands for to continue. They must be destroyed, however valiant or noble they may be. The Brotherhood, too, violent warmongers who would hoard everything for themselves as the world rots around them. The Institute will be more, it will be better. When it has properly reconstructed and shaped humanity, it's advances will be open and free to all. To every single human. And the Minutemen, unfortunate losses I too regret, but their desire to grow with the knowledge they possess of us will kill this cure before it can even begin. I mourn for what the Institute has had to do. You may not believe me, but of this, I promise. My only wish was that I had more time. It is, in part, why I released you. I had hoped, with my death, you would take over, complete my work. The path to salvation is one riddled with missteps, with minor cracks that could end everything in a moment, but it is one I have paved. All that is left... is for you to walk it. Walk humanity to a future where ever road doesn't end... with a graveyard. With an atomic blast. With a Great War."

    submitted by /u/AbbaAltmer
    [link] [comments]

    What level do I need to be before playing dead money

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    I wanted to play dead money but I'm a fairly low level and wanted to be prepared so around what level should I do it

    submitted by /u/MistaBlackie
    [link] [comments]

    Which faction should I join in Fallout NV?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    I finally wanted to beat the game and wanted to know your opinion on the factions.

    submitted by /u/Garlic_Bread_Enjoyer
    [link] [comments]

    In New Vegas are all the dlc as bad as Honest Hearts?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:02 AM PDT

    I just finished the Honest Hearts dlc and hated it it was boring the environment was bland and the story was boring so I need to know if the other dlc is this bad

    submitted by /u/MistaBlackie
    [link] [comments]

    Info on the Gobi Desert Campaign?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    Hi!

    Does anyone have any information on the Sino-American battle in the Gobi Desert? Or really just any battle outside of the Battle of Anchorage?

    submitted by /u/Encino20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment