• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    Fallout | I just walked with Victor to New Vegas

    Fallout | I just walked with Victor to New Vegas


    I just walked with Victor to New Vegas

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:39 PM PST

    Very pleasant trip, like the wheel noise.

    submitted by /u/Awwwusten
    [link] [comments]

    All fallout games are great, change my mind

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:16 AM PST

    All fallout games offer unique and for filling experiences. Every fallout game has its pros and cons making no fallout game obsolete. (yes, even that one)

    Everyone seems to want to shit all over fallout 4 and 76, but only fallout fans know that both are good games

    submitted by /u/joshdaconqueror
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people say Maxson returned to tradition when he's closer in ideology to Lyons?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:27 AM PST

    A lot about the statements regarding Athur Maxson claim that he returned the Brotherhood on the east coast to their traditional roots, but this makes no sense with what we actually see in-game. Danse rewards the player (a civilian at the time) with an energy weapon (something that would never happen with the Western chapters), Maxson has Scribes engaging in scientific innovations (something that Veronica says the Western chapters aren't going at the present time), Maxson allows outsiders to join like Lyons did (as Ingram mentions a group of wastelander recruits joining prior to the protagonist), and Maxson is giving speeches about protecting the people of the wasteland (which the Outcasts and the Western Elders would never do).

    We read the Prydwen terminal entries about how trade is going on with traders (I'm not touching on Teagan's unsanctioned op), and we see this continued with a victory against the Institute where we see soldiers and scribes making (as the residents of Diamond City say) "large purchases". If Maxson returned to tradition, then why are his people making purchases instead of seizing what they want from the civilians of this settlement?

    Although the Outcasts returned to the fold, we see that Maxson allocates soldiers to fight raiders, Gunners, Super Mutants, and ferals. He's going out of his way to focus some of his people on dealing with threats, not simply focusing on the retrieval of technology (something that isn't in line with what we see from the modern Western Brotherhood in New Vegas or the conduct of the Outcasts who we see in Fallout 3).

    Danse even says that killing ghouls is murder and is prohibited, speaks about how killing civilians isn't sanctioned even if they have tech on them, and random Brotherhood soldiers at the airport will speak to each other about being concerned about the potential for collateral damage because of Gen 3 synths. None of this is in line with the mentality of the Western chapters.

    Recruit Scara instead of Li, and Maxson doesn't even prohibit her from continuing to see her significant other, Duff, despite the stance that the Western Brotherhood took when it comes to same sex relationships. This is the person who people think completely returned the Brotherhood on the east coast to tradition? I don't see how.

    Destroy the Institute (because taking over an entire society is implausible, even for the Brotherhood) and tell Maxson that you stopped them for the people of the Commonwealth, and he says, "You've truly become one of us, brother/sister". That's about as far as you can get from being like the Outcasts or the Western chapters of the Brotherhood. I don't get why some people act like Maxson completely reverted to tradition when he's clearly closer in ideology to Lyons than he is to the Outcasts or the Western Elders.

    submitted by /u/LobselVith8_
    [link] [comments]

    The Fallout Law of Modding: "The quality of a content mod is inversely proportional to its ambition and scope"

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:18 PM PST

    As a result:

    • All total conversion mods of Fallout games are guaranteed to be of poor quality. See: The Frontier, New California, etc.

    • The most successful mods are those which seek to add material to the games without replacing the base content. See: Cannibal in Concord, New Vegas Bounties, etc

    submitted by /u/SacKingsRS
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feel like the Vault-Tec Rep was wasted?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:36 PM PST

    Like, you basically talk with him once, and it's actually pretty hard hitting...and that's it, besides sending him a settlement it goes nowhere, when I feel like it could've been explored more given that he was one of the few people left she knew before the war, and they actually had started good, felt really bad for him, and then see him brighten up when you promise to visit him (which if you do he doesn't seem to care). Just my thoughts on the matter.

    submitted by /u/Bacongod239
    [link] [comments]

    You know what he's not wrong

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:38 AM PST

    Lonesome road is HOW you make a dlc

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:44 AM PST

    A few weeks ago I made a post about how dead money wasn't that great so far (I was still in the villa). I finished it, and I have to say, I still hate it. But just recently, I finished lonesome road. Such a good dlc. It wasn't as hard or slow paced as dead money. It was still hard, and I just cheesed my way through Ulysses by sneak attacking him with an anti material rifle. The tunnelers are annoying, but they're not cazadors. I liked them. The bond you build with ED-E was great. And Ulysses was such a great antagonist. Although I do wish I knew more about him. Even if he was supposed to be mysterious, I felt it was lacking. The quite real threat of him destroying all of the rebuilding of civilization made it feel like it had an actual point to completing the quest. Instead of forcing you to with an explosive collar. And the best part: they let you keep your stuff. It was so much more fun than dead money.

    Also I can't find how to get to old world blues dlc help.

    submitted by /u/IwishIlovedme
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5 should have more unique items.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:54 AM PST

    I've seen a lot of posts talking about what they're wanting from the new fallout, discussing location, factions, ect.

    The only thing I'm really wanting, thats not very opinionated, would be more weapon options like past fallouts.

    While I do think the workbench system was a great addition, it costly removed a lot of weapon diversity, outside of the base models of the guns.

    I've been playing FoNV again recently, collecting all the uniques, and all of the DLC weapons, and it made me realize the newer style weapons (Fo4, and Fo76) are very lacking in that aspect. Regardless of content, location ect. I think having more unique weapons, and armor would make things much more refreshing.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/BKonTheRall
    [link] [comments]

    [Ps4] Is the creation club still broken in fallout 4?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:15 AM PST

    Hey I fell off fo4 ages ago and have been playing fonv mainly and numerous other games since, but I recently had a massive thirst to hop back on fo4. As one of the idiots who purchased a bunch of cosmetics from the creation club, but then whom had his game broken, is there anything that fixes this issue now?

    submitted by /u/UncleJoe1400
    [link] [comments]

    How does V.A.T.S work exactly?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:28 PM PST

    I know HOW V.A.T.S. works, targeting body parts or weapons etc. but *how* does it activate lore speaking?

    Like how does the targeting system begin? Since it's "Vault-Tec Assisted", according to the acronym, is it PIP-BOY related? Does it actually freeze/slow down time for the user? Is it some sort of corneal implant to help aiming? Or is it just some kick-ass gimmick for the game series?

    *Disclaimer I have never played Fallout 1 or 2 so if the lore already answered it, tell me, I missed that.

    submitted by /u/HemingwayBells21121
    [link] [comments]

    Are my NV dlcs downloaded - ultimate edition (PS3)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:36 AM PST

    I've purchased the ultimate edition as a disk for my ps3, obviously it is pre-owned but I don't think that matters in this situation. It went through the installation process and the data utility says the whole thing takes 7.3GB of storage but I've loaded up the game, chosen downloadable content to check if it's there and it's empty. So basically I'm not sure if I've got the dlc or not. I currently don't want to start it because I want to finish getting all trophies for Fo3 but I've read that the dlc become available once you complete the main story so I'm not sure if that's why they're not displayed on my list.

    Is it worth me deleting the files and redownload them or am I likely to have the dlcs downloaded based on the storage that the game is using?

    Also I am aware that it would run better on a pc, I don't have one so please don't mention it, I know that these games crash a lot on PS3 and have experienced it many times.

    Tldr: if the file is 7.3gb do I have the dlc even if it won't display on the main menu or do I need to reinstall it

    submitted by /u/Scarlene02
    [link] [comments]

    [FNV] Can't seem to progress in lots of side quests.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:01 AM PST

    I've played Fallout New Vegas before but never finished it. I am almost meeting Benny in New Vegas and am currently about level 9.

    And im trying to do some of the side content, i got some trade caravan quests open, some new vegas quests and some other side quests, each time i do, however, i run into a similiar problem, i can't seem to be able to finish any of these (about 5 quests now) because my skills aren't high enough.

    Examples of these are:

    • Debt Collector ( don't have enough science to repair sex bot)
    • You Can Depend on Me (don't have enough speech to convence the caravan lady to stop)
    • Hard Luck Blues (dont have 50 Science yet)

    Am i just playing the game wrong? Did I miss other ways to level up?

    Should I be focusing on the main quest instead or did i miss side quests that were supposed to give me enough experience for these quests?

    I never ran into this problem in Fallout 4 (or Oblivion or skyrim for that matter, but those are other games but in familiar rpg style), where there seemingly was always a low level solution which just made the quest longer but that was fine. Here however, i just seem to go from one side quest to another witouth actually progressing. How can i level up witouth being able to finish quests?

    Edit: I first tried asking about this on the discord, but i just got called a not-real fallout fan because I play Fallout 4 and also being called "Braindead" instead. So I hope this subreddit is less toxic then the discord.

    submitted by /u/guibmaster
    [link] [comments]

    If new Vegas gets remastered on the same engine as fallout 4 would you want power armor to be its own armor or and inventory item???

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:00 PM PST

    Should the armor go on a power armor frame and require fusion cores (or not your preference) and another thing to add should the rest of the armies be added in like the normal x-01 and t-60???

    submitted by /u/McGasssy
    [link] [comments]

    The King & Skull Face share the same voice.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:06 PM PST

    James Horan voices The King...and He's also the voice actor for Skull Face in MGSV.(suchalustforrevengewhooo)

    Quick, someone make a mod where The King talks about vocal cord parasites and Skull Face talks about how Rex the Cyberdog needs a new brain.

    submitted by /u/HemingwayBells21121
    [link] [comments]

    Playing fallout 4 and I am struggling to understand when i will have to choose between the faction

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:49 AM PST

    Is it possible to join the minutemen and the railroad at the same time?

    submitted by /u/MalikPlatinum
    [link] [comments]

    Today I found out you can dress Deputy Beagle without mods in Fallout: New Vegas by using the give weapon option after freeing him at the Bison Steve in Primm

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:48 PM PST

    I never knew the perfectly preserved pie was really hard to get.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:56 PM PST

    I never knew this. In the university above the institute I activated it and a synth super mutant attacked me. So I assumed i failed to press it and went to do it again. Go it what I think was first try. And a small question anyone know the percentage that you will get the pie???

    submitted by /u/McGasssy
    [link] [comments]

    What are your opinions on the BoS? Are they good or the worst?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:56 PM PST

    Title... What do you think of these garbage can wearing laser beam shooting bullies?

    submitted by /u/Optimal__Yogurt
    [link] [comments]

    New to modding need help ?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:40 PM PST

    I want to download the pink power armor mod off nexus mods and it says to place the pinkpowerarmor.esp into your fallout 3/Data How do you do this ?tia

    submitted by /u/anothercoffee95
    [link] [comments]

    Who's your favourite companion?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:26 AM PST

    I'm a total newbie to Fallout (4 currently) and so far have unlocked lots of companions. Hancock, Ada, Curie, Codsworth, Dogmeat, Piper, Nick Valentine...

    But in the end, I always go with Dogmeat. I mean, he's an idiot the way he runs into the crossfire all the time, sometimes I'm standing in the middle of nowhere and ask "where is Dogmeat running around again?" because I lost him.. but he's the cutest, and most helpful of all the companions I had.

    So now I'm curious about others: Who's your favourite companion? and especially why do you choose them?

    submitted by /u/GuyFromDeathValley
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there different versions of the pip boy?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:23 PM PST

    Is there any lore behind why there are different versions of the pip boy?

    submitted by /u/Flat-Moon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment