• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 2, 2021

    Fallout | Am I crazy for picking up all the junk in the game?

    Fallout | Am I crazy for picking up all the junk in the game?


    Am I crazy for picking up all the junk in the game?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 01:50 AM PST

    I have been playing FO4 on and off for years and always come back and clear areas. I will thoroughly sweep buildings for all junk until the buildings are empty. I have all the perks to help me carry as much as i can and to fast travel so i can dump my junk in one of my settlements. Is this unusual or does anyone else find themselves doing the same thing?

    submitted by /u/gdarkvader
    [link] [comments]

    What was your first encounter with a deathclaw?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:16 PM PST

    Mine was in FNV on my first playthrough. I had reached the top of the goodsprings cemetary and looked towards the strip, and like a moth to a flame I walked that way thinking I'd be able to get further in the game. I figured "oh, the game is called New Vegas, that strip must be it!" and without a care I headed north. Once I got to the Yangtze memorial I encountered a few radscorpions and used all of my ammo trying to kill them and managed to out run the rest. A little further a little blip came up on my pipboy and I looked at it, it was this scaley lizard demon named "Deathclaw". Thinking "well, I just killed a massive scorpion, what could this do?" I armed myself with dynamite and went full speed ahead ... only to get one-shotted and proceed to be massacred for the next 40 min until I wised up and went the long way.

    submitted by /u/BlanketMage
    [link] [comments]

    NEW VEGAS NCR RANGER WONT LEAVE ME ALONE

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:31 PM PST

    I used the two way radio and have now come to realize it was a fucking mistake. The option to send people off is not there. This fucking insane person will not leave me alone. I want them to go. Every mission I do just has a strange ranger lady in the background and she will not stop following me, and she just wont die. How to I get her to fuck off? She just ruins the challenge and impact of certain quests and if I kill her the ncr at camp mcarren or whatever its called tear me a new one

    submitted by /u/stupid-idiot-dummy
    [link] [comments]

    Memory lane(wish I could go back)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:02 AM PST

    I was 11 years old when I first played Fallout 3. I will remember my first experience forever. I finished the vault introduction and I had just walked out in to the wasteland. I was excited, no idea what to expect. I didn't pay attention to quests, I didn't even know there was quests I had NO IDEA what to do. So I started walking, I never made it to megaton i skipped that whole part. I ended up making it to the super duper mart. I saw all the bodies hanging all over and I was super scared but I walked in anyways. The place was dark, creepy music was playing and all these psychotic looking people were just walking around... sooo I walked right back out. I walked straight from the entrance of the mart and ended up at a river so I turned right because I thought that's where the map ended I didn't know i could cross the river.(keep in mind I never played an open world game before. I was used to games like call of duty where the level leads you, you can't just go wherever.) I end up at wilhelms wharf where I meet this crazy old lady just sitting outside so I stole her stuff and went on with my journey. Walking along the river bank again there's these things throwing what looks like shit at me across the river so I'm dodging left and right trying to get away from them. I end up making it to anchorage memorial where talon company mercs are fighting a death claw. I get myself involved in the battle with my BB gun. The death claw is one of the scariest things I've ever seen in a game but I said might as well try and kill it. It went poorly and I died so I turned off the game. That was my first experience and it makes me laugh whenever I think about it. I know a lot of us have had those experiences and wish we could go back to the simple times of being a young kid playing a game where we knew absolutely nothing about something that we would end up loving, we had so much to experience and learn. Now that I've played for countless hours and know everything about Fallout 3 I just wish I could go back and experience it for the first time again.

    submitted by /u/ChillApe42
    [link] [comments]

    I fucking love New Vegas. I fucking hate how fragile it is.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:29 PM PST

    Elbow deep into my THIRD VNV setup reinstall of the last week.

    It's almost impressive how some of the most random things in this engine can break, sometimes without even touching them.

    End Rant

    submitted by /u/Frosty7130
    [link] [comments]

    Father is not an evil genius, he's an evil moron (major spoilers)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 07:07 AM PST

    So, you trusted Vault-Tec to save you and your family from total nuclear annihilation, and you awake for just long enough to see your wife get murdered and your son get stolen away. Next thing you know, you awake from cryo and you're the Sole Survivor of the vault, with your sole mission in life being to find your son. Except that son sees this release from cryo as a science experiment, with you, his father, as the lab rat.

    You trudge through the Wasteland, and eventually find him, and he says, "nicely done!" and you're supposed to be hunky-dory and do what he says.

    He sees his dad as a science experiment and his murdered mother as "collateral damage." That's usually enough for most people not to like a guy.

    Instead of picking you up at Vault 111 at the start of the game and taking you to the Institute in safety, he lets you tread in perpetual mortal danger through the Commonwealth and get thoroughly acquainted with all the people who hate him and his evil organization. You learn the history of what Shaun's Institute has done, from Broken Mask to the murder of the Commonwealth Provisional Government to the extensive terrorization of the population by synth infiltrators and flat-out mass murders when the Institute needed stuff.

    Whatever one may think of the Railroad and the Brotherhood of Steel, they are not hostile-on-sight to you when meeting you. Only the Institute and its Synths are. You eventually track the trail of breadcrumbs Shaun left you to Kellogg, and kill him and find your way into the Institute, at which point Shaun asks you to take Kellogg's place.

    You aren't being asked to lead the Institute as a replacement for Father, you're being asked to replace Kellogg. One of the Department Heads even says at that meeting, "he isn't one of us, he isn't even a scientist!" But you ARE, in whatever ideological form, capable of providing the sort of services that Kellogg did: outsmarting and neutralizing the Institute's opponents.

    I mean... how stupid is Father in doing all this? Kellogg was a ruthless asshole, yeah, but it's not like the Institute is any better. Kellogg was 100% loyal and never failed. You're being brought to the Institute having every reason to hate the Institute, after being made to know every rotten thing they ever did, having been target practice for multitudes of its agents, and suddenly you're supposed to love the Institute and lead it to victory. After being made to know it was all just "an experiment."

    If Shaun wanted you in the Institute, there was literally no way worse to make a lasting impression than he did, and because he chose to do so instead of simply bringing you into Underground Paradise like he should have, the canon endings all have him and his Institute die.

    Doesn't seem very genius to me; seems like a complete moron-a-thon.

    submitted by /u/Revenant62
    [link] [comments]

    Im trying to replay new Vegas

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:06 PM PST

    I'm playing new vegas and for once for my 14 years of life I finally got to the strip I'm proud of myself

    submitted by /u/gentleman_sir54
    [link] [comments]

    In defense of unlooted buildings.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:36 PM PST

    I see a lot of people online scoff at the fact that even after 200 years there are still some unlooted buildings. First off it's a video game so it's allowed to have unrealistic things in it. Second of all is it really that unrealistic when you think about it? Let's assume that the nukes wiped out 90% of the population. This means that there are around 33 million people in the us. This is a very conservative estimate for how many people the bombs killed. If there are only 10% of the population it would make sense that things would take longer to get fully looted obviously. Now this still seems far fetched that after 200 years there would still be stuff right? Well the way I see it in fallout buildings fall under 2 camps. They are either almost entirely looted with more empty bottles and nearly empty shelves than there is stuff. With buildings like this it's reasonable to assume that because of consumer culture they were fully stocked and over the years they have been looted but people can't carry everything on their person. The second type of building are those with either ghouls living in them or robot security. And I think it makes perfect sense that these haven't been looted. Like would you really risk your life fighting dozens of robots or ghouls for some nuka cola? This isn't even mentioning the fact that the herd mentality would be strong and people would most likely stay in higher population settlements for safety and thus would farm their food or get it from caravans or hunters. This is the end of my rant about something completely random that people bring up that annoys me. Thank you for reading!!!

    submitted by /u/Flat-Moon
    [link] [comments]

    where would everybody love to see a fallout game set?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 02:39 AM PST

    me personally? i'd love to see it set in the UK, mainland Europe or Canada, i think there could be a lot of cool interesting lore to explore

    submitted by /u/Cacoethes_the_Fool
    [link] [comments]

    I'm surrounded by mirelurks and I'm invisible

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:21 AM PST

    I'm scared

    submitted by /u/canadian_noi
    [link] [comments]

    A few gameplay design choices that would, in my opinion, make Fallout 5 a much better experience grounded in realism.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:03 AM PST

    Get rid of legendary gear, and add unique properties to armor. Bring back damage negation. A radroach should not hurt you while you're in power armor. Having to rely on "Exterminator's" gear is rubbish, and everyone knows legendary crap is just enchanted stuff from The Elder Scrolls.

    If you're going to shoehorn in weapons and enemies from previous games, at least make them as powerful and formidable as they used to be. Super Mutants (literal results of experimentation into making super soldiers) and Deathclaws die to a single hit from a baseball bat while a naked Raider takes a headshot from a Gauss Rifle and shrugs it off.

    Don't make convoluted quests that bend over backwards and sideways to justify showing you every possible outcome instead of letting you do them a different way in another playthrough. Enough said. Diamond City Blues can suck a fat dong.

    Do. Not. Make. Us. The. Leader. Of. Yet. Another. Faction.

    Bring back gun manufacturing plants instead of a workbench that can shit out a prewar military grade weapon component. Fallout 76 went even further and let us make plasma cartridges ourselves. What?

    The laser and plasma pistols from 3 and New Vegas that used Small Energy Cells. Please. Why would we keep a pistol alongside a rifle if both use the same God damned ammo?

    Weapons that actually make some sense please? Fallout 3 had a terminal entry about why laser weapons were replacing conventional weapons; they had no recoil so even less experienced soldiers got good results out in the field. Why then do laser weapons in Fallout 4 recoil like crazy. And remember when a Super Sledgehammer was just a bigger sledgehammer? Not just a regular sledgehammer with miniature rockets on its back being powered by unicorn farts and the screams of the dying lore.

    Power Armor uniqueness. The Power Armor frame literally retconned everything about power armor lore from Fallout 3. T-45D is supposed to be cumbersome and reduce your Agility. Whereas now, the only difference between X-01 and T-45D is damage resistance. And what the fuck is up with X-01 suits being everywhere? Even Fallout 4 loading screens tell us it was developed postwar by the Enclave. Why is it locked away in prewar installations then.

    Get. Rid. Of. Leveled. Bullshit. No, nobody wants crappy loot pulled from a useless loot pool instead of fixed items in containers. Nobody wants enemies to suddenly start shitting out stronger variants across the map just because the God Survivor leveled up. BoS soldiers should always be carrying around Gatling Lasers, not just when the God Survivor has reached demigod status. And power armor spawning according to your level? Are you shitting me right now?

    Essential and Protected tags. Kill them. Burn them with fire. Crit them with a mini nuke. And then skin alive the braindead moron that came up with those tags.

    submitted by /u/zetabyte27
    [link] [comments]

    Quantum power armor makes me laugh.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:16 AM PST

    Like the X-01 was made after the war. So someone got an X-01 suit. painted it blue and put it in a display case because they were bored I guess?

    submitted by /u/Forscience325
    [link] [comments]

    what does everyone think happened to the capital wasteland in the ten years since the lone wanderer saved it?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 07:04 AM PST

    I like to think that megaton has grown and has a close relationship with vault 101 which has become like a university town, while rivet city has grown and is a true hub of civilisation with some basic industry to supplement their hydroponics , Harold's growth has spread beyond the initial area and is perhaps spawning a new city state in oasis.

    submitted by /u/Cacoethes_the_Fool
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t you hate when settlers be in your crib

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:58 PM PST

    Get out my bed bro.

    submitted by /u/aswisstrip
    [link] [comments]

    The Commonwealth vs the Pre-NCR Wasteland

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 04:58 AM PST

    Hi again. Got a lore question. One of the people I was arguing with repeatedly mentioned how the Minutemen could never survive in the Commonwealth due to the various dangers in that particular radioactive patch of dirt and how those dangers were far, far worse than any of the threats the early founders of the NCR had to deal with. (If your reading this then please correct me if I'm wrong) He claimed that the Gunners or the Raiders or some of the other threats would wipe out anyone attempting to form a second CPG. Whether it be the various raider tribes working together to deal with the threat or Gunners trying to preserve their livelihoods, any attempt towards a second CPG was doomed to fail.

    From a raider coalition, to Gunners trying to preserve their income to Mirelurks somehow being smart enough to attack the Castle, is it really impossible for a second CPG to form and be successful? Let's assume the Institute is destroyed by the Minutemen. Regardless of their prior attempts at stabilizing the Commonwealth, the Institute as we find it in the game would never support a new CPG. The BoS could in theory support a CPG, so long as it doesn't conflict with their interests, the Railroad don't care either way leaving the Minutemen to be the faction most likely to support a new government.

    Put simply:

    Are the dangers in the Commonwealth post-Institute destruction too great for a Commonwealth Provisional Government to exist in any significant form/survive?

    P.S. I believe we should come up with a post-ending convention for Fallout 4. After the main questline I propose we call it Post-Institute-Crisis (PIC). This bis due to the time in game not being at all accurate and no canon timeline to the best of my knowledge. So it would go as 2287 BIC (Before Institute Crisis) which would directly translate to real world AD (so 2077 BIC, 2277 BIC etc) while everything that happens post endgame would be 1 PIC, 2 PIC etc. Let me know what you think below.

    submitted by /u/HorrorShow13666
    [link] [comments]

    Where did Vault-Tec find so many morally bankrupt people to run the Vaults?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 03:38 AM PST

    I mean i know that some of them were threatened with termination if they disobeyed, but after the bombs dropped there really wasn't much that Vault-Tec could do to force them to comply. Some of this people were complicit in some fairly horrendous experiments. Why didn't more of them give Vault-Tec the finger like the overseer of Vault 81?

    Now of course they may have to play along for a little while in case Vault-Tec had control of the vault systems, but even then i am sure that someone from inside the Vault could figure out a way to cut the cord and force them out. Especially if Fallout Tactics is to be taken as canon then Vault-Tec stopped responding after a few years so why keep performing horrific experiments on people that have by now become your friends and family if they were not so before.

    submitted by /u/samoja1
    [link] [comments]

    Vault Suits...WTF?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:32 PM PST

    So I've been thinking this over ever since I saw a oxhorn video on tunnel snakes creation club addon, what the hell is up with vault suits and their consistency? In fallout 1 and 2 they looked like bright spandex suits like something straight out of 50's sci fi but then in fallout 3 they look like more of a baggy cloth like material same goes for new Vegas since it's the same engine and assets then fallout 4 rolls around and it's comes with a somewhat return to form but instead of skintight spandex it looks like it's still made of a cloth material but this time it is skintight like the old games and so the comes 76 which has undoubtedly my favorite version of the vault suit design with its leathery look and shiny gold lettering but in all honesty the hell is going on here? Did every vault that got a different pip boy also get a different vault suit as well?

    submitted by /u/No_Interaction4027
    [link] [comments]

    How would you handle a new fallout game?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:32 PM PST

    Stability and funds are no issue.

    Where would you set Fallout 5 and what would the main factions be?

    submitted by /u/Immediate_Energy_711
    [link] [comments]

    Did vault tec start the war

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:15 AM PST

    Would like to hear everybody's thoughts on whether or not vault tec started the war. And there possible reasons for doing it apart from making money.

    submitted by /u/benbaileau27
    [link] [comments]

    What are you guys' tiny asks?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:51 AM PST

    Everyone wants great writing, rewarding customization, fascinating worlds, thrilling gameplay, all that good stuff, but what are you guys really inconsequential tiny asks? Here are my top 5:

    1. Bear traps to hold enemies for a few seconds, instead of just doing leg damage
    2. A perk that boosts charisma when you have a dog, because everyone likes dogs
    3. Also with dogs: to never have to kill a dog, let me take animal friend at level one, and have it work on all dogs 100% with no gun aiming or anything (so like in 3) (NV still made you kill cyberdogs, which are most of the dog enemies anyway)
    4. The Shishkebab to be the best melee weapon again, at least situationally, maybe with the pyromaniac perk back too
    5. Plumbing in settlements, maybe as a late game stuff with special tools, but I'd like to be able to wash my hands or take a shower. That might be a big-ish one.

    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas mods to AVOID?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:59 PM PST

    Title explained. I used to simply download whatever mods with the most views on nexus, but after being enlightened by Viva guide Im kinda wary of any "popular" mods now. So my question is which popular mods out there in 2020 people should avoid using, either because it was outdated/broken or unbalanced?

    submitted by /u/yamideath
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 vr stream help please!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 07:11 AM PST

    Hello! I've recently started playing fallout 4 vr and I want to stream this. I feel like this is a well known issue, but I just cant find a PC resource friendly solution. The window that opens up on the pc is tiny and when I stream this tiny screen my stream looks like I am streaming it from my phone.

    I saw a solution for running steam vr view, but this just cuts down on my frames. Is there a way to make that tiny screen grow into a big boy screen?

    submitted by /u/Delanosaurusrex
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way for me to play the original fallouts nowadays?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:47 PM PST

    Are there any reccomended mods? Anything I should do to prepare? The games seem pretty inaccesible but they seem to also be really good, so I want to go in knowing what the best way for someone relatively inexperienced in the genre to approach playing this is :)

    submitted by /u/Juan_Jose_Corella
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment