• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    Fallout | Love Fallout 2 combat.

    Fallout | Love Fallout 2 combat.


    Love Fallout 2 combat.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:30 AM PST

    You were hit for 4 damage by the 10mm sub-machine gun.

    You were hit for 3 damage by the 10mm sub-machine gun.

    You were hit for no damage by the 10mm sub-machine gun.

    You were critically hit for 514 damage by the 10mm sub-machine gun.

    You died

    submitted by /u/BilaryatBensec
    [link] [comments]

    Why Big MT is everything the Insititute should've been

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:19 PM PST

    Ah the Institute, the literal embodiment of the Aperture Science motto: "We do what we must because we can". There are many reasons why the Institute is pretty plain when compared to other Fallout antagonists but I feel that those comparisons aren't exactly fair given the Institute's themes. Big Mountain from the Fallout New Vegas DLC Old World Blues in a couple of ways is a better version of the Institute as both as a proper Fallout antagonist and a cautionary tale of science.

    Their Reasoning

    First off, the Think Tank of Big MT actually has a good reason for being out of touch with their humanity. Firstly, being comprised of pre-war scientists they share the sociopathic tendencies that were common in the science sectors in the pre-war. Once they finished their transformation into the Think Tank they were given the ability to continue their work with no concerns of ethics. Dr. Mobuis alludes to the Think Tank losing specific parts of their humanity by being robotic for so long. With that said, however, they still can be reasoned with. Through the proper channels, the player can convince them to stop their plan to escape and to see the flaws in themselves.

    The Institute however is made of multiple generations of scientists living with a single Petree dish. Their view of humanity as test subjects isn't exactly explained outside of "Institute good, surface bad". Their confusion of helping humanity ignores all the nuances of surface life. Yes, raiders are bad but even statistically speaking they represent the minority of factions in the Commonwealth. Their near-constant meddling in surface affairs makes it likely that larger factions will want to destroy them just for them to stop being annoying. Worse off, you cannot convince the Institute that they are ruining humanity with their experiments and actions but instead choose to be either with them or against them.

    Their Creations

    Cazadores, Nightstalkers, Vault 3, are all direct products of Big MT. Cazadores and Nightstalkers especially are serious banes in the Wasteland which are known for ruining unprotected settlements. If you also consider the DLCs, then Big MT is responsible for the Serra Madre and the Divide which are both some of the most hostile environments in Fallout history.

    Synths and Super Mutants. That's about it. One of which exists in other places in the Post-War US so even then they don't contribute much. Their threat comes from how careless they are with their inventions and their meddling in surface affairs. The fear of the institute is derived from their method of capturing test subjects and their replacement with Synths.

    Their Threat Level

    Big Mountain's threat comes from the uncontained experiments that run free in the crater and the Think Tank themselves. After a heated argument regarding leaving the crater, Dr. Mobius reprogramed the Think Tank to cripple their plans to leave. Mobius flat out states that his game of cat and mouse was designed to distract the Think Tank from planning on escaping because if they escaped no one could stop them. As stated before, their creations are a significant hazard in the wasteland and the prospect of their creators creating even more horrors would spell the end of all life in the region.

    The Institute threat comes from their handling of relations with the surface. Although they attempt to minimize their presence on the surface, their actions speak otherwise. By raiding towns for technology, massacring a peaceful government conference, and sending untested prototypes to populated areas it is clear that their true threat comes from their sheer carelessness. The Institute's actions are more similar to an extremely anti-social nerd who doesn't know how a human society works.

    One of the things I love in Fallout is the science and how in the Fallout Universe, science is a cautionary tale of extremes. Vault-Tec and Big MT represent the "benefit" for humanity without ethics meanwhile the Institute feels like a diet soda version of the others. It's there in spirit but just doesn't taste the same.

    submitted by /u/SirReginaldTheIII
    [link] [comments]

    I just got my first fallout games

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:16 PM PST

    For Christmas my mom got me a steam card and I bought fallout 1 and new Vegas and I'm going insane on what I've missed out on :)

    submitted by /u/Dusty1231
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 on Xbox series X , performance question

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:27 PM PST

    Hi everybody, I would like to ask if anyone is running FO4 on latest XBox? I am curious how it is running, as the last time I attempted to play was on the S version on Xbox and it did have crash and memory issue, which was hoped the new series of consoles would address this. Also curious about mods mainly the cheat pack and settlement clean up mods I am interested into seeing they are compatible?

    submitted by /u/zambezisa
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't they just.. Clean up, in Fallout?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Like in New Vegas. In the opening, theres just a photo cocked 45 degrees in a clearly inhabited building, junk strewn everywhere.. What's keeping them from just reorienting paintings and picking up trash? And its New Vegas, you would think they would. Have some standards.

    submitted by /u/Haruk0_haruhara
    [link] [comments]

    The last rank of the Idiot Savant perk in Fallout 4 should be a reversal where you're more likely to get the XP bonus if you have higher intelligence.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:11 PM PST

    There is a mod that will do this if anyone's interested, but sometimes you want to do an unmodded playthrough.

    submitted by /u/TooFatToMatt
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn Moriarty's Saloon into Gob's Saloon?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:11 PM PST

    What specific way do you have to kill Moriarty for Gob take over the bar? What time/location do I kill him? How long do I stay away? Where do I fast travel to? How do I make this happen.

    First time. I killed him in his office, fast traveled to the citadel, came back 48 hrs later, nothing happened. No Gob bar. I reloaded.

    Second time. I killed him outside the bar, fast traveled to vault 101, went back after 48 hours. Something happened, Moriarti was alive and well after having his head blown off.

    Tried another time without reloading. He rose to life. a Again.

    Seriously. I just want Gob and Nova to be happier. Anyone else have this trouble and find a fix?

    submitted by /u/casterwick
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 3

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:25 PM PST

    I'm buying a fallout game but I'm not sure which one I want more. If you were to recommend between 3 and New Vegas which one would it be?

    submitted by /u/TheUnknownGopnik
    [link] [comments]

    Game keeps crashing when I change race to Mutant

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:20 AM PST

    Can someone help me because my Game keeps dying when I change my race to mutant do I need to unequip my armor or something?

    submitted by /u/Bennoelman
    [link] [comments]

    Guy hidden in fallout 4 trailer?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:29 PM PST

    I swear I remember there was a guy hidden in the fallout 4 trailer and people went crazy but now I can't find anything about it tell me someone else remembers this as well I remember it so much I have a clear picture in my head of it

    submitted by /u/RiftyRaeve
    [link] [comments]

    How does luck work? -FALLOUT 4

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:57 AM PST

    I just started a playthrough on fallout 4 thinking I could get special dialog for having low intelligence so my intelligence is one. I opted to get the idiot savant perk to level up faster but I dont know if leveling up my luck will make the idiot savant perk give me the bonus more often or not if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/Psycho_Slayr
    [link] [comments]

    Who was your favourite water beggar in fallout 3?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:56 PM PST

    MICKY GANG FOR LIFE R.I.P

    submitted by /u/sonnyjoe08
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas DLCs Worth It?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:44 AM PST

    I'm rapidly coming to the end of New Vegas and don't really want the fun to end. I see there are a few DLCs available on Steam, I'm wondering what are people's thoughts on them? Are they worth buying?

    submitted by /u/Danji1
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 unintrusive saving mod to avoid crashes in survival mod

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:08 AM PST

    My game just crashed and I lost an hour of progress. I love the tension of only saving by sleeping in a bed but losing all your progress due to no fault of yours feels really disheartening and takes away all the enjoyment from the game.

    I tried the cigarette mod that lets you save by smoking but I didn't like it. I'm looking for a mod that is going to let me save without corrupting my save files. I searched the sub and nexusmods but I'm scared I'll download a mod that will corrupt my saves.

    Only mod I have is unofficial patch and my system is more than capable for running F4 so I have no idea why the game crashed.

    Thanks for your suggestions.

    submitted by /u/humanistkiller
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout made me love the Andrew sisters

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:48 AM PST

    I personally love old music and the radio is one of the best things ever added to Fallout and because of the radio in Fallout 3, 4, and 76 I have fallen in love with the Andrew sisters. I love them with Bing Crosby with both Civilization and pistol packing mama and I love them in Straighten up and fly right. I do wish New vegas had some Andrew sister but oh well and I do wish Boogie woogie Bugel boy was in at least one of the games

    submitted by /u/HylianXbox
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite Fallout game?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:19 AM PST

    I'm curious to know everyone's favourite game, and if you'd recommend them. I've only played Fallout 4, 76, and a bit of 3. Let me know!! I want to play some more Fallout games.

    submitted by /u/xIsabellYayx
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot turn in the quest The Lost Patrol to Danse

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:30 AM PST

    I hadn't finished the quest until after starting the brotherhood of steal quest line on that giant flying ship, now as my companion, I can't turn The Lost Patrol into him.

    I already finished show no mercy as well

    submitted by /u/TheDankestG
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished a full size caps stash replica built from scratch with found parts

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/PDrq6ht.png

    I put together this caps stash as accurately as I could over the last few days. The full build thread is over on the RPF if you want to see all the nitty gritty nerdy details.

    This has definitely got me hankering to build more FO props...

    What do you think would be the best ones to tackle?

    Mentats? Grey Tortoise Cigarettes? Dirty Water? I'm curious what folks favorites might be

    submitted by /u/Mikeltk421
    [link] [comments]

    If a raider in the boston setting heard big, heavy footsteps off in the distance, do you think their biggest fear would be the brotherhood of steel, super mutants, or something else?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:51 AM PST

    In the same vein, would the answer change depending on locations? Maybe a powder ganger would worry about a deathclaw approaching him? Either way, there's plenty of gigantic, heavy creatures to worry about in the fallout universe, and I would love to here what takes this sub has on this!

    submitted by /u/throwawayyyyyyi
    [link] [comments]

    How do I mod Fallout 4?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:13 PM PST

    I just recieved the game on Steam as a gift from one of my friends, and ive played it before on other platforms, so I was wondering now that I have it on PC how I can install and use different mods?

    submitted by /u/lynkcrafter
    [link] [comments]

    What would Maxson do if he was in Father Elijah's/Elder MacNamara's place?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:43 AM PST

    One option would be to rebuild Liberty Prime and decimate everything. But I guess it would be more complicated than that. In my opinion, Elder Maxson either would contanct the Courier to get the Platinum Chip and "steal" Mr. House's upgraded Securitrons reprogrammed to follow the Brotherhood (or through Yes Man, but he hates the Brotherhood). Or he would strike an full assault in the Strip and the Fort to eliminate both leaders. Wether than would be succesfull or not is another discussion. So what do you think Elder Maxson would do if he was in New Vegas?

    submitted by /u/KostasP13
    [link] [comments]

    rogue knight is friendly in amoral combat

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:25 PM PST

    he has normal brotherhood lines, and lasers go right through him. how can i fix this

    submitted by /u/Cheesemaster666666
    [link] [comments]

    The GF asked me why I leave raiders and enemies stripped to their underwear whenever I play fallout, told her it was so I know not to bother looting them again

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:25 AM PST

    the look I got after that convo 👀

    submitted by /u/steeltoe_onesie
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 on xbox series x makes life make sense again.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:48 PM PST

    Fallout 3 and new vegas were my favorite games of all time... something was off about fallout 4 and i didnt understand what until i got a series x... i cant explain the feeling when i fast traveled and it was actually fast... my brain seemed to start working properly again... xbox series x has made fallout 4 the game of the year 2020 for me

    submitted by /u/ItsTooBigForHer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment