• Breaking News

    Friday, November 20, 2020

    Fallout | Official Bethesda Lore Video - The Appalachian Brotherhood of Steel

    Fallout | Official Bethesda Lore Video - The Appalachian Brotherhood of Steel


    Official Bethesda Lore Video - The Appalachian Brotherhood of Steel

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:18 PM PST

    What's your favorite song from any Fallout game?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:18 PM PST

    I'm not sure why, but a part of me just gets overjoyed whenever Anything Goes comes on the radio. Got me wondering what songs make other people feel the same?

    submitted by /u/GLY_Draws
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Fallout 3, 4, 76, New Vegas, and all respective DLC are currently 60-70% off on Xbox/Microsoft store!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:29 AM PST

    I'm making a thesis about Roleplaying games and I'm collecting data with an anonymous questionnaire. I'd appreciate it if anyone answers :)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:51 AM PST

    It's nice that they're still adding content to 76

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:55 PM PST

    It's good that they didn't just write the game off and move on, and are still adding content and making it better. Mostly I would just find it funny as hell if they just kept fixing it and adding stuff for years until it was the best Fallout game.

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer2
    [link] [comments]

    TIL in New Vegas, you can cancel the "Cinematic Kill Cam"

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:54 PM PST

    The "Kill Cam Mode" is the slowdown effect you get when killing the last enemy that was aware of you. Most people may know this. Some people may be like me and hate this feature because of the inconsistency with it. Sneak attack an enemy while others are around? Slowdown. So I always player with it off.

    Today, I defaulted my settings and forgot to change it to off instead, I did player view. When it happened, out of frustration I clicked the buttons on my controller and it stopped quickly. So I tested it, and when you press "activate" it will cancel the slowdown effect. I'm not sure if it will work with the cinematic kill cam.

    submitted by /u/Gbwestiv
    [link] [comments]

    Downtown Boston might be the best area of any open world!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 05:44 PM PST

    Visually, it just looks awesome! When flying in a vertibird, the city looks so big and it makes me want go down and investigate all the alleys and apartments. It actually feels like a living city! From the ground it also feels like a big labyrinth that you would easily get lost in if it weren't for your pip-boy. I also love how cozy and hidden everything feels. Hangman's alley is probably my favorite settlement because it has such a good atmosphere to it. It feels much more safe, as it is hidden between big buildings.

    On a gameplay level, it also works so well. Compared to Fallout 3 and New Vegas this game has put a much more emphasis on verticality. This adds new possibilities in attacking enemies. You can often exit buildings from the roof, where you can jump from house to house in order to get a nice advantage point to snipe your enemies. Last time I entered downtown Boston I wanted to clear Hangman's alley, so I cleared out the mutants that are fighting the guards outside diamond city. I then ran up the stairs and jumped up on the roof. From there I could run over too hangman's alley. Then I just unloaded all my frag-grenades down on the raiders. So the fact that you can use the verticality of the city to your advantage makes it so cool.

    The city is also built very efficiently. There are many paths that you can take which makes it less hard for you to travel to your destination. I for example love how some buildings have small wooden bridges to the massive highway bridge that goes through the city.

    Recently I cleared out an apartment, and when I reached the attic there was a hole in the roof. When I took a look through the hole, I saw a body lying on the edge of the building across the street. That character must have tried to jump over to the building. So I took a big leap and managed to reach the other roof. There I found another body and some hidden loot. I love how Fallout 4 makes it so rewarding to explore and investigate this massive city.

    If you play Fallout 4 in survival mode it also feels a lot more intense while you traverse the streets. You don't know if there will be a raider camp just down the next street, so you never really feel completely safe.

    Downtown Boston is therefore my favorite area out of any open world game I've ever played!

    submitted by /u/FokinGamesMan
    [link] [comments]

    Does Mojave EDE die or lose his memories if I sacrifice Divide Clone EDE to stop the missiles?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Every time I have done lonesome road I have nuked the Legion am Dry Wells because they're evil. This time I want to stop the nukes, but I know EDE clone will die if I do that. Will I still be able to keep EDE as a companion in the Mojave and still get a good ending for him in the Vanilla Game if I sacrifice him to stop the nuke launch?

    submitted by /u/A_nebjamin
    [link] [comments]

    Im perfectly fine if there is no full on fallout title released in the 2020s

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:37 AM PST

    im okay if there isnt a fallout game released this decade. bethesda has yet to drop two unannounced games and everyone wants good quality in terms of the engine running smooth on all platforms with graphics, gameplay, and no glitches. bethesda is still using the creation engine which is already a modified version of the engine ran on Morrowind. every game released up from that point in time has all ran on a similar or yet modified versions of the creation engine which is aging worse in time. even call of duty now has completely redone animations with weapons along with a different movement system. yes it feels similar to battlefield, but call of duty has evolved with the times and still creates the competition for the fps genre. not that call of duty should ever, ever inspire fallout but thats embarrassing that even call of duty, the first one releasing in 2003 now feels completely different because activation of all companies and publishers realized they cant sell the same game repeatedly for a decade without the quality seeming to drop off. i know bethesda is under xbox again which i hope is extremely beneficial to bethesda so that they can no longer remain in meme status. imagine that 180 of bethesda reputation if they spend years working on a game, but not to the point of constant delays or development hell. video games really should be made by nerds again because you feel the passion taken out the more as bethesda ages but is somehow absolutely killing it with doom and elder scrolls online. i believe why fallout 76 was in the state it was in because of how rushed the development time was. now again, imagine having the same feeling as playing your usually first fallout game pre fallout 4. fallout 3 and oblivion had graphics that were kind of off but development for fallout 3 began in 2003 and still looked good for 2008. looking back at fallout 4, why is the skyline and background sometimes so untextured on all platforms that the screen stutters, sometimes to the point of glitching or crashing. its not pretty to look out in the distance and see old downtown boston. the city felt way too small for a fallout game but had big dlc areas for dlc to compensate. really in order to have a decent fallout game for the future, developers need time. you cant rush art after all. 6 years should be the minimum amount of time for everyone working on it for i feel that it should be decent (or have some of obsidians writing)

    submitted by /u/MyLegIsCaught
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 has run so much smoother on the PS5

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:50 PM PST

    I got a PS5 on launch day and was super excited to try out 76 on a improved console. It runs so much smoother, I can not remember skipping or running into lag spikes the last couple of days. That was arguably my biggest issue on PS4 was just the constant skips and spikes. the graphics have improved nicely as well. I was playing on a PS4 slim before so I don't know if it ran this well on a pro, but the new generation of consoles have seem to unlocked this game a lot more. I wanted to share but I was curious if anyone has noticed this as well?

    submitted by /u/Marcus0821
    [link] [comments]

    I'd like it if the next Fallout game had a definitive ending, so we can actually go back at a later date.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 07:23 PM PST

    New Vegas is my favorite game in the series. A big part of this is because the world is actually somewhat developed. There are multiple functional towns set up in a nearly civilized area The NCR is a true government because they've had time to set up after shady sands in Fallout 1.

    I'd love to see what happens in Boston after Fallout 4, but we'll never see it again because the game has 4 very different endings that aren't compatible. I think it's be cool if the next new game we got in the series had a more set finale so that future games could occur in the area

    submitted by /u/Romofan88
    [link] [comments]

    FNV Elite riot gear vs enclave power armor vs t-51b power armor

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:08 PM PST

    Getting close to the final battle, which is the best or coolest one to wear?

    submitted by /u/Enemy_Stand_number69
    [link] [comments]

    Felt inspired to do a tier list on the companions of New Vegas.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 04:28 PM PST

    Note that a tier list isn't saying to not use a certain companion. Just that the better characters are more usable in a variety of situations while the lower ones either have specific or lack of benefits. This is also for fun. (I'm sorry for Boone, I really do love the guy)

    S: ED-E A: Veronica, Raul B: Arcade, Rose C: Lily D: Rex, Boone

    ED-E: Pretty much the God companion of New Vegas. Relatively easy to get, does good damage, and can be beefy with the brotherhood upgrade while providing a TON of benefits. Free ammo, acts as a reloading bench, free weapon repair, gives you a +5% bonus to accuracy in V.A.T.S and damage bonus to Laser weapons. There really isn't a reason to not use the guy unless you're role-playing or prefer other companions out of personal preference.

    Veronica: Without a doubt the best companion for Energy Weapon users. (Aside from ED-E) Having a portable workbench around helps you keep up your ammunition by quite a lot and being able to craft weapon repair kits from anywhere is incredibly helpful. Not to mention her damage output with unarmed is pretty insane. Especially if you get her the Causeless Rebel perk. Can even provide you a crit damage boost to your melee attacks if you withhold the Elijah's holotape from her.

    Raul: Tired of your weapons running low on durability? Want your Tesla Cannon to not have to be repaired every other gunfight? Look no further than this busted fellow. Who possess one of the most braindead forever-active perks in the game by decreasing durability loss by 50%. Which can raise even further up to 75% if you make the old man retire. Even still Raul packs a punch as he rolls around with a. 44 mag with infinite ammo on it. Making him not only incredibly useful for his passive but his damage output as well.

    Arcade Gannon: Don't let him being a doctor fool you. He comes equipped with the amazing Plasma Defender energy pistol. Making his damage output pretty great and comparable to Raul. His passive is pretty good mid-game. Allowing you to gain 20% more healing from any consumable. Which is honestly pretty huge and can stack with other perks like Fast Metabolism and Cardiac Arrest. The most important use of him being access to the Enclave Remnants and arguably the best power armor in the game.

    Rose: Probably one of the most underrated companions in the game. She rocks a caravan shotgun and while most of us may see this as mediocre she immediately grants shotgun surgeon when recruiting her and can get +15% damage bonus for guns. Making her damage output completely absurd if you decide to give her something a whole lot stronger. She also provides you the benefit of not having negative side effects of alcohol and provides you a free boost of DT when acting as your companion. Just the free DT alone makes her worth taking especially if you're doing a light armor run. Only downside is her quest requires you to go against Silver Rush and Crimson Caravan. Though I'm sure you can look over that issue given what she has to offer. :)

    Lily: Obsidian knew we needed to have a super mutant companion in New Vegas and they didn't...completely...disappoint us. She may not be no Fawkes but she has her uses. Especially when it comes to stealth as she doubles the duration of Stealth Boys which can certainly be useful in specific situations and provides a +10% damage boost for sneak criticals. Perfect for any stealth based character who wants to get as much damage as possible. That's not all though becuase as a super mutant she is one beefy bitch. Possessing an absurd amount of health and an immediate 100 melee stat if you tell her to get off the meds. Couple that and her inherit Super Slam perk and she can not only boost your stealth playthroughs but also tank for you too.

    Rex: Poor Rex. Living in the shadow of ED-E as the non-humanoid companion. His passive can be a little helpful when looking for items in hard to see locations but is relatively useless otherwise. Luckily he can get a passive that changes depending on the brain you can give him. I personally believe that going the Legion route is the best one for this doggo as he needs the extra DT and health to last against other Melee focused enemies though if you want the +25 damage boost go get it from Old Lady Gibson. Both help him out but when you have ED-E in the game it's a real struggle to see this use of this poor dog.

    Boone: It saddens me to put him as last. As he is a phenomenal character. I still use him on my NCR playthroughs despite his lack of real beneficial passives. The highlighting of enemies when zoomed in can help in hard to see areas but is honestly not needed. Most people will probably just do his little quest or outright kill him for his hat. Given that it offers an incredible +5% crit chance. He still has a hunting rifle as his main weapon which is really good though not comparable to the other companions in a gunfight. If he just had an extra passive like the others that could give him more of a niche he would be so much better. Poor one out for my boy Boone.

    Feel free to disagree on the placements and add your thoughts to this list. I might do one for Fallout 4 later on. Not sure about 3 though as companions in it lack passives that effect gameplay. Wouldn't be as interesting.

    submitted by /u/SlinGnBulletS
    [link] [comments]

    I set myself as essential in FO4 then this happened, can someone help?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:12 AM PST

    I have no camera mods which would mess this up, so I got no idea what could do this. I have had camera on the floor when dying if I'm essential, but not like this. Usually a quick tfc fixed my problems, but not now. I wouldn't really want to reload an older save, I'm playing with FROST so my last save is about 1 hour ago.

    https://youtu.be/gobhXGqkU30

    submitted by /u/Arnee556
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods that continue the game after the Hoover Dam battle?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Title

    Like with Fallout 3's Broken Steel DLC, I'm wanting to carry on playing the game after the main quest has done and whatever run I'm doing has won the war (Legion would be more specific as it's difficult to traverse the Mojave without bumping into some NCR - especially after a certain point)

    Is there a mod that allows this or do I have to not do the final battle until I decide to "complete" that playthrough?

    submitted by /u/LycanWolfGamer
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas Application error

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:24 AM PST

    just bought NV on pc, no mods, just have the script extender

    Game keeps crashing, this is the 3rd time in just 2 hours. error message keeps popping up saying

    "the instruction at 0x0000000000AA55A6 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. the memory could not be written.

    only been happening when i go through doors.

    any idea why this is happening? thanks

    submitted by /u/laceyrosegrace
    [link] [comments]

    Will nick hate me if i tell the brotherhood

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:01 PM PST

    Hello again wastelanders vault dwellers and lone wanders alike i have a question for you its in the title.

    Ive been playing far harbor and its very boring and getting dima's memories looks very like it will be long and kore boring i want to finish the story but i never feel like getting those memories.

    So i would like to tell the brotherhood of steel so that i won't have to do the story for it but i don't want a chance of nick hating me.

    So would attacking Acadia with the brotherhood make nick hate me or would he just do what X6-88 does and not care

    submitted by /u/CoolSlimeBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring save from PS4 to PS5

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:30 AM PST

    I was one of the lucky few who managed to get a PS5, so I downloaded my PS4 save file from the cloud storage, but after booting it up it only gives me the option to start a new game.

    When I go on my console storage, it shows up as there although it doesn't have little icon like the rest of them, just a blank image, and then there is a separate file for Fallout that has the image, yet only contains the save files for my controls and settings which I assume will be from me booting up the game and the game thinking I am starting for the first time.

    Sorry if my explanation was a bit off, but can anyone advise on how to load my old saves?

    submitted by /u/ChazzChamp74
    [link] [comments]

    May I please get help figuring out the name of a Fallout Mission?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 05:27 PM PST

    I played it over 7 years ago by this point, and I don't recall if it was in Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Here is what I remember.

    You are told that you will not be able to return to the wasteland until you have completed the mission, and are recommended to be above a certain level (though I can't recall the number) by the UI.

    You wake up in front of a wrought iron gate with a large fountain in the center (directly behind you, in the center of the town square) and your supplies are missing from your inventory

    A man speaks to you through loudspeakers throughout the town, and if I recall correctly, he is also watching you through cameras (he may or may not refer to being a doctor, I don't recall)

    The entire area has a pinkish orange haze or smoke over it, and the buildings may have had a Stucco design.

    I apologize, as this is my first reddit post. I couldn't find the answer elsewhere, though.

    Thank you so much in advance for any and all help! Sorry I couldn't provide more information.

    submitted by /u/StarlightBones
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like Nuka World shouldn’t be the last dlc.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:11 PM PST

    I don't know if this is unpopular, but I kind of want to discuss it. I feel like Nuka World isn't a good ending dlc for Fallout 4. It just doesn't fit honestly if that makes sense. Like compare it to the last two games final dlc. Now Nuka World isn't a bad expansion or anything. I think it's pretty decent. Only major fault is that being a raider should be an early game option and that clearing those park areas should make them accessible as a settlement. But besides that I enjoyed it, but it doesn't have that final DLC feeling. It feels like something that the protagonist would come across in the middle of their journey rather the end. Raiders seriously being the final object in the Sole Survivor's path? I feel like that doesn't fit story wise. Think about the Courier's final obstacle in Lonesome Road(final dlc in Fallout New Vegas.) Or who the Lone Wanderer has to fight against in their final dlc. You'd imagine the Sole Survivor's final obstacle to be something related to Vault Tec since they put them on ice or some synth related group similar to Far Harbor, but instead you have the options to create Synths as they have the choice to create Nora/Nate again or they accept their partners death. I feel like for a game that introduced Synths officially to the Fallout world, they should be a major part of the final dlc, not raiders who are barely organized.

    Feel free to leave your takes or rebuttals. I'd like to hear them as well.

    submitted by /u/FiendishCrave
    [link] [comments]

    Brotherhood of steel update

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 07:36 PM PST

    So I just started playing 76 after telling my self that I wasn't going to due to the problems it's has. But honestly it's not all that bad. I'm a previous FO4 player from since its release and I'm used to the bugs and glitches lol. But right now I'm on the wastelanders update and was curious if anyone had any idea of what the brotherhood of steel update was going to consist of other than more bugs and glitches lol TIA

    submitted by /u/abarkey1991
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76's servers

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 04:44 PM PST

    Hello! I saw that Fallout 76 has "Fallout 1st" which includes private servers. While that is cool, before I get the game I have a question; How annoying is it playing with other players in a public server in general? Are you able to play with "stealth" mode whereas you can't shoot them and they can't shoot you (similar to how GTA V has it)?

    I'm strongly debating on downloading the game but really wanted to know how it works exactly!

    submitted by /u/SectorRevenge72
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout: New Vegas Prime - A Fallout Fan Hack for the Cortex Prime TRPG System

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:02 PM PST

    I backed the Cortex Prime Kickstarter a year ago. I've had the book for a while and have been playing with it. As an experiment, I made a lightweight hack for Fallout New Vegas.

    I try to smoothly emulate some of Fallout New Vegas' mechanics. However, overall, I would say this is closest to a "HBO" of Fallout New Vegas.

    To those who like tabletop role-playing games, I hope you enjoy!

    I might do one for the Outer Worlds next.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/107qB1k89Evbk_ZiqLmc-dSKLw-5aZaUB3B_ciqW37Uc/edit?usp=drivesdk

    submitted by /u/Josh_From_Accounting
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Fallout 3's story structure (spoilers)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:20 PM PST

    Okay, so I know that you can immediately go rescue James from the simulation in Vault 112 and it will skip any of the quests to find him that you haven't yet completed. My question is this: how well does it deal with incorporating any story elements you might've missed? For instance, if I haven't yet gone to Rivet City and met Dr. Li, then is there just no conversation indicating that it's the first time we've met, or is there some kind of alternate dialogue that fits the scenario?

    submitted by /u/TheAlmightyJanitor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment