• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 21, 2020

    Fallout | I made an infographic of Nuka-Cola distribution in the United States.

    Fallout | I made an infographic of Nuka-Cola distribution in the United States.


    I made an infographic of Nuka-Cola distribution in the United States.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 04:30 PM PST

    The Brotherhood in Fallout 4 is a brilliant depiction of how someone can descend into fascism

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:26 AM PST

    I was around 15 when I first played FO4. I was a bit of a loner, and very politically ignorant. I was basically the perfect target for fascist indoctrination.

    I had played both 3 and New Vegas, so I had experience with the world of Fallout, but playing 4 was a whole nother thing. I was enthralled with the changes to power armor, though like many other people, disappointed at the lack of cities and people to interact with. In game, I felt just as lonely as I did in real life wandering the wastes. The constant search for fusion cores in the early game was also a constant thought on my mind, as I wanted to continue to be the unstoppable tank that power armor allowed me to be. That's where Danse's patrol came in.

    I stumbled upon them and was immediately drawn in by Danse's promise of camaraderie within the Brotherhood, as well as his gift of Righteous Authority, which I used throughout pretty much the whole game. Even if Rhys was a bit of a dick, I wanted to prove myself to him so I would be accepted. I did a lot of the quests he and Haylen had for me until I decided to get the main story moving again. Once the Brotherhood showed up, I was in awe at the Prydwen, and immediately went to Danse to try to join.

    All of this, the people, the rewards and gifts, the aesthetic, was so enticing that I was overlooking everything that should have been a red flags. The indiscriminate hatred towards ghouls, synths, super mutants, the intense shows of force to the slightest provocation, the almost blind acceptance of anything that came from a superior. I didn't really have much of an opinion on synths, but I knew that not all ghouls were feral and not all super mutants were bad, but I still went along with it, lying to myself that they didn't really mean all of them, just the 'bad' ones. I just wanted to feel like I belonged somewhere, and as embarrassing as it sounds to admit, I didn't have that in my real life.

    As time went on, these flags only grew bigger, and more kept popping up, but I was being recognized and welcomed within the Brotherhood, even by Rhys, and was given more quest rewards and gifts of power armor, ammo, fusion cores, and the like. Basically, everything I wanted, I was getting. I neglected basically every other faction's quests in favor of pursuing the Brotherhood's, and was even beginning to be convinced that synths really were just abominations like feral ghouls or super mutants. That is, until I found out that Danse was a synth.

    Danse had been my buddy all game, he never left my companion slot. Everywhere I went, he came with. When I found out he wasn't really Danse, I was torn, just as he was. I didn't want to lose him, so maybe not all synths were bad? I convinced him to stay in the Commonwealth, and tried to confront Maxson about it, hoping I could change his mind as well. I didn't want to lose who I saw as the only friends I had in the Commonwealth. I didn't really want to start over as the initiate of any of the other factions, so I hoped I could change his mind. I couldn't, but he did give some leeway to letting Danse stay alive, so long as it wasn't near any Brotherhood. I saw this as maybe the beginning of a change for Maxson and deluded myself into believing that if I gave it some more time, he and the rest of the Brotherhood could eventually see that not all synths were bad, and neither were all ghouls or super mutants. I finished the game out for the Brotherhood, mass killing the Institute in an excessive show of force, only being able to bring Danse along when I knew there wouldn't be anyone else around to see.

    After the main story ended, I didn't touch it again for a long time. I felt bad about so many of my choices. I had left Shaun in the Institute because he was a synth and I knew Maxson wouldn't approve, and even though I knew it was just a game, it really affected me. Danse was the only person I would have called a friend, and even though I tried to stand up for him to Maxson, I didn't have what it took to actually make a stand for him and leave the Brotherhood with him. I stayed with the very people who threw him away like trash, taking his role and replacing him.

    After many years of thinking about this and getting more real world experience, I've come to realize how scarily close my experience here is to a lot of tactics that fascists and other right wing groups use to bring in new members. Like I said in the beginning, they target loners and offer them friendship and a group of like minded people, and don't often show their full true colors right away, but instead feed it to the target bit by bit so they slowly become indoctrinated to it, repeating it without realizing when they began to believe in it. Even if something happens to make the target realize there is some dissonance going on, such as with Blind Betrayal, the target usually feels like they're in too deep to leave, which is reinforced by other members. They are made to feel as if they are utterly alone in the world without that group. I was so close to being that person. I am so glad that I am not, and looking back on it, I'm very impressed with Bethesda and the work they did to make the Brotherhood feel like a living faction that could be real.

    submitted by /u/Nickstar17
    [link] [comments]

    On my fifth play through of fallout 4. Here’s my EDC (everyday carry) since I started playing again.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:54 PM PST

    Question: Did anyone else kill Father the first time playing FO4?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:25 PM PST

    I was super shocked and disappointed by the main story. I was almost certain the institute was going to put up a fight when I first went in. So my first time around I prepared for war before going in. I actually I ended up breaking the game by killing Father as soon as I saw him. I thought this was a reasonable response. I was shocked to say the least!

    Also, I'm new to the fallout series and in my opinion the main story was awful. I'm going to try NewVegas next.

    Did anyone else do this their first play through?

    submitted by /u/inreehd
    [link] [comments]

    the sole survivor is technically the president of the united states

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 12:43 AM PST

    according to american law if the president dies the vice president becomes the new president and if he dies the job goes to the rank below him and so on and so on since the enclave is dead on the east coast and mostly dead on the west coast and the sole survivor was a soldier so technically a government official since everyone else above him in the pecking order is dead that makes him president of the united states of america by default

    Message u/Red Savarin

    submitted by /u/HurricaneRocker
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play Fallout 3 as a stealth player?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 05:12 AM PST

    Hey :) I simply wanna know, if you're able to play fallout 3 in a stealth way, with options of leveling sneaking or anything like that. Haven't really played Fallout yet, but I love playing rpg's like Skyrim with a lot of sneaking and all, so I wanted to know if i could do that in fallout 3

    submitted by /u/Purristic
    [link] [comments]

    New to Fallout 4. Give me tips

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 03:36 AM PST

    Good evening ladies and gentleman,

    Just got Fallout4. Ive completed a good bit of side questions but just got to diamond city to explore. Im not doing the story mode just yet as I want to develop my character. Ive been doing alot of brother hood quests along with minutemen quests. Im focus more on a rifle/pistol build. Currently focusing on being able to use base mods and high-tec mods to upgrade weapons.Ive been collecting everything I can in the open world. Im level 8 currently.

    As far as perks, What should my perks mainly focus on?

    Am I in the right direction for a good play through?

    submitted by /u/itsxoxov
    [link] [comments]

    New Weapon Idea: Base Mine

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:39 PM PST

    I thought this was a fun little idea to go along with Fallouts "turn regular things into weapons" tradition. We have baseball grenades and baseball bats so why not a baseball base mine? Made of leather and some explosives, it's a fun new way to craft mines/defenses.

    This also makes mines ACTUALLY make sense. Mines are supposed to be buried but FO mines are not, for some reason. Having a base mine would make it make sense since bases aren't buried.

    There could also be variants in terms of power. Maybe a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd base variant (each stronger than the last) and home is like a nuke mine in power.

    Just a fun idea.

    submitted by /u/Tykuhn42
    [link] [comments]

    Would you reccomend TTW for a first time player of both games?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 03:08 AM PST

    I've heard great things about the tale of two wastelands mod, but I'm just wondering if it would be better to experience the story on its own. I almost never use mods in games because I prefer to play games as they were intended to be played, but since I'll be playing both games anyways It might help me anyways.

    submitted by /u/_Truth_is_0ut_there_
    [link] [comments]

    Why didn’t the BoS start using Enclave Power Armor?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:42 PM PST

    After the NCR defeated the Brotherhood at Helios One, they salvaged the Brotherhood's T-45 suits and created non-powered Power Armor suits. I understand that Power Armor was designed to render itself useless once the wearer was killed, thus being why the NCR could just refurbish the suits. Not only that, but the NCR simply didn't have the means to refurbish the salvaged suits.

    But the Brotherhood could have the means to not only refurbish Power Armor but manufacture it as well.

    It's stated that the X-01 Series Power Armor was the most technologically advanced suit ever created. While Enclave suits may not be actual X-01, they were likely built using the blueprints of the pre-war X-01 suits.

    If the X-01 is so much better than the T-45, T-51, and T-60, why doesn't the Brotherhood use it?

    If they've already defeated the Enclave, then wouldn't they have a bunch of the Enclave Power Armor suits that were not only salvaged from battlefields, but also ones seized from Enclave bunkers, bases, and plants?

    Just something that's always bothered me and have never gotten a clear answer to.

    submitted by /u/No_ATF_Agents_Here
    [link] [comments]

    Should I mod fallout 4 for my first play-through? (Xbox)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:17 PM PST

    If so, what are some good mods?

    submitted by /u/Enemy_Stand_number69
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a possible way for fallout to take place in New York?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:23 PM PST

    I know it's a wasteland but the song new York new York world be so perfect and everyone knows stuff like Ellis Island and statue of liberty.... I usually play a ghoul like character so the amount of rads would be awesome. Plus it could leave room for super radiation.?

    submitted by /u/pinkpumpkins9
    [link] [comments]

    Best ending in Far Harbor for a minutemen general?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 02:39 AM PST

    I'm really conflicted. As a minutemen general who takes his job seriously, the main goal for him is to achieve peace all across the commonwealth but also deal righteous justice when it is necessary.

    So if we exclude material gain (e.g perks and loot, because my build doesn't really use any of the loot we get from the different endings) which ending is the most appropriate, the ending where there is peace on the island and DiMA lives and gets away with murder or where DiMA is brought to justice and the residents of far harbor can live without fear of the CoA?

    I think it's evil to kill a bunch of people in atomic fire even if they're delusional but having DiMA brought to justice and dealing with the threat of replacing is compelling for a justice seeker and a friend of the people character. On the other hand, DiMA does strife for good and it would possibly be for the better if he was there to look out for all the residents of the island, but I don't feel like an honorable fool general could go through his plan of murder and replacing.

    As a side note it feels like the peace between FH and CoA is built on hollow ground. There are many things that could happen. 1. If the CoA notice that Tektus doesn't age or if he somehow dies and the children find the synth component. 2. If convinced to leave, Tektus returning on the island despite warnings, 3. If murdered, someone finding his corpse in the wall (by the smell, some construction work?) , 4. Relations in the future going south for different reasons (both factions are inherently xenophobic)

    It most likely comes down to roleplaying. Which do I think my general values more, peace or justice.

    Edit: I also roll alot with Nick with this guy so his opinnion should have some impact on the ending. I know he is devastated if DiMA dies but he doesn't really seem to like letting him get away with murder. Which one does he actually prefer?

    submitted by /u/KnightRaideri
    [link] [comments]

    What item did I found in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 02:35 AM PST

    I've played about 20h and found some kind of plush toy which was a moon something animal/alien. Can some help me out with the name? I want to use it as a decoration ^^

    submitted by /u/PaulBaeumer
    [link] [comments]

    What has happened to all of the companions in my Minutemen play-through.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:30 PM PST

    Here's what has happened to all of my companions in my Minutemen play-through in Fallout 4.

    Piper Wright: After the Institute was destroyed Piper expanded her newspaper business to include and deliver news all across the Commonwealth, she now works full-time in their new HQ in the safety of Vault 88.

    John Hancock: After his adventures with the Sole Survivor, he left for Goodneighbor and continued to be the full-time mayor of Goodneighbor and (of course secretly) with the help of the Sole Survivor opened a factory in a undisclosed location in Boston, and continued to rake in caps selling chems in the Commonwealth and the Capital Wasteland.

    Robert MacCready: After finding a cure for his son with the help of the Sole Survivor, the Sole Survivor provided him the caps to go with a caravan back to the Capital Wasteland.After curing Duncan, MacCready went back to the Commonwealth and with the help of the Sole Survivor became both the leading sharpshooter in the Minutemen army and became the Mayor of Spectacle Island.

    Strong:After his adventures with the Sole Survivor, Strong built a shack/farm in the northern Commonwealth and started a business selling brahmin milk, and every once a month, the Sole Survivor visits Strong to make sure he's ok.

    Cait: After her Psycho addiction was cure and her adventures with the Sole Survivor were done, she returned to the Combat Zone, collected her last payment from Tommy Lonegan, stole a crate of Bee, and moved on from her past.She soon bought a house in Diamond City where she runs a how-to self-defense class full time in Diamond City.

    Nick Valentine: After avenging his's fiance death and completing his adventure's with the Sole Survivor , Nick continued his detective work and soon started to branch out into other settlements in the Commonwealth.His agency soon had over 20 full time detectives specializing in missing people, kidnappings, murders, rapes, and theft.

    Codsworth: After his adventures with Sole Survivor were complete, Codsworth returned to Sanctuary Hills where he spent months repairing the House of Tomorrow almost back to it's Pre-War glory.He now works full time repairing the houses in Sanctuary Hills back to their Pre-War state.

    Preston Garvey: After his adventures with the Sole Survivor, Preston was appointed to Assistant General of the Commonwealth Minutemen, lead officer in charge of the Castle and all operations in the Southern Commonwealth.He now stays full time in the Castle, watching over Minutemen operations and polishing his Laser Musket.

    Curie: After her adventures with the Sole Survivor she became a full-time scientist, teacher, and researcher.Her roll in reforming the Commonwealth was critical as she helped with the re-Industrialization of the Commonwealth and teaching youths the importance of science, math, and other non-violent skills in life.She also has a team of ex-Institute scientists helping her along the way.However as she was doing this all for free, she started a prostitution ring to earn more caps that employed mostly ex-raiders and synths.She is often considered one of the most popular and successful people in the Commonwealth.

    Dogmeat: Continues to travel with the Sole Survivor.

    Ada:After her travels with the Sole Survivor, Ada was promoted to the lead officer in charge of the robotics division of the Minutemen, and is also one of the Sole Survivor's personal body guards.

    Paladin Danse: Dead

    Deacon: Dead

    X6-88: Dead

    Porter Gage: Dead

    Old Longfellow: Dead (on accident)

    submitted by /u/Mrminutemansupreme
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 fan ending slides (first part cuz i dont got time)

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 01:42 AM PST

    Ron Perlman: "And so ends the story of the Sole Survivor, the man/woman who had started his/her journey across the Commonwealth, made peace with his old. The Commonwealth proved to be a brutal place, filled with violence, trickery, and death. But the Sole Survivor pulled through, destroying everything Shaun, his/her son and his predecessors had built.

    Preston Garvey: After the heroic rescue, the Sole Survivor gave Preston Garvey and his group of refugees hope. Eventually, Preston accepted the role of acting president, promising the first ever elections for a new General and President of the Commonwealth Minutemen. The Commonwealth prospered, and the Sole Survivor, content with his work, retired north in Far Harbor.

    Elder Maxson: The Brotherhood of Steel reigned supreme over the Institute. But with the Sole Survivor hesitant to hand over the Commonwealth to the Brotherhood, Maxson reluctantly retreated back to the Commonwealth, leaving a few Paladins, Knights and Scribes. These remnants eventually formed the Commonwealth chapter, and with the guidance of a Paladin Danse, the chapter returned to its roots, remembering the struggles faced by the Lyons family.

    Desdemona: The Railroad disappeared into the wastes after the devastating betrayal by the Sole Survivor, never to be see again. Old North Church now stands the tomb of the Railroad, occasionally visited by scavengers and those who still seeked help.

    Mayor McDonough: Diamond City enthusiastically invited the Minutemen into the narrow paths of the old stadium. With the mayor dead, the city council remained the head of the city, until Piper Wright ran for the elections, and against all odds, became the mayor of Diamond City. While most of the people cheered, some bigots grumbled in the shadows of the Stands.

    Nick Valentine: After finally completing the puzzle that was his past, Valentine continued his detective job, along with the Sole Survivor. Eventually, Nick followed the Sole Survivor's footsteps, giving Ellie, his assistant the job, and lived the rest of his life as the new caretaker of Acadia.

    Piper Wright: After travelling with the Sole Survivor across the Commonwealth, Piper decided to settle down in Diamond City, and eventually got elected as mayor. The new Mayor Wright finally lifted the Ghoul Ban. She also gave Nat, her little sister, the childhood she deserved, and when she had all grown up, she continued her sister's job of reporter.

    Codsworth: Codsworth followed his master to Far Harbor, where they got a home in the town. He continued serving his master, making the house one of the cleanest places outside of a vault. Although he is content with this life, he often remembers the times he made with Shaun and sir/mum.

    Cait: Cait settled in Sanctuary after the Sole Survivor's departure from the Commonwealth. She remains as a guard of the town, until a coordinated attack on the town by the Gunners made her have her own adventure, to GNR.

    Hancock: Hancock returned to Goodneighbor, content with the disposal of his brother. After a century, he disappeared into the wastes, leaving a prosperous Goodneighbor, standing true to Hancock's principle of Liberty, Equality and the Pursuit of Happiness.

    submitted by /u/AlkaliPineapple
    [link] [comments]

    [Fo4] Currently creating a horror-themed modding guide based around Whispering Hills

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 12:20 AM PST

    Boarded up buildings?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:30 PM PST

    I realize Bethesda just boarded up a lot of buildings and places so they could create content without going in depth on it (like a fake town cutout held up by beams in the back), but putting that aside, why would they be boarded up? Surely survivors would want to settle in the relative safety of buildings and then just have to use materials to seal holes and not build an entire house from scrap? Also who took the time to board up entire buildings?? Why waste the wood

    submitted by /u/chilller6
    [link] [comments]

    If you kill Tabitha then there will be no super mutants on Black Mountain, but if you fix Rhonda?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:17 PM PST

    Will there be no super mutants on Black Mountain either? I can't decide whether to kill Tabitha or still fix Rhonda, like Tabitha is an evil character, but if you fix Rhonda, then she will stop killing everyone on Black Mountain, since she will leave there.

    submitted by /u/adilkhan_utepov
    [link] [comments]

    Is Fallout 4 good enough on Xbox in terms of mods?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:50 PM PST

    So, Fallout 4 is currently on sale on Microsoft Store, and I'm wondering if there's a huge diffrence between the PS4 and Xbox versions, as playing the game on Playstation really sucked due to the lack of mods,

    Do you guys think it's worth playing FO4 on Xbox, or would it feel too vanilla-ish (which I find a bit boring), like the PS4 version? Should I just wait till I build a gaming PC and play it on that platform?

    submitted by /u/Megazupa
    [link] [comments]

    Big Iron 50 BMG single action revolver. Silly idea for a big revolver chambered in 50 bmg.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:35 PM PST

    Institute contradict themselves.. What do they want with "Synths"?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Why the sudden naming change from Androdis to Synths? An Android is a more fitting term based on EVERYTHING the Institute claims about Synths, that they're just advanced Robots..

    Synth is obviously synthetic, a replica, why would they admit they're creating replica, "synthetic" humans, then have an issue with the idea of sentience?

    I just don't get these people at all. They're all "Hey, we've created a synthetic human. MANKIND REDEFINED!!... Wait, what? No, of course they're not real, they're fucking machines REEEEEEE".

    The only logical connection between mankind redefined and synths, is the possibility of transferring ones consciousness to a synthetic body. This seems to be possible as Kellogg specifically talks in real time when visiting his memories, talking after the fact about being killed by the SS. But this just, doesn't seem to be the case?

    submitted by /u/_-Damballa-_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment