• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 5, 2020

    Fallout | Are these New Vegas patches rare?

    Fallout | Are these New Vegas patches rare?


    Are these New Vegas patches rare?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    So, some backstory: when my lil bro was in middle school, he had an assignment where he had to write a letter to a corporation and ask for something (weird, right?). Well - he decided to write to Obsidian, and ask for New Vegas and all of it's DLCs. A couple of months later, he received a letter from Josh Sawyer, and some patches - that neither of us have ever been able to find elsewhere since.

    We'd like to know if there's anyone else out there who has these. Here's the patches, and the letter: https://imgur.com/gallery/Atvcfyj

    Edit: per several people's suggestion, I went ahead and sent Josh a tweet. Here it is, if ya wanna signal boost it: https://twitter.com/ciapsyop/status/1302107780510228480

    submitted by /u/TROPHYEARNER
    [link] [comments]

    it would have been really cool to have been able to give nick a newer synth body

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    nick is probably my favourite follower, if not character, in the entire game of fallout 4. I think it would've been so freaking cool if eventually, we would be able to give nick a newer and more updated synth body. his current one is awesome looking, and really adds to the aesthetic, but you can see how run down it is.

    idk, I just think it would've been a cool little thing

    submitted by /u/physhes
    [link] [comments]

    If you could control the commonwealth, What would you do?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    I would shut down gen 3 synth production except for possible body part transplant for humans. (Which should have been the purpose) An entire shift in production. Synthetic fuel for the trucks and other machines. The minutemen artillery would be used on skyscrapers to destroy them. They would be cut up and melted down. And eventually rebuilt. The brotherhood can use the many power armor frames for construction. If maxon can be reasoned with. If not then they're balloon will be popped. Vertibirds with claws and buckets hanging from them used in transporting the rubble. Highways repaired, no more gunners. Safe caravans run directly into the city. New idea. Sandy coves Ghoul preservation home. Daily radiation monitoring. Rad treatment. the proper disposal of ferals is laser weapons desintigration. Nuka world fully repaired. Fog condenser for the glowing sea. If sunflowers survive we use those as well. They are known to suck radiation out of the ground in the real world. I'd Bring back credit cards eventually. Diamond city will be relocated and restored. Bringing back baseball. All vaults repaired and used for good. diamond city relocated possibly 111 or 88. An eventually restored metro system.

    submitted by /u/No-Yam-1976
    [link] [comments]

    (FO4) Kellogg’s Age

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    I was just playing through the main quest again and while I was explaining Kellogg to Valentine it dawned on me: shouldn't Kellogg be really old? Would it have made the story better if Kellogg had died before we came out of the vault?

    submitted by /u/shawchild
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't know what to do sooo I just watched and blew them up

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    I was wondering the wasteland in fallout 4 and then I saw a gunner and a raider BUT the raider was swimming in midair and the gunner had her head off but she was still alive

    submitted by /u/OriginalScary1714
    [link] [comments]

    What Fallout Settlement would You Want To Live In?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Out of any major settlement in Fallout, which one would you want to to live in the most, and why?

    Personally, I would like to live in Rivet City, something about the marketplace area is really pleasing to me, my second option being The Castle, what with it's Oceanside view. Ability to watch the Prydwen, the space you have along with its story, there's also some good high ground and general tactical resources.

    Let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/LikeIke1300
    [link] [comments]

    (Opinion) Fallout as a franchise is amazing, but no individual game is that great

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Fallout is easily my all time favorite franchise. Something about the world and all the little details that go into each game fascinate me, the only problem is that IMO, none of the games on their own are necessarily very good. As a whole, I'd say the franchise is great, but the games are not, if that makes any sense. Here's my reasoning:

    • For 1 & 2, it's mostly just how dated they are and the isometric/turn based gameplay that turn people off from these entries. The stories and world building of those games however are great, and set up the universe and franchise very well. For me personally, I just don't enjoy turn based games and would much rather play in real time like the later games in the series. Since that's just my opinion, I won't say it really holds them back. However, I do think the top-down, isometric view does take away from the immersion, as being able to explore environments up close and experience all of the little details of the wasteland is something that I believe 3, NV, 4, and even 76 really have going for them.

    • Skipping over Tactics and Brotherhood(yikes), FO3 was the first FPS/TPS in the series, which as previously mentioned I believe is the best POV for these games to be played in. The wasteland in 3 also has a really great post apocalypse feeling throughout the world, one that feels awful and simultaneously amazing to experience. Although I will admit the dumbing down of Fallout by Bethesda when it comes to the "retro future" aspects is kind of disappointing in some regards, I really enjoy the choices done with the radio and music present in the game. Despite all the the great things Bethesda did with Fallout, bugs, outdated graphics, clunky gameplay, and a pretty basic main story hold 3 back from being a really great game.

    • Then we have NV, many people's favorite (mine as well). Big improvements in RPG elements and storytelling were made over 3 in NV, and additions to gameplay like weapon mods and ADS added more depth and quality of life to the game. I personally love the atmosphere of NV the most out of any Fallout game, and feel very "at home" wandering the desert. I feel like the Mojave is a good balance between the bleak and empty Capital wasteland and the almost too populated Commonwealth in 4. The fact that Obsidian managed to make NV in 18 months, concept art to finished product, is insanely impressive and incredibly disappointing when thinking of how great NV could have been if given the normal years-long dev cycle of the other games. Because of the engine and time limitations, NV was and still is an absolute mess of bugs, and a real pain to play sometimes, along with having the same graphical quality as 3, which was already outdated when it was released years before. As "great" as I think NV is, having to rely on a list of mods just to start the game is something that keeps me from going back sometimes, and likely keeps others from giving it a chance.

    • Fallout 4 was the modernization of the series that was needed for many of its gameplay elements: Shooting was finally a feature and not an obstacle, and meant that VATS was no longer necessary for some players to actually land shots; Character creation was more detailed and allowed you to make your character look like a real human; Weapon modding was now far more intricate than before and allowed more choices; Power armor was now actually power armor; The list goes on and on. But, for all of the improvements on gameplay, the core experience of the game was watered down significantly. The RPG elements of 3 & NV were practically gone, with only 4 speech options that were essentially all the same, very few ways of going about an objective (typically just kill x person and continue with the quest), and only ~4 endings that didn't seem to care about your choices. It's clear that Bethesda tried to do new things with 4 that would make it more appealing to mainstream audiences, which worked in some ways but failed miserably in others. All in all, it's no doubt a fun game, but doesn't quite feel like an RPG fallout experience in the same vein as the previous games.

    • Then there's 76. I have played very little of 76, as so far all it has done is shown how greedy Bethesda has become and how they are likely done making good fallout games for the foreseeable future. Despite their plans to "fix" 76 by adding in basic things like NPCs and and a story, I don't think they'll ever come back from all the controversy they caused these past few years. Anyways, this one definitely isn't a great game.

    As a whole, fallout is amazing, but individually each game has glaring flaws(some subjective ofc) that hold them back. I'm sure this is how most people feel about the games, despite everyone having a favorite, but I just wanted to write out my feelings on the matter. Lemme know what y'all think.

    submitted by /u/Grim_Paradox
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout: Great Lakes

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    Fallout: Great Lakes

    War. War never changes.

    On the morning of October 22nd, 2077, the continent known as North America burned with the fires of nuclear war.

    But from the ashes of the Old World, a New World rose. From the New California Republic and the Nevada Confederation to the West, to the Commonwealth of Independent Territories to the East, nations have been built on the same foundation that founded countless others: survival.

    But in the Michigan Wastes to the North, survival is a personal matter.

    In Northern Michigan, Supermutants, Settlers, and Raiders jockey for control of distilleries, seeking precious fuel, the only way to survive the harsh typhoon-sized blizzards.

    In the city that was once Lansing, the Mountain Patrol tries to balance the fragile peace between various factions, while also protecting settlements from raiding parties, led by the fearsome and mysterious pirate king, Firebeard.

    And in the settlement of New Detroit, the rich and privileged lay idly in towers, both fading memories of the world that was, while those less fortunate brave the dangers below them, scavenging for supplies to stave off mutants, radiation, and starvation, or sell to buy safety in the ruins towering above them.

    Some believe the War was a warning to the human race: Change, or be destroyed.

    It seems the warning was ignored.

    But in an thought-long-abandoned underground bunker about a hundred miles south of New Detroit, an agent of change awakens.

    Will this change be a guiding light or an encroaching darkness?

    Only you can decide.

    A while ago, I posted an idea for a fan game I called "Fallout: Contingency"

    I still have nothing to show for it, beyond a little writing, and maybe some voice acting.

    submitted by /u/Intelleblue
    [link] [comments]

    Fo4 survival playthrough, instigating 10mm or deliverer?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    So playing a gunslinger high luck crit build on survival, currently level 16, should I use an instigating 10mm or the deliverer?

    I cant seem to help it but I keep carrying around too many guns! And With str 1 that hurts!

    Currently rolling with

    an instigating powerful 10mm

    A suppressed .38 pipe pistol for charging crits

    Righteous authority as a pistol (but keep running out of ammo)

    A powerful bolt action pipe pistol (.308) which is great for one shot sneak critical against legendaries

    submitted by /u/but-first----coffee
    [link] [comments]

    I never played any fallout game, but I'm really looking forward to buy one of the games. Which one should I get?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Title is pretty self explanatory, I never played any of the games but I really like the themes. Which of the games should I get first?

    Edit: alright, thanks for the help, I decided to buy New Vegas. Maybe I'll come back later and and document what I think of the game.

    Edit: the game doesn't open

    submitted by /u/dalbomeister
    [link] [comments]

    Will the song licenses for these games ever expire?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Remember when GTA IV got taken off Steam so they could remove songs? What's the chance of that happening with Fallout. There's not as many songs as in GTA so losing even one would be heartbreaking.

    submitted by /u/TheHeroicOnion
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] Have I Beat Far Harbor?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    I've been playing the Far Harbor DLC and I've already destroyed Acadia with the BOS and nuked the Children Of Atom, I've been doing a lot of side quests for Far Harbor. Have i beat the game or do I have to still do more quests with Far Harbor?

    submitted by /u/GioTheRPG
    [link] [comments]

    How am i able to transfer my saves?!?!?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    So i have recently got a new laptop and i went to start fallout 3 on it and my saves were all gone, i had assumed that steam would have saved them but i am mistaken, so now I'm assuming that maybe the games for windows has my saves stored? But when trying to log in it asks for a product key but i don't have one so i am kinda just stuck at the moment. Basically what i am asking is, how can i transfer my saves from my old laptop to my new laptop

    submitted by /u/flowerboy__
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 Setup Guide on Nexus Mods

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I just created a setup/modding guide for Fallout 3 for Windows 10 specifically on Nexus Mods. It covers all the basics for modding Fallout 3 including some performance tips to get the game running as well as possible with minimal crashing if you want to check it out, click here!

    Many Thanks,

    ChrispyCrispy

    submitted by /u/ChrispyCrispy
    [link] [comments]

    Noob question - can’t find Dogmeat

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    20 hours in, totally addicted to FO4, I have yet to get to Diamond City. Early one I switched out Dogmeat for Cogwsorth as a companion.

    I kind of forgot about him until a building session just now - was thinking of building a structure just for Dogmeat. Where is Dogmeat? My base is still at Sanctuary and I sleep there often.

    Also, at some point, will I have to choose between my loyalties to the Minuteman vs the Brotherhood?

    submitted by /u/YunKen_4197
    [link] [comments]

    Made a Nuka World Season Pass.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/3WbPlLK

    Picked up a used ID card printer and designed a season pass based on the VIP pass from the Merch store.

    I also made a Vault-Tec employee ID.

    submitted by /u/Jamesluke320
    [link] [comments]

    Mutant Power mod glitching Cait

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    For some reason the mod "Mutant powers" is affecting Caits dialogue on Xbox One. Can't open the companion suggestions, thoughts or even dimiss her while its active. I really don't want to ditch the mod since its the only way to have powers on console 😫. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix Cait?

    submitted by /u/Ro-Mitch
    [link] [comments]

    Does a bar and a drink stand link?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    I recently just unlocked stores so I could sell my massive water supply but after I should max to one I went to the next and all his caps were gone too. And the bars aren't right next to each other either they're 2 separate things and 2 separate settlers.

    submitted by /u/Boone_14
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 freezes during heavy combat, does anyone khow how to fix this?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    My buddy just got me fallout 3 after I platinumed fallout 4. However, the PC version is borderline unplayable. I managed to fix the startup crashes, but now during tense combat segments, the game freezes and that forces me to shut it down via task manager. I hope someone here has the answer and could help me out

    submitted by /u/Panzer-Hawk
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 DLC Replay

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    So I have done 1 play through of very vanilla fallout 4 (no mods, DLCS, Male, Brotherhood of Steel ending)

    I just downloaded all the workshops and DLCS I'm looking to do my second playthrough and I'm looking for any recommendations, mods, thoughts, play through order, insight, or advice you may provide. Please let me know

    (Also XBox One so no PC Mods unfortunately)

    submitted by /u/dingoravage
    [link] [comments]

    Gonna start Fallout 3 as my first game in the series. Any advice for a newbie?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I've always been interested in trying the Fallout series, but could never get my hands on any of the games until now. My stepdad got a giant crate of games, and FO3 was one of them. I know little about the Fallout games other than 4 and 76. I'm hoping it has a good story, though I am somewhat doubtful it can deliver based on what I've seen of FO4. I'm also inexperienced with FPS games (I prefer hack and slashes and Dark Souls and Bayonetta), but I'm still not one to shy away from higher difficulties. I'm also used to linear games like Furi, which is just a string of bosses with pretty environments in between. It's an RPG, so could someone give me a rundown of all the options, and what I'd benefit from picking each one? This is on Xbox 360, BTW.

    submitted by /u/YokoTheEnigmatic
    [link] [comments]

    Relatable? (might be a SPOILER to those who haven't played)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Fallout 3: Vault 101 ends up banishing you after you solve the Vault's problems when returning again (with good karma)

    Spider-man: "Despite everything you've done for them eventually they will hate you" - green goblin

    this is how I feel everytime I play!!! 💔💔

    submitted by /u/flutterfairyprincess
    [link] [comments]

    help in fallout seventy six

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    so i'm currently level fifteen and i'm trying to make my into welch to find the next journal and continue on the main story but i am literally being destroyed by everything in my way with decent armor. everything more down south is about seven to ten levels and even sometimes fifteen levels above me. this game doesn't really guide you as well as the other games and i am wondering which quest path route is the best to take in the game? would really appreciate this help because i love the game but it's getting frustrating having to use multiple stimpacks in every fight. i'm also a gun strength build.

    submitted by /u/thatshitbritical
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment