• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 12, 2020

    Fallout | So i launched Fallout New Vegas for the first time a few days ago

    Fallout | So i launched Fallout New Vegas for the first time a few days ago


    So i launched Fallout New Vegas for the first time a few days ago

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    And so far the game is as good as everyone said and i'm still at the beginning of the game. And i only got 2 crashes lol it's a 10/10

    submitted by /u/Razer-_-62
    [link] [comments]

    I'm blown away by fallout new vegas's writing

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    So, I've been playing fonv for some time, the only fallout game I had previously played was fallout 4, and jesus christ, there is so much difference in the writing, for example, I got to novac, they asked me to take care of some ghouls, I was used to that fallout 4 type of extermination mission, so I thought "plain and simple", and mam, little did I know, I got there, killed a couple, and then got tangled up in a complex story, with several details about ghouls going into space, and was just blown away by how much more that game felt like an actual world, and that every story in this world is as complex and intricate as my own, and baby, I knew I was in for a wild, wild ride

    submitted by /u/LukasGama
    [link] [comments]

    I went to real Goodsprings this weekend! Photos in comments

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Ultimate Speech System Idea for Fallout 5

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    People have praised Fallout New Vegas plenty in the past for bringing back skill checks and more dialogue options from the original isometric Fallouts. Basic skill and stat checks are great on their own, but I think that more should be done in order to make Charisma and Speech more fun as a playstyle. The goal being to make the player feel more like they have a silver tongue, and less like they just specced right.

    I'm now about to go on a tangent about my best ever experience with a speech system in any video game. Oddly, it came from Life is Strange, (major spoilers ahead) a game where all your choices basically boiled down to if you made out with your friend at the end. About a third of the way through your playthrough, one of the side characters at the college you're attending slips into a depressive state. A video of her doing some - let's just say very out of character - things at a party had been shared far and wide. She insists she has no memory of the incident, and her uber Christian family as well as every jackass in the school has been harassing her over it. Part of the plot revolves around you investigating this incident, but you can choose to be more inquisitive in dialogue to find out more about her and what she knows. Later in the game, she is found standing at the top of the dormitories. You have to talk her down, and the only trick you have up your sleeve is your vocal cords. This isn't any normal speech check though, you have to actually choose which way to go about it. In my first playthrough, I had been careful to look over everything and had been very kind to her. She acknowledged my kindness, but insisted she had nothing to live for. Several options pop up for how to respond to this, each things that might be important to anyone. I chose to remind her of her sisters, the only reference to which you can find in a picture of them smiling with her on her dresser (and in one of the dialogue items iirc, but I particularly remember the picture frame). If you hadn't been observant, if you hadn't legitimately cared for this character, she will actually die. If she does, it's entirely your fault. The speech check is not a check of numbers, but rather a check to see how well you can actually talk someone down and how much you cared about a character. Other games with more involved speech systems include Deus Ex (which has an interesting system until you choose the aug that makes it ten times easier) and LA Noire. Both of these games use more nuanced approaches of successful speech choices that fit a character's personality and facial expressions respectively. My idea is to use a mix of these awesome systems and blend it with an RPG-style skill check in order to make the ultimate speech system for Fallout.

    My idea still uses the Speech stat as a base. In order to initiate Persuasion dialogue, you must have a certain amount of skill points in speech. Once you initiate persuasion, several options could appear. For certain interactions, you could utilize specific perks to persuade someone (i.e. Terrifying Presence, Ladykiller/Cherchez la Femme, Black Widow/Confirmed Bachelor, etc.). In others, you could use information you'd learned about someone through previous dialogue. The basic speech check could be a small minigame similar to the dialogue in Deus Ex (just not Oblivion's, anything but Oblivion's) with a small back and forth choosing the best option to work on their personality or current emotions. Each of these options could result in different outcomes, so there wouldn't always be a obvious "best" option for a given character. Maybe mentioning something they said previously gets you more information or maybe you'd be better off trying to use your silver tongue. Maybe the best option is just to convince them to bang you or scare them into submission, idk, it's your protagonist, go nuts.

    What I want more than anything is for a player to feel like they actually have some skill and choice in dialogue, and I think this overhaul works more in than direction. Voice whatever you think in the comments. I'm interested in what other people think about the dialogue in Fallout, how you'd fix it, or if you think it even needs fixing.

    submitted by /u/detectivejeff
    [link] [comments]

    People who work at Bethesda how is the backlash against fallout 76 received and has it made a difference in future decisions?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    Im definitely curious 👏🏼🙌🏼

    I was introduced to fallout 3 by my dad when i was 8 im 19 now, and have loved fallout ever since

    I do like fallout 3 and newvegas art design and graphics as i feel like it fits the fallout scene.

    Im definitely curious to hear about how 76 has affected future decisions at Bethesda, i never played fallout 76 but i hope to god fallout 76 stays fallout 76 and doesn't end up intertwining with the single player games

    submitted by /u/Jayden_2615
    [link] [comments]

    I need some reassurance that FNV is as good as people say

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    So I recently got a laptop for school that can run some games (Core i3, so really only some), and I got New Vegas because it was only like $2. I started the game, Shot the sasparilla bottles at the bar spot, and then went down the Highway to that one town (I forgot the name and I wasn't paying much attention to the name). So far the game doesn't seem bad, it just seems mediocre, is it just the very beginning that's not good or does the game get better. And again, I know it's a fallout sub but I want to know if the beginning just isn't good

    submitted by /u/DemBuds0-0
    [link] [comments]

    The Opening Scene of Fallout: New Vegas being played on a small Black and White TV (Youtube Link)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    Do you guys recommend any mods for FO4???

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    I just got the GOTY edition for Fallout 4 and I wanted to know if you guys have any suggestions???

    submitted by /u/dippnripp
    [link] [comments]

    I feel bad for Caravan Brahmins being left behind

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    There have been multiple instances in my FO4 and recently FNV playthroughs where I encounter Raider/Fiend ambushes along the trail. Especially on the long 15 and 188, where caravans get ambushed by Vipers or Fiends.

    Of course not all encounters end up desirable, half the time, by the time I chime in with support fire, the mercs and merchant are already wiped out before the raiders turn their guns back at me. The only ones left behind are the Brahmin, just leisurely standing back, alone, after they run from the firefight.

    A recent instance, along the Long 15 between the Mojave outpost and Nipton. A fierce ambush Jackal Raiders hit a roving caravan traveling towards Nipton (mods installed). I wasn't quick enough to save them, because the ambush was armed with a Minigun and a Grenade Rifle, but luckily I saved the Brahmin whom was already limping whilst running towards me.

    After the encounter and healing my damaged limbs, the poor thing is just looking at me as I move along, in the middle of a fucking sandstorm, alone. Man I wish there's a mod or something to recover these Brahmins and get them to a safe place.

    submitted by /u/UTKujo
    [link] [comments]

    (FO4) When should I install Creation Club content? XB1

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Platform: Xbox One

    So I have most of the CC stuff, and I'm wondering if I should activate it before leaving the vault, right after leaving the vault, etc. I can't find a conclusive answer online, or I'm just bad at looking stuff up. I've gotten the "Stuck in Vault 111" bug over and over, but I've gotten past that by installing them after opening the vault but not exiting the vault.

    I'm mostly worried because I've read that CC broke the Kellog's memories quest, and I'd rather avoid sinking time into the game just for that to happen if possible. So I'm wondering when the ideal time is to install everything. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PKStarPunk
    [link] [comments]

    cannot reruit setteler wanderer.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how to recruit her? I found her but cannot recruit her, can't even talk to her in a dialogue box

    submitted by /u/CrimsonCammando
    [link] [comments]

    Why are ghouls called that?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    How is it that this word has become common and popular in the name of people exposed in radiation.

    Ghouls, it is generally characters of mythology of the East. How did knowledge of them spread to US 50s, and associated with radiation victims?

    submitted by /u/XXTvister
    [link] [comments]

    "Don't tread on the bear" confusion (new vegas

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    I'm on the mission "dont tread on the bear" and the description is "the ncr has a robust network of informants. If you continue to work with yes man, the ncr will no longer accept your help." But I'm confused what it wants me to do.

    submitted by /u/SuperRebel6
    [link] [comments]

    Which fallout has the best multiplayer mod

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    Wanna do a fallout playthrough with some friend, trying to find a good multiplayer mod for new vegas or fallout 4. Just wondering which game/games would be the nicest to play on

    submitted by /u/Lajln
    [link] [comments]

    I have Fallout 4 on SSD and the load times are STILL completely unbearable, got any advice?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    It's absolutely atrocious. If I load out of a building into the middle of downtown Boston I can be waiting for as long as a minute.

    It's practically beyond belief. I have it on a modern SSD, I have a 1080TI graphics card, up to date drivers, and an I7-8700K.

    I can load into a more modern and far better looking game in a quarter the time. I can make a similar load in Skyrim special edition (or whatever the newest one is), in 3 seconds flat.

    I turned off Steam cloud syncing, which I think did a little bit to help. I tried uncapping the framerate in the Fallout4prefs.ini but that just caused my game to crash.

    I really want to keep achievements enabled, so I don't want to use a mod that would surely break them, but if that's the only option then that's the only option. Because loading into a little shack for 1 minute of looting isn't worth the 1 minute it takes to load back out into the wasteland anymore.

    Also, I feel like it gets worse as my games go on and I level up or something.

    submitted by /u/Trussed_Up
    [link] [comments]

    "Minutemen" may be a nuclear-era pun.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    So obviously the aethetic of the Minutemen in FO4 is based on the Colonial Minutemen from the Revolutionary War, with their outfits, their laser muskets, and their motto, "Protect the Commonwealth at a minute's notice." But what I recently learned is that Minuteman was also the name of US land-based ICBMs carrying nuclear payloads during the Cold War, which may have been the inspiration to include them in Fallout.

    If anyone's interested, there's a fascinating video by CGP Grey in which he explores the ruins of a Cold War missile test site. It has extremely fallout-y vibes. I learned about the Minutemen missiles through his later videos explaining the history of the facility. (It turns out this site wasn't testing Minutemen missiles, but it's interesting regardless).

    submitted by /u/evil_cryptarch
    [link] [comments]

    Tracking dead bodies using vats

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    In the vanilla Fallout 4 how much does it suck when you are in a huge firefight like the one in Quincy? You kill a legendary enemy and you forget where they were and you can't use vats to figure out where you killed them

    submitted by /u/JarrodRM89
    [link] [comments]

    (HELP!) Institutionalized won't start

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    So im trying to start "institutionalized" but after finishing "molecular level" and teleport into the institute father doesn't speak in the speaker and the elevator says "access denied". My game has 280 mods and Ive tried disabling all of them and trying "molecular level" again and I get the same result.

    Does anyone have a fix for this? Like a console command or mod so I can progress.

    Most of my mods are subtle changes so there should be anything messing with the quest.

    submitted by /u/Finn199
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 2 Memory could not be read

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    Hello to everyone! So basically i have installed the game a few months ago and there wasn't any sort of problem, but a few weeks ago i have this problem entering a new area of the game (The Wright's Family Area). When i try to enter in this location the screen becomes totally black and the game freezes, after a couple of minutes when the game crashes appears a message that says ''The instruction at 004a6192 referenced memory at 02d98018 the memory could not be read from click on ok to terminate the application'' someone knows how to fix this?

    I have installed the game from igg-games and installed an unofficial patch for the Italian language i have done the same with fallout 1 but without problems like this... I think that i don't have any patch of killap, maybe it can fix the problem? My pc has 8 gb ram windows 10 i5.

    Also i tried to run the game as administrator, windowed etc

    Thanks in advance to everyone

    submitted by /u/Infamous_Pittura323
    [link] [comments]

    SCORE Rank 65 ‘Future-Tec CAMP’

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    On 'The Legendary Run' Rank 65 you receive the 'Future-Tec C.A.M.P - but it seems you can't replace your existing C.A.M.P module with this one?! Is this correct, or can you but I just haven't figured out how?! Will be bloody annoyed if it can only be used with 'new' CAMPS.

    submitted by /u/ChimpyChops67
    [link] [comments]

    Children of Atom Rad Mod?(F4/PC)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    sorry, writing on phone..

    been lookin to find me a mod for a perk that adds a cap on rads(preferably 50%), gives a boost(for example damage/resistance) the more ye glow, but only while ye are part of the children of atom im new to the fallout series, if there is different ranks/promotions for the CoA then maybe variable caps/buffs?

    ive found some mods that add equip for no rads and 1 mod that adds a cap at 95% rad with no buffs if theres is none i must create one myself, but wanted to check if someone knows a mod that i could use

    thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Licks-the-Hist
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't Fallout 4 Creation Club weapon mods show 1st person images

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Seriously. I got the Quakecon pack of the CC and I was disgusted by the 1st person animations on the Quake Thunderbolt. I then looked on the Thunderbolt's page and there weren't any 1st person photos. None of them have 1st person photos. Is this some bullshit marketing tactic by Bethesda or is the person taking the screenshots an idiot? Also, I have an extra question. Why don't they have custom animations?

    submitted by /u/refrigerator9465
    [link] [comments]

    I died, can I pick up my list items?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Ok, so I died to a Deathclaw, I'm level 5, just got in the game and I died, so on my way to pick up my stuff, the same Deathclaw kills me again, I can no longer pick up the stuff I lost previously, I can only retrieve the stuff I lost when I got killed again, so what happens to the stuff I lost before I died again? Can I go pick it up or did I loose it forever?

    submitted by /u/Poop-_Master
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 - Supply Lines

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    I am yesterday old when I found out that if two towns have a supply line, then the items in both workshops for each area are shared so I don't have to Jump between the two. So say if I have Sanctuary connected to Starlight and Starlight connected to Greentop Nursery, do they all share the items? I assume it does.

    submitted by /u/CapnMReynolds
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment