• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 20, 2020

    Fallout | Nick Valentine is such a great character,

    Fallout | Nick Valentine is such a great character,


    Nick Valentine is such a great character,

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    I just finished Far Harbor, and while I found the Reformation ending a bit underwhelming I still really enjoyed it. I'd traveled with Nick for most of the main story until I decided to take a break and travel with Hancock for a while. But once I got the DLC it was good to have Nick as my companion again.

    I just love Nick Valentine so much as a character. Normally I'd want a character like this to be romanceable but with Nick, he's just so damn good as a friend that I don't think I'd romance him even if it was an option. There's something so wholesome and comforting about him if you get what I mean, he's one of the few characters in the game who's genuinely a good person through and through. I love good characters in harsh and miserable worlds, they really stand out. It really feels like he's your friend too, that your relationship has developed. Also, his design and the whole concept of him as a synth prototype is cool as hell. He's also the most interesting companion in my opinion. I really wish we got that level of depth with some of the other companions. I think Hancock is pretty well-developed tbf but because he's my second favorite I'd have loved some extra story from him, maybe if we'd had the opportunity to explore his relationship with his brother more, like if 'In Sheep's clothing' was a longer quest or something.

    Anyway back to Nick. When I first met him I just assumed he was gonna be a character that betrayed me somehow. I probably based that on his appearance and because he's got the same voice as Mercer Frey. (I thought I'd never get used to that voice coming out of a good character, now I think it's gonna be weird to go back and hear the voice come out of Mercer Frey). Once I got back to Diamond City with him though, I knew that this dude was gonna be something special. I love watching him react to stuff. He and Hancock deal out some serious burns and I love it. I don't think I'd have joined the Brotherhood of Steel anyway but Nick was also a major part in me deciding to not join them. I'd feel so bad if I disappointed him and he's a fictional robot, why do I care about him so much lmao. It almost feels like he's my dad or my grandad or something.

    This game wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable to me if not for him. I know fo4 has its flaws but I really loved it and the companions are a big reason for that. I mean maybe it's because I'm used to the flat and ironically, robotic, followers of Skyrim but I still think fo4's followers are something special. I wouldn't go anywhere without them, well except maybe the Institute... The only problem is, I've grown so attached to the likes of Nick, Hancock, and Deacon, that I'm reluctant to travel with anybody else for too long, even though I know they're all fun too aha.

    As a side note- Although I may not like DiMA that much, the conversations he has with Nick are really sweet.

    submitted by /u/boldnbrashsquid
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon idea: Grenade Launcher that launches grenades

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    We have grenade launchers that fire specialized grenade rounds, but we don't have one that just fires normal grenades, like the frag grenade, or the plasma grenade. I think it would be cool if there was one that just launched grenades farther than throwing them or maybe made them explode on impact, and I think it would fit the setting since there are already a lot of much crazier improvised weapons. You could load it the same way you do the junk jet and the syringer in 4, so it wouldn't be hard to program. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer
    [link] [comments]

    The enclave vs the brotherhood of steel

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    More than a month ago, I posted a thread with the question, who would win in a battle, the brotherhood or the institute, with no sole survivor on either faction. But how about if the chosen one never helped the brotherhood, if the enclave were never pushed back to Washington, DC. So, who would win with no player intervention, the enclave or the brotherhood of steel?

    submitted by /u/meme_dealer_squad
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Fallout 4 on Windows 10

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Hi, I have a problem. When I play Fallout 4 (I play with the settings on ultra) everything is perfect, but there are times when I pause the game and go away for a while. When I return, the screen is idle (up to here everything is normal), but when it turns on it shows all black and the windows bar flashes and nothing responds, so I am forced to turn off the computer by holding down the shutdown button. The screen is HP brand and the computer is also an HP Omen. As far as I can remember it only happened to me with this game, I have other Bethesda games like Skyrim and I don't remember this happening. Any ideas on how to fix it other than turning off or increasing the minutes it takes for the screen to go into sleep mode?

    submitted by /u/taniasnow_882
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have 4 mortars at the castle and only one at the sanctuary, yet the one at sanctuary fires all its shells really quickly while as the ones at castle take at 5 times as long to finish firing the same amount. Is there a reason for this?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    Title. Thought increasing the number of mortars would increase the number of total shells, but it still shoots about the same from what I could tell and even did it way slower, why is this?

    submitted by /u/zetahood343
    [link] [comments]

    Are there Fallout Books?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    Aside from Coopers Caravan, are there any other Fallout novels? I enjoy the fallout universe and I'm looking for new books to read.

    submitted by /u/Spazz3z
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5 location discussion.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    So i was going to post why I think this location would be ideal for Fallout 5, but i want to hear what the community thinks. I think Fallout 5 should take place in both Texas and Lousiana. What do you guys think? I want to hear the communities ideas! Lore ideas, enemy ideas, locations, etc. I have my own reasons for wanting this location but like i said i want to hear your guys opinions!

    submitted by /u/RetroDino_
    [link] [comments]

    Question about fallout 76 and fallout 1st

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    I want to get fallout 76 and fallout 1st for the single player world edition but do i need xbox live to play the single player world ?

    submitted by /u/12-years
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't you move Jezebel's location?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Me, dumbass sent Jezebel in my first playthrough to my homebase in Sanctuary, only to realize a couple hundred hours later, you cannot change her location and she fucks up the whole happiness of my townmembers😑

    submitted by /u/Snowdropie
    [link] [comments]

    How to make tons of caps in fallout 4

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Make Jet with plastic and fertilizer, then go to vault 81 and sell it to Bobby for 75 each. I don't know what the limit is, I think I sold about 4 or 5 while I was there. It is possible that he has more than the usual 300 caps that most venders have. I'll find out later. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/jebelsbemdisbe
    [link] [comments]

    when do i start getting power armor perks (76)

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    im new to the game and im only level 22 and i am trying to make a pa/heavy gunner build at which level do i start to get power armor or heavy guns perks

    submitted by /u/Rexi_meme
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 Survival Tips?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    What are your guys' best tips for surviving the commonwealth in survival mode? Im playing unmodded to try and get some achievements. I already know to save often..neary thrown my controller one too many times to learn that one.

    submitted by /u/lFearlReckon
    [link] [comments]

    What do Brahmin Eat?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    They're cows who look big and fat and happy, but most of the fallout world doesn't have grass or anything close enough to it for large numbers of cattle to live off of. Seriously, some of the pens/ranches in the western games don't have a single blade of grass in them, and yet there are still cows. How?

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 black screen on start up

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Everytime i launch Fallout 4 i get a black screen. I can hear all the loading scenes that play but when i get to the main menu i can't see anything. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they could help me fox it

    submitted by /u/fakename1089
    [link] [comments]

    Laser Musket Fallout 4

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    Why does it use fusion cells when you crank it for power?

    submitted by /u/boiboiboi252663
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] When Freedom Calls quest bug help!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    EDIT 1: Thanks to everyone's help I've gotten both the First Step and Sanctuary quests to activate! Not sure how the game will react beyond that but I'll update this thread as I go if I run into trouble.

    STEPS TAKEN SO FAR

    1. use "setstage 1a001c 1000" to manually complete When Freedom Calls quest

    2. "Setstage 5dee4 250" to start Sanctuary quest

    3. Wait in game for some time (I did 12 hours)

    4. "Setstage 11b36e 50" to start The First Step (Might have to complete Sanctuary quest first?)

    Below is original post:

    I progress to the point that I meet Preston at Sanctuary and I have a conversation with him where your character says that they had been frozen for 200 years ect. However after that he just says "are you ready to help" or some variation of that and just stares at you.

    This seems to be a known bug for many years but I just can't find a fix for this. I'm on PC and I'm not against using console commands to go around it but anything I find online isn't very clear about going about that.

    Please if anyone has had this problem before any help would you be appreciated!

    Also I have mods installed but from what I've read it seems to do this in vanilla just the same.

    submitted by /u/miamifan54
    [link] [comments]

    Im a little worried about played new Vegas

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Howdy, recently I was very exited to play fallout new Vegas. I got the ultimate edition disc for ps3 and was looking forward to get into it. However, after doing some research I saw many peoples horror stories on how unplayable it was on PS3. Are these true? What was your experience playing new Vegas on PS3? Is it even worth it with how bad it runs? Btw the title should say playing instead of played

    submitted by /u/Needhelpwithguitar
    [link] [comments]

    I found a bug that might be alarming

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    I've been playing fallout 4 and 76 on Xbox but this glitch happened roughly the same time, it began on 4 where I had just discovered the railroad and I start talking to characters or listening to what they say and it's silent, unless I look to my left, then it works perfectly. But I can't spend the whole game turning the cheek at my companions etc but this also happens in 76. Is it my console that's fucked or my Xbox?

    submitted by /u/Jakennedy101
    [link] [comments]

    So I have an issue with paladin Danse wearing power armour I gave him

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    I want him to wear the quantum power armour from the dlc but I can only give him three pieces because it's too heavy

    submitted by /u/MadGodKiller101
    [link] [comments]

    I finally have them all

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    Did some fallout 4 photography Took some pictures in fallout 4 with a few mods. https://imgur.com/gallery/5LXwCWy

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    Took some pictures in fallout 4 with a few mods. https://imgur.com/gallery/5LXwCWy

    submitted by /u/PikaBoyGamingYT
    [link] [comments]

    Share your backstories and the stories of your characters.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    Now, I'm kinda starting to make stories and things about my own fallout characters (backstories on who they were. For example, my Courier Six was a synth Courser who took a face change and is trying to hide himself as he broke his programming and rebelled against the Institute.) and I'm just simply curious, what are the backstories and things you made for your own characters? You don't have to answer, it is just a curious thing I wanted to do.

    submitted by /u/LawbirdBringer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment