• Breaking News

    Monday, April 13, 2020

    Fallout | Bethesda’s worst lore-crime.

    Fallout | Bethesda’s worst lore-crime.


    Bethesda’s worst lore-crime.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    The worst one is the power armor. I mean,

    The T-51 was designed with a recycling system to turn waste into water for survival.

    So why in Fallout 4 am having to drink water all the time when I COULD BE DRINKING MY OWN PISS?

    Your move, Todd.

    submitted by /u/ChadBroChill7Teen
    [link] [comments]

    Check Out This Fallout Easter Egg I Found!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    'Currently on fire prick' in console?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    I have a pretty hilarious and harmless situation in that everytime I open the console, I'm met with the phrase 'Currently on fire prick' repeated for the full console window. It's spanned most of my game. At the beginning of the game, I levelled myself to level 34 via advlevel (I'm playing a continuation of my previous courier who I lost to a corrupted save file at level 34), so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

    I really don't mind it, it has zero effect on the game or immersion, I just don't know what it is. Anyone know?

    PS: If you have beaten the game several times anyway, I highly recommend giving yourself a high level at the beginning of the game for a playthrough. I was worried it'd feel too much like cheating, but I actually feel like this is almost my 'canon' courier as he feels like he's been through a lot already, and he's not starting the game as a novice. I've still had several close calls and I'm constantly crippled in some way. Fun way to play!

    submitted by /u/beanwulf
    [link] [comments]

    Bethesda doesnt give a f*ck about lore or timeline of fallout

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    When they do they try to be mysterious but they cant handle it

    submitted by /u/Eren0_0
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a mod to make Danse look like Buzz Lightyear?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    There is a clear “divide” between the fallout games since Adam Adamowicz’s passing

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    For those who don't know, Adam Adamowicz was a concept artist for Fallout 3, and Fallout 4 before his death in 2012 due to lung cancer.

    Before we carry on, I must state I am not an expert not this, and I am only taking things from face-value, and I just also state, I have written this before, but I had lost internet thanks to a thunderstorm and had to restart, so if anything isn't written correctly, tell me so I can mend it.

    There is a clear divide between Fallout 3's art style and Fallout 4' artstyle since the passing of Adam Adamowicz.

    Adam Adamowicz's art shows a much grittier Fallout world, post and prewar, it shows a world full of pipes, outlets, wires, exposed metals and the like. It shows a once dieselpunk world newly adapting to the advent of nuclear technologies. Because of this, I've dubbed it "Adampunk" after Adam and his unique style. This style is reflected in everything, the street lights, the cars, the architecture, clothes, people, everything. It even comes out in the final game, even leaking out into Fallout New Vegas. It is also skillfully done in a way that makes it seem somewhat realistic, as many of pre nuclear architecture is shown everywhere, covered in pipes and reactors and the like, being far more prevalent than the newer contained metal future buildings like the Chryslus building or the Dunwich building.

    The art takes reference from the real-world examples, most amplified by the pre-war bungalows, cheap housing built after wars to house returning GIs. This isn't the only example, there are many, of the real world being put into the game to distort it and make an even more disturbing, yet familiar post and pre war world.

    Adams work skillfully recreates and improves the equally, if not more so, gritty worlds of fallout 1, 2, and Van buren.

    The world of Fallout 1 and 2 shows the world adapting and changing to fit the new mantra of nuclear technologies, the spikes, antennas, pipes, outlets, steam vents, nuclear services, the very architecture shows a new sort of Art Deco, a deco that jutts out and grabs the observer into the dark romance of the new nuclear age. It can be seen in the cars, the buildings, the clothes, the weapons, all like the skillful art of Adam when conceptualizing Fallout 3's equally dark world.

    But, as you can see, everything in the games is still somewhat grounded, because if nuclear tech were as accessible as it is in the Fallout world, there's no doubt pipes would snake all about, vents and nuclear accesses poking out every which way, looking like a hadron collider.

    But Fallout 4 takes a different approach to the future. However, before Adams unfortunate passing, Fallout 4 was to be a more similar world to that of previous games. As you can see, the concept art points to a closer fallout 3 game, with the eventual lustron type homes at first being the wooden box homes shown in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Even diamond city, in its infancy, was to be much like the prewar world—metal, full of vents, pipes, and the like (and if you ask me, a far more realistic approach)

    But, with the passing of Adam, the concept art team seemed to think more positive to the influences of atompunk and the future of the past. The worlds of the past games obviously had inspiration from retro futurism, but none as much as fallout 4.

    Fallout 4 gives a fallout world seemingly comfortable in the new found ideals of nuclear technologies, with every concept art seemingly basking in the shiny, clean, curvy atomic future that is retrofuturism, with nearly all architecture from the Art of Fallout 4 showing the clear love of the art.

    The colorful future of the concept art leaks into the final game. With a world full of color and optimism, a far cry from the dark, pessimistic, but all too realistic worlds of fallout 1, 2, 3, and new Vegas. Everything about the prewar, and in many ways the postwar world of fallout 4, gives a happy-go-lucky worldview, with plucky cars, silly cartoons, with shiny metal skyscrapers touching the heavens itself all developing the much more positive worldview.

    In many ways fallout 4's world is designed as the "city of the future" with giant highways, highways that were originally in fallout 3 and new Vegas, but made all the more extreme, with giant highway ramps leading wherever one would need to go, with the artists giving more to the retrofuturistic idea that a car-centric city is the future, furthermore displaying the divide between Adam's fallout world, and the other artist's interpretations.

    However, the artists made sure to include many pre-nuclear homes and buildings, with a majority of the world being such, providing a juxtaposition between the realistic brownstones, and the optimistic metal home of the future, never-to-be. The world is also far much cleaner, with only post war installments of homes being filthy and covered with wires. Indeed, there are far LESS pipes, vents, wires, and other nuclear services. If one were to compare the worlds of fallout 1-NV and fallout 4, they would certainly believe that fallout 4 is set in a farther future than the fallout-NV would leave you to believe.

    But, I've gotten beside myself, and beside the point. There is a clear divide between Adam Adamowicz's influence on art, and the other artist's influence on art and the fallout world as a whole, one being grounded and respectful to the original games, with the others seeing how far they could go with the ideal of atompunk.

    Thank you for reading all of this, I'd love to hear what you think.

    submitted by /u/BiggestThiccBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys super excited for Wastelanders! Anyone have an idea what ( uk ) time it will be released? Thanks :)

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    Serious question.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    Why is fallout 4's assault rifle model so fuckin terrible?

    submitted by /u/Cameron_Ellis
    [link] [comments]

    What to do in New Vegas, I just got it.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    I just got new Vegas and I want to enjoy it fully. Is there a specific character build or places to visit that really get the new Vegas feeling?

    submitted by /u/redclickingdevice
    [link] [comments]

    Will Game of the Year work with existing saves? Fallout 4

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    I've recently returned to Fallout 4 and realised how much I love this game.

    To complete my DLC collection with be about £40 though, with the Game of the Year edition only £15 on ps store including all DLC.

    Has anyone tried purchasing the game of the year edition with existing saves and can you continue or do you need to start over?

    submitted by /u/legatus17
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who loves the look of the FO4/76 Assault Rifle?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Alright, I do have a bias for large and powerful weapons. But seriously, I just really like the design of the assault rifle and the fact that it was made to look good with power armor. I do agree that calling it an "assault rifle" is bit of a stretch, the design reminds me way more of a full blown machine gun. Heck, I think it's based on the Lewis gun somewhat even. What do you guys think? :)

    submitted by /u/n988
    [link] [comments]

    When does Fallout 76 unlock for people who owned it previously?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    I would like to preload but it hasn't given it to me yet and am not sure when

    submitted by /u/krakakakakakakatoa
    [link] [comments]

    Was Elder Maxson a virgin? (Fallout 4)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    He's only 20, no peers in the brotherhood, fraternizing with wastelanders is looked down on. I legitimately wonder if he's ever had sex.

    Is the brotherhood lead by an incel? Please discuss.

    submitted by /u/michaelscotch7878
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite Power Armour Suit?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I love the T-51 but what's your favorite? Note: You can include suits from any fallout game, Including Creation Club

    submitted by /u/LettuceLadTheMighty
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 question

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    Can someone tell me how can I get this dialogue with a companion https://youtu.be/suvqKDFTdn0? I've tried killing random people and settlers, but my companions always end up hating me and attacking me or running away. I don't get any dialogue.

    submitted by /u/SpeedColaZero
    [link] [comments]

    A basic FO4 appreciation post

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    So, after years of waiting I finally got a PS4 and managed to purchase FO4 GOTY.

    I completed both FO3 and NV and found them both to be my favorite games aside from the Witcher.

    Just wanted to say, even with being somewhat different from the previous games, I'm in love with this one. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned enough, but the Power Armor stuff really makes you feel the Power part.

    I'm mostly up for scavenging, to the point where I'm level 50 and just going to hunt my first Courser. This game fills in the gaps I had since playing fallout 3 and falling in love with the exploration in it.

    I'm also very deeply sadden about FO76 and everything Bethesda has done to the franchise. They're clearly totally about the money, and hopefully Wastelanders means a turn, even if a slight one, in a better direction.

    submitted by /u/nealcobu
    [link] [comments]

    Why I think revealing power armor early in FO4 was a good move and I’d like to see it done again next time

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    I've seen a number of posts saying that Fo4 messed up by giving people power armor too soon. And I don't know if I agree with that statement.

    I decided to start a fresh New Vegas play-through for the first time in 9 years. I'm trying to play through as organically as possible: when a main quest takes me to a new place, I talk to everyone and exhaust all quests there before moving on.

    I'm around 50 hours in so far. I've been to the Strip and started most of the quests there. Benny is gone and I'm working to meet all the other groups for Yes Man. I just got to the Brotherhood of Steel Bunker with Veronica in tow. I'm level 30 and specialized in guns to the point that I fairly easily killed all the Deathclaws at the quarry (no drugs, no magazines, Gobi rifle, snipe celly boys). The ability to wear power armor means very little to me at this point. But it would have been HUGE a dozen levels ago, when I had the opportunity to tweak my perks to fit or when the armor bonuses would have helped with challenging fights. Instead, I felt pushed to do sniping because I had so little armor and health for so long.

    My point is, it took so damn long for the power armor to fall into my play-through path that it no longer feels special. They had something that should have been very cool and locked it away for too long. Early access could have allowed me to do a melee build at early levels when health/armor normally wouldn't permit. The only way I could have got it earlier was if I didn't play organically and went straight to it, ignoring the natural flow of the game.

    Therefore, I say granting access to PA so early in FO4 was a good move because it enabled a sense of power and build planning from the start, rather than turning PA into a "damn, I wish I had that earlier" mechanic.

    submitted by /u/HecklerusPrime
    [link] [comments]

    I have questions about Fallout New Vegas

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    I start to play it two days ago and I feel like I am lost.

    I was good with Powder Gangsters, I did lot of quest for 'em but somehow they say to me they are not with me anymore.

    NCR hates me because I worked with Powders

    I hate Legion myself so I killed a lot of 'em

    There is literally no one likes me. I will restart everything but I think my main problem was not choosing a good side or characteristics when I started the game.

    What are the factions in game, how can I support 'em and how can I choose a path in game?

    submitted by /u/608th
    [link] [comments]

    **SPOILERS** How far have you managed to skip in the Fallout 4 main questline(s) WITH the use of glitches that are available on all platforms? **SPOILERS**

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Hello all, first time reddit user here to ask how far people have managed to get in the main questline(s) with the use of glitches available on all platforms?

    I have managed to go from Concord all the way to Fort Hagen and interact with Kellog (I won't say kill from level 1, because I had started a save on PS4 to get as many trophies on PS4 then wanted to build a decontamination arch (Removes all rads which makes Radaway a non necessity) which in my opinion with a bed (One hour of sleep heals the player to 100% and heals limbs) are the most important settlement objects to have as early as possible and I needed fibre optics to build the arch (because for whatever wacky reason it doesn't require science) to build and the easiest way to obtain many fibre optics were the crashed airline flights one of which is in the glowing sea, but I had reached Fort Hagen in my travels and was in power armour so I got curious as to whether I could break into the basement of Fort Hagen. So here is my steps to reproduce:

    1. Start game, make character as you see fit.
    2. Get out of vault.
    3. *OPTIONAL* Head to Red Rocket Truck Stop and head into the Mole Rat Den to fetch Fusion Core.
    4. Head into Concord.
    5. *RECOMMENDED* Head into Museum of Freedom and fetch Fusion Core.
    6. Head onto the top of the Museum of Freedom and fetch the Power Armour (However any Power armour will do but due to the game showing off the "new" functionality of power armour as early as possible, we'll take the concord power armour)
    7. Head onwards to Fort Hagen.
    8. Get onto the roof.
    9. Use the power armour glitch to clip through the powered door you would come out of after offing Kellogg.
    10. *OPTIONAL* Use the terminal to open the powered door for ease of leaving after ;)
    11. Power armour glitch into the elavator, despite the rest of the elavators in the building having their power cut or blocked off. This one is still available for use, this is likely because Bethesda put the terminal on the inside of the powered door hence is "inaccessible" by normal means.
    12. There will be 3/4 Synths on the outside of the powered door leading to the elavator downstairs *DO NOT ENGAGE THEM AND ALERT THEM TO YOUR POSITION, DOING SO WILL MAKE THE GLITCH OUT OF THE POWERED DOOR IMPOSSIBLE* Also note the quest "Reveille" will start at this point, which usually happens after you kill Kellogg and you go through that hallway. I have yet to check what happens if you play around with this.
    13. Get as close to the wall next to the powered door and glitch through it.
    14. Kill the Synths now.
    15. Glitch through to the Room you fight Kellogg in. Note he has not spawned yet.
    16. Glitch through to the Hallway you'd go through Kellogg fight.
    17. Glitch through to the Room Kellogg says about him calling off his synths so you can talk. He will now open the powered doors and spawn to talk to you.

    NOTE: There is a blocked off door in the main building that you can glitch through to get to the basement that can replace 8-13 I believe.

    You can now kill Kellogg at level 1/2 and the main storyline will be a bit screwy. The changes I noticed were that Diamond City is closed to you and will not open because Piper goes to see Nick (Although the main door opens when you glitch through) after you've killed Kellogg and Nick is still in the vault. I'm yet to play around with other parts of the storyline like what happens if I just head back and start Reveille. Can you complete Fallout 4 without heading to Diamond City????

    submitted by /u/omgbeard
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 question

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    I was recently replaying fallout 4 and was doing the railroad playthrough but I got stuck on underground undercover. I have already completed mass fusion but I am confused on how long it takes for Z1-47 to contact you.

    submitted by /u/Coolman4277
    [link] [comments]

    A reminder on wastelanders

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Just a reminder to all of you guys, with just over a day to wastelanders release. When it releases there will be bugs, there will be server disconnects and there will be other imperfections. Hopefully we can look past these for just a day at most and enjoy what 76 could and should be. Thank you for reading, and happing wasteland wanderings!

    submitted by /u/crummy_spingus
    [link] [comments]

    FO3 sniper scope inaccurate?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    Ive heard that in FO3 the sniper scope doesnt line up with the actual shot. From my own testing it seems that the snipers crosshairs is slightly above the actual shot. Anyone has mastered using the sniper rifle in FO3? Or has found the sweet spot for the FO3 sniper scope?

    submitted by /u/TygoFTW
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] What other possible areas would you like to see as a Nuclear Winter Map?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    I was thinking Watoga with some overlap of Fort Defiance and surrounding Camps/Fissures.

    Or the Mega Red Rocket Truck Stop

    Some areas in the Savage Divide look narly

    What your thoughts

    submitted by /u/LDN_C_Insomniac
    [link] [comments]

    Between "Exeptional" and "Superior" in fallout 4 wrapon modding, what is better?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    I made this because as I was modding my handmade ar, I was stumped between the difference of the lightweight stock and the marksman stock. What's thw higher of the two and if possible, the order if superiority in the fallout 4 weapon modding system.

    submitted by /u/toaXty1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment