• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 3, 2020

    Fallout Lore | Why is the Riot Gear the iconic clothing of Courier Six?

    Fallout Lore | Why is the Riot Gear the iconic clothing of Courier Six?


    Why is the Riot Gear the iconic clothing of Courier Six?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:03 AM PST

    The Courier's most iconic look with the Riot Gear is the most famous one depicted in fanarts. I just learned that an item called the Courier duster is given to the PC at the last quest of Lonesome Road DLC. Shouldn't THAT be the most depicted look as I've read in the wiki that there's an ending slide where the Courier wears that duster.

    And the first time I saw NPCs wear the Riot Gear are from Kimball's personal guards, implying it's only worn by those of NCR's elite. Does the Courier really did wore one canonically? Where did it came from, if he/she did? As I suspect you can't just find one on the sellers typically found in the Mojave.

    submitted by /u/Askhai
    [link] [comments]

    An explanation for the accents across Fallout?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:17 AM PST

    Something that's always kinda stumped me about Fallout is that there's characters with different accents all across America and nobody explains why. Cait is a prime example. We essentially hear everything about her life story but we never hear "and that's when I moved here from Ireland", even though she's very clearly Irish and we're in Boston. I haven't played Fallout 3 in a while, but I'm fairly certain James also has an accent, British I believe? Yeah, I get the American accents existing, it's reasonable that Southern accents or Bostonian accents still exist in their regions and could move to wherever the player finds themselves, but what? Did Cait and James walk all the way from the UK to America? Two others I can think of are the owners of the Dugout Inn in Diamond City, Vadim and Yefim, they're clearly from the Middle East but I have no clue how they'd travel from there to Boston 210 years after a nuclear war. That's closer to China, the opposite side of the world, than America. Also, does the fact that they exist suggest that their home regions are just as bad if not in a worse state then America? The second most important location to American in the Fallout Lore is China and we don't know how they're doing, we don't even know how all of America is handling the apocalypse other than one off references to " Ronto" or Chicago supposedly being overrun by wild dogs the Legion trains up. I get that these could've been included for diversities sake, hearing the same accents or the same pattern of speaking all the time could get boring and giving characters an Accent helps them stand out, but is there something even close to a canon lore explaination? If not, do any of you have any head canons as to why these people exist so far from the areas they'd need to be from in order to acquire their accents?

    Edit: Now that people have been saying the Bobrovs are Slavic/Russian and not Middle Eastern, I definitely hear it, I don't know why I thought they were middle eastern when I first heard them 😂 Went to Diamond City and yeah, I gotta agree, they're Russian. Also, thanks for the upvotes!

    submitted by /u/InnsmouthShoreman
    [link] [comments]

    Were there any normal cows post war?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 06:41 PM PST

    What is the Legion’s disposition toward ghouls and super mutants?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:20 AM PST

    How accelerated could Harold's growth be?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:39 PM PST

    I just recently finished a playthrough of Fallout 3, and I'll be starting 4 soon. I justify using green mods in 4, but not in 3, with my character's actions in the Oasis quest. But personal headcanon aside, how long would it take Harold's influence to reach the Commonwealth if the player chooses to accelerate his growth? The time between 3 and 4 is 10 years; how far could he go in that span of time?

    submitted by /u/sneakarcheress
    [link] [comments]

    Is father actually Shaun?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 02:13 PM PST

    !! S P O I L E R S !! . . .

    I really can't wrap my head around this. If I'm not mistaken, there are several times where Kellogg talks about the "old man" a couple of times in his memories. The moments that he hints to this old man are those that shaun is still a baby or a kid un his memories but he talks about father or an old man..

    Someone please explain this crap to me :D

    submitted by /u/shayanvahab1380
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment