• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 20, 2020

    Fallout | Nuka World kills the RPG element of Fallout 4

    Fallout | Nuka World kills the RPG element of Fallout 4


    Nuka World kills the RPG element of Fallout 4

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:50 AM PST

    Fallout is of course an RPG game, that has stolen our hearts since 1997. In every Fallout you're graced with the opportunity of choice, decision making that can effect the entire story of your game. Now it is debatable that Fallout 4 was a little lacking when it came to good dialogue options, when playing the evil guy sometimes the only dialogue options you had were Mr. Sarcastic or Mr. Nice. Despite that you still had the power of choice, BoS or Institute, and within those choices you could make good or evil choices in those factions that played out throughout the story. However, when I first played Nuka World I struggled to enjoy the DLC for one main reason, and that was simply down to choice. This is what I mean... you're a good guy, you've helped establish settlements across the Commonwealth, you've rescued kidnap family members, cleared out dangerous areas and returned treasures to people in need. You're kind to everyone and the Commonwealth adores you, then you decide to purchase Nuka World for $29.95. Having spent your money you hop into the DLC and find the beginning amazing, passing the maze of traps and finally making it to Nuka World, eager to start the main quest line you then find out that it's a two way street. Although you're a good guy in order to continue with the main story line of the DLC you pretty much have to be the evil guy, do evil stuff with a bunch of evil people and the Commonwealth pretty much hates you, even though throughout the entire game you were the nice guy. If you don't want to do that you have the choice of killing all the raiders and then what? Yes you get to explore Nuka World and still clear the zones, but the DLC just feels empty, it's not what it was really meant to be. I felt as though the DLC was made around the whole premise of being evil, with no consideration of that RPG element. Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore Fallout 4, but throughout my entire time playing Nuka World I just couldn't get myself to enjoy it what so ever.

    submitted by /u/wee_g
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 remade in Dreams

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 01:08 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/IisMOLOjn1c

    Have you guys seen this? I didn't realise this dreams thing was going to be able to do this. Maybe it'll have less bugs too!

    submitted by /u/MazeMagic
    [link] [comments]

    I find Frank Horrigan absolutely terrifying

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 12:38 AM PST

    His base S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats are all at 10 and he ripped a deathclaw apart with his bare hands. I know he's supposed to be scary but oh god. Who else in Fallout is that powerful (apart from The Chosen One)

    submitted by /u/MZGrav1ty
    [link] [comments]

    Far Harbor drinking game idea: Drink every time Old Longfellow suggests getting a drink

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:23 AM PST

    Might need to keep a bucket handy... and some Addictol...

    submitted by /u/Obanon
    [link] [comments]

    Best side to pick?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 01:34 AM PST

    Which side would be best to pick as a first playthrough for fallout 4?

    submitted by /u/Llamahead66
    [link] [comments]

    I just started far harbor DLC. I have 2 questions. Is it similar to point lookout, and can I return without finishing the main story here?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 04:00 PM PST

    TIL Combat Zone was a real strip club in Boston.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:41 AM PST

    Combat Zone Wiki Born and raised in Massachusetts, and I've never heard it mentioned before. Overheard some boomers in a deep conversation about old strip clubs and had to google it. I wonder if there was a real stripper name Cait....

    submitted by /u/Rzarectah508
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite Nuka-Cola type?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:22 AM PST

    I'm a Nuka-Cola quantum guy myself.

    submitted by /u/RealTop_G
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Fallout 2 considered to be so great?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 07:26 PM PST

    I'm currently playing Fallout 1 and I love it. Started with 4 and worked my way back to NV and 3 and loved it. After playing 1 I've fallen in love with the classic games and understand why they're loved so much. But my question is this, why is Fallout 2 considered to he so good? I know Fallout 1 and 2 are very similar in a lot of ways so what in particular made Fallout 2 so fantastic?

    submitted by /u/Blue_Debut
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 chiskabab

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 01:41 AM PST

    Where can i find parts for it?i only have pilot light.

    submitted by /u/dumdam67
    [link] [comments]

    When you first meet Preston Garvey he talks about helping the people of the Commonwealth but leaves you the protagonist who just came out of a vault after 200 years Let's you walk on your own into the Commonwealth without any knowledge what's the deal with that??

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:29 PM PST

    I think Paladin Danse is broken

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 01:18 AM PST

    I had paladin danse as a partner for a good while then I switched back to Nick Valentine, went the railroad route and just got ballistic weave, went back to the prydwen to sell a few things and get a few caps and figured since I'm there I might as well get the stuff I had danse hold onto, when I talked to him he turned around and was actually wearing a raider power armor helmet and when I took the helmet from him he wasn't wearing his original head cap underneath and I gotta say, danse with a beard and full head of hair is a weird look for me

    TL/DR: paladin danse actually wore power armor helmet, has full head of hair and beard underneath

    submitted by /u/Llamahead66
    [link] [comments]

    Harold/Herbert/Bob has the greatest story in the whole series

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:00 AM PST

    Harold lived in The Hub and probably saw the birth of the cap currency. Was bestfriends with the person who would become the master of the supermutants. Became a one of a kind mutant/ghoul (idk what he is). He became the mayor of a ghoul town. When this got boring he wanders east.

    Then my own fan fiction kicks in... He's around when Mr. House wakes up and starts New Vegas. He has to go through territory of Caesar's Legion as he travels east. He starts to lose his mind (maybe) as the plant growing on his head starts to talk to him as it grows more and more. He continues to be a wandering vagabond across post apocalyptic America. Running into all kinds of Creatures, People, and Locations. Learning more about the wasteland then any other person.

    As he almost reaches the east coast the weight of his tree friend growing all around his body at this point becomes too much to bear. Hes unable to move and it starts to grow roots and growing a forest around him. Soon people find this forrest and start to worship him as some kind of god. But he grows tierd of this and his own exsistance and wishes for his own death.

    the ending of fallot 3 is hard for me. Does he get his wish and dies peacefully end of story or does it continue and something happens after idk but Harold\Herbert\Bob is my favortie character from the fallout series

    submitted by /u/Not_Coblowski
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout NV Script Troubles

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 11:14 PM PST

    I've recently ported a script from Fallout 3 and have gotten it ported to New Vegas, but it's not currently not working. The script itself limits the amount of ammo a player can carry and I have made sure I saved it as a quest script, but it doesn't drop the ammo when over the limit. Anything I'm missing? I did also start a new game to be sure it was working. Some figures may be off cause I'm still implementing other ammo types. I mainly stopped here to test if it works which I haven't had any luck. Below is the script

    ScriptName AmmoLimitScript

    Begin Gamemode

    If player.GetItemCount Ammo10mm > 30 && player.getItemCount Ammo10mm <= 330 Player.Drop Ammo10mm 10 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo10mm > 330 && player.GetItemCount Ammo10mm <= 430 Player.Drop Ammo10mm 50 ElseIf Player.getItemCount Ammo10mm > 430 Player.Drop Ammo10mm 75 EndIf If player.GetItemCount Ammo10mmHollowPoint > 20 && player.getItemCount Ammo10mmHollowPoint <= 330 Player.Drop Ammo10mmHollowPoint 10 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo10mmHollowPoint > 330 && player.GetItemCount Ammo10mmHollowPoint <= 430 Player.Drop Ammo10mmHollowPoint 50 ElseIf Player.getItemCount Ammo10mmHollowPoint > 430 Player.Drop Ammo10mmHollowPoint 75 EndIf If player.GetItemCount Ammo308 > 15 && player.GetItemCount Ammo308 <= 100 Player.Drop Ammo308 3 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo308 > 100 && player.GetItemCount Ammo308 <= 200 Player.Drop Ammo308 25 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo308 > 200 Player.Drop Ammo308 50 EndIf If player.GetItemCount Ammo127mm > 30 && player.getItemCount Ammo127mm <= 330 Player.Drop Ammo127mm 10 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo127mm > 330 && player.GetItemCount Ammo127mm <= 430 Player.Drop Ammo127mm 50 ElseIf Player.getItemCount Ammo127mm > 430 Player.Drop Ammo127mm 75 EndIf If player.GetItemCount Ammo44magnum > 20 && player.GetItemCount Ammo44magnum <= 110 Player.Drop Ammo44magnum 10 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo44magnum > 110 && player.GetItemCount Ammo44magnum <= 210 Player.Drop Ammo44magnum 25 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo44magnum > 210 Player.Drop Ammo44magnum 50 EndIf If player.GetItemCount Ammo556mm > 90 && player.GetItemCount Ammo556mm <= 290 Player.Drop Ammo556mm 10 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo556mm > 290 && player.GetItemCount Ammo556mm <= 390 Player.Drop Ammo556mm 25 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo556mm > 390 Player.Drop Ammo556mm 50 EndIf If player.GetItemCount Ammo9mm > 30 && player.getItemCount Ammo10mm <= 330 Player.Drop Ammo9mm 10 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo10mm > 330 && player.GetItemCount Ammo10mm <= 430 Player.Drop Ammo10mm 50 ElseIf Player.getItemCount Ammo10mm > 430 Player.Drop Ammo10mm 75 EndIf If player.GetItemCount Ammo357Magnum > 20 && player.getItemCount Ammo357Magnum <= 330 Player.Drop Ammo357Magnum 10 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo357Magnum > 330 && player.GetItemCount Ammo357Magnum <= 430 Player.Drop Ammo357Magnum 50 ElseIf Player.getItemCount Ammo357Magnum > 430 Player.Drop Ammo357Magnum 75 EndIf If player.GetItemCount AmmoFatMans > 2 Player.Drop AmmoFatMans 1 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount AmmoFlamerFuel > 255 && player.GetItemCount AmmoFlamerFuel <= 650 Player.Drop AmmoFlamerFuel 45 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoFlamerFuel > 650 && player.GetItemCount AmmoFlamerFuel <= 750 Player.Drop AmmoFlamerFuel 50 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoFlamerFuel > 750 Player.Drop AmmoFlamerFuel 75 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount Ammo5mm > 240 && player.GetItemCount Ammo5mm <= 2450 Player.Drop Ammo5mm 40 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo5mm > 2450 && Player.GetItemCount Ammo5mm <= 2550 Player.Drop Ammo5mm 80 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo5mm > 2550 Player.Drop Ammo5mm 160 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount AmmoSmallEnergyCell > 450 Player.Drop AmmoSmallEnergyCell 50 ElseIf player.GetItemCount AmmoSmallEnergyCell > 350 Player.Drop AmmoSmallEnergyCell 25 ElseIf player.GetItemCount AmmoSmallEnergyCell > 100 Player.Drop AmmoSmallEnergyCell 10 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount Ammo20Ga > 12 Player.Drop Ammo20Ga 4 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo20Ga > 30 Player.Drop Ammo20Ga 20 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount Ammo20Ga > 15 Player.Drop Ammo20Ga 5 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount AmmoMissile > 160 Player.Drop AmmoMissile 50 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoMissile > 110 Player.Drop AmmoMissile 25 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoMissile > 10 Player.Drop AmmoMissile 10 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount AmmoAlienPowerCell > 250 Player.Drop AmmoAlienPowerCell 50 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoAlienPowerCell > 200 Player.Drop AmmoAlienPowerCell 25 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoAlienPowerCell > 125 Player.Drop AmmoAlienPowerCell 5 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoAlienPowerCell > 10 Player.Drop AmmoAlienPowerCell 1 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount AmmoBB > 1000 Player.Drop AmmoBB 1 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount AmmoElectronChargePack > 2550 Player.Drop AmmoElectronChargePack 50 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoElectronChargePack > 2500 Player.Drop AmmoElectronChargePack 25 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount AmmoElectronChargePack > 510 Player.Drop AmmoElectronChargePack 10 EndIf If Player.GetItemCount AmmoMicroFusionCell > 450 Player.Drop AmmoMicroFusionCell 50 ElseIf player.GetItemCount AmmoMicroFusionCell > 350 Player.Drop AmmoMicroFusionCell 25 ElseIf player.GetItemCount AmmoMicroFusionCell > 150 Player.Drop AmmoMicroFusionCell 10 EndIf If player.GetItemCount WeapMineFrag > 4 && player.getItemCount WeapMineFrag <= 10 Player.Drop WeapMineFrag 1 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount WeapMineFrag > 10 && player.GetItemCount WeapMineFrag <= 20 Player.Drop WeapMineFrag 2 ElseIf Player.getItemCount WeapMineFrag > 30 Player.Drop WeapMineFrag 4 EndIf If player.GetItemCount WeapMinePlasma > 2 && player.getItemCount WeapMinePlasma <= 10 Player.Drop WeapMinePlasma 1 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount WeapMinePlasma > 10 && player.GetItemCount WeapMinePlasma <= 20 Player.Drop WeapMinePlasma 2 ElseIf Player.getItemCount WeapMinePlasma > 30 Player.Drop WeapMinePlasma 4 EndIf If player.GetItemCount WeapMinePulse > 2 && player.getItemCount WeapMinePulse <= 10 Player.Drop WeapMinePulse 1 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount WeapMinePulse > 10 && player.GetItemCount WeapMinePulse <= 20 Player.Drop WeapMinePulse 2 ElseIf Player.getItemCount WeapMinePulse > 30 Player.Drop WeapMinePulse 4 EndIf If player.GetItemCount WeapMineBottlecap > 2 && player.getItemCount WeapMineBottlecap <= 10 Player.Drop WeapMineBottlecap 1 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount WeapMineBottlecap > 10 && player.GetItemCount WeapMineBottlecap <= 20 Player.Drop WeapMineBottlecap 2 ElseIf Player.getItemCount WeapMineBottlecap > 30 Player.Drop WeapMineBottlecap 4 EndIf If player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadeFrag > 3 && player.getItemCount WeapGrenadeFrag <= 10 Player.Drop WeapGrenadeFrag 1 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadeFrag > 10 && player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadeFrag <= 20 Player.Drop WeapGrenadeFrag 2 ElseIf Player.getItemCount WeapGrenadeFrag > 30 Player.Drop WeapGrenadeFrag 4 EndIf If player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadePulse > 2 && player.getItemCount WeapGrenadePulse <= 10 Player.Drop WeapGrenadePulse 1 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadePulse > 10 && player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadePulse <= 20 Player.Drop WeapGrenadePulse 2 ElseIf Player.getItemCount WeapGrenadePulse > 30 Player.Drop WeapGrenadePulse 4 EndIf If player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadePlasma > 2 && player.getItemCount WeapGrenadePlasma <= 10 Player.Drop WeapGrenadePlasma 1 ElseIf Player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadePlasma > 10 && player.GetItemCount WeapGrenadePlasma <= 20 Player.Drop WeapGrenadePlasma 2 ElseIf Player.getItemCount WeapGrenadePlasma > 30 Player.Drop WeapGrenadePlasma 4 EndIf 

    End

    submitted by /u/JohnMcCullen
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods on Ps4 that increase the amount of settlers you can have?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:44 AM PST

    Someone played the Siren Head fallout 4 mod in virtual reality

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:43 AM PST

    What is the correct order to play the New Vegas DLCs in?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 11:00 AM PST

    Also when should I play them during my playthrough?

    submitted by /u/kxninjaz2
    [link] [comments]

    How would you feel about being the opportunity of becoming a super mutant in the next Fallout game??

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:23 PM PST

    Is 5000 caps a good price for a Decontamination shower?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:07 AM PST

    I'm on fallout 76 and my friend offered to build me a Decontamination shower for 5000 caps is it a good deal or am I getting ripped off?

    submitted by /u/PlasmaticGrain
    [link] [comments]

    Just found these beauties hidden in my personal vault

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:42 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/UfZdt0H

    So a long time ago I bought these at release and stored them away. I just found them.

    Anyone looking for a Pip-Boy to survive the upcoming Coronavirus Apocalypse?

    Edit; Yes, I am selling these Fallout 4 Pip Boy editions

    submitted by /u/Johnnybeachboy
    [link] [comments]

    Need help figuring the 0kb glitch error

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:49 PM PST

    I've heard and it seems to be true, that some mods on PS4 especially andrewcx mods appear to have a problem with creation club items, especially skins. Can someone help me and tell me which mods should not be conjoined with creation club, because there are a ton of mods I use but I can't find out which one is the one with the error, I have to redownload everything for the glitch to stop everytime. I am on PS4 btw if that wasn't clear

    submitted by /u/matthew13_sba
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with a Vault like scenario for a TTRPG

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:47 PM PST

    I'd love some ideas of experiments Vault-Tec could have done (preferably ones not already explored or mentioned in any official Fallout material). The setting is post apocalyptic. I would also love some tile set recommendations to set the mood for my players.

    submitted by /u/Knight-Creep
    [link] [comments]

    Play fallout one on iphone?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:48 PM PST

    I've heard of people doing it and was just wondering if it was possible on iPhone and if so, if someone can tell me how.

    submitted by /u/geomitri
    [link] [comments]

    In all honesty, has anyone ever done anything dumb in Fallout and regret it?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:22 AM PST

    That stupid "accidentally" posts, did made me want to ask you guys this.

    My story is I was trying to save the kids from Paradise Falls in Fallout 3, but I didn't want to fight my way in (I tried) So I did an undercover thing.

    So I got the slavers to like me, and I don't remember if it was part of the quest for them or not, but I had to get some NPCs and bring them to them with the hypnosis gun. I did it. Once I got in, I made plans with the kids to get them out and once I did, I tried to get my NPCs that I captured out too, one of them was that blond chick from Tenpenny tower and I had the option to get her collar off. It did not give me any option that I didn't have enough explosive skill or anything in that sense. So I tried to get it off, I thought I succeeded and she's like "I feel funny." And BOOOOOM!

    I was in shock. I was like " I am SOOOO sorry" to the screen. I actually felt bad.

    submitted by /u/Black_rose1809
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment