• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 6, 2021

    Fallout | The Fallout 1 cover is incredibly atmospheric.

    Fallout | The Fallout 1 cover is incredibly atmospheric.


    The Fallout 1 cover is incredibly atmospheric.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:46 AM PST

    Just imagine what it would be like to play in a world that looks like the background of a Fallout 1 cover.

    https://i.imgur.com/cVCzR0P.jpg

    submitted by /u/BriefAntique6916
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly is a stealth boy

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:30 AM PST

    I first started playing fallout in 2009 with fallout 3, and I've played new Vegas extensively and a bit of fallout 4, I tried the originals but I've never been a big fan of isometric turn based games, and I've always wondered what a stealth boy actually is, is it like a drug or is it a computer or what? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've always felt like some kinda computer device made sense but I've never been sure, anyone here know?

    submitted by /u/Wutsalane
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Survey Results! There's some neat little insights despite the small sample.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:02 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/YW1k9NE

    The results are in from the Fallout survey I took a few days ago. I got a fair number of responses but unfortunately SurveyMonkey only let me see data from 40.

    Not exactly a robust sample size for this kind of thing, but here we go!

    • 1 through 3 were just some basic data about the games people have played. I was surprised that Fallout 3 seems to see a lot fewer replays than the other modern games. Extensive play was defined as 3 or more playthroughs or over 150 hours.
    • 4 and 5 went exactly as I expected. Most people love 4, but New Vegas is often spoken about as "peak Fallout". Shoutout to the one brave BoS stan and/or troll.
    • 6 and 7 were optional. Respondents were asked to type in a favorite character and quest, but I was surprised that Fallout 4 had more favorite quests than New Vegas.
    • 8 switched it up and is more about player preferences in general. The terms used come from a mid 2000's research paper from Northwestern University, which was discussed briefly in this Extra Credits video. It's close to what I expected with high ratings for Discovery, Fantasy, and Narrative (things Fallout nearly always delivers on), and low ratings for Competition and Fellowship.
    • 9 threw me for a loop. When asked to order traits of a Fallout game from most to least "defining" for a Fallout game, players actually agreed more or less that the setting and main story were very defining but the main factions (BoS, Fallowers, Vault-Tec etc) were NOT defining...
    • 10 disappointing but not surprising. Gamers as a whole aren't exactly the wokest crowd. It makes sense though that Philosophies scored so highly, since the "Best" Fallout game (New Vegas) takes a lot of effort to make all the factions united in their respective ideals rather than just certain combat styles or clothing.

    If you're itching for data from a larger sample, keep on eye on this guy's questionnaire!

    submitted by /u/brumagem
    [link] [comments]

    Aren't Brahmins Amazing?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 10:43 AM PST

    I can't think of another animal which provides the same level of versatility as the common Brahmin. It's truly amazing how extensively these creatures have been utilised by humans in the post-apocalyptic world. And for good reason: they are an excellent source of meat, milk, and leather, they are fantastic for the transportation of bulk goods over large distances, facilitating trade and cultural exchange between towns, and the fertilizer they produce engenders large scale agricultural development. It is unsurprising that they are the cornerstone of so many post-apocalyptic economies.

    Their design is fantastic too. Something about is so raw, so grotesque, and yet so mesmerising. It reflects the same qualities of the wasteland.

    That's it. I don't know why I wrote this, but there you go, Brahmins.

    submitted by /u/MontagGuy12
    [link] [comments]

    In F4, the Brotherhood of Steel and the Railroad are best factions.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:44 AM PST

    Because. You. Not. Become. Head.

    Preston makes you boss, because he isn't sure of himself. SS becomes head of the Institute simply because plot wanted it so. The Raiders have a good quest becoming faction head, but faction is terribly worked out.

    I don't even remember in which games player is not made head of selected faction. This is something new, very correct and vital.

    submitted by /u/Secret_Nectarine_291
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas on the Xbox One is a heavenly dream.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:47 PM PST

    Playing new Vegas and all its dlc on last gen consoles is so amazing. I remember when I was 12 playing the ultimate edition and waiting 5+ minutes to get through a load screen.

    submitted by /u/Rk4136
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Next Gen

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:52 PM PST

    So I would just like to say that the FPS and graphics for fallout 76 (and 4) are significantly higher than previous gen. I would recommend buying a next gen console. (BTW I only started playing Fallout at x-mas time)

    submitted by /u/RC-7770
    [link] [comments]

    Combat armor chest piece

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:28 AM PST

    I have no idea if this is a mod or in-game content i've never been aware of but like there's a swastika on it? Idk if there's a nazi party in fallout I'm just confused.

    submitted by /u/elriotgrrrl
    [link] [comments]

    Can I have multiple characters in Fallout 4? (PS4)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:42 PM PST

    Haven't played in over a year and want to create a new character but really don't want to lose my old one in case I want to go back

    submitted by /u/osowavy
    [link] [comments]

    T-65 power armor port (Request)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:11 PM PST

    Will someone please port T-65 to xbox. We all deserve to look like tanks if we want to.

    submitted by /u/SadDadBad
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4: which base-game Vendor has the largest number of caps?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:35 AM PST

    I do have all the DLC, but I basically just started a character and to help build up Sanctuary without cheating, I'm doing the classic "produce enough clean water to turn the Sahara into an ocean" method of making caps, which works great for purchasing large amounts of junk (like shipments), but my problem is... Myrna only had like 240 caps, so when I'm done buying shipments and such from her, what merchant can I find to actually make legitimate caps off of?

    I'm pretty sure I remember the institute being pretty rich last time I played, but I only just discovered diamond city, so I'm PRETTY far out from the Institute at this point.

    submitted by /u/PonkingtonHeights
    [link] [comments]

    I saw this article on Google from a couple days ago and from what I've experienced myself so far along with hearing about the community it's very wrong

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:33 AM PST

    I think I screwed up the Tenpenny Tower quest in Fallout 3... any help?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:24 PM PST

    Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask for help with quests but I am stuck on one and not sure if I can unscrew it up.

    I have been trying to help Roy and the ghouls get into the hotel by convincing the Tenpenny residents to either let them in or for them to leave if they don't like it. I talked to the NPC's the quests wiki page says I need to, which is Edgar and Millicent Wellington, Anthony Ling, Lydia Monte♥♥♥♥♥ and Susan Lancaster. However, it says that I need to go to Mr. Tenpenny after all of this. Problem is, I already killed him for that Crowley quest and don't have a close previous save to go back. Is there any way to progress without killing Roy or Roy killing all of the Tenpenny residents?

    submitted by /u/UCFTylerMC
    [link] [comments]

    Any Mod Any Weapon [FALLOUT 4]

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:26 PM PST

    anyone remember the "Any Mod Any Weapon" glitch from fallout 4? well I have tried everything, and cannot get the beam splitter from the lazer rifle on the combat shotgun. is this possible? I am trying everything I can think of, but cannot do. Can anyone please help me with attaching a beam splitter from the lazer rifle onto a combat shotgun.

    PS: I already know the "Any Mod Any Weapon" glitch.

    submitted by /u/Emkay_Has_Corona
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 - Lone Wanderer is probably the worst perk for a beginner

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:27 PM PST

    Of course, it's not a bad perk at all, it's probably one of the best, if you like that kind of playstyle. I wouldn't advise on using it in your first playthrough though, or at least not in the early and mid-game.

    Why?

    Earlier games, FO3 and NV, had a karma system / reputation system. FO4 doesn't have that. The karma system is kind of integrated into the follower system. One way of defining your character is the use of a specific follower (their likes/dislikes have to allign with your own).

    Also, FO4 followers have many unique comments to many quests / locations / dialogue choices, their comments in combat can sometimes be really entertaining (deacon's screaming) and by choosing the perk, you basically decide to experience less of the game for a stat boost (25% dmg, 30% less dmg taken and a few minor ones).

    Some examples:

    Getting drunk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTx5MbVlUY0&ab_channel=FluffyNinjaLlama

    Using drugs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd7L0CqNYhc&ab_channel=FluffyNinjaLlama

    Jumping from buildings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEXaj-4pZb8&ab_channel=FluffyNinjaLlama

    FNL has many videos of such interractions, but I feel a lot of it goes unnoticed, because of the LW perk, that youtubers and others often recommend as a go-to perk.

    submitted by /u/auralight93
    [link] [comments]

    Second Lieutenant Nate of the US Army

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:48 PM PST

    If you like the male SS and wondered how his career in the US Army was like before the bombs dropped, and his new career following the Brotherhood of Steel? This is the Fanfic for you! (I showed this here earlier this week but I thought I'd redo it with a new chapter added, and an edited summary.)

    https://archiveofourown.org/works/29255091/chapters/71838423

    submitted by /u/Dr_Archangel
    [link] [comments]

    DLCs don’t work

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:29 AM PST

    So I bought a second hand fallout 4 goty edition Xbox one cd . I downloaded the game and then i went to manage game and complements and the dlcs won't show up .

    submitted by /u/CorosiveFighter
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout big settlement ideas?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:22 AM PST

    I love settlements that take turned over ships like rivet city or hotels like tempenny tower and others. So I would like to know some wacky or cool ideas for a settlement in the fallout world. And what kind of faction would make it their home.

    submitted by /u/DoctorJaxson
    [link] [comments]

    [fo4] Permanent black screen

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:16 AM PST

    So I'm playing fallout 4 and I sit on a bench to wait for something but when I get up it's a black screen I can see the hud and can see the escape menu but the rest is black there is audio so the game isn't frozen I don't know what to do and could use some help.

    Edit:making a new game seems to work but I was so far into that last save I would preferably not have to restart

    submitted by /u/MySpl33ndied
    [link] [comments]

    I hope Bethesda doesn't attempt to decrease the time between main franchise releases.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:10 PM PST

    We don't need more rush jobs in gaming. Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, and soon to be Starfield are not Call of Duty, Assassins Creed (As good as recent games may have been, or even Cyberpunk).

    Bethesda needs to take time with their franchises. They'll sell a lot no matter what. But incomplete games (A la New Vegas and 76 as much as I like the both of them) are not what the gaming industry needs.

    submitted by /u/Sackzaur
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas best ending

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:47 AM PST

    Hey guys I'm stuck with deciding whether to go on with wild card or the house always wins. Which is the best ending because I've heard that independent vegas is good along with good reps with good factions.

    submitted by /u/pauloguian
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get fallout 3 goty on Xbox 360?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:38 PM PST

    So I have the base game on ps3 and pretty recently I was given a Xbox 360 and thought I should get the goty edition on it. Would this be a good idea?

    submitted by /u/VaUlTbOy176
    [link] [comments]

    How to play fallout 1 and 2

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:27 AM PST

    What do you guys think would happen if NCR met the institute or vice versa?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:16 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment