• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 9, 2021

    Fallout 3 | Just finished the game and thought I would like to share my thoughts

    Fallout 3 | Just finished the game and thought I would like to share my thoughts


    Just finished the game and thought I would like to share my thoughts

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:23 PM PST

    (I'm sorry about the length, I had a lot to say) Let's just get right to it: I LOVE the game. I played New Vegas for a while and after going through higg's village in old world blues, it reminded me of what I've seen of tranquility lane, so I bought Fallout 3 GOTY from GOG. The beginning feels very "fallouty", starting in a vault and all, I don't think the character losing their father was a good play, because it makes it seem like the character's story, not the player's, but it works, the visual storytelling of megaton was really cool, seeing a town built around a crashed bomber, Moira's quest was a little fun, the subway parts of the game we're some of my favorite because running around with Enclave Radio on and a combat shotgun blasting ghouls was a lot of fun, three dog was...there. Rivet city was a cool concept for a location, Vault 112 was fun and intriguing, following liberty prime was slow, I think I killed two enclave soldiers. But, after that, standard end of game stuff. I did enjoy the fact that the code to activate the purifier was the chapter and verse numbers of my mother's favorite bible passage. Broken steel continuing from the end of the main story when we were told the radiation in the activation chamber would kill us was a little strange, but oh well. Before I wrap up, I want to bring up a few small things: death claws were a joke, super mutant overlords are very bothersome (not in a difficulty standard, they just have a lot of health and the tri beam laser rifles were annoying), there should have been moral choices, not just blow up a town or not and poison the water or not and kill a tree who asked for death or not, and, finally, heads of state was my favorite quest. To wrap things up, I'm a person who finds American history very fascinating so fallout 3 was the perfect game for me, and I'm sad there will never be a sequel or game of equal quality

    submitted by /u/Bill_Cipher42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment