• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Fallout: New Vegas | God, I love the randomizer.

    Fallout: New Vegas | God, I love the randomizer.


    God, I love the randomizer.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:17 PM PST

    Boone's hands glitched out...

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:40 AM PST

    final screenshot on my first playthrough that included the dlc.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:28 PM PST

    [Randomizer] McNamara are you feeling alright?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:18 AM PST

    People really don't like The Legion...

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:12 AM PST

    Downloaded Vulpes Inculta companion mod - decided to draw it too

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:37 AM PST

    Three in one day... I didn’t even know legendary enemies were a thing!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:22 PM PST

    Reading through my old posts and honestly some of you are evil... and I love it

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:04 PM PST

    why all the drama?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:59 AM PST

    Wondered if y'all would appreciate my trophy wall

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:31 AM PST

    I just finished the last of the official Fallout New Vegas DLC Campaigns. Here's my ranking:

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:36 AM PST

    4 (Worst): Dead Money. I found it incredibly tedious and not at all like the experience I enjoy about FNV. The story was only mildly compelling to me and the difficulty was pretty extreme. I was ready for it to be over almost immediately and had a bear of a time attempting to finish it. Will probably never play it again.

    3: Lonesome Road. This one was pretty fun, and unlike Dead Money the challenge was welcome, as it was closer to the baseline FNV experience. Setting off the nukes is satisfying, as was mowing down the powerful foes. Might play again, but not any time soon.

    2: Honest Hearts. Very fun, interesting characters, terrain, and new monsters (Yao Guai). I got kind of tired of the Christianity aspect of it but that was easy to ignore. Would definitely play again to see what would have happened had I made different choices

    1 (Best): Old World Blues. Absolutely the most fun and well-written of the DLCs in my opinion, and it just happened to be perfectly suited to my character build on this play-through (emphasis on Science, Medicine, and Energy Weapons). Loved the cast of characters and sense of humor, especially the Wild Wasteland stuff with references to Venture Bros, one of my favorite shows ever. 10/10, would replay in a heartbeat

    What about y'all?

    submitted by /u/Chromatic-Phil
    [link] [comments]

    This is by far the most terrifying thing I’ve ever come across in any video game ever.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:59 PM PST

    Game freezes whenever I start a new game or load a save.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:16 AM PST

    Since today I've been having a bug where the game just freezes whenever I load a save or start a new game.

    I've basically Tried everything, reinstalled like 5 times and checked the steam cache for the same amount of times.

    I've also disabled all my mods except the ones that fix some bugs, yet It still won't work.

    submitted by /u/AgentFreshBoi
    [link] [comments]

    The One Shot Pete

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:18 AM PST

    Randomizer isn't working?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:54 AM PST

    I finished New Vegas after 50+ hours and have a couple of thoughts to share...

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:07 AM PST

    So after finishing the game, going for an Independent Vegas by the end of it, I'm both satisfied and kinda underwhelmed at the ending. I absolutely loved it, I essentially played as a Grimy Pre-War business suit-wearing smooth talker that doesn't mind shooting people in the face from time to time...I also (despite recruiting all potential companions in the vanilla version) preferred the company of Cass (who's actually in her thirties which makes her *more* attractive tbh) and Rex the cyberdoge.
    I was vilified by the Legion, considered a "sneering punk" by the NCR, Idolized by Novac & Freeside and Liked by the Followers.

    Now...in hindsight, though almost physically identical gameplay-speaking...F:NV is better story-wise but Fallout 3 was better environment-wise.

    New Vegas has:
    - Great writing. Aside from being meme-worthy, the dialogue and themes are complex. Your companions, including the non-human ones, are more than just pack brahmin that'll carry your fatman for you. They have their own identities, wants, opinions, and missions that (to me at least) reminded me of the loyalty missions from "Mass Effect 2."
    Benny's dialogue just works...Benny & The Chairmen are just great to talk to. (HeyHeyThere'sTheHighRoller)
    - Complex missions and complex karma system. If you end up pissing off a certain faction, you might end up locking out an entire questline. Play it safe and be neutral as hell, You'll find yourself being a literal nobody in the Mojave. The decisions you make are actually felt and it feels quite gratifying.
    - Better gunplay...kinda. Even though F:NV and FO3 share the same engine...I actually felt the shooting mechanics to be tighter, probably because you could actually used the iron sights of a gun AND mod it up a bit.
    - Disguises. Kinda silly if you think about it, especially if you change your outfit in the middle of the Legion/NCR and they begin shooting you on the spot.
    - More Roleplaying freedom. Unlike Fallout 3, where you play as Liam Neeson's kid looking for their dad and eventually becoming one half revenge story/one half story of a wasteland savior...The Courier begins with a blank slate. He/She was shot in the head, came back to life (probably not all there anymore) and they are out for revenge. Is your Courier a loose cannon? A paragon of truth? A passive individual who doesn't give a damn about warring factions? The freedom for a personal narrative was all yours.

    Now...don't kill me, F:NV is amazing...but it kinda lacked some things: (Yes I know, it was just made in 18 months, but still...)
    - The in-between spaces between settlements/points of interest was empty as hell, lacking any sort of random encounters (something Fallout 3 excelled at). I think, only 3 "events" happened to me: Some NCR soldiers gave me 3 days in warning or else...Some Fiends shooting at me near McCarran and a blind deathclaw in Primm Pass...otherwise, it was just a nice trudge through the wasteland with my spurs jingle jangling.
    Fallout 3 though, I had more memorable random encounters...An attack of assassins sent to kill me as I was looting a gas station, only to be saved by Uncle Leo, the supermutant...A wannabe raider with an empty shotgun...A dead Chinese soldier sending an old distress signal...SUPER MUTANT BEHEMOTHS...The Wasteland just felt more alive in that game.
    - The locations aren't that intriguing...with the exception of Vault 22, Vault 11 (Dat sacrificial chamber), ,Camp Guardian/Guardian Peak, the nuke craters in the Mojave and the path up to Jacobstown. Otherwise, it was either NCR camps, Legion camps or a cave of sorts. It wasn't bad but it was a bit of a letdown when compared to the sprawling subway of the Capital Wasteland, the unmarked locations broadcasting old distress calls containing tragic backstories AND THE FACT YOU COULD EXPLORE WASHINGTON DC ITSELF. Entering the Capitol building to kill some Super Mutants was exhilarating, using the Washington Monument as a place of rest was great, and the fact the White House was a smoking irradiated crater...It was epic in scale.
    - A rather abrupt ending where you couldn't continue exploring the Wastes while using loot you got from Legate or General Oliver, Unlike the Broken Steel DLC of FO3 where you could complete the main story and then explore or do the DLC's. There's nothing wrong with an actual ending but it kinda kills the mood when you find out that the point of no return is *the* point of no return without having to go back out there once everything is done and dusted.

    So yeah, Now I'm on the track of playing FO4 and hoping it's great too...but damn, F:NV is hella memorable.

    submitted by /u/HemingwayBells21121
    [link] [comments]

    I always thought it was just weird for Vulpes to talk to you about Caesar while there is a goddamn NCR trooper next to him listening.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 12:29 PM PST

    Just beat New Vegas (including all DLC) for the very first time. My thoughts on a remarkable game.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:31 PM PST

    I've been a fan of Obsidian for a while as a lover of KOTOR II back in the day, but the first time I tried to play New Vegas a few years ago I became a bit overwhelmed due to starting on Hardcore mode. Having completed The Outer Worlds a few weeks ago, I thought I'd give New Vegas another shot, on regular difficultly. I downloaded some mods to make the game prettier and to add in a much needed sprint button, and then pressed New Game.

    Cut to today, 3 weeks later. The Legion and the NRC are in tatters. My journey into the Divide brought nuclear warheads down on their territory and now they're battling it out over the dam. I have Yes Man at my side, who is ever so happy I destroyed his larger army of robots. He informs me with a beaming smile that the only option now for an independent Vegas is to render the dam inoperable. Well, that's not quite what I had in mind when I destroyed those Securitrons beneath Caesar's camp. I just though this world would be better without yet another army running around it. Maybe I was right, maybe not.

    Now Caesar's dead - by my own hand - and his Legate has just fallen to me in single combat (well, almost single combat... Companions don't seem to respect our decision to fight one on one). Just the NCR to deal with now. But whilst I felt no guilt in blasting the Legates head off with my energy weapon, my final confrontation with the NRC makes my eyes water a bit. I've wanted to help them, I really have. At first they seemed like the obvious choice, but their rule over the Mojave has united so many people against them. They are seeking to remake the old world - the same old world which destroyed itself in the first place - and that just doesn't seem right.

    I'm thankful that I'm able to convince the NCR captain to leave without violence. I still feel guilty for the few NCR soldiers I had to kill in the dam. As he walks away and the finale cutscene plays, I hear of an Independent New Vegas which has descended into anarchy. I feel more guilty, I question whether I made the right choice, but I think I can see a path to a better Mojave, one that's already been set in motion by citizens of Westside and other communities scattered around the desert. Even so, it's difficult to not know for certain that I made the right call. I know I'll be thinking about this for a long time to come.

    And I realise this has all come from a video game. An astounding game, even with all its quirks and jank. I've made choices that will stick with me, and which in many ways relate to the uncertain world we live in now. Those decisions were almost never simply between good or evil. Even the Legion, who are clearly just horrible, have their own twisted logic for doing what they do.

    I'm so in awe of Obsidian for this game. They gave us a world to play in but didn't give us any easy route to the end. They didn't tell us what was right or wrong, what was the 'good' ending and the 'bad' ending. They made a game where we can try to shape the world in whatever way we think is right, and then they challenge that, they show you the upsides and the downsides, and leave it up to you decide if what you did was the correct course of action. That's a game studio that trusts its audience.

    What a great game.

    So, New Vegas 2?

    submitted by /u/cannonfodderian
    [link] [comments]

    I <3 Interior Lighting Overhaul

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:04 PM PST

    So my character is so evil that Cass left me, just because I stole things

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:58 PM PST

    Stealing is the only reason my guy is considered evil. I doubt anyone at Camp Golf needed those rusty tin cans on the floors in each room.

    Stewie's AI tweaks turns off karma notifications so I had no idea I was losing so much by stealing things.

    submitted by /u/TheHeroicOnion
    [link] [comments]

    There there, Sweet Prince. Those radscorpions can't hurt you now.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:29 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment