• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 3, 2021

    Fallout 3 | Look into my eye

    Fallout 3 | Look into my eye


    Look into my eye

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 03:40 PM PST

    in what order should i do the DLCs

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 01:41 AM PST

    Fallout 3 will always be a classic of gaming no matter what anyone says.(Wall of text)

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 12:22 AM PST

    TL;DR In the wonderful world of Gaming, Fallout 3 will always be a hallmark classic helping drive and bind so many features in game on its transition to 3D.

    On the 3D transition of fallout, it almost turned out to be an immersive sim.

    Yes I know it's a Bethesda style game through and through. But if the game didn't feature any essential npc's that be about it.

    At the time the gaming world was dominated by shooters and action adventures of the like. Uncharted, Gears of War, Call of Duty golden age, Assassin's Creed, and Halo.

    Mind you gaming was really kinda young in the 7th generation of consoles. Remember having subscription to GameInformer was the shit,hard copies of video games still came with full feature manuals. Only a couple of years later we would see them slowly fade out.

    Also, quite the diverse time in gaming too. It was likely you had an Xbox 360 at the time, and a fair chance of already playing older games on certain consoles that came before it. Some of already familiar with RPGs cause many played Pokémon on a Game Boy Color or Sp. Then already mention the shooters that paved the way on console mostly, but yet liking of Deus ex and Half life 1&2 would have their impression modern games on the near future that followed it. On top of that any game by Rockstar would keep pioneering upon release after release, in which to those reguards. Half life 2 & Grand Theft Auto San Andreas came in 2004.

    Mind you, I didn't discover Bethesda games until I played Fallout 3. As just mentioned above a lot of these would showcase great story telling with in them. CRPG of the 90's and today are still great at that. Yet in 2007 when Halo 3 was setting what a video hype train could be and all I could be familiar with my self at that time. Fallout 3 sat back there as if this game never existed. As in the way how Bethesda game styles are done.

    So before that fateful day when my brother would pick up Fallout 3 at blockbuster, I've never seen a game so foreign to my younger self. But yet already well versed on dynamic a video games can be, since every one I would play wasn't going to be a great sandbox of destruction and mindless mayhem. During the 7th Generation of consoles, oddly some games still followed weird fundamental flaws of the Early 3D era still. You what I mean if you play certain of PS2/PS1/GameCube/Original Xbox games) On that note I do want to state I still remember when I was getting down how Mario works and platformers being foreign to me. Regardless still having stronger memories of getting down the overlooked control scheme of JAK2 especially after playing Jak and Daxter the precursors' legacy.

    So I guess what I'm getting to is, I wouldn't ever Gage how vastly different of the game Fallout 3 was going to be once I tried out it for my self. Very much so that Fallout 3 would introduce me not to just Bethesda game studio's titles, but just introduce the game where the protagonist would be truly mine to define what actions I make upon in the desolate dog-eat-dog world, that was wacky and bombed to hell. To see people living in a new dark age where it's a crippling world on humanities worst Feudalistic actions. Painted over a retro futuristic aesthetic that's so Sci-fi and not fantasy.

    I didn't know absolutely nothing about this other than a few pages on an issue of GameInformer. At that time it look like a spooky horror game, a bit like Resident Evil for my limited scope of to pull from my mind to piece together what it would be like in action. So when new game was selected on the menu screen I just kinda found it bold its opening to the game is you being born, As if it couldn't drive if self further to make you become very invested in who your character was going to be. Yet it would be literature of surrogate birth of your self as in this RPG, this wasn't a blanket slate of character. It was you.

    Being so appealed by how the game tried to take itself seriously as you grew up in the disguised 1st play through tutorial and intro of the game 3. Working with its established lore as the blanket slate of people that would be brand new to the fallout serious. Then once you were done and see that vault 101 doors have been opened up and leaving behind such small but yet your whole life behind, because your dad spent raising you the entire time. The game could help but be a more prefect allegory to Plato and the Cave.

    Stepping out into a world of rubble and seeing what looked like a possible ruins of a city in the far backdrop and the landmark of the Washington monument. Such aroused curiosity and confusion led to the player to be faced with not a foreign world, but in my eye's at the time. A foreign style of game I would learn like a trade from starch. For the games I played before barely had things driven behind exploration, role-play, and player choice. Most of those would come up in forms either its endings on a button prompt or turn based rpgs. But wait I can run around this open world map, and go shooting shit and earning better weapons and armor, yes look at my stat increase and level now, wait I get to choose perks!!?? Right where I'm going with this is, If I played Assassin's Creed back in 2007 player progression just came in story and doing better damage or powers up so to speak. So I when I killed three dog and didn't think it would account for a player action outside choosing my health buff.(Buffout is Goat)Hearing him getting replaced, not being incited by a cutscene or notification. Just old troupes in general I was like WTF its permeant I can't go undo that? Luckily I had already learned the art of save scumming longer before I'd play a Fallout game. From here on it would lead for hundreds of hours on end to keep up of pure fascination of the ways this game kept blowing my mind.

    I could pickpocket people? In a video game? I could be cold-blooded and just murder entire towns of people in this game? Fucking bet. Wait I can be the capital wasteland's savior? Sure why not. Then getting caught up of feedback from talon company merc's seeing such a hero of a person get contracted out to be murdered, or running into the only other friendly Super Mutant in the game. Or better yet choosing to save Fawkes in vault 87 and him running at you towards raven rock, rushing to save and seeing you forever in debt cause you saved his life.(on some play throughs he couldn't follow you, if you lacked good krama).

    Then when you actually beat the game and the very slide show your player actions, and the narration that followed. It just wow man. After Beating Fallout 3 for the first time I didn't know games could ever portray such raw moments of life and have it ask the player to not follow said implied script. Yes I know its Fallout 3 but its Fallout 3, ya dig. My younger was surprised Rockstar just never made gmeas with options like for their GTA games where it could so well in my younger imaginative mind.

    To me Fallout 3 is a classic, for the reason that it's willing to bring games to a new kind of Action Adventure game. I believe is still waiting on its successor, cause back in the day Only few games where open world, and yet action based at the same time, and what probably sound describing old GTA again. It's not, not many of you ever heard of I-ninja it's a pretty revolutionary platformer that came out on the PS2. Faded in obscured I still only enjoyed if I did play Mario something else similar to get me started.

    I don't think I'd ever be able to expand my horizons for gaming so much if I never played Fallout 3.

    To this day I can only love and appreciate Fallout 3 for how well crafted it is.(that's subjective btw, I know this game is not prefect. Playing it today combat can be clunky and still at wacky at times). Letting me know that games can show and let be as evil or good you want to be. Better yet how immersive they can be above all else, seeing NPC's sleep and treated as regular people as the tech could possibly do is another segment in its self. Even then I feel like Fallout 3 married turned based rpgs in a way with VATS. Not many other games feature stuff life this. It's hard to replay Half life 2 for the 5th time, but damn is using that gravity gun sure fun. Playing fallout 3 for the 10th time, Yo WTF there a ghoul mask in this game to keep ferals off me? Huh, I'm in an Oasis in a Placed called Oasis? Hey a talking a Tree lets go check it out.

    Yeah, there is so much to touch on mention but straight up Fallout 3 is a classic.

    This is Three Dog Singing out.

    submitted by /u/jayenatior
    [link] [comments]

    Demoman for Team Fort Defence The Second is Three Dog!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 08:24 AM PST

    Remember how I asked "How was your first fallout3 experience" well I'm here to do that again but instead, How was your LAST fallout3 experience

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:59 PM PST

    How what your last fallout3 experience

    submitted by /u/N___THOR
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment