• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    Fallout | Who cares about the Brotherhood or the Enclave, give us Vault-Tec!

    Fallout | Who cares about the Brotherhood or the Enclave, give us Vault-Tec!


    Who cares about the Brotherhood or the Enclave, give us Vault-Tec!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:29 PM PST

    All throughout the Fallout franchise we've seen and been a part of various organizations as they try to cut their slice of the Survivor Pie. We've seen the rise and fall of the Enclave, the Brotherhood, the Institute, Ceasar's Legion, Mr. House, the Nuka Raiders, the people of Appalachia, and many, many more. We've read about corrupt politicians undermining the country they swore to protect, thus ensuring its eventual downfall. We've been there to watch all kinds of groups, good and bad, exert their influence on America's corpse. We've seen it so much people are starting to complain about the repetition (looking at you, BoS).

    But through it all there has been one unexplored constant. Vault-Tec.

    And we've never seen them.

    Oh, we've seen their work. We've seen the aftermath of their vile machinations. But we've never seen them.

    Think about it. All these vaults were built to last after the war. And most of them mention waiting on Vault-Tec HQ to send the all clear. The real HQ, not the one in Fo3 that was only responsible for the D.C. area. Meaning there should be a base somewhere that was connected to all of the vaults. And whomever was selected to live there would no doubt have been among Vault-Tec's top brass.

    I doubt those folks planned on experimenting on themselves (although how wild would that be?). But they planned on something. They didn't spend billions or trillions of dollars setting up these vaults just to say, "World is ending, eh? What if we experimented on a bunch of people just for the fun of it. Like, we'll be dead and won't see the repercussions in any way, but what a great gag, right? It'll be a really good goof. Got 'em!"

    All this is to ask, when are we going to get a proper Vault-Tec story? When are we going to get to confront the people responsible for these horrid social experiments, stare them in the eye, and gently place a 5.56 round between their eyes? I dont care about watching BoS expand to the east anymore. I don't care about rebuilding the Commonwealth or Appalachia or wherever. I want to find the monsters that made me confront the reality of Vault 11.

    Edit: Bummer, my dudes! Some nice vault dwellers here pointed me to the Fallout 2 storyline, which I've never played. Turns out we have met Vault-Tec! Per Fo2, the Enclave decided Earth was a bust and wanted to fly to Mars. Recall the Enclave was technically a pre-war shadow organization comprised of government and business leaders as well as some of the greatest pre-war scientific minds. They predicted atomic war was inevitable and decided they would save their own skins by flying off to Mars. But they were scared of the trek so they created Vault-Tec as a cover organization with the sole intention of running tests on people. These tests would mimic potential long-term space flight issues and help the Enclave figure out how to correct it, making their journey that much safer. All vaults sent their data to the Enclave oil rig off the west coast. Because all the vaults met with catastrophic failure, the Enclave decided a trip to Mars was a bad idea and abandoned the plan. But jokes on them because a bunch of hubologists took their spaceship for a joyride and crashed it, so they weren't going anyway! And that's apparently the story of Vault-Tec. It's just the Enclave. Again.

    submitted by /u/HecklerusPrime
    [link] [comments]

    I actually liked FO4’s story

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:51 AM PST

    There I said it

    submitted by /u/Urmomgay890
    [link] [comments]

    Who is the most annoying character in the fallout series?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:19 AM PST

    For me, it's that rat bastard Myron

    submitted by /u/WhatInTheGoddamn1
    [link] [comments]

    I actually liked The Railroad.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:30 PM PST

    There. I said that.

    ...

    ...this is sooo gonna backfire...

    submitted by /u/SuzanoSho
    [link] [comments]

    Uncommon Tips for Fallout 4

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 01:40 PM PST

    Okay, so I meant to do this post years ago, but I never got around to it. I got back into Fallout 4 with some Sim Settlement mods, figured I may as well. Many people have already done posts on good tips, so here are some less-common ones:

    • The Red Rocket station where you meet Dogmeat has a cavern under it full of Mole Rats and a Power Core.
    • The house closest to the Sanctuary bridge (on the right as you come into town) has a fishing pole in it, which grants some uncommon parts when scrapped.
    • Gorski Cabin just southwest of Concord has a plethora of scrap containing nuclear material.
    • Tired of the radioactive area at Starlight Drive-In? You can remove it by scrapping the barrels in the pond. No more rads!
    • Pick up Big Jim the pipe wrench at Walden Pond in the gift shop basement. Big Jim is my go-to melee for non-melee builds. It's light, has a good effect, and can even get an extra effect with the 'Hooked' upgrade, which is available without any investment into Blacksmith. I once used this against Kellog- he lost his gun and couldn't retrieve it with his legs broken, so he just lay down on the ground helpless.
    • Look into Aquaboy/Aquagirl Rank 1. Probably the most controversial piece of advice, The Aquaboy perk lets you use the waterways around the Commonwealth freely without swapping your armor out for the Radiation Suit. This makes it a great perk for finding seaside area early while bypassing high-level enemies. It can also help find a few scattered underwater treasures. Not the best perk, but the convenience may be worth the point.
    submitted by /u/Sethbreloom94
    [link] [comments]

    Strange thing just happened.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:51 AM PST

    I made a mistake by starting Nuka World at level 18, I had power armor and Nick Valentine at my side but it was still tuff. Of course wanting that sweet Nuka Cola armor I went straight for the bottling plant, and after hitting the Nuka-assholes it got to the point I rage quit, no where near my goal and still down in th the tunnels. A little while later I reload the save and as soon as I'm in I look over and see the power armor, didn't see it the first time, and the door was open which I knew was wrong.

    Either a new glitch to get the Nuka armor without the terminal password or the game is coddling rage quitters, which I doubt.

    submitted by /u/Detective0-07
    [link] [comments]

    So what's the community's feelings towards the upcoming TV series?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:26 AM PST

    I wish you needed tools

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:41 PM PST

    In Fallout 4 I don't understand why recipes don't ask you to have tools. There are a million screw drivers, wrenches, scissors, etc in the world. I wonder why they don't ask you to have tools to do some crafting. I really think it would add to the immersion of the game and it would give more junk a purpose. To do this they of course would have to make tools not be scrapped when you do so in the workshop. I think they would have to go under another category and not be consumed when you craft. But what do y'all think?

    I could understand the argument that doing so would only slow down and complicate the crafting process. And that would be a fair point. But despite that I really think Fallout games in the future should use this as a mechanic. It would even be cool to have specialty tools as unique rewards. So maybe there is a reason I want to target construction sites, hardware stores, and garages. Right now all that I go to hardware stores for is a single can of green paint. 🙂

    submitted by /u/aworldalone1
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 simply had too few towns/cities!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:38 PM PST

    I feel like Fallout 4 had to few cities. Diamond city and Goodneighbor are the only 2 towns/cities I can think of. Covenant is a settlement so doesn't really count. I never liked how diamond city is the first city you encounter. It takes a while to get there (specially if you play on survival mode). In fallout 3 you instantly encounter Megaton, and in New Vegas you spawn in Goodsprings.

    Fallout 4 feels very lonely in the beginning which I never enjoyed. The only people you meet are settlers and Preston Garvy, which is not very exiting. So I just think it would be better if you would at least encounter a small town where you could sell and buy some loot, then maybe get a quest or two. Even Fallout 3 had like 5-10 towns depending on which locations you would count as towns/cities.

    I guess you could build your own little city, but it would't be the same. You can't get quests, find unique character. Also, most people don't have time to sit and build a massive and complex city with high levels of detail like a Diamond City or a Goodneighbor.

    submitted by /u/FokinGamesMan
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite Fallout 4 sidequest?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:11 AM PST

    Does anyone know if the ambient music in Fallout 1 and 2 is copyrighted?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:03 AM PST

    The title sums it up mostly. I've got a project I need to do for university, and one of the conditions of it is that I use copyright-free music in it.

    Given that I wanted my project to have a post-atomic horror vibe, I figured some of the music would be perfect. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MrNobbly
    [link] [comments]

    Maze next to Milton general hospital

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:54 PM PST

    I found this creepy maze next to a hospital when I was looking for some high powered magnets. I go around a corner and there's a body ensnared in barbed wire and it's head is placed on a table with a beer. I'm a bit scared to go any further and am wondering if I need to be concerned or prepared for something.

    submitted by /u/JhonQPublic
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5 with Enclave as a join-able faction

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 12:43 PM PST

    If Bethesda can give us Nuka World raider evil mumble jumble then they can surely give us the Enclave.

    I don't even care if they are evil or questionable good, stop giving the BoS technology raider arrogant prick the spotlight

    Sure the Institute is high tech and all but they are just egghead with synth slave, i wanted high tech millitary, like far above B*tch of Steel level

    The Enclave in New Vegas doesn't count, they are just the old greezer, the remnants who give you stuffs

    I wanted to join the Forth Reich........i mean the Enclave..Oops

    submitted by /u/MyHentaiGirl
    [link] [comments]

    What if siding with Elijah is canon?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:44 PM PST

    Who knows when we'll ever know about the canon ending FNV, and even if we do Elijah's ending is far from likely, but could u imagine if it is canon. I don't think there's a single worse choice in any of the games. You essentially doom the whole west coast and genocide 200 years of progress since the bombs. Idk I'm just thinking aloud, maybe the real canon ending is getting trapped in the vault in the Sierra Madre and the courier dies of thirst

    submitted by /u/Reznov99
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 2 junkie playthrough

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:24 AM PST

    So I decided to play F2 again being a junkie (not save scumming). Was it always that jet addiction gives you pemanent -1 str -1ap -1pe if you don't take it regularly ? I'm talking about permanent separate stackable debuff, not withdrawal, which is fine. I'm at a point that i have -4str -4ap -4 pe. I thought it was because of restoration project but I quickly did a run on vanilla F2 and the same happens there. I remember having drug runs in fallout 2 with addictions and this never happening. I thought how its supposed to work was i get +1str +1pe +2ap, you fight for 15 minutes, then you get the huge debuff of -4 -4 -4 or whatever (coming down from high), you wait a bit, your stats get back to NORMAL, and after 2 days you get the negative effect of addiction -1 str -1ap -1pe, which is ok, but the first time you use jet you are supposed to get normal jet buff and temporarily erase withdrawal debuff, buf instead this debuff is permanent and you can stack it infinitely and brick your character to have 1 ap and no amount of time helps it fix it or jet antidote. If this is intended then after 10 fights of using jet you literally have 1 str 1pe 1ap character even if you started with 10 str 10pe 10ap and it promotes save scumming even more. Am I missing something ? I'm using gog version

    submitted by /u/DzilOne
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the Nuka world DLC

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:49 PM PST

    Do the raiders have a place in the main quest line?

    submitted by /u/TheDarkkenning
    [link] [comments]

    The caravan merchants in Fallout 3 can die?!?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:22 AM PST

    So I invested 700 caps into Lucky Harith just to have him 'fall off the map'?!?

    submitted by /u/CrisperLace8106
    [link] [comments]

    Any good suggestions for Caravan or Weapons company names?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:23 PM PST

    I'm running a Fallout tabletop secession and trying to think of a name for a gunrunner type company and a couple of competing caravan companies. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas for names they'd like to throw out there?

    submitted by /u/Spaced-Cowboy
    [link] [comments]

    Brotherhood of Steel MegaPoster [4k]

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 01:58 PM PST

    Around 14h working on this one: https://imgur.com/gallery/f2o0JZq

    submitted by /u/BioClone
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4] I've sided with the Minutemen and blew the Institute up. And I'm still able to side with the Brotherhood of Steel. Is this normal??

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:46 PM PST

    I've heard people saying that if you sided with either the Minutemen or the Railroad, you would have to defeat both the Institute and the BOS. In my case, I sided with the Minutemen and followed their final quest to destroy the Institute. But after it got blew up, I'm still in a friendly relationship with the BOS, and they are even cheering about this when I get to Prydwen. Was there some quest I missed, or it's just the faction relationship thing going randomly?

    submitted by /u/Lu_kemuchfun
    [link] [comments]

    I tell ya what, Randall Clark's story is so moving, im thinking dang this could be an awesome movie lol

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:36 PM PST

    What COULD Nuka-cola Taste like?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:20 PM PST

    Is It basically the same flavor as Coke; Pepsi; RC Cola; Dr. Pepper, etc?

    I Know this topic is NOTHING new; I'm Just asking for Ideas for what Nuka-cola could possibly taste the Most like in terms of IRL Sodas such as Coke, Pepsi, RC COLA, Dr. Pepper, etc. . .

    Lemme Know your theories for what this Fictional Soda Pop could taste like. . .

    submitted by /u/LUIGIISREAL2017
    [link] [comments]

    My Fallout 4 review. Beautifully underdeveloped

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:49 PM PST

    Disclaimer: I'm only halfway through the main story and did the male playthrough.

    positive stuff: the premise and main character are very interesting, The intro is unforgivably brutal in how much it takes away from you, your world, your significant other, and your son are all taken within minutes of each other, the companions(I've only met Dogmeat, Nick, Piper, Handcock, Macready, and Preston) are very good, I care about them almost as much as my New Vegas companions and are leagues above the Fallout 3 companions , the world is incredibly Beautiful it's probably my favorite Fallout map, the weapon customization was pretty good, the power armor feels so right, this how power armor should have been done in the previous 2, the enemies to me at least don't feel like bullet sponges, I've seen some people say they are, but they don't feel that way to me, I like that theirs actual color, some people don't like it, but I honestly hated the Green filter of Fallout 3 and the Orange of New Vegas so much I had to get a mod to remove them, Kellogg is one of the best antagonists I've ever seen I actually felt bad for killing him after I went through his memory, and betraying a faction makes you feel guilty, whether its destroying the Railroad, Ruining your own sons life work, turning your back on the Minutemen, or almost certainly dooming the entire eastern brotherhood to infighting , there's at least one person in each faction you didn't want to kill but have to.

    Negatives: The Minute Men are such a lost opportunity, they could have been fan favorites but they offer some of the most time wasting quests imaginable I have to abandon a quest I'm in the middle of, to protect some settlement of 3 people who super mutants are interested for some reason just move to Sanctuary, Preston could have been the best companion in years but you have to get a mod to shut him up, the first half of the game builds up so much urgency for you to find your son but you have to do lots of side quests to be the proper level "don't worry buddy I'm coming for you... right after I bring a mutated fern to some random drug dealer, build entire settlements with working water, and systematically destroy an entire group of raider's", the perk system was just fine in 3 and NV why change it, the Diamond City radio host, What a disappointment after the amazing Three Dog and Suave Mr. New Vegas, the opening narration makes it seem like your supposed to pick Nate, I mean supposedly Ron Pearlman was the tv news caster at the beginning so why not have him do the narration like he did in all the others, why do the two choices for the main characters have Canonical names I thought this was an Rpg, speaking of it being an Rpg why only 4 dialogue choices, did the voice actors charge by the sentence or something, why so little weapon Varity, New Vegas had twice as many different weapons and that was 5 years before this one, despite the better visuals and the new name the Creation engine is really just Gamebyro 2.0 and has many of the same bugs, but at least it doesn't crash every 5 minutes for no reason, it's just not good enough to justify a 7 year wait, and the big one is the bad guy's, this is a problem I have with all the Fallouts except the first one, their all disappointing compared to the Master, I understand that it's hard to follow up the living embodiment of what happens when science goes to far, but no villain in the series is even half as good as him.

    Over all its a good game but the faults are incredibly noticeable, 3 had some noticeable faults but not as many, NV had lots of little faults but was so good, I willing ignored them, and the first two are from the 90's so the faults are excusable. I don't hate this game with the burning passions some people do, in fact I really like it, but come on Bethesda you could have done better.

    submitted by /u/IMMORTALMERC2281
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment