• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Fallout Lore | If not for one critical detail, I could still see why one would wish for the Legion to win the war in the Mojave

    Fallout Lore | If not for one critical detail, I could still see why one would wish for the Legion to win the war in the Mojave


    If not for one critical detail, I could still see why one would wish for the Legion to win the war in the Mojave

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 07:57 PM PST

    The rampant sexism of the Legion...

    I know I know, I get it, please just calm down before you rant...well, those who WERE going to anyhow.

    The Legion is too cruel for my tastes, but some of it's ideas, especially if Caesar were to find a proper heir (I.E. the Courier) can still function and make sense in a lot of ways, and this is coming from a guy who is all House, all day everyday!

    The thing is, who in their right mind, especially women, would want to support a faction that will bring back one of the most numerically catastrophic forms of oppression in human history?

    Women were screwed in our own timeline as is, and seeing such a thing brought back would just be disastrous.

    Now look, slavery is one thing, it's horrible mind you, but it's not typically the worst thing compared to other fates in Fallout, and that's saying a lot considering how screwed up slavery in Fallout is...

    And I know I'm going to be called an SJW who "brings politics" into Fallout...an inherently political franchise via the faction warfare that's always happening in it, but does anyone who otherwise supports the legion see this issue??

    I never hear it brought up when I see pro-legion arguments on Youtube. If the Legion could make things better, cool! If you like the Legion, great! But why don't we see more people bringing up this elephant in the room?

    Edit: I AM aware of the other flaws screwing over the Legion, but I'm merely trying to bring up a topic not often discussed about with the Legion. Please forgive the misunderstanding! ^^'

    submitted by /u/TimeLordHatKid123
    [link] [comments]

    Mr. New Vegas is a moral weapon from House

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:18 PM PST

    So I booted up my Xbox360 to play FNV for the first time in a LONG time since it's the 10 year anniversary.

    I love to study media and one thing that hit me immediately is "Why is Mr. New Vegas talking and basically insinuating how easily it would be to destroy the Camp McCarran monorail?"

    And then, at least where I'm at in the game (early) he is incessantly going on about how strong the Legion is, and how attritioned the NCR is.

    When it hit me.

    House is playing the Legion further against the NCR, and with cut content hindsight in mind, Mr. New Vegas supposedly being an AI from House.

    So it would make sense that House is doing the famous Korean War and Vietnam War tactic, targeting soldier moral.

    I forget the name of the supposed Korean woman who did this during the War but there would be this one radio station, played good music, but the woman would come on and talk about how many soldiers died, how spread out U.S. forces are. How the battles are stalemates. Even going so far as to insinuate GI Wives are cheating on their soldier husbands.

    It's an effective and insidious tactic and seems right up House' alley.

    submitted by /u/SomethingLessEdgy
    [link] [comments]

    What Fallout Faction (past or present, major or minor) do you wish was a major player in the War in the Mojave?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:05 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment