• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 25, 2020

    Fallout | My son killed a Yao Guai by throwing a bottle cap mine in its face, and I couldn’t be more proud.

    Fallout | My son killed a Yao Guai by throwing a bottle cap mine in its face, and I couldn’t be more proud.


    My son killed a Yao Guai by throwing a bottle cap mine in its face, and I couldn’t be more proud.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:28 PM PST

    He's only seven, but loves Fallout 3. We've been playing mostly as exploring, trying to get all the bobbleheads, discover locations without too much combat.

    We were heading for the Yao Guai tunnels to get the sneak bobblehead. And a Bear came out of nowhere. I never paid mines much attention, just sold them for caps. But my son paid attention.

    I would have panicked, but cool as a cucumber he grabbed a bottlecap mine and threw it in that bear's face. No more bear.

    I was so proud! This game continues to amaze me. And I have a newfound appreciation for mines in combat. They work great against Mirelurks.

    submitted by /u/Kaseiopeia
    [link] [comments]

    I'm on my 3rd play through of F3 and only just noticed that there's a guard on top of the gate at Megaton.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 05:13 AM PST

    Perception is not my strong point clearly

    submitted by /u/mutant_afc
    [link] [comments]

    What is the “Central Song” of Fallout: New Vegas?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:02 AM PST

    It seems to me that each Fallout game produced by Bethesda has a "Central Song" that plays on the radio in-game, which is either used in ads for the game or becomes a meme In the Fandom.

    3 has "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire"

    4 has "The Wanderer"

    76 has "Country Roads

    So what's the "Central Song" in Fallout: New Vegas?

    submitted by /u/JaqieSmith
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the Minutemen do this?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 12:18 PM PST

    I find it weird how the Minutemen blow up the Institute in their ending instead of taking it over. Advanced tech? A new base that allows them to teleport virtually anywhere in the Commonwealth? Synths that can be made into Minutemen and be good guys so that the stigma against Synths can be removed. It seems like they have much to gain from taking it over rather then blowing it up. Imagine Minutemen just teleporting to settlements that are in danger in almost an instant. Makes a lot more sense to me personally. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/FiendishCrave
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished Dead Money for the first time, what a ride( Spoilers)!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:29 AM PST

    I was eager to try this dlc out because of how divisive it is, some hate it, some love it. I definitely had a great time with it, although maybe having light step, plus energy weapons and science at 100(the Holorifle with optimized cells steamrolls the ghost enemies, even on very hard/hardcore ) avoided me a lot of the frustration.

    What I liked the most where the characters, all 4( well 5 with Dog and God, but 4 in terms of npcs) had a lot of personality and interesting dialogue. Both Elijah and Dean were great villains, better than anything I've seen in Fallout so far( the only one I haven't played is 76, I don't if that one has cool villains). They were both so fucking evil and greedy, the game did an excellent job in setting them up as irredeemable pieces of shit. God was very fascinating in his approach to the courier, and I like what they did with Christine, they manged to have a mute follower and not make it annoying in any way.

    I can definitely see why some folk would hate this, taking away your entire arsenal and placing proximity bombs everywhere is a bit much, but I do think that the story and the horror/saw like atmosphere make it worth it.

    submitted by /u/1wp1
    [link] [comments]

    I beat my first Fallout game

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:45 PM PST

    I fiddled around with fallout 4 and 76 but I got 3 and NV in preparation for the next COVID lockdown and this morning I beat fallout 3, the first real game i've ever beaten

    submitted by /u/hlineman65
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 always needs to install DLC on XBone?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:25 AM PST

    So I own the GOTY version of Fallout 3 so I get all of the DLC with the game, I installed it on my Xbox and then played it fine, next day it says need to update this game for your console 1.9GB, click ok, just installs the DLC all over again, next day same thing, and it's been doing this every time I go to play Fo3 and I don't know why or what to do, it's just annoying having to wait 10 or 20 mins at the start of every session to wait for the damn DLCs to load. Anyone have this problem and know of a fox or solution? Cheers in advance

    submitted by /u/SpeakeasyG1887
    [link] [comments]

    Is Fallout: New California worth playing? What are your thoughts?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:35 PM PST

    Does anyone actually use Rad-X in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 08:22 PM PST

    I just use a radaway once it gets to a certain point on my healthbar. If I'm going into a high radiation area I'd be wearing power armor or a hazmat suit anyway.

    submitted by /u/MankillingMastodons
    [link] [comments]

    Preaston is severely glitched

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:59 PM PST

    I wanted to side with the minutemen, so once i get the schematic for the teleporter from virgil i went to preston, but he said no you need to finish helping the settlment he told me about, the thing is i dont have the quest and the last time i talked to him was practically at the start of the game so i cant go back a save.

    submitted by /u/TheFalseLogical
    [link] [comments]

    About To Start My First Hardcore Run On Fallout New Vegas

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:39 AM PST

    Hey everyone so I'm In The Middle Of Installing Fallout NV again but this time I am gonna try out the hardcore mode is there any tips that you think would have helped you on your first run? Is there any mods that you find essential? I was also planning on documenting my journey through the Mojave Wasteland either by streaming it or recording wondering if anyone would find it entertaining?

    submitted by /u/FtRamHere
    [link] [comments]

    People on fallout 4 Nuka world have a positive onlook on (covid)life

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:54 AM PST

    Just heard one of the disciples in Nuka world dlc mention when I passed by: 'best thing about wearing a mask? Not having to look interested when talking to people.'

    Agreed.

    submitted by /u/Ineffective_person
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 was the first game I ever played in the series. But Fallout 3 made me fall in love with it.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:08 PM PST

    I was so immersed in the universe of fallout when I first played fo4, that I had to go play its predecessors. I was not disappointed, because while fo4 had a good reputation with me, fo3 really made me fall head over heels for what this series is about. The tone, the atmosphere, the bleakness of exploring every dark crevice of the capital wasteland was enough for me to really be satisfied with my purchase.

    submitted by /u/FilthyNingen1994
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here remember when Interplay was working on a Fallout multiplayer game?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 09:06 PM PST

    I used to get lore newsletters in my email. Is there anywhere those are still available to read?

    submitted by /u/jesuskraiss
    [link] [comments]

    New Radio appalachia.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 04:57 PM PST

    are you sick of the dj blubbering on? tired of kicking supe rmutant and scorch beast ass to the same songs over an dover for hundreds of hours? disappointed that Radio Appalachia features very little Appalachian music? well, me freaking too. I have made a spotify playlist that features music that would be listened to in Appalachia. Lots of bluegrass and stuff of the sorts. It currently has 125 songs and im sure ill add more.
    Feel free to take songs you like and make your own playlist to listen to.

    also feel free to port it to YouTube or whatever if you don't use spotify.

    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1uXNAmPVItchWBvjo2xo7y?si=eoALCJ4bTkKDkxwRELHZbg

    ( playlists for other games coming soon too?)

    submitted by /u/Stellarjay25
    [link] [comments]

    How do i get fallout 3 goty edition to run?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 07:29 PM PST

    I ran it in compatability mode for both windows xp service pack 1 and 2, i ran it as administrator, i tried updating gfwl but its install keeps failing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/fakename1089
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get into the brotherhood in the new update of fo76

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:07 AM PST

    One I got to the guy at the front, I talked to him but he gave me no information. I went inside I found the guard and one other guy at the laser door nothing happened tho. I talked them but there was conversation just them saying stuff. I looke around and saw nothing to press or do just people down some stairs. Can someone tell how to get into the brotherhood?

    Edit:never mind, I read the message and said only lv20+ can do the quest line

    submitted by /u/gordontoehrig
    [link] [comments]

    Starting Fallout 2 for the first time, anything I should know beforehand?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:26 AM PST

    I just got Fallout 2 through Steam, and pretty excited to try my first ever classic Fallout game. Is there anything I should be aware of regarding compatibility of running a 20 year old game on a Windows 10 64-bit platform? Also I heard about a high-resolution patch for the game, how/where can I get that and what kind of settings should I configure for a 1920x1080 display?

    submitted by /u/yamuzwaran
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1 CD Copy

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 06:15 PM PST

    Hello. I recently found an old CD copy of Fallout 1. I was wondering if it would be possible to run on Windows 10 out of the box, or if any additional software was required. If so, are there any tutorials for doing so? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Mindless_Reindeer
    [link] [comments]

    Can I collect a perk from each companion and keep them all?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 06:14 PM PST

    So I just received the Isodoped perk from Hitchcock. If I send him away and get a new companion and make them fall in love with me and give me their perk, does Hitchcock perk go away?

    submitted by /u/thenameofbeautiful
    [link] [comments]

    So i downloaded the steel dawn update for Fallout 76 (on steam) and when I hit start, it opens the game with a black screen for a second before closing it. Why is that and how could I fix? I did file integrity verification but still the same

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:20 AM PST

    What side quests (/when) perfectly align with FO3 story?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:22 PM PST

    What is the strongest faction/group? Is it the ncr, the masters army(maybe),institue? No

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 08:03 PM PST

    Was looking through some old post about this topic and found out about "the calculator" from fallout tactics.Even if it isn't considered cannon do you think the calculator could destroy the wastland.I dont know much information and i never played f:tactics but from what I've read and seen the calculator is a computer controlled by 8 brains (somewhat similar to think tank) it has an army of robots and not just ordinary robots.Some which are just used for farming

    Humanoid robot: "C-27 Series humanoid robots are the main workforce for the Calculator. As the name states, they are bi-pedal, two-armed robots, about the size of a large man."

    Hover robot: "It's very similar to the floating eye bot or the eyebot robot but far more heavily armed. After the War, it was used by the Calculator, the mad cyborg from Vault 0."

    Security robot: "These robots are a common sight near the Calculator's bases. It comes armed with either 9mm or a laser. Though they can't take very much damage themselves, they are highly accurate at long distances, making groups of them formidable, as they can often severely weaken their opponent before they can even get in range to fight back."

    Scurry robot:"Like many smaller robots, Scurry robots can be seen in a variety of locations. They patrol most open ground in robot-controlled areas. They have the ability to hide under the dirt and pop out at unsuspecting victims and almost always appear in groups. Due to relying almost exclusively on ambush tactics, they prefer to attack up close and do not possess any ranged attacks."

    Tank track robot: "It attacks using its spinning flails which can do a great deal of damage. Though highly resistant it can be easily defeated because it can't fit through most doorways, lacks a ranged attack, and takes time to spin up its flails, making it fairly easy to maneuver away from before it can do any damage."

    Loadlifter robot: "The loadlifter has very strong motivators and is exceedingly dangerous in close-combat, using two long metal forks previously used for heavy lifting. However, due to its low speed and lack of mobility due to having treads instead of legs, it can be easily avoided and dealt with from a distance."

    Pacification robot: "It is a quadrupedal robot, built rather like a rhino or a bear on all fours, with four stun cannons protruding from the "head." It stands about 5 to 6 feet tall.Its purpose is crowd control and incapacitating tougher units so they can be dealt with by humanoid robots. Due to its bulk and resiliency, pacification robots are used by the Calculator for local tactical command and control over lesser robotic entities. While Behemoth robots can enter into a charge if they spot an enemy, Pacification robots physically cannot move at more than the same plodding pace."

    Behemoth: "This six-legged walker is similar to the quadrupedal pacification robot but larger and equipped with four machine guns. Each behemoth has in excess of 1000 Hit Points and very strong armor. The minigun that the robot uses can easily kill a character on a critical hit but has a relatively short range. The weapon uses .50 caliber rounds and any ammunition the robot does not use can be scavenged from the corpse. Behemoth robots normally move at a plodding pace when on patrol or in transit, but if they spot an enemy they can charge fairly quickly, and will continue to follow them." It seems obvious that pulse grenades can just be used on them but this is a robot army they dont need water or food just materials to create more robots and they have diversed robots so how is a pulse grenade gonna hit a hover robot or scurry robot.

    Without the main characters interferring at all (dont exist or whatever) which faction do you think has the best chance at winning. I think the masters army has the best chance espcially since he has nightkins.

    Take shot everytime i say robot [You are feeling woozy] [You have become addicted]

    submitted by /u/MilkMan_101
    [link] [comments]

    With the Us Annexation of Canada, does that mean Canadian vaults?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 08:00 PM PST

    When the US annexed Canada, they were starting up the vault tech experiments. Presumably this means theoretically, that Vault Tech put vaults in Canada. Meaning we could potentially see a storyline set up in the north. Or is there some lore reason I don't know that means Canada was annexed but they never got truly integrated, so zero possibility of their own faults?

    submitted by /u/Karax9699
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment