• Breaking News

    Monday, November 23, 2020

    Fallout | If the next Fallout was located in Florida, what would be one of the quests?

    Fallout | If the next Fallout was located in Florida, what would be one of the quests?


    If the next Fallout was located in Florida, what would be one of the quests?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Just trying to add more discussion to this sub besides the same ol' should I play this? What's mods should I use? Bethesda/Obsidian war...etc.

    So what do you think would be some fun quests in a Florida setting?

    I'd love one where you're exploring Palm Beach and you come across a person who is looking for their lost Alligator. You then must track through the city finding clues that it was thrown through a window, attacked a puppy and then was befriended by a man who feeds it bagels. Eventually, you find it in a swamp, mutated to hell and must fight it. Once you've killed it, you must take the head back to the owner. You are then rewarded with a gator claw weapon with a unique perk that allows you to intimated people into giving you food.

    Share your ideas!!

    submitted by /u/sounders127
    [link] [comments]

    Things that could’ve made the Fallout 4 base game better?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:55 PM PST

    I've played the base game of Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Fallout: New Vegas with 100% of all available quests. Fallout 4 was my most recent completion. Going through the game, I enjoyed it but there was so much more potential. Here are some things that should've been added/changed.

    • Paladin Danse and the Sole Survivor should be able topple Elder Maxson's leadership. I generally don't like the FO4 Brotherhood because of their unhealthy thirst for pre-war technology and bigotry towards non-humans even if they have human traits (like Danse). I still wouldn't like the Brotherhood if I was Elder, but it would definitely warm me up to the possibility. Deleted content but would've been worth it.

    • Radiant quests in general. These repeating quests to random locations are dreadful. Whether it's MILA with Tinker Tom, Settlement help with Preston, or Tech recovery with Scribe Haylen, it's boring. It's just boring clearing out the same places over and over again.

    • Once a settlement has defenses, it shouldn't ask for help. It's stupid how I set up a settlement armed with turrets in every direction but they still ask me to help pay raider ransom or capture someone who has been kidnapped. C'mon.

    • Alliances. There's no way you could've had a way the Minutemen could ally with any which faction? In New Vegas, you can have a final battle with the Enclave, Great Khans, Brotherhood, etc. fighting by your side if you played your cards right. It would've been cool if you could invade the Institute with Desdemona and Preston Garvey as a merged unit. Instead you have to pick one. Desdemona demands that you choose between the Railroad or the Minutemen and claims the Minutemen won't help the synths. What? I'm the goddamn general! lol

    This is all I can think of for now but I'll definitely think of more, later.

    Edit: also, sorry if you're a frequent to this sub and this type of post is posted everyday lol.

    submitted by /u/God_Is_Gangsta
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3’s randomness was one of, if not the, best parts of the game

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:27 AM PST

    Basically what I said above. The feature makes sure that you can still experience unique things on different playthroughs. For example, today I was doing the Arefu quest, I made it to meraseti but was being chased by a radacorpion. I hadn't had enough ammo to kill is so I decided to just run to meraseti. It didn't seem to be working though, as the scorpion was almost on me. Out of nowhere a Scavanger and his pet yao guia (I can't spell) run down and enihalate the radscorpion.

    If any feature returns for the next fallout game (if there is one) I want it to be this.

    submitted by /u/triplenipls
    [link] [comments]

    I have found good maps which will be beneficial to all of your Fallout Fanfiction endeavors.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:09 PM PST

    I consider myself good with Fallout lore, but the geography of Fallout, especially in the southwest, is so goddamn convoluted. Sure you have place markers, but what about borders? or is it all just random radii overlaid on a map so somehow you could be in both New-Reno and Sac-Town all at once?(then again I suppose that's like not being able to tell where St. Paul and Minneapolis meet; speaking as a Minnesotan)

    So I looked it up and found two maps that did GREAT work, in my personal opinion.

    Here, Here, and Here.

    I've ended up using them both as bases for greater and broader projects, and even role-playing for tabletop-fallout games. I've written lore segments for everything from the subcultures within the NCR (Sierra Nevada, Arroyo, Boneyard, Mormons, etc.) and even formed a faction within the NCR that, during it's early days, was the basis of most religion within the NCR. But that's for another post. Using these maps and analyzing the major geography has helped me like you wouldn't believe. and I'm sure it'll help y'all too! :D

    submitted by /u/King_Kestrel
    [link] [comments]

    The Courier has an edge that other protagonists don't

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:34 AM PST

    What I'm saying is that the courier is the only protagonist with an almost blank slate. Unlike the others, who we know spent most of their lives in a vault (except for the Sole Survivor, but we still know most of their backstory), the Courier is a mystery. Yeah, they were a Courier, but for how long? What did they do beforehand? Exactly. It's up to you. I typically play my guy as a Clint Eastwood type cowboy drifter, but you can choose whatever you want. This is one thing I loathed about Fallout 4. The variations to the kind of person you can be are so limited by comparison. The character having a voice feels wrong as well. Even Fallout 3 did a much better job at letting you determine what kind of person your character was because you didn't know what exactly they did in the vault and you could still imagine what their voice sounded like. In Fallout 4 you just pick some random John or Jane that was a war hero/lawyer and then spent over 100 years in cryo. How riveting.

    submitted by /u/TheAlmightyJanitor
    [link] [comments]

    What would the outcome be for the wasteland and Enclave if Frank Horrigan had survived his fight with the Chosen One?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:20 PM PST

    This has always been a question I've had ever since I first played fallout 2 and I've never seen anybody else bring this up but has anybody ever wondered what the outcome for the Enclave or wasteland would be if Horrigan had survived?

    submitted by /u/Hex_9
    [link] [comments]

    hey where Vault dweller how's your day going

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:54 PM PST

    I'm just weary wasteland traveler here to make your day better now you have a great day or night and don't forget you rad-x stimpaks and your chems and get out there and don't forget to tell me about your adventures :)

    submitted by /u/chase123324
    [link] [comments]

    Results from yesterday's survey about the best game mechanics. (Spoiler) They're what you'd expect.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Results

    Hey ya'll!

    Thanks for everyone who participated! I'm not at all surprised by most of the results, since a lot of it is always brought up during discussions in this sub.

    However, I was surprised by two things:

    First is the the response to using Skyrim's skill system. It is something constantly brought up in discussions in this sub with those comments receiving a lot positivity! I know the survey is a small sample size but I still imagined it was going to get a 50/50 vote.

    The second thing is how underwhelmed a lot of you feel about the current Power Armor system. A lot of you want to see better custom options for the armor and the chance to mount weapons. I don't use power armor in the new games so I haven't had to experience it that much.

    I do want to pose a couple more questions brought about by some of the other comments on the survey.

    Do you like the current quick loot option or would you want to scrap and/or revise the system?

    Would you like to see the return of gambling?

    Would you like shields and/or the ability to block?

    Thank you again ya'll!

    Have a great day!

    submitted by /u/sounders127
    [link] [comments]

    How would you improve Fallout 4?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:48 PM PST

    Its a divisive game here, so how would you make it better?

    I assume most would want to get rid of the voiced MC?

    submitted by /u/ACFan95
    [link] [comments]

    Vault-Tec Guy at start of fallout 4 looks like mysterious stranger.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 03:46 AM PST

    At the start of fallout 4,the vault-tec guy who knocks on your house and asks for your information (SPECIAL Stats and name) has the same fedora and suit as the mysterious stranger.

    submitted by /u/TheTalentedRedditor
    [link] [comments]

    Far Too Shiny. Why? (76)

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:21 PM PST

    I just picked Fallout 76 up for the first time since I played for a few weeks after launch. I'm enjoying the game with my friend and he's taken funny pictures of our characters doing stuff. When he sent me the pictures, I noticed that on his side, my clothing textures were normal colored. (Vault suit was blue and leather armor brown). But on my side the textures are gone? I can see where I'm wearing the clothes but they're entirely shiny silver... But his characters' clothing is normal too, even to me. This also happened with some raiders we found that were wearing entirely silver outfits. I'm not sure why it's happening but I can't find anything online about it. Is it my computer? That the graphics are too much? Has anyone else had this issue?

    submitted by /u/BatManty77
    [link] [comments]

    If you could have a Fallout robot in REAL LIFE, what model would you pick?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:45 PM PST

    So let's say by some miracle, Robco becomes a real company and you win a raffle to get a completely free robot.

    It can be any robot from any games, and can be experimental models like the ones seen in the Repconn tour in New Vegas for example.

    Only caveat is it can't be a super robot like P.A.M etc, or a specific robot 'personality' like Codsworth or Fisto (you sick robot fetishist aha) etc, but a standard 'type' of robot.

    But again, it's for real life, you don't have to maintain in, but you do need to think of the practical considerations like having a sentry bot for example would be great, but it doesn't serve much of a useful day to day purpose and wouldn't fit through most doorways etc

    submitted by /u/TheAICommander
    [link] [comments]

    Low GPU Utilisation

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 02:35 AM PST

    Hi guys, having an issue with this GPU, Specifically playing Fallout 4, I tried posting to PC tech support but the post has been filtered for a whole day nearly :/ my apologies if this is the wrong place but it appears like it may be a specific fallout 4 issue. Here's some info on my specs:

    HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 16 - a05

    i510300H @ 2.5GHZ (8 Cores)

    16GB RAM

    RTX 2060 Max -Q Design

    So basically the issue is that the GPU load will go to about 45% and the framerate will reach lets say 40 if looking at an intensive area. Because I don't have any frame limiter and turn V-Sync off, if I look at the ground my fps will go up to 200 and my GPU load will reach about 70%. What makes it extra strange is that when I unplug the power and have it running while not charging, my GPU load goes up to 99% but with a framerate of about 18.

    CPU load ranges from about 30-50% and about 80c temp.

    Just to make sure I've disabled GeForce Experience battery optimizer, turned off the power link state options for the PCI, checked for any new driver updates and also checked the bios for any options. If it's any note running benchmarks my load reaches 99% and has good performance.

    Sorry if all of this sounds mish-mashy, it's honestly confusing me a little bit, as first I figured it would be a bottleneck issue, but this laptop is brand new and other games and benchmarks showing 99% usage tells me it's something else. Maybe the game? but I have noticed the same issue in others would I'll admit the framerate has been acceptable enough to not notice. In fallout 4 it'll be 60 - 80 in a decent area and then a random area somewhere will bring it down to 30 and it look like the GPU doesn't want to push a bit of extra juice in.

    Also forgetting the to mention, to make it even weirder, whilst in the loading screens in Fallout 4, the usage is at 95% as soon as I'm in game it drops straight away. Just tested resident evil 2 on Ultra. 50 - 60fps on 95-99 usage, could it be a Fallout 4 engine issue?

    [https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35811985]

    Any ideas on this at all? I have seen nearly identical builds crush this game on high fps.

    submitted by /u/BazBro
    [link] [comments]

    Getting back into fo76 and wanted to know what was new?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 02:30 AM PST

    I stopped playing when the added the npc settlements. Wanted to know whats changed since and other essential infomation.

    submitted by /u/billnyetheasianpie
    [link] [comments]

    replaying fallout 2 after 3 years, and I need some help.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:29 PM PST

    Does anybody ever question if you found your son?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:22 PM PST

    I spend all this time trying to find my son, go into the Institute to find my son and as soon as I get out, nobody questions whether I found him or not. I made it to the point where I blew the Institute up but nobody ever asked anything about the reason I went there in the first place. I'd imagine if the Railroad knew who my son is, they'd be a little more cautious.

    submitted by /u/God_Is_Gangsta
    [link] [comments]

    What story for The Courier do you guys have for your own play through?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:19 PM PST

    I just wanna know what you guys made up for your game. And I mean before the shot Sorry if this breaks any rules I will edit or delete if needed.

    submitted by /u/TheAtticDemon
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me, or is attempting to survive the last checkpoint on 10 health in the middle of NukaWorld a blast?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:13 PM PST

    There's something about moments like this that just causes me to focus like its rocket science.

    submitted by /u/ScriptedNature
    [link] [comments]

    Unbearable stutter in Fallout 4

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 01:28 AM PST

    I tried all the magic man's advice. Performance mods. Configuring ini files. Compressing texture files. Removing insignificant objects. Disable vsync in ini.

    And yet still while I pump out 60 fps, I stutter for 15 seconds which mattered a lot even in a damn radroach fight because I couldn't precisely shoot but spray and pray. Please tell me what am I supposed to do.

    My specs aren't amazing but yet I pump out 60 fps so it begs the question why it stutters. I run it on a ryzen 5 3500u (on igpu ofc) with 12 gb ram.

    Please help.

    submitted by /u/cosmicfireplace57
    [link] [comments]

    Best super mutant companion?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:52 PM PST

    There really isn't that many options, but for me it's Lily from New Vegas. Technically not really a super mutant but whatever this is just for fun anyways. Close second is Marcus, I didn't really spend that much time on Fawkes so I can't get a fair assessment and there may be other super mutant in Fallout 1 and 4 and God forbid brotherhood of steel that I'm not aware of. Just really curious who's yall favorite and why?

    submitted by /u/Justanibbatrynahelp
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout in North Carolina?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:39 PM PST

    Ok, I know you just discussed Fallout in Florida but hear me out.

    I think NC is a great idea, you have the coast with the outer banks, the mountains, and the woods in between. You also have big cities such as Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, Asheville, etc.

    The main quest could be finding out what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke, or atleast finding the people that called the vault at Roanoke their home. Other ideas for quests include exploring a crashed airplane near Kitty Hawk, fighting ghouls at Fort Bragg, setting up camp in the Special Ops Museum in Fayetteville, and maybe board the battleship in Wilmington or will it spread you to thin?

    Thats just in the east part of the state. In the west you could wander across The Track CampgroundTM, a large civilization based inside the abandoned Charlotte Motor Speedway. Or dive into the rumor about a long gone sister city to Winston-Salem, some say its called Greensboro and was one of the main targets for atomic bombing but thats just a myth, right? You could even head further west to Asheville, where maybe you come across a hidden vault filled with spirits and witches, or atleast some weird green girl with a pointy hat.

    Those are just some ideas I came up with in the last 10 minutes or so. Im sure there are plenty more but just a starter idea that I'd think would be really cool.

    submitted by /u/Gamerman009313
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons doing way less then base damage?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:18 PM PST

    So I decided to start up fall out for survival mode without any mods on to day, just for nostalgia. I get out of the vault and realize that my 10 mm pistol is only doing 2 damage and my security baton is only doing one damage and I can't figure out why? Can someone help??

    submitted by /u/cosmicszechaun
    [link] [comments]

    How to get the plasma rifle?..

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:45 PM PST

    ...do I turn the plasma pistol into it ooor do I buy it already made?

    submitted by /u/tHUG_sWiZzLE801
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 on the Xbox Series X

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:08 AM PST

    Pros:

    You can actually go downtown without it crashing, with creation club content!

    Bethesda bugs that require a quit and restart still remain (footstep sounds missing, gun disappearing from hand, settler resource issues), but the loading takes less than a minute!

    The XSX is whisper quiet in spots where the Xbox One was wailing.

    Pretty sure it looks the same as it does on the Xbox One X, but compared to the Xbox One there is better distance rendering and looks better in general.

    Cons:

    Bethesda bugs still remain and do require workarounds to continue, lots of reloading to beds in survival

    90% of random encounters are still Automatron DLC related once ADA kills her attackers (I still have haven't talked to her, but got "Speak to the Robot" walking by BADFTL which started it)

    BOS Vertibirds cause slowdowns downtown, but I'm lead to believe that's the same on PC without mods.

    Overall 7/10, it'll work for me as someone who doesn't want to play on PC or with mods, but you're better off playing on PC with mods.

    submitted by /u/ThePuppyDogPants
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment