• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 4, 2020

    Fallout | I Feel Like Fusion Cores and Generators Were a Huge Missed Opportunity in FO4

    Fallout | I Feel Like Fusion Cores and Generators Were a Huge Missed Opportunity in FO4


    I Feel Like Fusion Cores and Generators Were a Huge Missed Opportunity in FO4

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:19 AM PST

    It would be awesome if pulling the FC from a generator had some effect on the building you were in. It could be as simple as some of the lighting being turned off, but it would be cool if it deactivated security or even left powered doors inaccessible. Alternatively you'd want to have one or two with you to activate dead generators.

    That way, finding one in a building would be more of an objective than just loot.

    submitted by /u/Thatparkjobin7A
    [link] [comments]

    Enough to make a grown man cry (almost) SPOILERS

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:19 AM PST

    SPOILERS

    I've never really liked fallout 4 right away, always played skyrim and when I tried this with the bullets and guns it was hectic.

    So I switched difficulty to easy after a year of letting it sit.

    And man what skyrim has for lore fallout has for emotions, kellog having a kid, a wife, life ruined, and likes having Shawn around in the end? Wow. Returning the boy in the fridge to his still living parents who love him as he is? Epic. Nick killing and going after Eddie Winter and then in the end talking about his old life and turning a new leaf twords one of his own accomplishments? Now that was the tear jerker right there.

    What can I say, going from 8 hours my first time playing to damn near 30, and just getting started still it feels, I think im really hooked on the game finally.

    submitted by /u/RandomPerson05
    [link] [comments]

    Had my first altercations with Feral ghouls in Fallout 3

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 02:42 AM PST

    Stumbled into Farragut West Metro station while trying to get to the Tepid Sewers for the Wasteland Survival Guide Chapter 2 quest and had my first altercations with Feral Ghouls.

    https://imgur.com/a/HLNXEzQ

    Here are some captures I took. Really like the Sneak Attack and Hotkeys. I'm glad I found a Sniper Rifle although I barely have any ammo as I only have like 22 .308 rounds total because the Roamer/Glowing one barely seem phased by the Hunting rifle or Silenced 10mm pistol.

    Reminder the Xbox One is my first console and this is my first video game so please refrain from spoilers.

    submitted by /u/CrisperLace8106
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas’s DLC story is the best story in the 3D fallout games. Agree or disagree?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:54 AM PST

    The title says it all. The fact that all four main DLC for New Vegas tell an interconnected story, and a damn good one at that, is my favorite part of New Vegas, and my favorite story in the 3D fallout games. From the filthy horror of the Sierra Madre to the Beautiful environment and pleasant experience of Zion, then to the zany but fascinating Big Empty, and finally to the true hellscape of The Divide, playing them in order makes for a wonderful roller coaster of experiences. All four have their distinct themes, but the common nature is bittersweet hope of played right.

    submitted by /u/Nerdthenord
    [link] [comments]

    FO3 has the best stealing mechanics

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:34 AM PST

    Karma is dumb but I love the fact that characters will notice your attempt and comment on it.

    I felt that it was too consequence-free in New Vegas and even more so in FO4, where there is no karma system.

    It's such a small part of the game but I hope Bethesda expands more on the mechanic. It seems to have regressed in the past few games.

    And as for FO76, the last time I played it, there were zero consequences to stealing right in front of the new human NPCs.

    submitted by /u/Ok-Inflation-2551
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true, that Fallout universe is a reflection of America's problematics?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:15 AM PST

    I came across this topic, and it caused me this question.

    I know that Fallout is american retrofuturism, but I always thought it was good... not only associated with America, its problems and fears. Personally, I felt, that all problems and stereotypes of that time existed only until moment when bombs fell. Then there is story of human survival, which has nothing to do with anything other than ordinary human values. And then it started to go madness for madness, because madness in games is fun... But it is this abrupt transition I don't understand at all. After all, personally thought that Fallout is a game about human values during a disaster, and not about crazy scientific experiments on people, just because torment people and create them into body horror it's fun.

    So I can't understand this game in any way. Then the main theme of the game is human values, then suddenly everything slides into a complete frenzy and I lose all the guidelines of behavior.

    I am not an american, but with a conditional Niberu. Therefore, if Fallout really hides some americans social problems, hints, and reveals problems and stereotypes, I do not see this at all. It seems to me, that this is a strange mix of social problems of all people, and a very strange retro scientic fantasy.

    However, I noticed that further game's atmosphere is shifting to toxic american patriotism, which player needs to fight, and main threat is again the Soviet USSR, because despite time line, there are more and more references to USSR has collapsed, and that it is now in alliance with China, and maybe even same thing, and sends spies and "evil russians" to America. This is somehow not at all combined with what was known earlier. It seems as if atmosphere series has shifted from retrofuturism 50s to times of the cold war with Russia and actions film with evil russians(communists).

    submitted by /u/Snoo_16147
    [link] [comments]

    What loot is possible to get from the factions before you have to choose one ? After that point, what becomes locked ? (Fallout 4)

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:31 PM PST

    I'm trying to decide which faction to side with, mostly between railroad and brotherhood, partly for the story but mostly because I can't decide or really figure out who has the best loot, especially after you choose one and have to lock yourself out of the possibility of getting others.

    submitted by /u/FestiveScrotum-
    [link] [comments]

    Grognak the Vault Dweller

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:53 AM PST

    So ages ago I completed a Fallout 4 playthrough on survival mode as a scout/sniper build. Completing the game on survival mode made me take a lot more time exploring and just generally taking things a lot slower and made me really appreciate the game.

    I've decided to have another round but this time going for melee. I must say, it is a completely different playthrough and I am having to take completely different approaches for areas and certain missions. That being said, it is absolutely incredible fun and I would highly recommend anyone not sure what to do for their next playthrough to give it a go. There is nothing more satisfying then bouncing around a group of enemies with your sledgehammer and grognak outfit and smacking them across the commonwealth. Time to see what area to explore next and workout how to get through those pesky Triggerman hiding Nick

    submitted by /u/justaboredgamer
    [link] [comments]

    What are some stories of the wasteland that stuck with you?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:01 AM PST

    What are some stories that emotionally stuck with you throughout the Fallout series? Perhaps an idea sparked in your mind. Perhaps you related to it to a personal level.

    submitted by /u/EchoFives0
    [link] [comments]

    Now that they're owned by Microsoft, what game engine should Bethesda use for future games from the other game companies that Microsoft has if Bethesda ever decides to stop using the Creation Engine?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:00 AM PST

    I wish Nick Valentine's reaction to the Mysterious Stranger could be pumped straight into my veins

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:55 AM PST

    Every single time I smile. I absolutely love it. On my playthroughs I make my build to ensure I see him as much as possible.

    submitted by /u/Johnykbr
    [link] [comments]

    Greener Jewel Recruitment post, November 4th

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:15 AM PST

    Hello Wasteland, it's been a while since we've had an update on the Greener Jewel. As always, our team has been hard at work making more content for us. Unfortunately, we aren't quite ready to show you what we've been cooking up, but you can hopefully expect to see it soon.

    This time for recruitment, we're in need of an interior cell designer, a terminal entry writer, a quest scripter , and anyone with retexture or modeling skills.

    If you believe you can contribute to the project, and don't have a skill listed here, feel free to message us here on Reddit in DM's, and audition. That's all for now folks, see you in the Greener Jewel.

    submitted by /u/8CladGamer2
    [link] [comments]

    Should i get the first 2 fallouts coming from 3 and above?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:15 AM PST

    Yeah i see the sticky post at the top of the sub, im still asking. Obviously i know the huge difference in gameplay between the first to games compared to 3. Ive played old games like the first 2 fallouts in terms of gameplay. But honestly im just wondering because if i bought them I don't want to buy something thats just going to bore me.

    submitted by /u/GoldFeatureExp
    [link] [comments]

    Who else is voting for John Henry Eden?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:16 AM PST

    I know I am. Let's make the wasteland great again!

    submitted by /u/FlabbyVaultBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Conflicted on who to choose between Brotherhood and Railroad

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:12 PM PST

    I'm currently sided with the brotherhood but I don't really like the way they treat Synths and Paladin Danse. Do they have anything that makes them worth staying with (weapons, armor, etc.) or should I go to the Railroad just for story ?

    submitted by /u/FestiveScrotum-
    [link] [comments]

    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS VAULT BOY

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:47 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/3qOI5zr

    I need to know which perk this

    submitted by /u/devinstinks
    [link] [comments]

    What should I get from brotherhood of steel before leaving ?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 11:26 PM PST

    I've worked my way up thru the brotherhood to the point where you have to either side with the railroad or attack them and I am going to the railroad because of how I want the story to play out. Is there anything I should make sure to get from the Brotherhood before I leave ?

    submitted by /u/FestiveScrotum-
    [link] [comments]

    My daughter and I have a bi-yearly tradition of playing Fo4 together. Unfortunately, bugs have killed our last 2 playthroughs so I'm rebuilding from scratch this time. Essential mod recommendations?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 12:32 PM PST

    Since the day Fallout 4 was released, my daughter and I have played the game from start to finish twice a year. Once, over her Christmas break, then, over her summer break. For the most part, she handles the pipboy and and heals and fast-travels and changes clothes and feeds us and tracks quests, I do the movement and combat. We make dialogue decisions together. We have fallout blankets we cuddle under and our fallout shirts and fallout jackets and she even has a fallout christmas sweater. It's a pretty awesome tradition, and finding ways to bond with your teenage daughter can be challenging.

    Unfortunately, the build we've been using has somehow gotten so buggy that we weren't able to complete it either of our last 2 playthroughs, so I'm finally deleting and reinstalling the game cutting down from 100-ish mods down to something closer to maybe 20-30.

    Can I use Vortex, or should I get a different mod manager? I need something that is easy to use.

    Which mods do you feel are absolutely essential? One of our favorite mods before was War for the Commonwealth, we loved how it made the world really come alive.

    We play Survival mode, so things that make the game more difficult are great. These are the mods we used last time. Someone told me that War of the Commonwealth and Scrap Everything were probably responsible for the game-breaking bugs that we ran into.

    Edit - Here are the majority of the mods we used for our last 2 playthroughs that resulted in game-breaking bugs: Armorsmith Extended, Autodoors, Auto Loot, Autosave Manager, Better Settlers, Commonwealth Cuts, Crafting Mastery, Def_ui, Enhanced Lights, Everyone's Best Friend, Full Dialogue Interface, Game Configuration Menu, Immersive Vendors, Improved Map w/ Visible Roads, Loads of Ammo, Insignificant Object Remover, Longer Power Lines, LooksMenu, Love to Craft - Legendary, Merchants Sell Weapon Mods, Mod Configuration Menu, More Where That Came From, moreXplore, No Aggro Impact Landing, No Mess, Old World Radio, PipBoy Flashlight, Quieter Settlements, Scrap Everything, Snappy Housekit,
    The Eyes of Beauty, Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch, Vertibird Jump, Valdacils Item Sorting, Vertibird Landing Zones, Vivid Fallout, War of the Commonwealth 1.4

    submitted by /u/EdwardianFallacy
    [link] [comments]

    Can't buy Old World Blues on Xbox One

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:43 AM PST

    Does anyone know why? I've bought all the other DLC's but when I click on OWB it say "Not Currently Available"

    submitted by /u/Ssamtastic
    [link] [comments]

    Game crashes when I press start.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:38 AM PST

    Hey, I recently bought Fallout4 on steam but won't start/launch or it crashes when I press start.

    My pc specs should be good enough: Intel Core i7-4720HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M & 16GB RAM.

    I verified the integrity of my files, I ran steam as an admin, verified if it was compatible and set my graphics to low.

    If anyone could help me with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated since it seems to be a very fun game.

    submitted by /u/Illuvatar9
    [link] [comments]

    New challenge proposal. The Malcom Holmes run.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:20 AM PST

    The challenge is simple when you begin a new game of fallout new Vegas you must add a sunset sasperilla star bottle cap to your inventory. This will spawn Malcom Holmes. If he talks to you, you lose the run and have to restart the game. Also if he dies while chasing you ,you have to restart the game. Since Malcom is faster than you while running fast travel is allowed but only to the nearest location or surrounding places. The goal is to finish as many quests as possible. If you finish a quest you gain 1 point. The more quests you finish the more paints you gain. The challenge will end if Malcom Catches you or you finish the battle of Hoover Dam.

    Please tell me what you think about the challenge and fell free to point out any flaws it could have for possible fine tuning.

    Note: I have not done this myself. It was a thought that I had and one I want to try for myself and share with the community.

    submitted by /u/Suggested_lunch
    [link] [comments]

    Giving automatons serial codenames?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 09:32 PM PST

    Hello again wastelanders vault dwellers and lone wanders alike i have a question for you today what would be some good serial code names for my automatons an example of a serial code name would be my assaultron K8-E (Katie) or my sentry protectron fusion D3-FNS (Defense) want to name all bots i biuld like this and i need some names to use

    submitted by /u/CoolSlimeBoi
    [link] [comments]

    American History Taught Me to Sell Drugs to Support My War Effort, and its Effective.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 04:21 PM PST

    Depending on perk selection, time in the Commonwealth collectively runs about 75% slower on average however the profit margins from Jet production are insane especially when you cut it with flamer fuel for that extra zip. Now its definitely going to have longstanding impacts on underprivileged communities and will wreak havoc on our criminal justice system for generations but if we are going to own the ruskies, I mean, Institute getting my people hooked on the drugs I am pushing and then penalizing them criminally for it is a worthy sacrifice. Still better than communism.

    submitted by /u/Ehudben-Gera
    [link] [comments]

    In-game icons not showing

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 02:49 AM PST

    Are those little icons that come up for things like critical hits, Idiot Savant proccing etc. attached to a line in the ini file as for some reason they aren't showing up in my game. At first I thought it was because I had a line in the ini to get rid of the tutorial boxes but it is still happening after I removed said line.

    I checked the game folder and the files are there, the game is just refusing to recognize them.

    submitted by /u/Zenom
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment