• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Fallout | Just started fallout 3 with my wife. We are sharing the role of "the wanderer" and it's going great.

    Fallout | Just started fallout 3 with my wife. We are sharing the role of "the wanderer" and it's going great.


    Just started fallout 3 with my wife. We are sharing the role of "the wanderer" and it's going great.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    We are about level 7 now and mulling over Megaton's fate. I've played this game many times and she has not gotten more than an hour in during earlier attempts. We are playing on her old 360 and it's the original game (no dlc) with obviously no mods

    I love it and recommend you play with a special someone if you get the chance. We are doing well because I can help with frustrating combat situations and watching her pick dialogue options I would never, is a lot of fun.

    It's a great bonding experience especially during times where staying home is best. I may know what's around almost every corner but watching her play and be surprised by fire ants, talon mercs or a talking tree is something I'm really going to enjoy.

    submitted by /u/hydersturka
    [link] [comments]

    Leaving a fusion core in your power armor is like leaving your keys in your running car, change my mind.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    Should Fallout 5 bring back skill checks?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    I've gone back and forth on this issue but at the end of the day I think I prefer not having them.

    So in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, there are tons of checks involving skills from explosives to repair. It offers some cool characterization options, like playing someone who is a repairman or scientist.

    The main problem I've found with it, after re-playing New Vegas last year, is that I don't want to miss out on certain content so I just buff the skills I need for specific skill checks. Now, I do the same for FO4 with charisma checks but it feels less bad since it's just one thing.

    Is there a way to allow for cool characteristics without players losing out on content if they don't have high repair or something? Perhaps having multiple options or a different system in place entirely?

    submitted by /u/neon-box
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone actually side with Covenant in "Human Error?"

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Spoilers for the quest "Human Error" and some minor worldbuilding.

    The Quest starts off on a really good note. A Merc by the name of "Honest Dan" pulls us aside and says he's doing a small investigation to find out what happened to a trading caravan. And even right from the start there's something aloof about this whole place, compared to the other places we've been previously at that point. The fact we have to take a psychological test to even enter the premises is weird enough, but now no one seems to know an Atomdammit thing about a caravan that was shot up?

    Well I do love a good mystery. So needless to say I'm invested.

    After some poking around and asking the right questions, we find out what Covenant is really up to. They are trying to root out synths from the populace, to torture and kill them, and that suspected synths are being held in a place called "The Compound."

    But as we make our way toward the exit of Covenant, the mayor approaches us and offers us a bribe to turn the other cheek.

    However this is where the quest kind of falls apart IMO.

    I like the idea of the bribe, but in all honesty who's really gonna accept it? A measly 100 caps? while you can argue caps is caps and it doesn't matter how you get them, at the same time the bribe has to actually be worth it, or the very least enticing. 500 or 1000 caps would definitely make the choice a lot harder. Do what's good, or look away for a sizable profit?

    While people who tend to lean toward evil playthroughs would take the bribe no problem, it just doesn't really feel like a proper bribe or at least justifiable in some way. I mean really the chances on why your probably accepting the bribe is to get some positive affinity with either Cait, MacCready, or X6-88. Otherwise depending on the companion (if any) your probably gonna decline the bribe or try and get the most money out of him, which even then isn't all that much.

    Then once you get to the compound, one way or another, you get a kinda interesting shooting gallery or you can flat out ignore it. Assuming your Charisma is high enough when you talk to Manny. Then there is the entire "Conversation" with the doctor at the end of the dungeon.

    While I love moral ambiguity, and believe that nothing is truly black and white, the way the quest presents its "Dilemmas" are quite poor.

    For starters, They don't seem any different then anti-institute and anti-synth movements and philosophies that many of the commonwealth folk share. And we are also shown that their motivations aren't exactly ambiguous.

    The SAFE test was designed to find synths among the populace, which has worked. But we are also told that it's not always accurate, and that it has shown to have false positives. Which leads us to assume that several innocent people, since it's inception have been tortured and killed because this test said they were synth.

    Not to mention they've come across several Railroad memory wiped synths and from my recollection don't seem to care at all. And are willing to kill Amelia Stockton on the premise of being an institute synth, whether it's true or not.

    While the compound has somewhat good reasons for it's test and wanting to stop institute infiltration, we are shown that it has been anything but successful. I personally feel like if you wanted to instill a moral dilemma in the player, they need to be shown that it's not really as black and white as you think. Perhaps if we had been given more holotapes, or letters that actually document them successfully capturing Synth spies, and either perhaps handing them off to the railroad to be reprogrammed, or that they released the ones that were false positives, we might have been given more incentive to actually agree with their philosophy.

    It's part of the reason why a lot of my playthroughs end up being good karma runs because simply put there's not enough moral ambiguity to justify evil actions. I am genuinely curious as to who really does side with Covenant? If anyone?

    submitted by /u/DexxToress
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 has the most disappointing dialogue system.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    Replaying through Fallout 4 for maybe the 4th time, and I have to say that I forgot how poor and disappointing the dialogue was in comparison to all the previous games. Fallout 2 and NV in particular had some really memorable and interesting roads you could go down depending on what stats and perks you had chosen prior. Even Fallout 3 had some really unique moments that made the game feel like my character was MY character, instead of some sarcastic guy or girl. I know I'm not alone but do a lot of people feel this way or am I just picky?

    submitted by /u/Ayoade1984
    [link] [comments]

    Honestly it sucks that the enemies in the divide don't let you go after finishing it

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Like the slides made it obvious that the marked men and tunnelers thought of you as such a thundercock chad that both of them moved the fuck away when they saw you

    submitted by /u/Eisenhower_is_dad
    [link] [comments]

    Man i hate THOSE!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Like I love a lot of Fallout 3, but that Quest really irritates me, it's mainly because I place stealthy, so when they force you into an enclosed space with a whole bunch of high damage ants it really kicks my ass and it's always so early in the game too, most of the time I end up running out of ammo before actually finishing it, because I underestimate how many bullets each of these ants can soak. Okay that was it, just my little mini rant

    submitted by /u/dodhe7441
    [link] [comments]

    The Morality of Humanity: Man vs. Machine

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    After thousands of hours playing Fallout 4, I finally gave Far Harbor a shot.

    I never thought something could have flipped my stance on something like Synths. I was never a BoS fan, I was never a Synth sympathizer. I always had pride in being in the middle, constantly on the fence between real life morality and the game world morality. I assumed when you are dealing with two different universes, times and things would change. If I was in the Commonwealth, and that was my world as we I knew it, I would understand the horror of the Institute, but empathize with people like Nick or Paladin Danse. In the real world, I personally would never see a machine as the same as human.

    They are fundamentally apart.

    But then I discovered Acadia.

    DiMAs dialogue explaining things was breathtaking. The very ground I stood on was shaken to pieces. "Think about what you're saying. Isn't the human body just a machine? That doesn't stop it from being human." stuck with me. Later, you do a quest for his co-founder, Chase. You track down a Synth that got caught and butchered by trappers for "meat". Meaning third-gen Synths have not only human "looking' bodies, but organs, brains, cells, blood.

    So what are your thoughts considering that, effectively, does that just make it an artificially born human at that point? What is the difference between a biologically lab created humanoid that resembles the human body down to the cells? Or is a machine a machine in your eyes and you disagree with DiMA?

    Lets discuss.

    https://imgur.com/a/XYrIxKM

    submitted by /u/SassMasterRecon
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4: I can't decide whose side to take

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Spoilers, of course.

    I added all the mods, I've been playing for hundreds of hours. I'm never going to play this again. Here I am at the end and the Railroad and the Institute want me to destroy each other. I have to pick which one I want to survive and I have a huge moral dilemma. The institute is the last part of human high culture and technology, but the Railroad meets my ideals of freedom and justice. I've turned off the game for two days to think about whose side I will take.

    I'm not looking for advice here, I just want to point out that it's the first time I've ever had a video game make me turn it off so that I could think over a choice I'm about to make. Great game.

    submitted by /u/PostsNDPStuff
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Sergeant RL-3

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    So after I got captured by the enclave, my companions left, problem is I don't know where RL-3 went, Does anyone know where he goes when he is dismissed? Thanks

    submitted by /u/TheAnimeMemer
    [link] [comments]

    i just got out of vegas and go to part 3, how are these games different from each other? or are they almost the same?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    Anyone selling the Witch Costume?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    I play on xbox one and me and my partner have been server hopping for hours trying to find the dead trick or treater to no avail. Is anyone selling the costume? (76)

    submitted by /u/trashfozzy
    [link] [comments]

    Really or vision?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    So I have started playing FNV for the first time, I just finished the Dead Money DLC. Is it really or a vision? I've looked everywhere online and can't find anything, how does everyone at the vila get there, how does Dog/God come back and forever if he is the one that drags the body? I dunno I'm really frustrated I can't figure this out hope someone can help thank you in advanced!

    submitted by /u/DCornOnline
    [link] [comments]

    Before I play the original Fallout

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    After thousands of hours played between Fallout 3, NV, 4 and 76, I'm finally starting a playthrough of the first Fallout game. I just wanted to know if there's any mods you guys would recommend that dont change the gameplay or feeling of the game but would make the experience more enjoyable. I'm aware it's a different style of game gameplay wise and I'm prepared for that, but is there any big fixes etc that are a must to install beforehand

    submitted by /u/DickusTheHole
    [link] [comments]

    Hear me out: Far Harbor should've been Fallout 4's last DLC

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    First things first, I don't mean that they should've stopped after Far Harbor, I mean that it should've been released last.

    The game had what I would consider 3 proper DLCs (the ones with stories) and 3 addons (the ones with furniture, one of which should've been Wasteland Warfare and added guns instead pinball machines). Automatron is a little short, but it's a story and the robots are cool and a great junk sink.

    Automatron came first, and that makes sense since its smaller, and you can use the stuff it gives you going into the other two. However I don't think that Far Harbor should've been second and that Nuka-world should've been last, because I feel that Nuka World, while fun, doesn't do nearly as good a job at bookending the story as Far Harbor.

    If you look at New Vegas, you had three side DLC's that built up a little foreshadowing to Lonesome Road, and then as the last one, the grand finale, you had Lonesome Road, which used the fact that Ulysses had at one point pretended to be a courier to generate some kind of fake symbolic connection, even though couriering isn't really a major part of the game. But still, they saved the big dramatic one which ties into the main plot of the game for last.

    But with 4, you have Nuka World as the finish. Nuka World is fun, but it has jack all to do with anything. You can lead some raiders, but the raiders don't have anything to do with the conflict of the main game, and also you're probably just going to kill them if you've been a good person this whole time, which may among us have complained 4 basically forces you to do. (If I had to rewrite it you'd at least have to play along with the raiders until you could spring some sort of trap with the Minutemen and have them take over the park, thus securing the 'Wealth an unlimited supply of antelopes. You could've justified it by saying that if you rebel, they'll just kill all of the slaves with the bomb collars, because that's what the bomb collars are for.) So, Nuka World, while it has a fun setting, doesn't have enough story depth to serve as the conclusion to anything.

    Far Harbor, on the other hand, Is a perfect bookend. It expands upon the story of the synths, while also dealing with a lot of unanswered questions, like "what would happen if the synths made their own civilization" and "is it ever okay to replace someone with a synth". It also builds on the story of Nick Valentine, much like Lonesome Road built on ED-E, which put even more focus on the best character in Fallout 4 , while also dealing with his backstory and his nature as a synth and using him as a foil for Dima. It also has a great three faction conflict going on, with all sides having some good and some bad, and none of them liking or trusting each other.

    The Children of Atom, though kind of crazy, have a lot of people who genuinely care about each other, one quest has you go to a guy who's been fasting for too long and get him to eat something because his friend was worried about him, and one of the guard dudes joined because they were the only ones who actually helped him when he got hurt, so they've actually got some depth as people under all of the culty-ness. The Islanders are just some people trying to survive on a really dangerous island, with tons of monsters and two factions who might try and kill them at any time, but they still manage to be mostly decent and upstanding people. And then you have the synths and DiMA, who is easily one of the best written characters in the Fallout series, with his creation of plans to kill everyone on the island combined with his removal of the memories of how to do it, he's somehow ruthless yet kind, willing to do anything to protect his people, but only out a genuine desire to protect them when no one else will, with no malice whatsoever. The Institute might be poorly written themselves, but they certainly know how to make well written robots.

    And then, after your character had to destroy two factions (one if you pick the minutemen ending, but since that requires not doing the quests the way you're told, most player probably didn't get it the first time around) just so the third could survive, you're given a chance to bring peace to all of them, if, and only if, you're willing to replace someone with a synth, which was previously established as one of the worst things that the Institute did, as well as something DiMA did to protect his people before. And I personally leapt at the chance to make peace this time, no matter what it took, because I didn't want the level of blood on my hands that you have from the main game. It's like the main conflict, only it plays out slightly differently, and your character can do something they couldn't before, which makes it feel like the real end of a character arc. And that's good bookending.

    It's basically the perfect bookend and conclusion to the story, only they put it in the middle of the DLC, where it didn't belong. End on a high note people! You already made the high note! You should've just ended on it!

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout novel interest?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    I am writing a fallout novel atm. Just wondering what the interest is like? It has all new characters but is full of references to the games & world.

    submitted by /u/RSKhanwriter13
    [link] [comments]

    Which perk card is this?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    [FNV] How do you calculate HP?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    I am so confused about this.

    My Endurance is 4.
    I want to know how to calculate the base HP and end game HP stat without perks.

    submitted by /u/Geraldbals
    [link] [comments]

    Missing Endings for Fallout 2?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    So to keep it short, I just finally after all these years beat Fallout 2 for the first time, completely baseline, meaning no killaps thing or the restoration mod. I have not modded the game or installed anything other the main file straight from Steam. And unfortunately, did not get some of the ending slides despite actually performing the quests as needed and even keeping certain NP's alive. Such endings are;

    - Marcus' ending, despite him still living and in the party.

    - Harold's survival ending, as he is still alive and able to talk to me in Gecko.

    - The Enclave ending slide, despite me killing Richardson.

    - The Vault 13 genocide that " I caused " somehow.

    And I believe the Gecko ending where they are suppose to thrive as Vault City weakens, and yet the ending I got was that Gecko ultimately fell under VC and became slaves.

    So I dont know why this is, and I think I'm also missing the slide about the Elder dying peacefully even though she survived the oil rig. Any ideas? I absolutely loved the game and its a cult classic for a reason, but I just couldnt seem to trigger the endings I wanted and it left me really disappointed. Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/CasperTheGhoul
    [link] [comments]

    [Fo4] Fairly new to modding and cannot get game to detect mods

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    So I recently got a bundle on Steam that had basically every Bethesda game from Morrowind onward, and decided to give Fallout 4 a shot since I have never played it. I am trying to load some mods onto it (just a few QoL ones to change stuff that clearly sounds like it would become annoying, as I am fairly new to modding) and the game just will not detect them. I tried Nexus mod loader: but it did not work, and I tried doing it manually by editing the .ini's and placing the mods in the both the "Mods" folder and putting them in the "Data" folder. Everything I have tried just either makes it not detect the mods, or crash. The mods do not change the game or show up in the in-game mods list. I've already had to repair the download like 3 times, and just had to straight reinstall it twice.

    The only possibly important detail I can figure out myself at this point is that I have directed all my games onto the D drive because my C drive is tiny and running out of space, and F4 still shoves some saves and a few other files into the C drive and I have no clue how to change their location. I installed Steam itself and directed all installations to the D drive, but it always shoves a few files into "My Documents" on the C drive for some reason when I download F4. I am doing another fresh install right now just to make sure everything is back to normal, as verifying the integrity of the game files did not fix whatever I messed up this time, but I am at my wits end on the subject as the most complicated modding I have done were like a few Starbound mods.

    At the moment I am re-installing the game and it should be done in a little less than 4 hours of posting this.

    submitted by /u/Pontifex-Magpie
    [link] [comments]

    My Fallout: New Vegas Snow Globe How-To, DIY, Tutorial, Instructional Guide (Youtube Link)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    View here: https://youtu.be/LpF1Z1LJJuw

    This will be part of my Documentary about visiting Las Vegas and leaving behind Snow Globes. You can read about my trip here: https://imgur.com/gallery/3ooQk2Y

    The Documentary will be released when it is done. Thanks for viewing

    submitted by /u/mafnxxx
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Nuka World where you can get infinite Nuka Nola

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    I remember the first time I played through Nuka World I found a conveyor belt that spawned infinite Nuka cola and Nuka cola quantium and I can't remember where that is can anyone help.

    submitted by /u/Xateo_
    [link] [comments]

    Sunny Smiles/Radio New Vegas glitch.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    So I started a new playthrough of New Vegas and every time I talk to Sunny Smiles behind the Prospector Saloon it stops the radio from playing on the music channels and it won't start again (only two exempt from this are Happy Trails and Sierra Madre broadcasts), even if I have a channel selected it won't play music. Any ideas how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/MCCreeperkiller
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment