• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Fallout | It really sucks to say goodbye to something that you love. I feel like saying it out loud will at least give me some closure. Goodbye, Fallout 4.

    Fallout | It really sucks to say goodbye to something that you love. I feel like saying it out loud will at least give me some closure. Goodbye, Fallout 4.


    It really sucks to say goodbye to something that you love. I feel like saying it out loud will at least give me some closure. Goodbye, Fallout 4.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    Fallout 4 changed my life. It's hard to explain why. It just did something for me. It isn't the best game I've ever played, nor the one that has changed ME the most. But it's the only game that I could play for thousands of hours and not get bored. It feels like home to me. I don't have a great relationship with family and I've always struggled with mental illness so I needed something to make me feel safe back when I was 13.

    Fallout 4 had a world that simultaneously made me feel vulnerable, and like a hero, and most importantly it had a beautiful world compared to it's predecessors. The world added to that feeling of home, mixing together aesthetics that I already loved, and a message that already resonated with me. NV's brown, Fo3's green... just never did it for me.

    I could go on and on abt my love of Fallout 4. I remember my first moments playing it and my last. I remember hitting all the big story beats the first time... still never did an institute playthrough. I can't get it out all here. I know I sound like a loser, but it isn't just being too attached to videogame. It's what the video game represents, the feelings it brought me back to, and the memories that matter.

    Long story short, the mental illness I mentioned before got worse. This was actually the thing that got me a specific diagnosis, and not just a doctor to tell my parents "hey man ur kid is p fucked lol" (i had a shitty family doctor).

    I have really extremely bad OCD, worsened by it's interactions with ADHD. Both biological from my Dad"s side, but I'm by far the worst.

    One day 2 years ago now, I got a PS4. It's important to clarify that before this I'd only ever played Fallout on a laptop I bought at age 9 with my own saved money. It was only a 400 laptop as is, and I got p much scammed on it. I'd never played Fallout (or any other game) in higher than 15 frames per second.

    First game I bought for this PS4 was Fallout 4. Finally I could play on a bigger screen with better graphics and a solid frame rate. However that didn't work. My first play through, crossing the bridge into downtown Boston, and I noticed a little graphical tick occurs when you combine certain weapons and armors. This ruined the game for me. Most ppl would never notice or get right by it, and I'd never noticed on my small laptop screen. But this was a big deal for me.

    I got to Diamond City before I had to turn the game off. I literally started to develop a headache from trying to stop myself from staring only at the little graphical issue. And because of the nature of OCD, "just don't wear that armor" and "just don't use that weapon" doesn't work. It ruins the whole game for me. Takes me out of it, puts me in a bad mood, gives me tension headaches. It isn't something I can control. I've tried approx 15 times since to play the game. The farthest I ever got was the Kellogg fight and by that point I was near panic attack.

    It doesn't look like there will ever be a way I can play Fallout 4 again. The game that made me feel safe from my mental health and family issues was ruined by a mental health issue that runs in the family. Ironic. I miss the game like crazy. I still think about it all the time. I wish I could go back. But I can't.

    I'd like to thank you all for being such a great community. You've all always been great. The art, the discussion. I live for it.

    However NV and 3 got old, 1 and 2 didn't hold my attention, I quit 76, and 4 will never be playable again for me. This is the end of my time as a Fallout community member. I wish it wasn't.

    Thanks for letting me get that out there. Hopefully it brings some catharsis. Love y'all.

    submitted by /u/EvanFromMars
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Horror Mods

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    Looking for the scariest (serious) mods for Fallout 4.

    1. Whispering Hills
    2. True Storms
    3. Zombie Walkers
    4. Darker nights
    5. Vault Buddy

    What I currently have, and they're spooky but I'm going for even more intense to add onto these. Does anyone know of a set? I'm not looking for anything that's going to say paint the world in a grey-tone, or make the U.I grainy etc.

    submitted by /u/JayTrim
    [link] [comments]

    I really hope the next Fallout is in Chicago

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    The chance to interact with the Enclave again is already good enough for me.

    submitted by /u/MiavRack
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE STAND BY (Keyboard fanart!)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    Hi Dwellers! I make keycaps for mechanical keyboards and recently I decided to show some love to FO3 :) Check it out here!

    submitted by /u/s0l0Kill
    [link] [comments]

    Is this just a Mandela effect? (Fallout 4)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    I used to think the TVs raised happiness and played the old commercials of fallout 3? Am I doing something wrong? It just displays a "Please stand by" thing.

    submitted by /u/Scolville0
    [link] [comments]

    I'm currently the overboss in Nuka World dlc. I came across a team of pack raiders in the wild with like 4 legendary items so I killed them and looted their bodies. Is there any reason why killing friendly raiders in the wild is bad? I don't want the pack raider faction to hate me.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/sbufish
    [link] [comments]

    The best crop in the game

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    So you probably know this already but Mutfruit is the best crop in fallout 4 because unlike the 0.5 the other crops gives you, Mutfruit has 1.0 instead so you can use it to make easy food for a settlement.

    submitted by /u/Whowillblameme
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 where to get better armor

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    I'm level 17 and I am having trouble finding good armor I have been using normal metal armor and I've found sturdy raider armor but it's not good. Here's the armor I am currently wearing asbestos lined fiberglass combat armor, armored news boy Mk, fortifying polishes right arm,heavy polished metal left leg, army fatigues mk3, polished metal right leg, sturdy bustressed raider left arm. This all adds up to 226 ballistic and 213 energy, I have all dlc and I was thinking about getting robot armor but idk what level they spawn at.

    submitted by /u/thiccccccccboi42069
    [link] [comments]

    Any Good documentaries on the making of Fallout New Vegas?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    Particularly ones that explore the troubles they faced, i'm currently watching the one which talks about the general making of, which is cool, but I wanna know the gritty 😂 watched one about Astroneer yesterday and now my curiosity into the complicated behind-the-scenes of the gaming industry is peaked. In fact any good docs you peeps might know about I'd appreciate, I just remember hearing about New Vegas had a shitty time under Bethesda's thumb.

    submitted by /u/ForYou262
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good idea to install all of FO4s dlc from the start?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    I got the GOTY edition and I was wondering if adding the dlc before I start would change the difficulty. I did the same with FO3 and once I got to a certain level I would encounter a lot of super mutant overlords and feral reavers in base game areas. I once ran into an army of super mutant overlords in a building, coming at me all at once killing me in a second. The game was still doable but just more time consuming since they were all bullet sponges.

    submitted by /u/Deim0s9
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with a BOS build

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Should i download all the dlc’s or should i do one dlc and Then jump to another one

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    Why are my gorillas making VERY loud noises, (Sanctuary Hills)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    They Keep making loud generator like noises that break the game, is it because I'm at the build limit? But why the gorilla

    submitted by /u/Scolville0
    [link] [comments]

    What other games should I check out if I like FO4 Survival mode?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    I understand fallout is unique, seeing if anyone can enlighten me on some similar games. I really enjoy how bullets deal a lot of damage to enemies as well as you can die easily. I also like the punishing save mechanic, as well as how looting feels necessary.

    Looking forward to seeing what y'all have to say!

    submitted by /u/persiankush
    [link] [comments]

    i waste my money on good things

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    I decided to buy fallout new vegas at walmart for xbox even tho i have it for everything else. Time to have fun the good way

    submitted by /u/kingofkings0809
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 - Suggest me some good clothes mods (non-slutty)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    looking for more lore-friendly clothing variety without getting slutty (searched on nexus and got nothing but pages of tits :/ )

    also if anybody knows a mod that lets me wear armour on more clothing types that would be nice too (sooo many clothes dont stack with armour)

    would also prefer non-f4se, i have trouble running it

    thx!

    submitted by /u/Mr-Bandit00
    [link] [comments]

    Settlement Happiness

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    What is the best way to make your settlers happy? I've tried all the buildable things to make them but but their happiness still doesn't go up it instead goes down. So please anyone, how do I make them happier?

    submitted by /u/kiborf
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a custom companion in the GECK.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    Basically I want to make a companion, but I have a custom mesh and texture files that I want the companion to be. I don't want it to be a normal human. I have the textures of the head/body/ect. All I need to know is how to import the creature in the GECK, because all I see is people doing tutorials on copying already used human NPC's In the game. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/RedMfBackpack
    [link] [comments]

    Benevolent Leader

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    So I'm a trophy collector and fallout 4 is my favourite game but I still haven't got the benevolent leader trophy I've used oxhorns happiness calculator I've tried putting one person in a settlement giving them food and water and assigning them to a clinic I've tried winging it and just trying to make my settlers happy myself but I just can't get the trophy any help is appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/DaGamerGhost
    [link] [comments]

    Please help, game crashing and trying to use mods

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    I'm getting so frustrated and I can't tell what if anything I'm even doing right. I'm trying to play the game with some mods from nexus through vortex. One for example is the better locational damage mod, which actually has a ridiculous amount of parts to it so I have like 25 "active mods" on the game that it shows so far. Whenever I try to play the game it crashes seconds after I press play and I just don't even know what I'm doing wrong or what I should do, and any help would be appreciated. It's been at least an hour and I didn't figure that it would be this hard as I've modded other games before, and those mods didn't have a million other parts to it so I'm just really confused

    submitted by /u/Salubrious_Zabrak
    [link] [comments]

    I’m playing fallout 4 and I need help I try to talk to companion to get them to follow me and I can’t talk to them someone plz help

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    So my dad the other day was talking about how movies are bound to be having Drone center kids movies.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    As in like companion/buddy films. And he was talking about plots and stuff and I butted in with they should make one called "Ralphie" and I even added in the "fly far! Fly fast!"

    submitted by /u/Gingersnap5322
    [link] [comments]

    Replayed Fallout as Institute Minuteman character

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    It's been a couple years since i last played FO4 and I noticed an interesting dichotomy with the institute post game. The game seems to imply that the institute will do 2 mutually exclusive things, both hide underground and have firm control over commonwealth.

    It stems from this idea that the surface dwellers will die out, even X6 thinks it will happen. The speech the Sole Survivor gives towards the end of the game also implies that the world above ground will cease to exist. Yet the institute is much more out and about post game, holding check points, walking around diamond city. At one point with X6 affinity, he can mention that the Sole Survivor should not ignore what remains of the BOS and Railroad (though i find it quite annoying that the Sole Survivor can't punish Patriot). That leaving them alone will result in them getting stronger.

    X6 is fully right on that, but what is especially concerning is why does the institute think the commonwealth will die? They must know about the NCR as Kellogg was from the NCR. They know about the capital wasteland, and imo Boston is much more livable than the Capital Wasteland. There is no evidence that the above ground will naturally die. The institute also takes no actions to commit genocide either. The speech even mentions that the institute wants to leave people alone and be left alone. Such action would honestly only strengthen the BOS and RR as well.

    Finally we come to one of the more interesting parts of playing an Institute character. They can side with either the Minutemen or Raiders without conflict. These two groups, through different means, actively want to keep the commonwealth alive. The Institute acts like the above ground will magically die off when that is just not likely. Unless the Sole Survivor skips the MM and either ignores Nuka World or does Open season, and even then that just keeps the status quo from the beginning of the game.

    If Bethesda ever decides to make the Institute ending canon, by far the smartest thing the Institute could do is continue to be more involved in the commonwealth. The Director, as either Boss or General, can create deals with btwn both sides and the commonwealth could easily become an area as strong as the NCR or the Legion. MM or the NW Raiders would protect the roads from other raiders, and the demand for high tech will give the institute plenty of new projects to work on (I am just pointing out that it makes logical sense for the Sole Survivor to care about all factions they lead. IDK what the deals would look like, just that it'd be kinda silly for the Sole Survivor to control two factions that dislike each other and not try to fix that).

    The commonwealth shows no signs in game of dying, for a group of scientists, to think that it would is the dumbest thing they could do. Especially when they need to solidify their power over the commonwealth to prevent the BOS and RR from regaining strength

    submitted by /u/Wafelze
    [link] [comments]

    A Convict In Fallout New Vegas Refuses To Shoot Me.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    While running around in fallout NV I found a convict in Primm. He had a hostage next to him, and I was an "nuisance" whenever I encountered crooks like him. He did not attack me. He just sat there reminiscing. He even said howdy. I proceeded to set the hostage free and he still did not care. So whether he was drunk or perfectly sober. He truly is, a good man.

    submitted by /u/SonicJoeyGaming
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment