• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    Fallout | Is Caesar's knowledge of Rome utterly shit or am I missing something here?

    Fallout | Is Caesar's knowledge of Rome utterly shit or am I missing something here?


    Is Caesar's knowledge of Rome utterly shit or am I missing something here?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    When we first meet Caesar, he says he chose Imperial Rome as a society to replicate. He is right when he mentions that Rome was imperialistic and militaristic, it certainly was. But looking at the legion camp... it doesn't seem Roman at all. Imperial Rome was in some aspects, the exact opposite of Caesar's ideal society: decadent, technologically advanced (for the time) etc. The military doesn't employ Roman tactics, it isn't paticularly smart. It's just a dick measuring contest over who can kill the most NCR troops with your bare hands.

    I feel like most Ancient Romans would look at the legion and see them as a load of barbaric pigs. Of course, we haven't actually seen the east. Perhaps Caesar has built Nova Roma there in all it's glory, and all we see in game is the military aspect. But from what we've heard from and seen of the legion I don't see that at all. Can someone explain this to me?

    submitted by /u/GalacticPug07
    [link] [comments]

    My dad and I built a PC in the Fallout 4 Pipboy case.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    A Theory(probably dumb one)on who the vault 11 surviver is.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    There is a very strange man in Novac,named no-bark Noonan,who is a bit(understatement) crazy who apparently remembers who Lenin was and is a self proclaimed "scientist",now let's talk about vault 11,most of this is a story for another time,but all you need to know for this theory is that one guy survived and left the vault after seeing all the chaos,suicide and murder that happened,now the vault 11 survivor and no bark here have the same voice actor and he no bark claims to have been stung by radscorpions (which is why his brain is so messed up) and those can be found directly outside of vault 11,which novac is also not very far from novac as well,and back to the Lenin point,Noonan would probably have to have a higher education to know who Lenin was,maybe a education from a vault,per say,but there's also the fact he has a vault-Tec poster in his shack

    So I propose the vault 11 Surivor is no-bark Noonan

    submitted by /u/-G_I-Bro-
    [link] [comments]

    Why Fallout 5 should be set in Mid-America about the Mississippi River and Caravan Routes

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    The two bridges that cross the river in Memphis could be the main plot point in the story. I go into more detail in the video I made if anyone's interested here's the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFrLS8Hz2g&t

    submitted by /u/Choicefanman
    [link] [comments]

    An alternative story in Fallout 4

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    Did you ever notice that if you don't answer the door in Fallout 4 then the game is just you spending a beautiful morning with your loving family?

    submitted by /u/Spartanwildcats2018
    [link] [comments]

    I might be late but I just discovered that in Fallout 4, your character side-eyes their companion depending on where they're standing.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    If your companion is on your left and you turn your camera 3rd person, your character's eye will shift to their left, and same for the right. I've been playing this game on/off since it came out and I just randomly noticed it.

    submitted by /u/king_krims0n
    [link] [comments]

    A weird glitch with the "A new dawn" quest in fallout 4

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    I've been having this weird glitch with one of the main quest called "A new dawn" where the game won't let me fast travel to the prydwen after blowing up the institute even though that's what the description of the quest says. Is here something else that i have to to do that i don't know about or is this an actual glitch with the game? (It happens every time i try to re-load the save.)

    submitted by /u/Fungusamongus27
    [link] [comments]

    I think when I play new Vegas I'm to stubborn to side with any factions.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    So here's how a typical playthrough would go for me, I would start with high intelligence and charisma then I would focus on speech, barter, repair, guns, energy weapons and medical they would make up the bulk of my skills. After I've got a few levels in them I would focus on leveling stealth, So I start my journey nothing particularly interesting happens besides picking up boone and hoarding shit tons of loot because I use hoarder and selling stacks of it along the way, then I get to Vegas and my plan goes into action, i pass the lucky 38 get benny into bed and snap his neck with the super secret vagina move, im pretty sure its just snapping his neck with my thighs, then I rush over to the lucky 38 and tell house no i won't give you the chip suck it, then I run for the terminal, kill him and laugh about it. In all seriousness I like house, he is interesting but he acts like he is the one with the grand plan, shut up and follow him, I can't stand being told what to do so I get him out of the picture. The next step to my plan is to head to the Fort ignore ceasar and his plan, I use the technology and power the robots and outright tell ceasar I'm not going to work for you, at that point he threatens me to have his praetorians hack me apart why he doesn't follow threw I don't know it would have been a pretty awesome secret ending for getting too cocky. So I leave and from this point on i get rich and complete all side quests plus most dlc, then I come back with boone when we are op and fuck ceasar up because he's a prick, in all serious i think ceasar is pretty interesting aswell but I'm not going to be a slaver lol. At this point I have done most of everything except the lonesome Road I save it to last because I love it and I blow the shit clean out of the legion and ncr because let's be honest the both couldn't survive, the ncr is corrupt and the legion can fuck off no one wants a life of misery. I have played this game for years and I keep coming the same conclusion none of these people have the best interests for Vegas, we are better off rebuild together and leaving old world ideology behind, everyone should come together as a group in Vegas and turn it into a home for people who are willing to survive for each other and not be gready. Anyway thats how I would hopefully save Vegas start a new faction that would distribute the water to the people and everyone who is willing to work as part of a community would have a place.

    submitted by /u/Rachelgamingchick
    [link] [comments]

    Tematic elements of new vegas

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Maybe this sounds a bit too metal gear, but id like an opinion on this subject. Is it possible that new vegas is, in some small part, a commentary about how a common cultural identity can unite people. Ive seen a lot of memes calling groups in the mojave "cosplaying LARPers", which is certainly true but, I feel like theres more to it. Ceasers legion dresses his people in skirts and armor like roman soldiers, and inducts them into the cult of Mars, the NCR mimics the old world government, the kings emulate Elvis. Every group in new vegas has some "theme" to their group, and that theme, brings them together as one whole unit. I think that what the game is trying to say with all the tribes, gangs, and governments is: people need some common identifier to unify around, be it religion, government, or in the case of most of the Mojave, a similar costume. I hope this all makes sense.

    submitted by /u/hypersucc
    [link] [comments]

    Haunted Hills (FO4)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    Forgive me if this is the wrong subreddit, but I wanted to share my new mod for Fallout 4 here:

    PS4: https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/4181536

    It's on all platforms!

    PC: https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/4181540

    XB1:https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/4181541

    submitted by /u/seabass559
    [link] [comments]

    What is the play style that you will always prefer? (3,NV,4)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    I try a lot of builds over the years but i will always go back to Sneak Archer....i mean Sneaky Sniper

    submitted by /u/MyHentaiGirl
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with a mod

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    So I use the Omega mod on PS4 And I have one question. How the hell do I use the companion love serum!?

    submitted by /u/Whowillblameme
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Freecam

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    Hey im sorry i know this is probably a VERY dumb question but i cant find any videos over it, ive been doing youtube for a while but my internet isnt good anymore so i can play fps games so i wanted to make some cinematics for intros into my fallout 4 videos but i cant seem to find the right commands to go freecam while still seeing your person and pausing your character as well

    submitted by /u/Zephyrus_-
    [link] [comments]

    How do you think the Wasteland was 10 years after the bombs fell?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    What factions would be there?

    Would people still know anything about the Old World?

    What kind of creatures would exist?

    What would be the most dangerous thing out there?

    What differences would we see in a 10yo wasteland from a 200yo wasteland?

    submitted by /u/Kings_Dont_Fap
    [link] [comments]

    Did the UK have vaults? If not, did any other countries have vaults?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    Which countries have vaults???

    submitted by /u/GeoGuru32
    [link] [comments]

    Getting FO1 to run in DOSbox

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Lately I have been doing some experimenting with DOSbox and I wanted to get Fallout 1 on there so I could play it on DOSbox (even though i have it on steam). But since I don't have a DOS installation disk or a cd drive in my computer, I was wondering if I could make the steam version work with DOS because this ( http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26128#:~:text=Fallout%20had%20two%20original%20versions,run%20(made%20for%20DOS)). ) talks about something very similar.

    submitted by /u/dsg325
    [link] [comments]

    Can i sill do minutmen quest and be allied with the minutmen whilst doing rader settlements?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Who was the last real-life president in fallout that we know?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    i think nixon was mentioned somewhere but is anyone else mentioned?

    submitted by /u/guavochops
    [link] [comments]

    Lonesome Road confusion

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    I'm playing Lonesome Road, and it seems like Ulysses will talk to you in the frame of the faction you're allies to. I'm fighting for Mr House, but I'm also Idolized by NCR. Ulysses seems to be under the impression that I'm fighting for NCR, even though I'm not. Is there dialogue centered around a Mr House run?

    submitted by /u/aaronmh99
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t get rid of the settlement limits for Vault 88

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    I got the Vault 88 DLC after owning Fallout 4 for a while. I already had the no settlement limits mod installed and assumed it would carry over to the Vault, but I still have limits. Is there any way to delete the limits without this mod? I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but it did nothing.

    Edit: Found a solution in the comments.

    submitted by /u/PlatinumSix
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly reminder that you can like a given Fallout title for different reasons

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    In prep for my New Vegas themed RPG, I began refreshing myself on the content of New Vegas, and rediscovered how great the content of New Vegas's base game was. Truly Fallout at some of it's best. The thing that kept bothering me with each video were the comments pissing on Bethesda, Fallouts 4 and 76, and so on. I get it, New Vegas was a great game, I like it too. I also liked 4 and 76...for different reasons.

    An important point I think people miss when they erroneously compare every Fallout game to New Vegas is that the game market changes, writers change, what gamers want changes. For instance, Fallout 4/76's gunplay is far superior to New Vegas, as I don't have to constantly use VATS or bum rush with melee weapons. Does that mean 4 is better than New Vegas? No. But you can like a game for different reasons. 4's strengths aren't in writing like they are with New Vegas and 3, but in their gameplay and customization options, which I really liked. Despite it's hate, 76 has writing akin to New Vegas in some rights, and was a much improved experience with Wastelanders. What 76 offers is a colorful, detailed and gigantic map and a game where you can enjoy Fallout with friends. Is that what everyone wants? No, but some enjoy it for that, others don't.

    I just don't get why people get into arguments over games made in different decades, with different teams and with different goals and market demographics in mind. Is it fair to compared Fallout 1 and 2 with their niche PC markets to what a console gamer in 2015 wanted? Not really, in my mind.

    People should like games based on what you want out of them. New Vegas does a lot of things well, and others not so much (gunplay, everything costing a fuckton of caps, etc.). Fallout 4 has good gunplay and a neat customization system (you can built robots and a vault!) but the writing is much weaker compared to New Vegas (though I disliked some of New Vegas's DLCs).

    submitted by /u/StarShot77
    [link] [comments]

    Can I destroy the BoS after I destroyed the Institute?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    This is my first time playing any Fallout game and so far my experience has been amazing. So, on my walkthrough I sided with the Minutemen to destroy the Institute, but all the othe two factions are still operating. I know that you can destroy the BoS with the Minutemen and the Railroad before you take out the Institute, but can I do it after? If there's a way, how?

    submitted by /u/leozzardz
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to farm legendary gat laser?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment