• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Fallout | Happy 10th Birthday Fallout: New Vegas

    Fallout | Happy 10th Birthday Fallout: New Vegas


    Happy 10th Birthday Fallout: New Vegas

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    Down here in r\Fallout, when you turn 10, well, you're ready to take on your first official Reddit responsibilities. So here you are. As a Redditor, I hereby present to you your very own Pip-Boy 3000! Get used to it. You'll be getting your first Cake Day upvotes tomorrow. Ha ha ha ha ha!

    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/b/bc/FO3_Pip_boy_3000_handover.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20141122201545

    submitted by /u/EridaniNovus
    [link] [comments]

    [Campaign Mod] Fallout Miami: Fall 2020 update

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    WARNING: Fallout Miami is a Campaign mod of Fallout 4, Campaign mods meaning a full overhaul of the game combining existing assets with new ones including voice acting, weapons and various items. It is like a fan game using the fallout 4's engine and assets. Not made by or with the cooperation/help of Mircosoft, Bethesda or Obsidian.

    Been a bit eh?

    Nijata here, unofficially for Mya & the Miami team with another update.

    New update means new music, an original ambient piece called Grim Fandango, a touch of factions including a rework of Slavers & a peek at the Rovers. There's also a look at new plant life, The brand-new Gas Car brand. as well as new locations such as the center school, magic city memento, Santos firearms, the Cuban liberation museum and their owners/care takers.

    Here's the link to the YouTube Video here

    Also forgot the last one from Last winter

    And this beautiful show case of what the world is currently looking like as of last month, here

    If you want to check out my previous update for last Summer, you can go here Summer 2019 update

    in the mean time if you want to help out, you can check the links in the description of the videos, go to their website or check out Their sub-Reddit.

    I hope you all are staying safe and doing well, oh and Americans please: Vote, this election is going to be a close one, so don't think your candidate has it in the bag. Thanks and see you soon hopefully!

    submitted by /u/Nijata
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Birthday pal! I can't believe you're already 10!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    Fallout 3 keeps giving after over 2000 hours played

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    I was exploring the north western part of the map when I came across a scavenger and his dog right next to one of the power stations on the side of a rocky cliff.

    I approached the guy and he said he had a "rare refreshment" that he was looking to sell.

    Turns out he was in possession of a Nuka-Cola Quantum that he was planning on selling to the Nuka obsessed girl in Girdershade.

    I'm currently on the Nuka-Cola Challenge quest and this guy sold it to me to save him the long trip.

    Just a cool little thing I've never seen after countless play throughs.

    submitted by /u/xHOBOSHANK
    [link] [comments]

    Happy birthday Fallout: New Vegas!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    10 years ago Johnny Guitar made our life better (kinda of).

    submitted by /u/Fable_Zealot
    [link] [comments]

    Is cheese possible to make in the post apocalypse?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    I was watching many a true nerds video on fallout new Vegas's 10th birthday and I was wondering if there was any mention of cheese in the fallout universe?

    submitted by /u/doctorpigmd
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox mods for an OP character build?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    We have enough time before Cyberpunk for a decent playthrough of an RPG , so I've decided to play Fallout 4. I only play on survival, and I have a knack for wasting time and spending hours picking up every bit of scrap, so I thought it would be a good time to play a modded character I've wanted to for a long time: a total freak of nature who unites the whole Commonwealth as an empire.

    With more SPECIAL points, pre-added perk loadout, unlimited scrap/build size/objects to use and a mod to turn Idiot Savant into just Savant so you can benefit from it with high Intelligence, a mod that let's me use the relay as proper fast travel in survival and making my character 8 foot tall, and the ability to unite the Institute, the Minutemen and the Nuka-World Raiders, I'm roleplaying a Spec Ops demigod with infantry background as cover who rules Boston as some kind of quasi-immortal (with the serum supply and Institute tech) emperor. And with the slightly faster levelling and 'no brainer' perks already added, I'll have a full playthrough condensed into a smaller timeframe, meaning I should have it done and dusted ready for post-game screwing around by mid November.

    I absolutely love this idea for a character, he feels more at home in Warhammer than Fallout, like a 'good' Frank Horrigan without the mutations. I can easily see this being my last playthrough on Xbox, and just keeping him to mess around with. Does anyone have any other mod recommendations for this kind of playthrough?

    submitted by /u/dingleheart
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 isn't that bad

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    OK, so im a 46 year old gamer, and Fallout is one of my favourite IP's. I've been playing it for years, but I avoided 76, mainly because I'm not a fan of multilayer games, but also because of its universal panning on release. It just didn't look good.

    However, it was cheap on the PS Store the other day, so I thought id give it a go, and I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe it was a different experience when it first came out, but I've been playing it as if it were a single player game, and so far its been great!

    submitted by /u/Paulholio
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Themed terminal desktop (Wallpaper Engine)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Why don't people port weapons from FO76 to FO4?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    I've always wondered.

    I have not got fallout 76, only fallout 4, but the games seem to be reasonably similar HUD and mechanics wise, so perhaps it is easy to port stuff from 76 to 4? I cannot find any threads which clearly state if this is allowed or not, but either way, it would be great to have some of the guns from FO76 in this game, like the Black powder weapons, pump action and the grenade launchers.

    Granted that there's a mod for the pump action and grenade launchers, but to my surprise there is absolutely no black powder weapons anywhere for fallout 4. There's only one, and while I hate to be picky, it uses the revolver reload animations, and there is no animations for the actual weapon.

    submitted by /u/SuperTriniGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Is the enclave underrated in the fallout series?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    It's just after all they are the remnants of the American government and aside from all the weapons and vertibirds there must still be a lot more we don't know about them, hopefully they'll return in a future game since it just feels 2 games doesn't feel enough for their plot.

    submitted by /u/Sir-Fear
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout games will be better

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    I feel like the fallout games are going to be a lot better (not saying they aren't great games already) than they are now since Microsoft took over. In my personal opinion Obsidian is good at story and character writing while Bethesda is good at gameplay and world design. With Microsoft forcing them to work together, so Bethesda can work on what their good at and obsidian can work on what their good, they can make a fallout game with the great story of Fallout New Vegas and the great gameplay of Fallout 4

    submitted by /u/Fordabous
    [link] [comments]

    I love Fallout 4 (spoilers, duh)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    TL;DR: I think Fallout 4 is a fun, interesting game and I don't hate the dialogue or perk-system. I loved most of the companions, and I enjoyed the lore. I agree, limiting us to "Lawyer lady" and "Soldier Guy" was disappointing, but searching for your kidnapped 8 pound, 6 ounce, newborn baby-Jesus was a lot better than trying to find out why your dead-beat dad abandoned you, even if he was Liam Neeson. The world is incredibly immersive and the settlement building is addictive and fun.

    My first experience with Fallout was at Odds 'n Ends in the late 90's. They had a discount PC game section and the cover of Fallout was always so appealing to me... But it was one of the more expensive titles they carried. My mother wouldn't buy it for me... even though it was only $14.99. And we got Dust: A Tale of the Wired West instead. Because it was $5.99 BTW, that game is seriously fucking amazing, go play it. But that image on the cover was burned into my brain forever...

    Anyway, some years later, my buddy rented Fallout 3 when it came out and I saw him constantly die and that death animation was hilarious. He died so much, in fact, that he returned the game and it wasn't until a room-mate of mine in Pittsburgh summer 2010 was playing it that I really noticed it wasn't just a rag-doll death simulator and I decided to play it while he worked, because we worked different shifts. I recalled that old game cover, and the cover to Fallout 3 was just as bad-ass...

    I hadn't played next-gen at the time until I played Fallout 3. I hadn't been able to afford a PS3/360 or PC. But man, it blew me away - Mostly, the gameplay. The open-world, the environments, the setting. I loved seeing my country's capital decimated by nukes and I loved the post-apocalyptic setting. I didn't even follow the main story, I was like yo, fuck my dad... It was a revelation being able to just wander the map. I moved out and returned home before I could finish it, and I was again stuck without next-gen. So I downloaded Fallout and Fallout 2 and mostly played Fallout 2 to death.

    This is where the rift started for me. Fallout 2 is amazing, as we all know. Hilarious, dark, complex, great battle-system and wonderfully stylized graphics. I could see how much Fallout 3 tried to convert the world to first-person, with the static dialogue screen trying to mimic the dialogue boxes of the first two games but thinking back, however immersive it managed to be, it just didn't have that charm... It felt vapid in comparison. When I finally upgraded my PC enough to play Fallout 3 again, I felt... cheated. Where was the humor? Where was the complexity? Where was the dark, complex story? I still loved the open-world, and I finished the game and I still have fond memories of it... And after a lot of thought and analyzing, I don't find the lore to be as inaccurate as a lot of people do. It's just so... Oedipal. It's immersive and a great way to reintroduce the series and move it forward, but it also fell tonally flat. Where was the criticism of America and the governments of the world? Where was the flaw in the logic of the Brotherhood? Why the hell was the Enclave back? I've heard Fallout 3 described as a "Greatest Hits" of sorts... And I agree. Buying a "greatest hits" album is a great way to introduce yourself to a band, and some of the songs are going to be among their best... But you're also going to hear the radio-friendly, commercial stuff. That's what Fallout 3 is. Some great ideas, and some wonderful proof of concept, but some absolute drivel and the "rah, rah, America!" shit got really annoying after a while.

    Fast forward to New Vegas. I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed with it at first, I just wanted more open-world Fallout stuff. I had played Borderlands in-between Fallout 3 and NV, and the gunplay and world-building of that game blew me away. A friend and I completed it on split-screen and the entire game, minus having one of the worst and most anti-climactic endings ever, was a pure joy, and an absolute riot to play through. So I played New Vegas for about 10-15 hours and put it down and went back to Borderlands and Fallout 3, before my computer took a crap and I was without any PC or systems for a couple of years.

    Thinking back to those 3 games, I kind of mixed and matched some of the story and elements of the three and remembered better first-person mechanics in Fallout 3/NV and a better story in Borderlands. I also confused a lot of Fallout 3 and New Vegas... I truly couldn't remember which one I did what in aside from one was about my dad and one was about a package.

    When I got back into games just before the PS4 and XBOX1, I had a crappy computer so first I started with Fallout 2 again and after beating it again, I decided to give New Vegas another chance and it was just so much fun... Of course after reading about Bethesda, Black Isle, Van Buren, Obsidian, the legal battle, the lore... Playing New Vegas right after Fallout 2, it felt like the true sequel to Fallout 2, as many of us agree it basically is the true sequel... And while I find it hard to go back and play Fallout 3, I do think it's still a decent game but has too many flaws and is too tonally different from the other games... Yes, this includes Fallout 4. New Vegas is one of my favorite games ever, but so is Fallout 4.

    I could not get Fallout 4 to run on my PC. Running New Vegas was hard enough. I finally got a low-profile graphics card on hard discount a couple years ago and had to really modify a lot of stuff in my PC to install it... But I got Fallout 4 working. My first mistake was thinking that "Survival" mode was just like "Hardcore" mode in Fallout New Vegas. Holy fuck, I was wrong. But the first few hours of the game really drew me in. I was fully immersed, and I love the aesthetic of the game. Not hyper-realistic, and slightly cartoony. They finally translated the original games' stylized graphics into 3D, and the gameplay was so much better than Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I still have a hard time going back to them. But after the Museum of Freedom mission, I was so frustrated with Survival mode and the game ran so clunky on my PC that I went back to New Vegas... Until I bought a PS4 last fall and found Fallout 4 for five bucks at Gamestop.

    I have been addicted to Fallout 4 for the past year. I tried to put it down. I tried to get into Death Stranding. I still can't. What a boring and disappointing game, coming from a huge Kojima fan... I got into Ancestors but that Stalker Cat is the cheapest AI ever and I put it down for almost a year until recently getting back into it. I tried to get into Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order but that main character's face pisses me off and the game didn't really suck me in... Ghost of Tsushima is brilliant but it just couldn't pull me away from Fallout 4. Especially after modding it.

    I play Fallout 4 with a mod that has it in constant nuclear fallout mode. The sun NEVER shines. It always rains or snows and there's regular fog. It gets DARK at night. I also have a mod where the ground is always covered in snow. A few other mods to balance the damage and make it truly post-apocalyptic, nuclear fallout and I'm obsessed with the game. I bought a few items from the store. Some pip-boy skins and the backpack. I have a beginning game strategy to avoid bad dialogue with Codsworth and corny lines about saving my son and wanting revenge for my wife, we hardly knew ye.

    Hancock is the GOAT companion. I actually really like Piper. MacCreedy is a twat. Cait is a slob. I like Codsworth. Dogmeat would be great if he didn't constantly block your shot. Paladin Danse is a jaggoff. Nick Valantine is a GOAT. Preston is a gigantic douche... Those aren't complaints. They are all different personalities, and fitting to their motives.

    I'm gonna be honest, I start the game over and over again. It's unhealthy. I just like the first 20 hours of establishing yourself so much, finding the best route to Diamond City or Goodneighbor... Yeah, my son is out there somewhere, but even your character admits he doesn't know how long it's been or where he could be.. I mean, that's the main story, so it's inevitable I'm going to find him... But I always start over before act 2. I've literally restarted the game 30 or 40 times.

    The way to go, I've found out, is this: Charisma 10. Leave the vault. Don't go home. Don't go to Red Rocket. Go to Concord but stop once the landmark triggers. Don't go to Red Rocket, but go back home. Talk to Codsworth. Tell him it isn't good news. Your character remains calm and doesn't even mention his wife. When he asks about 8 pound, 6 ounce baby Jesus, say you're looking for him. Your character doesn't yell or shout - He says it casual. Codsworth doesn't feign ignorance. He offers to join you right away. Tell him no, or yes, doesn't matter. Never go to the Museum of Freedom. Preston Garvey sucks. Find out about Diamond City from Carla. Not that druggie bitch Momma Murphy. Fuck Marcy Long, too. Don't get the Power Armor, don't cheese the Deathclaw. Go to the Diner. Resolve the conflict - 2 early vendors is very important for caps and supplies. Don't do settlement quests for a while. Don't clear any locations or build any settlements. If playing Survival, sleep on the random mattresses that didn't make sense being scattered around until you realized they're there for Survival mode. Slowly make your way to Goodneighbor. Go to Diamond City only after you agree to the Dig. Tell the Mayor it's none of his business. Don't do Piper's interview. Don't go to Nick Valantine's office. Ask for work from all the vendors.

    Or do it completely different. Go straight to Nuka-World. Or up to Far-Harbor. I haven't even done any of the DLC minus the Mechanist and the beginning of Nuka-World. I have started the game over so many times and never done it quite the same. Anyone saying this game is linear is a fucking moron. Yeah, it's no longer a proper RPG, but a shooter with RPG elements... But Fallout 3 and New Vegas were first-person shooters with an RPG system, which was worse. Playing Fallout 4 in 3rd person is a blast.

    Okay, the dialogue could be better... But how much better? Talking to any of your companions about their backstory... It's pretty well-acted and fleshed out. Jack Cabot's quests are fun and his dialogue is interesting... A lot of the dialogue is actually pretty good. It doesn't always nail that "Fallout" humor, and it's often cringe-worthy or corny... But The Silver Shroud side-quest is an absolute blast... The USS Constitution quest is another banger... And your companions will judge the fuck out of you for your choices in it.

    I honestly really don't understand the hate for this game... It took a while to grow on me but it quickly sucked me in and has become one of my favorite games of all-time. Okay, there's glitches. It seems like every game nowadays has some kind of glitch that's close to game-breaking, or breaks immersion... Once you learn the 4 dialogue options are Calm Yes, Sarcastic Yes, Emotion Yes or Question Yes, you can steer your character into the dialogue most fitting to who you want to be, and making Charisma 10 allows for extra options and bartering for more caps...

    There's a lot of freedom for choice in this game, something it's often criticized for NOT having. Yeah, some of the end-game has been spoiled for me, and you have to choose a faction... But is it really such a bad thing? There's so much going on in the game's world, and you can stumble upon anything by accident or being steered there on a straight-line... It really is up to you. Fallout 76 may be a gigantic pile of shit, but Fallout 4 is an excellent game, imo.

    submitted by /u/DynamicThreads
    [link] [comments]

    What are some lies you heard or even said about Fallout Games?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Fallout games have tons of content (even the older ones) and you might miss some of it in your first of second playthrough.

    However, there are things that don't happen or can never happen because they are... lies.

    Some of the lies I heard about the Fallout games are:

    Fallout 1: There's a second Water Chip in Vault 15 but you have to use tons of explosives (100) to get to it (the room that is blocked by rocks in Vault 15).

    Fallout 2: Someone found Sulik's sister and she is a recruitable character. It is possible to gain Frank Horrigan's Armor. If you have Goris, some Deathclaws won't attack you.

    Fallout Tactics: No lies.

    Fallout 3: Someone said that he encountered a Super Mutant Behemoth at low level and start running only to find another Behemoth. In Fallout 3. Where Behemoths are scripted.

    Fallout New Vegas: Not lies acrually, just over exaggeration of what the games has to offer. Weapons are stronger, Armors are near indestructible etc.

    Fallout 4: Don't remember any actually. Probably because it is a more recent game and Fan Theories are more "important" than lying to make you feel "cooler".

    Some lies that I have said about the Fallout Games.

    In Fallout 1 I had to fight the Aliens to get the Alien Blaster. In Fallout 2 I encounter Talking Deathclaws in the Wasteland. In Fallout Tactics... I didn't lie because I played it once and don't remember much. In Fallout 3... New Vegas and 4 I didn't lie at all.

    submitted by /u/KostasP13
    [link] [comments]

    Infinite Caps? (Fallout 4)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    If you got the unique fat man launcher 'The Striker' From Far harbour and took the mod that allows it to shoot the bowling balls and then attached that to the 'Big Boy' From Diamond City then every shot would shoot 2 bowling balls for the price of one and seeing as you can pick up the fired bowling balls after you shot them you now have +1 bowling ballwhich sells for 10 caps, so while slow you could get easy caps

    submitted by /u/Bob_Ross_FBI_Agent
    [link] [comments]

    How was the terrain for Fallout 3/NV/4 generated?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    I'm developing a game as a fun little side-project. I've been doing fine enough with the programming and modeling, however I'm confused on how to make somewhat realistic terrain, which is why I'm asking here. I'm asking here and not a general game development subreddit because I feel that modders would have a deeper understanding of the specific method which Bethesda used that I might replicate.

    Did they generate the world using a heightmap? Handmade? Give me a clue here

    submitted by /u/BigManRufus
    [link] [comments]

    My first new Vegas play through

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Well this sub did it, after falling in love with fallout 4 (1025 hours) And fallout 76 not having a good feel, I've decided to get new Vegas. I've never played it and this sub obsesses over it, I'm beyond excited to start!

    submitted by /u/poppajake
    [link] [comments]

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY FALLOUT NEW VEGAS!!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    10 Years ago the greatest video game ever made was released, and ever since then no game has topped it.

    From where your standing you might seem old knowing that this magnificent game is now 10 years old. The truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

    submitted by /u/themoviebloke
    [link] [comments]

    Old Man Peabody's Haunted House

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Check out My Halloween Build

    Peabody's Haunted House

    submitted by /u/ExplodingSwanYoutube
    [link] [comments]

    Problems w the Brotherhood Questline

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    I recently rebought Fallout GOTY Edition and installed all the add ons that came with it. I got the Quartermastery quest from Scribe Haylen and it's in Far Harbor on the completely opposite side of the pier. I haven't played Far Harbor but judging from the opening quest I am not equipped to finish the quest at level 11. What should I do? Do I just have to wait till I level enough?

    submitted by /u/pastywhitechild
    [link] [comments]

    What is special about Fallout 3?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    So what is so special about Fallout 3? By special, I mean mechanics that differentiate the game from the other ones; take base building or reputation for example. What are, if there are any, the special mechanics for Fallout 3? Thanks for your time!

    submitted by /u/JKM2612008
    [link] [comments]

    State of the NCR-Brotherhood war by Fallout 4?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    So from the lore, it looks like the NCR won the war, and the Brotherhood is in full retreat and hiding. But also the western elders have reconnected with the eastern, suppressing Maxson cults, and etc. Also the brotherhood isn't a priority anymore for the NCR.

    What do you think happened to the western brotherhood by fallout 4? Did the NCR decide to finally solve the brotherhood problem and laid siege to Lost Hills? Did the two sides call a truce to end hostilities? Or the brotherhood is still hiding, and at the mercy of whatever administration comes to power?

    Also there I have read that in fallout 4, some merchants mentioned the NCR won the 2nd battle of Hoover dam, but I've never seen any video proof of this. Also I'm kinda leaning towards the NCR-good ending of NV.

    submitted by /u/Chowder1054
    [link] [comments]

    Happy 10th birthday Fallout New Vegas!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    Time to celebrate the 10 years of New Vegas, with yah boy... himself... Boone!

    submitted by /u/Wellwhaddyabowhoe
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 or Fallout New Vegas?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    My friend is offering me one. Which one do I get? *Haven't played the rest

    submitted by /u/LegionaryRiley
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment