• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    Fallout | Fallout: The Frontier - Crusaders Faction Trailer

    Fallout | Fallout: The Frontier - Crusaders Faction Trailer


    Fallout: The Frontier - Crusaders Faction Trailer

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    We're very excited to announce our newest trailer showing off our third major playable faction, the Crusaders of Steel, a quasi religious offshoot of the Brotherhood.

    https://youtu.be/ycsBbkXWljE

    The video features some showcases of our unique energy weapons available in the frontier, including visual effects even Bethesda couldn't dream of.

    submitted by /u/tgspy
    [link] [comments]

    Vault 11, WHAT THE HELL?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    i mean, what in the Kentucky fried f*ck? I've watched Oxhorn's fallout 3 lore video about vault 11 (btw, his lore videos are amazing!) and the vault's horrifying events literally kept haunting me all day.

    There are many vaults with tragic stories (thinking about it, since each vault had some kind of social experiment so I think all of them had a rough history to a degree) but vault 11 is just really messed up.

    I did wonder though, what did Vault-tech gained from this? Did they even monitored the vault's experiment? As far as I know all the vault's computer response to the dwellers has been automatically programmed with no external interference.

    As part of my current journey in fallout 4 I began to watch many F3 lore videos. Man, this video really made me feel like crap that I never played F3.

    I did want to buy and play it but recent Steam reviews declared this game unplayable on steam, too many troubleshooting issues.

    submitted by /u/Johnlends
    [link] [comments]

    First time Fallout player - my experience with FO4

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    Hi there. This is my first post here as I am a brand new Fallout player.

    I had never played any Fallout game before, a couple of years ago I had vaguely heard of it but had no idea what it was about. I heard the buzz when FO4 came out. I bought it on a whim probably 2 or 3 years ago when it was on sale for £15 in Game because I heard it was good without knowing anything about it. I stuck it in the PS4 the same day, played a few hours, found it difficult and confusing and overall unenjoyable and I quit.

    Jump forwards a few years to now. A few days ago I decided to load it up again and give it another go. And I have been playing non-stop since.

    I would like to share my experience of playing FO4 from the perspective of someone who A) has never played a Fallout game before and B) isn't much of an RPG fan. My attention span is pretty short and I've always found RPGs a bit too deep and long-winded to properly enjoy them, but FO4 has me hooked at every second of gameplay.

    I understand that FO4 is generally regarded as a slight watering-down of the previous games in some aspects and I've read some people's opinions on why that is. Most notably people cite the inclusion of a voiced protagonist, less in-depth skilling and a more linear plot. People have said that FO4 is Bethesda's attempt at widening the scope of its target market and appealing to a wider playerbase. And I must say, it's worked.

    I'm normally much more of an FPS player and for me personally FO4 strikes the perfect balance between action, story and atmosphere. I am absolutely in love with this game at the moment. Sure, it's buggy as hell, the performance is laughable on PS4 and the graphics are showing their age a bit but HOLY SHIT is it ever immersive. I absolutely adore the design of the commonwealth, the lighting, the amount of random stuff to explore and find, the music and just the general vibe. I'm hooked on the story (I'm only about half way through, no spoilers please) and I love doing the side quests and seeing how they all link up into the main story. Seriously, I'm probably half way through the main story and I feel like I've only scratched about 1% of what the game has to offer.

    I'm interested to hear what people have to say about this game. Maybe you're less likely to enjoy it if you've played the previous titles? With this being my first Fallout game I am enjoying it so much, I think it's incredible. It has its problems (I hate settlements, but I gather they're more or less optional) but I don't see how anyone can criticise it as much as they do.

    Honestly, roaming through the commonwealth with Diamond City Radio playing killing mutants and tracking down my son is some of the most fun I've ever had playing video games. I'm so glad I decided to stick the disc in the old PS4 again.

    So will New Vegas blow my mind?

    Thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/BiffyNick
    [link] [comments]

    I really like how Fallout 4 and New Vegas handles ghoul combat.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    A lot of games have an enemy type that is basically a different variation of a zombie. Mindless and Unfeeling, they will either shamble towards you slowly or rush you.

    But thanks to VATS, in Fallout you can simply cripple their legs which disables like 90% of their combat effectiveness. This is something that I don't think a lot of other RPG's have included because most games rarely institute a locational based damage system to the extent that fallout has.

    Even without VATS, at least with Fallout 4, I found the gunplay accurate and reliable enough to shoot out a feral ghouls legs fast enough to knock them down.

    This lets a player that has accuracy over fire rate still have the ability to handle a significant amount of ghouls that are charging them without being overhelmed.

    EDIT: I haven't played 3 so I don't know if it also has the ability to cripple ghouls.

    submitted by /u/skrimods
    [link] [comments]

    Annihilation is the true ending of 76

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    There's settlers, and the brotherhood, in an almost completely nuke free area so close to DC I don't see any other lore friendly option.

    Given the state of things right now, Appalachia should grow into at lest a regional power after 200 years. Yet not only is there no sign of them in the capital wasteland, The route that the brotherhood took to get to DC passed right next to it. They even went into Pittsburg, so obviously for them to not contact a fellow chapter is pretty strange.

    The fact that 76 doesn't allow you to kill npcs, or anything else that will stray from 'lore' leads me to believe everything you can do is lore. With that in mind, we have nuked every inch of Appalachia not only eradicating the Scorchbeasts, but ourselves.

    I believe by the time 76 'ends' West Virginia is the most nuked and inhospitable place that after two hundred years Elder Lyons sees the Pitt as a better choice to visit (which is really saying something)

    submitted by /u/goalpost-
    [link] [comments]

    Too Stupid to Play Fallout 1 and 2

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    I'll be real with you, probably the biggest Fallout fans on the net: I'm an idiot. I love Fallouts 3, 4, and New Vegas. I've had GOG copies of 1 and 2 for YEARS and cannot figure out how to get into them. I've tried so many times, folks, read the manuals, but I feel like I just don't get the basics..

    For one, I can barely see anything. Even with 2x scaling on, my monitor looks like a party for multicolored ants. As soon as I walk out of the vault, no matter what direction I go, I'm near instantly murdered by something or other. It's infuriating.

    Am I a lost cause? Or is there some method to working through this madness that you gurus can bless me with?

    submitted by /u/out_coled
    [link] [comments]

    Just realized that the Fallout series has had the trend/pattern of visually looking very familiar every 2 games

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    (Excluding the Fallout games that won't be mentioned)

    Fallout 1 & 2 - The isometric ones

    Fallout 3 & New Vegas - The gamebryo ones

    and Fallout 4 & 76 look - The Creation Engine ones

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    Josh Sawyer just did a fundraising play-through of Fallout New Vegas while answering questions about its development

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    the synths are kinda like role-players who take it way too seriously

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Like how that one story in diamond city f4; about the synth that just started killing everybody. Maybe it was just a time-line before he reloaded his last save file, and was just doing it for fun. Could be a plus for the sole survivor = synth theory. Now we have an in-canon explanation.

    submitted by /u/Signal-Communication
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout: Chicago Blues

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    This morning i was contemplating the idea of a new Fallout game, and I come across the idea for Fallout: Chicago Blues.

    There's a number of reasons why I feel this would make a very fitting future instalment, the first being the music. Chicago is know for its huge contribution to the music scene especially during the 20s - 50s, spawning such genres of music such as "Dixieland"/"Chicago Style" jazz and as the title would suggest the "Chicago Blues" among others. Two genres of music that have already been generally established in the fallout music library.

    The second reason of course is the lack of lore surrounding the Chicago area, the few bits and pieces suggest that there are both BOS and Enclave encampments in the area both of which would make for fantastic Allies/Enemies.

    And finally the potential for new and exciting creatures. Picture mutated alligators, giant snapping turtles the possibilities are near endless.

    Anyway not sure if this has been said before, but I mostly just liked the idea because of the name :P.

    submitted by /u/CucumberCunt
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentaly killed everyone in Covenant, did I just miss out on something important?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    I decided to resume my playthrough lately and was walking around exploring the world, when i saw that village called Covenant. I didn't see the sign that said "KEEP OUT" so I waltzed in and they started shooting. Of course i shot back and 30 seconds later everyone has been slaughtered, including sentries, their cat and Mr. Handy with his suspicious-ass lemonade. I think I went a bit too far but I don't wanna break the immersion, so just tell me, did I miss out on something important, like cool quests, weapons or entire questlines by doing so? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/NormalAssociation9
    [link] [comments]

    questions about cc mods

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    are there any ps4 mods that let me put armor over the Chinese stealth suit or make the cc backpack invisible? thankyou

    submitted by /u/kozak289
    [link] [comments]

    are the GOTY editions worth it?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    both fallout 3 and 4's goty editions are for sale and (in my money) they're like this;

    Fallout 4) GOTY: went from $1030 to $310 / standard: $142

    Fallout 3) GOTY: $126 / Standar: $50

    so, are they worth buying or should I just stick to the standard ones? Neither one is that much money and the one for Fallout 4 is a really good deal, but I'm not sure which would be better

    (with "my money" I mean that I don't use dollars, if I wanted to buy dollars I'd have to pay over $100 for each and $1 here is way less than a dollar)

    submitted by /u/flor__s
    [link] [comments]

    What companion should i bring or should i go alone?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    Hello again wastelanders vault dwellers and lone wanders alike i have (unsurprisingly) another question what companion should i bring ive recently joined the brotherhood of steel and going alone in my armor is awsome but i feel like i should bring some help incase but they always follow at a distance and its annoying looking for certain characters so who should i bring? Heres a list of who i can bring and so far

    .Dogmeat (annoying to find but immortal)

    .Codsworth (I only have 2 repair kits)

    .Preston gravely (or whatever his name is)

    .Ada (again only 2 repair kits)

    .The news reporter girl whos name i forgot

    .Nick valentine

    .Danse (Id prefer him but ill bring someone else why do you think i posted this)

    submitted by /u/CoolSlimeBoy
    [link] [comments]

    The best Nuka World perk?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Let's say your character build allows you to benefit greatly from each of the endgame perks in the Nuka World dlc. Which 2 perks would be the best to have?

    submitted by /u/Ancient-AssBeater
    [link] [comments]

    Idk if this has been discussed before,

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    But is it possible to have keyboard(and mouse) support for the fallout games on Xbox? I play fo4 but an losing interest because I don't like using controller much

    submitted by /u/Itsausernameqwer
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Blurring during sunrise and sunset.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    I seem to be suffering from some sort of issue where the light from the sunrise and sunset is blurring and misshaping objects, this seems to affect NPCs, trees and terrain and im wondering if anyone has seen this before or knows how to fix it? Running vivid fallout and visceral ENB

    https://i.imgur.com/BfDrutc.png

    https://i.imgur.com/9YtDzna.png

    Any help is appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Taketheshot56
    [link] [comments]

    I've unlocked U N D E F I N E D, finally!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    If I had money to buy one of Fallout 4's DLCs, which one should I buy?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    I got 5 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and I wanna spend it on a Fo4 DLC. which one of them is the best one to buy if I'm only gonna get one?

    Edit: GOTY edition it is. Looks like just one isnt gonna cut it.

    submitted by /u/GalacticDolphin101
    [link] [comments]

    How necssesary is the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I've been trying to start a long term playthrough for a while, however every time I try I get constant crashes. When I played without mods I rarely ever crashed. I don't use too many mods, and the UF4P is one.

    I always hear about how it really helps, but 1. My gameplay experience hasn't changed that much with it then without it, and 2. I don't know what changes.

    Can someone convince me exactly why I should keep the mod, because to me it seems all it does is crash my game.

    submitted by /u/I_am_so_cool_
    [link] [comments]

    How would you rank the Fallout DLCs?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    The rankings include fallout 3, 4, and NV, and if you want maybe 76 as well. I chose not to rank the fallout 4 workshops and the nv add on packs, but maybe you can rank them as well.

    My ranking: 1. Old World Blues 2. Far Harbor 3. Point Lookout 4. Dead Money 5. Nuka-World 6. Honest Hearts 7. The Pitt 8. Lonesome Road 9. Broken Steel 10. Operation: Anchorage 11. Mothership Zeta 112. Automatron

    submitted by /u/J_93976
    [link] [comments]

    Are elections still a thing in the Enclave in Fallout 2?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Are there the same two parties? Are there more? Less? Do their soldiers get to vote, or do the Enclave's politicians vote among themselves? Or are elections in the Enclave just not a thing?

    submitted by /u/Lavetic
    [link] [comments]

    Do all the aliens in Mothership Zeta have shields?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    I played Fallout 3 before with TTW, and when I played like that only about 10% of the aliens had shields. However now in the original Fallout 3, I'm noticing that like 90% of the aliens have shields. Was it always like that?

    I started at level 28 if that makes a difference

    submitted by /u/RubyKDC
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment