• Breaking News

    Monday, October 12, 2020

    Fallout | A controversial opinion, maybe, but as somone who has played every single Fallout game, base building is NOT what I play Fallout for.

    Fallout | A controversial opinion, maybe, but as somone who has played every single Fallout game, base building is NOT what I play Fallout for.


    A controversial opinion, maybe, but as somone who has played every single Fallout game, base building is NOT what I play Fallout for.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    FO4 is Better than You Think? (Pt. 2 by Many a True Nerd)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Updated video link: https://youtu.be/6QH2V0pRMwY

    A more critical take on FO4 compared to his previous video essay.

    submitted by /u/Chickenebula
    [link] [comments]

    Why cant we be gunners?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    In Far Harbor we can side with the children of atom which are interesting people and in Nuka World we can help the raiders. Why isnt there a DLC for gunners. In my perspective I just thibk gunners are cooler, more organized and a lot more lore wise interesting than raiders. Why did they choose to make Nuka World for raiders?!

    submitted by /u/fatalpoet7
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4: An alternate Tutorial

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    Although I loved FO4, I really felt one of the issues in the game is that you didn't feel connected enough to your family, especially Shaun. So I thought of a way to fix that; the tutorial should have been set Pre-War, with a quest called "A Grand Day Out".

    In this version, before the Vault Tec Sales guy arrived, you actually DO go to the park with your spouse and Shaun. In this version, Shaun starts out as a 10 year old, not a baby, and when you reach the Park, you play some games with Shaun, such as a game of Baseball. This teaches you the grenade-throwing mechanic, as well as running and melee-weapon usage. This is, of course, a call-back to the opening of FO3, where James reaches you how to fire a BB gun. In FO3, I was MUCH more emotionally invested in James and where they went with his character, simply because we actually got to interact with him in a norma day for a few minutes and the start.

    submitted by /u/knightfluttershy
    [link] [comments]

    Why hasn't anybody ported 76 items to Fo4?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Why hasn't anyone ported outfits, weapons, skins etc from Fallout 76 over to Fallout 4? I would love to use a lot of them in Fo4!

    submitted by /u/WeeRascalBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Do cheeseburgers still exist , in the fallout universe

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    I can deal with losing thousands of years of human history, but I feel like losing cheeseburgers is major blow to humanity's future , and not one in which we will easily recover from . :(

    submitted by /u/goodgrammar52
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite part of fallout games

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    Okay just hear me out. As odd as it may sound, my favorite part of fallout games, even Skyrim, is when I fall victim to one of their little traps. The ones as easy as I opened a door with a string tied to a shotgun and took some buckshot to the side. They usually don't kill me, but really make me pause for a second and laugh at how many details warned me not to fall for that very trap.

    The absolute best traps though are the ones where I have just enough time to realize I've fallen for a trap before the trap hits me. Like I'll open a door and see a string fall and look In that direction just in time to see an arrow fly at my fave or a shotgun go off in my direction.

    After the initial panic, realization, and processing of the events, I'll usually start to laugh. More so cause I'll back up and realize small things that indicated a trap was coming. Things like a sign that says "no entry" or "do not enter" or I'll realize the string is on my side of the door and I walked pst the trap that shot me cause I was on the wrong side of the door, but still fell for it because I wasn't paying close enough attention to my surroundings.

    TL DR: Fallout traps make me laugh. Usually cause I'm too dumb to notice them.

    submitted by /u/C_chuck
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently, New Vegas had some cut dialogue for when your companions were on fire. Listen to it, and then you can guess why they removed it.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    FNV2 is a dumb idea

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    All I the only one who thinks Fallout: New Vegas 2 is a dumb idea? I'd much rather see a Fallout: New Vegas Remastered with the original planned content and closure realized than a pointless sequel. Only if by some magical circumstance that enables Obsidian to work on it though. Bethesda would surely ruin it, and there's no guarantee that they'll let Obsidian touch it regardless of both studios being owned by Microsoft.

    submitted by /u/UnknownEvil
    [link] [comments]

    The Brotherhood Of Steel should not be on every Fallout game.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    The Brotherhood Of Steel should not be on every Fallout game AND they should never be a major faction, like in Fallout 4. Take New Vegas for example, they are a minor, killable faction that the player can interact with or even join them. For a faction which its end goal is to just hoard old tech and ignore outsiders, that was the perfect portrayal.

    By ramming the BoS in everything Fallout will just lead the franchise into creative bankruptcy.

    We need new major factions! Or maybe even more of what we didn't have enough, like the NCR.

    submitted by /u/Aetheriusman
    [link] [comments]

    Thought you guys would appreciate this overkill of a death claw with Cait. Long story short, I used the 2076 World Series bat while she used a quad barrel fire and forget rocket launcher. Any other hilarious deaths anyone else was a part of?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    [FO1] Playing fallout 1 made me realise how watered down FO4 was

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    First in fallout 1 you got the great leveling system, Good dialogue options, Stats actually matter, giantic map to explore, The atmosphere actually fits what happend with the bombs, A pretty good story. In 4 you got cappy leveling, boring dialogue a crappy story. combat is WAY to easy even on the harder difficulties, atmosphere is boring and grey. I feel as if fallout will never return to it's glory days and it makes me disappointed to see such a good concept widdle down and degrade over time and turn into a looter shooter with a shitty story

    submitted by /u/Beezenuts
    [link] [comments]

    Which Gauss rifle is the best one?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    What do you think is the best designed gauss rifle, the old one or the new one?

    submitted by /u/TheAnimeMemer
    [link] [comments]

    Has anybody tried killing Mr House immediately? Before even talking to him?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    I'm not ready to do another New Vegas run just. So I was curious. Has anybody ever, upon arriving at the New Vegas strip, headed first thing to Mr House, walked past House's terminal and gone for his pod and killed him?

    How does everybody react to that? Does Benny have reactions to the fact that Mr House is already dead? Is Yes Man amazed when you first talk to him that you not only have seen Mr House but already killed him? Does Mr House himself have any kind of special reaction to the fact that you went straight for the kill without even talking to him once?

    Also, does the Yes Man demonstrate the Securitron upgrades to you since House didn't get a chance?

    submitted by /u/Quail_Winter
    [link] [comments]

    Who is your favourite character in Fallout: New Vegas?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Mine is a 3-way tie between Ulysses, Legate Lanius and Joshua Graham. I love their designs, their backstories, and I personally feel that they were some of the best-crafted characters in the whole game. Plus, their voice acting was honestly magnificent in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/MasterLuuc
    [link] [comments]

    A tribute to the Fallout games

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    My best friend is an amazing singer, and she wants to show her love for the franchise. Here's a link to her YouTube page.

    https://youtu.be/SNToPaOln4w

    submitted by /u/gwenofair
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any FO4 mods that enhance the role-playing aspect of the game?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    Long time fan of the Fallout franchise here, and just got back from replaying New Vegas for the upteenth time.

    Like many of us, back in 2015 I was eagerly awaiting the imminent release of FO4, and while I did enjoy the visual and QoL improvements from New Vegas, and was motivated enough to keep playing, I was left feeling rather empty after finishing the main campaign (along with a butt ton of side quests).

    I know many of you are tired of hearing this axiom repeated ad nauseam, but everytime I think about replaying FO4, my mind invariably turns back to it: "FO4 is a great FPS, but barely passable as a Fallout game".

    The thing is, the itch to play is forever lurking, I just can't bring myself to endure the piss poor dialogue "trees", the non-existing karma mechanic or impact in the world, the lack of variables and the unfinished script of the story.

    I also don't like how the main character has a voice, but that's more a pet peeve. It does add a lot of time to the conversations, though.

    I guess what I'm asking is, if there's any way, fan-made or otherwise, to improve the Fallout part that's supposed to be inside FO4. I realize this sounds a little utopic, but I guess if it exists, this would be the place to start looking for it.

    Thank you all in advance.

    submitted by /u/Homem_da_Carrinha
    [link] [comments]

    For everyone wanting to get there DLC’s working with fallout 3 especially Broken Steel

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Open the game but don't press play on the menu instead press data files and tick all the boxes when you load in the game should recognise this and will load them all if you finished the game loading the end save should get you to a bit where you can complete the game and then you will go into the broken steel DLC just remember the purifier has rather large consequences on the future

    submitted by /u/MaxIsNotTaken
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only person here that unironically thinks the combat in F1/2 is really good?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Every time I see people talking about the combat mechanics in classic Fallout, it always gets called tedious and frustrating. Like, I get that Arroyo is a PITA if you didn't go for a melee build. I get being frustrated because you realize your character can't hit the broad side of a barn b/c of your attributes five hours in.

    Classic Fallout punishes you for not understanding its mechanics. Granted, the game is pretty bad at communicating those mechanics. Once it clicks, though, I find the combat more exciting than any of the first person Fallouts. No fight in nu-Fallout had me sweating quite like the under leveled fights in F1/2.

    First time I went to that one mine in Redding (you know, THAT one), I got creamed by the first enemy and never wanted to go back. I recently went there with a new character (sneaky crit melee/guns guy called Snake) when I was way under level. I expected to die after my first combat round but BOOM crit to the head. The queen gets knocked out. Granted, she still had +200 hp left and got up soon after but in that moment, I knew I could clear that dungeon with a lvl 10 character. After about an hour of pain, drugs, companion stupidity and many, many deaths I walked back into town and got my $1000. And that's how I got addicted to jet.

    I guess what I'm getting at is if you got discouraged your first time playing F1/2, read about the mechanics on the wiki and just keep trying. The harder it is to succeed, the greater the reward.

    submitted by /u/HatlessHorseMan1
    [link] [comments]

    Any remnants of the Enclave?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    It's my favorite Fallout Faction, do we know of any remnants or cells that still exists in the Fallout Universe, after their destruction?

    submitted by /u/Glori4n
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment