• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 10, 2020

    Fallout | Would you guys like to be be able to find books in future Fallout games that you can not only collect but also read like in the Elder Scrolls?

    Fallout | Would you guys like to be be able to find books in future Fallout games that you can not only collect but also read like in the Elder Scrolls?


    Would you guys like to be be able to find books in future Fallout games that you can not only collect but also read like in the Elder Scrolls?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    Mountain Mama take me home

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    So my wife bought me Fallout 4 for our anniversary. We were up at walmart and she knows I love games like this. Now I'm usually playing ESO so moving from magic to machine was a bit diffrent. But oh my God the intro music. No symphony! When leaving the vault literally reeled me in. Now Im exploring around with my dog :D

    submitted by /u/WardingDemons
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Doodles :-)

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    My PlayStation 4 broke down a while ago and I haven't been able to play since, but recently I got an assignment to draw some art style direction analysis sheets and I chose Fallout! I love this game so much. fallout 4 doodles

    submitted by /u/f0rneus
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas is a Western? And how does this make you feel?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    I was feeling all nostalgic, and wanting to watch some good Western movies (I went with The Man With No Name Trilogy, for those curious), and stumbled across this page of western video games on Wikipedia. Obviously, now I have to play the shit out of Red Dead Redemption.

    However, I was surprised to find Fallout New Vegas on this list.

    Then I looked deeper. And this comment has found me.

    ""

    Cowboy hats, leather dusters, six-shooter revolvers, lever-action rifles, bowie knives, tomahawk-throwing tribals, cattle (albeit two-headed), beef barons, rangers, dusty deserts, cooking at a campfire, abandoned mines, cacti, saloons, dynamite, caravan traders, whiskey, sleeping under the stars, farmers, handlebar moustaches, gambling, prostitutes, bounty hunting, Sunset Sarsaparilla, lots & lots of shoot-outs...

    Yup, it's a western.

    ""

    and...

    ""

    On top of the obvious western themes, like cowboys, saloons, the setting, etc. it has a lot of Western literary themes and tropes as well.

    It's a story about a person left for dead, now tracking their would-be killer across the desert for revenge, that's Western as fuck. You're a drifter with a mysterious past and no real home (you've got the Lucky 38 and the room in Novac but neither really feel like a home, just somewhere you can sleep and store stuff). You come wandering in and out of people's lives, making major changes for the better or worse, also common in Western stories. You come to a place that's in the middle of a much larger conflict and end up playing a big role in it, something you often see in Westerns. Even the "good" endings are bittersweet at best, which you see a lot of in Westerns; while individual character arcs can have good resolutions, there's rarely an overall good ending in many Westerns, things might get better but they're still not good, and many people can even be left worse off.

    ""

    Shiiit. New Vegas IS a Western. How do you feel about this? I think Clint Eastwood should have gotten a character in the game now, but whatever. xD

    submitted by /u/Doomsinner
    [link] [comments]

    song that reminds you of fallout?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    for me personally it's "i don't want to set the world on fire" but the ink spots but i'm sure it's different for everyone! so which song, what fallout was it in, and why does it remind you of fallout?

    submitted by /u/stoof_the_oof
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Far Harbor Glitch (Spoilers)

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    I got to the point where DiMa knows what he has done and can be asked to turn himself into the people of Far Harbor, I choose that option and it worked, however he doesn't actually go there, all the people are waiting around, but no matter what I try he just doesn't get a move on please help.

    submitted by /u/Scar11504
    [link] [comments]

    I wonder what the Commonwealth would smell like

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    Playing around with FO4 on Survival mode and I started really thinking about how everything looks, and possibly feels. Then how the food would taste with the radiation being there still. Would Cram still taste like canned meat, or would it taste like something else entirely? But the thing that gets to me the most is the possible smells. There's death everywhere, and it leaves a very noticeable odor. But with two centuries of no industrial pollution the air could have a crisp clean fresh smell, too. There's so many different things to factor and I'm curious about everyone's opinions.

    submitted by /u/Zer0_45
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas: *spoilers (I think)* if I do render under caesar will I join Caesar and be on bad terms with the NCR? What other consequences does it have or does it have none?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    Hi there. This is my first run through in New Vegas. Have got to the mission where you demolish Mr houses bunker. Will this make me join Caesar and put me on bad terms with other factions or is it just a main quest? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Banana_Miilk
    [link] [comments]

    Mr. House's Life support system becomes 4000% funnier when you remember that there are ghouls.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    I mean, the dude has like 8 different tubes out of him, is withered as hell, can't survive exposure to the outside world, and literally qualifies as an abomination under the purifier perk. And you think, well, if you have to live to 200+ to fulfill your grand plan, then I guess it's worth it. Except there are ghouls walking around who are also 200 years old, and all you need is some radiation poisoning. Many of them are totally fine (especially in 4 where they're less rotted) except for maybe lack of a nose. He could be hanging out drinking martini's if he had learned about ghoulification, but no, he's stuck in the life-support-pod of hell. D- Planning.

    Edit: Actually, question: When did House hook himself up to the Machines? Before or after the war?

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer
    [link] [comments]

    Why I love the Railroad. (I joined the BOS and felt like a terrible person).

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    For my first playthrough of Fallout 4 I sided with the Railroad and it just really felt like I was doing the right thing when I did it. I personally think they're the best faction to go with for your first playthrough of the game, like sure the Minutemen are good but they're not really connected to the Institute and they haven't really got anything to do with synths (two huge elements of the game), also there's like two members so they're not very interesting to me.

    Speaking of which, I think the Railroad have got some of the best characters in the game, I mean Deacon, Glory, Tinker Tom and Desdemona are all really charming to me, even if we didn't get to see a whole lot of some of them. Sidenote, I really wish we'd got to see more of Glory. It's surprising to me how much enjoyed her character based on how little time we spent with her. I really felt like I'd connected with the all the main characters there, especially Deacon. I mean, I think his backstory is really boring (oh wow, another dead spouse) but I'd like to believe that it was just another lie and his real backstory is a lot more interesting lol. He may not have that emotional depth of Nick Valentine or even Hancock, but I still love having him around. The shit he comes out with makes me laugh and characters with a sense of humour are always a win tbf. Honestly I feel like i'd have missed out on a lot if I'd chosen another faction on my first playthrough, the Brotherhood felt so cold and lifeless in comparison. That's just my opinion though.

    People argue that all the Railroad does is help synths, that they don't benefit the Commonwealth in any other way and to that I say, that's the whole point... They exist to help the most oppressed group of people in the Commonwealth, the people most humans wouldn't give the time of day, and that's if they don't straight up kill them. Humanity is in a shitty situation sure, but most of them have eachother, and even the ghouls have eachother but the escapee synths have no chance of surviving without the Railroad. And why shouldn't SOMEONE try and help synths anyway? They're trying to escape slavery and persecution. It's not a waste of time because they're people too and deserve as much of a chance at life as anyone else. Also, it's not like the Railroad are there to take over the Commonwealth with a synth army at their backs, they're there to help the synths that already exist, they don't want more to exist.

    For my current playthough I decided to try out the Brotherhood of Steel for a bit, at least until I got to Blind Betrayal as I didn't bother with them at all in my first playthrough. (I'm going for the Minutemen ending where I leave all the factions alive.) And I've got to say, for me, the Brotherhood's only selling points were Danse and the Prydwen. In fact, I only joined them to see what Danse was like as a companion. But the rest of their story... felt cold. I mean I guess that's the point really but still. Danse and Haylen were the only characters I liked, and I use the term 'like' very loosely because if these people existed in real life I'd probably hate them. I mean they're working for a group of racist bigots lol. And don't even get me started on Maxson. Honestly if it didn't mean I'd lose Danse as a companion, I'd have shot him by now, he's such a miserable character. Again I'm sure that's the point, but damn, the game REALLY wants you to feel bad about siding with the Brotherhood. Desdemona isn't the most interesting character in the world but you can tell she's got a good heart and she makes you feel like you're actually a part of something important. Maxson on the other hand treats you like shit. He's got a cool coat though.

    The Brotherhood are already pretty powerful so I didn't feel like I made much of a difference in joining them, aside from infiltratrating the Institute I guess. With the Railroad, entering the Institute felt a lot more important, because EVERYTHING about these guys is related to the Institute. The Brotherhood want to take the Institute down, yeah, but to me, it didn't feel as though they were taking as big of a risk in sending me there. The Institute could take down the Railroad so easily if they found them, and they show you how this is the case by taking you to the Switchboard. The Railroad are tiny, and they have to be secretive to survive and I just found that so much more engaging because you know that their entire existence hinges on your choices, it's not like that with any other faction. I suppose except for the Institute...but those guys are really powerful as well, so it doesn't really feel as rewarding when you're fighting for them. You're just beating up the little guy. I think that's a lot of what it boils down to for me, it felt a lot more rewarding to win as the smallest faction. Sneaking around the Prydwen and then blowing it up felt a lot more rewarding than just kicking down the Railroad's door with a small army decked out in suits of power armor. The Railroad stood no chance in that situation because of their size and lack of resources. I felt like a shitty person when I did it. I don't know why it hurt as much as it did to see all their names on that list, especially Deacon's. Idk why im so invested in them all aha. Usually when I side with the factions I see as 'evil' in videogames I don't come out feeling like a bad person irl but in this case I did, oops. By the way, I'm still doing the Minutemen ending where nobody is destroyed so I loaded an older save after I did it, I just wanted to see what would happen.

    To be honest, I think I've spent too much time travelling with Nick Valentine and Deacon to really give an unbiased perspective on this whole thing, but I guess that wasn't really the point of this post anyway. I just really like the Railroad. Sure, maybe some of their methods are flawed but you can tell they're good people. To me, The Minutemen are alright, the Brotherhood of Steel are racist bigots and the Insitute are straight up supervillains. But it's all just my opinion ofc. If you prefer another faction I'd like to hear why. Sorry this whole thing is a mess, I'm just typing out my thoughts as they come to me.

    submitted by /u/boldnbrashsquid
    [link] [comments]

    Vault tec being responsible for the apocalypse. If they caused the destruction, what point would all the data collected from the vaults serve if most people on earth are are dead and society is destroyed?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Randall Clark's Story Broke Me

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Ever since I started playing New Vegas, one of the DLC's really stood out to me from all the rest. That being Honest Hearts. Why? At the time, I couldn't really tell you.

    The way Zion valley is and the tribes. A random job you decide to take after listening to the radio broadcast, met with the familiar and lovable voice acting of Dave Finnoy (Other wise known as Lee from the walking dead). And lets not forget that opening. Holy shit, when the white legs attacked and all of our caravan hands died off one by one, you felt lost, in unknown territory and our only option is to push onward and hope we can find a way back. Considering it was probably the first DLC I ever played, maybe that's why it stuck with me so much

    Not to mention the fact that the DLC even ties back to the main story with Joshua Graham and that deep sexy voice of his and how interesting of a character he is. At the time I didn't really know much about what was going on, but I did find myself enthralled by the entire DLC, and kept my attention the entire way through. While being on the shorter side of the DLC's I still thought it was really good. I think I went with Daniel's ending when I had first played the DLC, and found out something quite interesting.

    The Courier doesn't believe in God. Whether or not you the player does. Which is fascinating.

    But that's not why I'm writing this.

    What made this DLC go from "Pretty cool, and interesting" to phenomenal was the story of Randall Clark.

    Who's Randall Clark?

    For those who either never bothered or never knew him or his story. A long story short is Randall Clark is known as the survivalist or better known to the Sorrows as "The Father in the Caves." He then spent approximately 47 YEARS surviving Zion valley after the bombs fell in 2077.

    Like a lot of people, I overlooked the story, and missed a lot of context, nuance, and impact the story had.

    But after a while and finally coming back to New Vegas, and going through Zion Valley again, this time, I went through the process of finding each and every one of the terminals and reading them. I'm much older, and much wiser then I was a few years ago.

    As I read each terminal entry aloud, to myself. The entire time, I felt a tightness in my chest, especially in the later terminal entries. Each one was harder and harder to read through not because it was bad, but because I knew where he ended up and I found myself struggling to keep it together.

    Then came the final note.

    I got to the third paragraph before the tears started streaming down my cheeks, but I kept reading. And even now, looking at the transcript in my tabs, I still feel the tightness in my chest, and that line "I tell them that I'm giving them Zion as a gift to make up for all the sorrows of their lives so far and all the sorrows man has visited on man." never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

    Whatever your thoughts were on the DLC, the best thing about this DLC was that story. I'm a tough nut to crack, but even I know and will admit, I cried during this story because of how well it's written. To this day, it has been an inspiration in a lot of my writing. The only time I ever cried that hard was playing FFXV. Which just speaks volumes to how incredible this DLC and New Vegas is as a whole.

    submitted by /u/DexxToress
    [link] [comments]

    FO76 spring bindle pack seasonal trees and bramble should place in farmable garden floors

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Kind of bought the spring bundle solely to use in the settlers garden upper floor tiles, only to find they can't be placed there. I have a vision for an upper level tree garden, let's make it happen people!

    submitted by /u/pencilvested
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 - Struggling with FPS on a high end PC

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    I recently (as in, within the last month) got a new PC and went o play FO4 on it. It's a pretty good spec - I'm not posting from the machine in question but it is a recent Ryzen 6 core, with GTX 2080 Super and 32GB of RAM. However, I am only getting around 36 FPS.

    Spent an hour or so last night googling and trying various fixes suggested.

    • Installed ENB
    • Turned off native Vsync using ini file and capped it with Nvidia Control Panel
    • Tried Nvidia Inspector to cap to 60FPS
    • Turned off god rays
    • Fiddled with Windowed/fullscreen/borderless
    • Changed monitor refresh rate

    At best, I am now getting a solid 40 FPS, maybe slightly higher if I look at a wall. But I should be getting 60 FPS surely? I think it may have something to do with the monitor - it's a 1440p one so I have tried adjusting the res in the launcher options. Am now playing at 1080p but as above, I am still only at 40FPS.

    Am I doing something wrong? I'm certain this used to run better and smoother on my (much older) PC but crucially, using the same monitor, before I moved to the new one.

    submitted by /u/ColonelMoutarde30
    [link] [comments]

    Power Armor discussion

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    (Without modding the game) what is your favorite Power Armor set and what mods do you prefer to apply to the pieces? For me, it's the X-01 I give it Kinetic absorption mod for the legs, Electric bracers on the arms, a medic pump on the torso, a headlamp bright and usually either VATS overlay or the Internal Database for the helmet. All with titanium plating to help increase the strength.

    submitted by /u/Wayne_Nightmare
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 doesn't start on my pc.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I do meet all the requirements to run the game. I open the launcher, hit play and it just doesn't start.

    Edit: managed to make it run by downloading a mod that disabled gfwl. If anyone is also looking for this solution, like I was, even though it's been like what, 10 years this game came out? I think the mod is called gfwl or something, and it's on nexus.

    Edit: nevermind thank you Bethesda now I can't start a save game

    submitted by /u/dalbomeister
    [link] [comments]

    [F76] how to fix an ounce of prevention bug?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    The terminal says there is no blood sample in the centrifuge but I put it in there and I can't get another one. I am disappointed I came back to this game after not playing since beta and now I can't even progress in the story.

    submitted by /u/PhatPotato_Man
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the scariest vault in the Fallout series?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Sanctuary Hills My first Settlement Build{please be gentle} Fallout 4

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Battle at Bunker Hill bug?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm playing my first playthrough of fo4, I'm with the railroad all the way, haven't done any BoS quest, a few of the minutemen...

    I was going to do Battle on the bunker hill, I warned the railroad, and when I reunited with the courser before goin in to Bunker Hill (which is also being attacked by the BoS), I blew his head off, went inside, found the synths (at this point I got two quest markers about dealing with the synths inside bunker hill and one to meet father at the CIT ruins), left them and went to meet father...

    I feel like I missed something or some part of the quest was bugged?

    submitted by /u/Rhamnousia1
    [link] [comments]

    Good news you get to choose how Bethesda remakes The original fallout is it isometric turn based Game , or is it brought into the FPS first person like all the other Bethesda fallout games?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Which one would you personally prefer isometric gameplay or FPS. Both would be very interesting although personally I would think that the FPS game would do better. Most people do not want to play a turn based RPG and would probably judge the game negatively on it being turn-based personally I think that the FPS would do a lot better. Although it would be a Bethesda game so it would probably be very buggy. What are your opinions?

    submitted by /u/seagulls60
    [link] [comments]

    I’m replaying fallout 4 and I just got to diamond city and I still love piper

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Like, she genuinely cares about people who would scold her and yell at her, simply trying to keep people safe and informed, I relate to her a lot and really like her character, let me know what companion you really like and why

    submitted by /u/DisturbedSoul88
    [link] [comments]

    What just happened

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    I just was walking around the world of fallout 4 and cam upon a sewer,I went in and eventually realised this is the compound(for the covenant mission which i had not started)i left not wanting to mess the game up and then stumbled upon covenant,the guy at the front acted like he knew me and the gate was just open,i reloaded the save not knowing what this would do to the game.It seams kinda cheaty and i want to know if this has happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/yereeboy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment