• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 8, 2020

    Fallout | Fallouts playerbase is awesome

    Fallout | Fallouts playerbase is awesome


    Fallouts playerbase is awesome

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    In 76 I died while AFK and my own teammate took the scrap I had diligently scrounged together to repair my weapon. He refused to return it and I left the whole ordeal annoyed. I went back to my C.A.M.P. and a guy comes up and wants to trade with me. I assume while in the trading menu he saw my weapon (All Rise) was broken, so he crafted and dropped me a brand new Grognak's axe! It was a small but heartwarming moment that made my day that much better.

    submitted by /u/w_oos_y
    [link] [comments]

    Benny has performed a miracle

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    I killed Benny at the fort in a one on one knife fight and I have Maria to prove it, I go back to the tops to progress the story by taking control of Vegas myself, but out of all the times I've played the game I've never seen Benny spawn at the presidential suite AFTER I killed him. Anybody know why this happened

    submitted by /u/BrokeBankNinja
    [link] [comments]

    An in-depth exoneration of Chris Avellone, Designer of Fallout 2, Writer for FNV, Project Lead for 3/4 FNV expansions.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    Finally buying new Vegas

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I bought fallout 4 when it first came out, and I loved every second of it. I have done numerous play throughs with and without mods. However, everyone seems to crap on fallout 4. I have no basis because it's the only one I've played, but it seems pretty unanimous that New Vegas is the best one. So what I'm wondering if there is anything (no spoilers please) I should know before playing. I'm getting it tomorrow and I'm super excited, I've never heard a bad thing about this game.

    submitted by /u/MrSillyman1321
    [link] [comments]

    Two companions I'd love to see in Fallout 5

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    The first companion I'd like to see has been suggested by people before but I'd love to see an intelligent deathclaw that descended from the talking deathclaws from Fallout 2. It would be so cool to have a deathclaw watching your back. I won't elaborate into this all that much as many have suggested it before and given much better ideas.

    The second is the one I really want to see, ED-E from new vegas. ED-E was a very important part of lonesome road and it never really felt like his story was over. Since ED-E wanders around it would make sense where ever you find him... Okay I just want ED-E back goddammit!

    submitted by /u/Lego_Aerius
    [link] [comments]

    What is the CREEPIEST location in Fallout?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    So I finally reached tranquility lane simulation in Vault 112. It is so creepy to me. Fallout has lots of a creepy locations and interactions but this one really got to me. The sepia tones, the little girl with the grown man voice, and the creepy music that plays in the abandoned house!

    What do you think is the creepiest/scariest location or interaction in all the fallout games?

    submitted by /u/alwaysouroboros
    [link] [comments]

    I'm Idolized by the NCR, so why did an NCR MP attack me, and will it hurt my standing with the NCR since I was forced to kill him?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Alright, I'm very confused about something that just happened. I have been playing the NCR storyline, and I am idolized by the group.

    I want to Vault 21 to turn some vault suits and "rest". On the way, I did interact with an MP who was near the embassy, but all his dialog tree had was an option to exit.

    Well, I turned in the suits and then "rested." Before anything else could happen, an NCR MP shows up randomly and says that I've been working against the interests of the NCR and I need to be killed.

    He then attacks me. I defend myself and kill him. It does not say I gained any infamy with the NCR, and I'm still Idolized. But I don't know what to do.

    Should I reload an old game? Is this just some random bug that won't happen again? I'm worried that if I step out onto the strip, I'll be attacked and things will get worse.

    I have been doing the Brotherhood of Steel part of the story, mainly so I can make them allies with the NCR at some point in the future.

    If it means anything, I do have the DLC Packs "Dead Money and "Honest Hearts" installed and I am playing the Xbox 360 version on my Xbox One.

    submitted by /u/Caryslan
    [link] [comments]

    I finally bought a PC and want to get into making mods, anyone wanna help me out by answering some newbie questions?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    1) I want to make a mod to add new paintings/pictures to hang up in settlements. How would I go about doing that?

    2) I want to make a small radio station with about 20 songs, I already have the songs downloaded and the host lines recorded. Where do I go from here?

    3) How hard is it to make a new companion? Like with dialogue and all that good stuff?

    submitted by /u/Aurora_Vorealis
    [link] [comments]

    My lake house build

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 04:57 AM PDT

    I finally did a Railroad playthrough and felt underwhelmed

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    I finally did a Railroad playthrough and they feel the least satisfying to me of all the factions to side with. Sure, they've got cool characters and whatnot but I ultimately found their motives and end-goal to be rather non-sensical.

    The Railroad's main goal is to free synths, but you're killing the faction that creates them. So are they trying to stop all synth production or just free all the ones that are currently "slaves" of the institute?

    At least with the BOS, you get to keep working with Danse (who is an awesome companion), plus you get vertibirds, power armor, and power armor bodyguards. I guess the BOS can be considered power-hungry dicks but the Institute is run by your son that admits you were basically released as an experiment with no real expectations of you surviving and that most of what they do in the commonwealth is conduct experiments on it's inhabitants. At least the BOS's gripes with the Institutes intentions are largely spot-on, so they make a more logical choice for me to side with.

    Oh, and to top it off, I hate how many missions you have to do for the Institute before you can finally turn against them with the Railroad. I felt awful at the mission where you have to retrieve that scientist for the Institute and had to kill the band of Minutemen. I had Nick as my companion and he gave me a good scolding that made me feel awful (and I didn't want to do it either). Just kind of annoyed how many bridges you had to burn just to finally get to the point where you finally take down the Institute with the Railroad, and again, feel like their end-goal is silly... Destroy the place that makes the very things you're trying to liberate. What does the Railroad REALLY do after all that? The Institute is dead. What's the point?

    submitted by /u/midgitsuu
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Hawaii ,endemic life suggestions

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    I want to start off by saying that if a fallout 5 were to exist, I would really love to see Hawaii as the location. There is a ton of reasons why it would be a great location but that's not the focus of this post.

    Me and a couple friends made an endemic life list for a fallout set in Hawaii and we could use a little help and ideas from others.

    Go wild honestly just want to hear some suggestions

    An example of one we came up with is a 4 legged hammer head land shark comparable to a yao guai in power but much faster in the water.

    submitted by /u/ikaika_sparten
    [link] [comments]

    Is the ps now version of new Vegas more stable to play than the PS3 version

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Hi guys I've played new Vegas twice once on 360 and on PS3 ultimate edition but it would get to a point where the game couldn't handle my save so I had to start all over. So is the ps now version better to play I know it doesn't have dlc which isn't that bad.

    submitted by /u/jbambrough2000
    [link] [comments]

    Finally playing a 'No unnecessary murder' run on Fallout 3

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    Since I first played Fallout 3 around 2010 I've always given into the urge to just massacre anything and everything in the capital wasteland but recently, after I purchased the game for roughly the 4th time I decided no more, I want to complete most of not all quests and have good karma throughout my whole playthrough (granted once I feel I've exhausted all my options and am left at a dead end I'll probably wipe all life from the face of the game) I am unfortunately missing the Mothership Zeta dlc but I don't feel like I'm missing out too badly as I've already played and completed it multiple times previoisly.

    submitted by /u/mullet_txche
    [link] [comments]

    Faction Compatibility

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    I need to know what factions are compatible with The Raiders or the Children of Atom. I like that the raiders have a unique approach to settlements along with some unique structures but I was also curious how these factions affect the story and how they change the ending?

    submitted by /u/Bazil2009
    [link] [comments]

    Prewar Military. Enclave or Brotherhood of Steel?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    I'm confused as to which faction actually is prewar US Military.

    One game says Maxon's group and Taggerty's squad is all that's left of the US Military and they become the Brotherhood of Steel.

    In another instalment in the game (I can't remember which one) says the Enclave are prewar US military.

    🤔🤔🤔🤔

    submitted by /u/kaasnipes
    [link] [comments]

    Stealth Boy in Fallout 4

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    As far as Im aware Tinker Tom is the only merchant selling them. So if you side with the Institute (or bos) is it just not possible to acquire anymore of them once you've collected all the finite ones in the wasteland?

    submitted by /u/Mikkelue01
    [link] [comments]

    Did you know that the Gary clones could talk?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    I'm on my third playthrough of fallout 3 an was playing as a stealth assassin. I decided to raid vault 108 and went in very quietly. Upon "looking down the sights" with my silenced 10mm at one of the Garies heads. The Gary looked right at me and said "I wouldn't to that if I were you" right as I pulled the trigger. I tried this on a few more Garies and sure enough they threatened me while I was still undetected. But when I put a grenade in ones pants or became detected they would start screaming "GARY" at me.

    submitted by /u/TheSubscribble
    [link] [comments]

    For me, Mr. House and Yes-Man are the better factions than the ncr and the legion

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    Need help since I’m a first time modder from any veterans

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    So I just got into modding and I'm trying to use the manufacturing extended mod, but I can't find the auto butcher or recycler at all. They aren't with the rest of the stuff in conveyor and I can't find them can some one help me out here? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jroberson8234
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for me to unlock bunker hill right off the bat?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    I went to bunker hill for the first time and Kessler immediately lets me use the workshop. I didn't know getting the settlement was that easy.

    EDIT: WTF! Just found out there's 3K caps in the workshop inventory

    submitted by /u/Charles0802
    [link] [comments]

    It happened burn out.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    It actually happened. I have done everything in fallout 3 4 and New Vegas. In New Vegas I beat the game and all of its major DLCs. In fallout 3 I beat the game in all of its major DLCs. In fallout 4 I played four characters each one for each faction so I basically beat it all the DLCs 4 times with that game. And I mean fallout it's fun but I've done everything and I don't know what else there is to do but I'm taking a break from fallout. so I'm not going to watch any fallout YouTubers play any of the games listen to Bethesda hate rants. But it was fine I enjoy the franchise but I need a break. And plus no more scrolling through the fallout subreddits. So I'll just play fallout 4 in January of 2021. Bye 😎

    submitted by /u/vaultsepticeye21
    [link] [comments]

    System for a TTRPG Fallout

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    I'm currently working on a P&P campaign in Fallout setting(West Coast, per se. So more of a 1, 2 and New Vegas esthetics) and I'm still questioning the system I should use. My original thought was GURPS, but I would love to hear some other variants

    submitted by /u/Geeky__Nerd
    [link] [comments]

    FALLOUT 3 GAME OF THE YEAR - Listed Crash Report & Solutions that Might Help You.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Sorry, I know this is old, but I kind of need to post it, since the old post were either buried below or somewhere.

    After reading through every bloody Steam discussion forums, I am going to listed several problems of the cause of crash and why. Solution may included, but I cannot guaranteed it will help, because the problem could occurred randomly based on your experience.

    1. Crash during opening/character creation.
      ISSUE: Graphic Cards (mostly, but others claimed otherwise, I'm not sure because there is more)
      FIX: Go to this link: [https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24302] and place each files to their separate directory.

    2. Won't launch after clicking the bloody PLAY button.
      ISSUE: A recurring problems with Game For Windows Live that is discontinued.
      FIX: Download this .DLL [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jSpfCNoDBIWm2SIaQL5xkbfjWUjJ0L6s/view?usp=sharing] and place it in the game directory (Where you installed it >> steamapps >> common >> fallout 3 goty/Click right on Fallout 3 and Browse Local File)

    3. DLC is missing
      ISSUE: It's just the way it is, honestly.
      FIX: After you play, don't CLICK THE BLOODY PLAY BUTTON YET! Go to Data Files, check all the Box on the DLC, or just LOAD ALL LOOSE FILES, then ok. And then PLAY. After you finished the prologue. You will received a bloody notification of the DLC mission and a LEVEL CAP that raise to Level 30.

    4. ALT+TAB, will crash.
      ISSUE: I don't bloody know about this. Many claimed it's because of the compatibility problem, but others claimed otherwise.
      FIX: Go to this link [https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/16001] and place the file on their designated directory. If you want to go to bloody detail, read the mod description on to install it.

    5: LOW FPS
    ISSUE: Graphic Cards that is either Too Low/Too Med/Too High/Too Ultra/Too ULTRA-ULTRA BULL$H!T still experiencing this problem.
    FIX: It's long, but I hope it helps. If it doesn't, you may experiencing it at your own perspective. Here's a guide created by SiTheHandsomeGuy.

    - Go to - This PC > Documents > My Games > Fallout3

    - Open the FalloutPrefs.ini file

    - Scroll down and find the [TerrainManager]

    - Replace these variables:

    fBlockLoadDistance=125000.0000 -> fBlockLoadDistance=75000.0000
    fTreeLoadDistance=26000.0000 -> fTreeLoadDistance=13000.0000
    fBlockLoadDistanceLow=50000.0000 -> fBlockLoadDistanceLow=30000.0000

    - Now scroll up and find the [Display] tab

    - Go down and find change these variables:

    fShadowLODStartFade=x -> fShadowLODRange=270

    [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

    Only do this if you have a NVIDIA Graphics Card:

    - While still in the [Display] tab, replace this variable:

    iPresentInterval=1 -> iPresentInterval=0

    - Now exit FalloutPrefs.ini and open your NVIDIA Control Panel
    (Right-Click your desktop and find the NVIDIA Control Panel)

    - In 3D Settings go to > Manage 3D settings > I would like to use the following 3D settings: > Program Settings

    - Under 'Select a program to customize:' find Fallout 3 (fallout3.exe)

    - In '2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:' change this:

    [Use global setting(Auto-select: NVIDIA GPU)] -> [High-performance NVIDIA processor]

    - Now go through '3. Specify the settings for this program:' and select 'Vertical sync'

    - Change this:

    Vertical sync [Use global setting(Use the 3D application setting)] -> Vertical sync [Off]

    (((While you are in the NVIDIA Control Panel you might as well go through this list
    and try your best to set all the settings to high-performance. If you don't know
    what some things are/do, look below the list and find 'Description:' and
    'Typical use scenarios:'. This will tell you what that certain setting does, and
    the examples on how to use them.)))

    - When you are finished making your changes, click [Apply] in the bottom right, and wait for it to load.

    - Close the NVIDIA Control Panel

    [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

    - Now exit FalloutPrefs.ini and go to FALLOUT.INI

    - Go down and find [General]

    - Replace these variables:

    (((uExterior Cell Buffer and uGridsToLoad are very sketchy! What this will
    do is lower the chunks you render, which will increase performance, but it can
    come with some side-effects that could include, messing up your save file, and
    or screwing up quests/radio stations/anything that applies, that can only be
    accessed via distance. All in all, if you continue with this, be careful!
    I warned you!))) - [This was a comment and critique made by: tgspy]

    (For High Performance)
    uExterior Cell Buffer=36 -> uExterior Cell Buffer=25
    uGridsToLoad=5 -> uGridsToLoad=4

    (For even Higher Performance)
    uExterior Cell Buffer=36 -> uExterior Cell Buffer=16
    uGridsToLoad=5 -> uGridsToLoad=3

    - Good to go! This should give you at least 10-25 added frames. Enjoy!

    1. Random Crash
      ISSUE: At this point, I really don't bloody know, because there is a LOT MORE THAT everyone reported. Some just minding their own business and f@#k all, others just crash/freeze during random moments. But here is a listed issue that I experience.
      - Crash at randomly
      - Crash after switching on/off controller
      - Crash during combat.
      - Crash when going to some place.
      - Crash when unlocking perks with console command [~].
      - Crash going into Tennpenny tower/Megaton apartement
      - Crash/bug talking to "certain NPC"
      - etc.
      FIX: Well, I cannot guaranteed it will help, but I will list that helped me and others most. Others, well I don't know. Because this experience may vary on each perspective.
      - If you are playing FOSE, but use the save files from a VANILLA game, it will cause constant crash. PLAY FOSE in FOSE with the launcher and the same/created FOSE save files and play VANILLA in the VANILLA GAM with the vanilla launcher and the same/created VANILLA save files. DO NOT OVERWRITE or change a goddamn thing in your SAVE FILES. If you are confused and often forgot. Name Your FOSE/Vanilla save file like this:
      EXAMPLE: "(FOSE/VANILLA/*Whatever That Makes You Remember) [Player Name/Insert Your Name]. It will be saved like this: [(FOSE/VANILLA/*WHATEVER) John/Jane]
      - Sometimes it's your graphic card, but with Section Number 1 to help, it won't cause crash.
      - As for NPC, download this patch: [https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19122]. It helps fix most bugs and some problems in the game.
      - If you want to add perks on console that you cannot achieved until later quest (POWER ARMOR PERK for EXAMPLE), I recommend to play it on FOSE. But if you are playing it with Vanilla version, I recommend to save constantly.
      - As For Entering places, I still don't know. But it mostly because Graphic Cards or the Multicore Render failed. But I think with the UNOFFICIAL PATCH, it fix the issue for most parts.

    That would be all. Regardless, you can listed the issue by commenting below and I will add that and I hope for those who is about to purchase the game find this guide helpful.

    I HAVE SPOKEN.
    - RESENTMENT

    submitted by /u/RSNTM3NT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment