• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 27, 2020

    Fallout | This is a fallout 4 Radio appreciation post.

    Fallout | This is a fallout 4 Radio appreciation post.


    This is a fallout 4 Radio appreciation post.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    Fallout 1 can’t get water chip

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    This is my first time playing fallout 1. I decided to get hardened power armor and plasma rifle before going to before going to necropolis. The mutants killed all of the ghouls and I am in the vault. When I interact with the computer it says" the computer cannot be repaired without the water chip".

    submitted by /u/Umbreon7707
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite Raider Banter?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    *spoilers*
    Mine favourite one has to be when you go to Hardware Town, kill the settler before she runs in, and sneak in through the basement. The raiders argue about what's taking so long, and eventually, one will kill another. This has to be my favourite banter in the whole game, let alone raider banter.

    submitted by /u/Doomsinner
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout: A L A M O

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/1rDFQTi.jpg

    Here is the finalized version of my rough draft of a mock-up for a fantasy fallout game. I have this one centered around the area of the Texas commonwealth(-Arkansas). I tried to find factors that would make it a unique game experience from other games in the series so far. I chose Texas because of its unique cultural identity among several places in the United States. I plan on doing a couple more in this series to cover other unique and rather unexplored areas in the fallout universe. There are a lot of cryptids/folklore/mysteries that would resonate well with the series and this is my attempt to explore them. Any criticism is welcome!

    All artwork is pulled from google/deviant art/Pintrest and ran through affinity filters.

    submitted by /u/Zah96
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: You can still get fallout 76 on steam from linking your Bethesda account!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    I've linked my steam account on my Bethesda account about two or three weeks ago and yesterday the game appeared in my library!

    Proof: http://imgur.com/a/HyptLiq

    submitted by /u/Mantviis
    [link] [comments]

    Probably a personal problem, but what’s that item(s) you hoard, but hardly ever use?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    For me, it's any form of Nuka-Cola

    submitted by /u/TheEeveemaster123
    [link] [comments]

    Will we ever see another usable vehicle in the Fallout universe?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    The Corvega from F2 was classic and such an amazing reward for putting the work into fixing it up. I know there are mods to add vehicles, but do you think there will ever be another vehicle that's part of the base game?

    submitted by /u/Erock19680
    [link] [comments]

    Classic Fallout 1 can be played in a browser!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Hey all, I just found a link to play Fallout 1, online in a browser. It uses a DosBox embed. Warning, lots of ads, but it's pretty legit. I only tried it in Chrome, I'm not sure if it works in FireFox/Safari/etc

    If you're like me and want to play Fallout from the beginning because it seems like your country won't ever get over covid (USA! USA!) I hope you enjoy it :)

    Fallout 1 Browser Edition

    submitted by /u/Discourteous_Driver
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout76 screws me over to the point I can’t enjoy it

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    It's so stupid twice the game screwed me I was fighting the colossus with my friends and the first time I died right as the event ended so I lost a big chunk of the junk I was carrying for ammo cause the mine closed. And the second time we were fighting the colossus I had died right as we killed it so instead of going down the game insta killed me so I didn't get to loot his body and I didn't get event rewards. I want to love this game but it's making it so hard

    submitted by /u/HourCartographer9
    [link] [comments]

    Why did not any state like NCR develop in Washington and/or Commonwealth after 200 years?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Horses could’ve been an awesome edition to Fallout 4

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Okay hear me out, minuteman patrols on horseback all around the commonwealth. maybe have a mission similar to paul reveres nighttime ride? and what would be cooler than sending a flare into the sky, and hearing the sound of hoofbeats get slowly louder until you finally see it, a minuteman wielding his trusty laser musket riding a majestic two headed stallion. that is all.

    submitted by /u/Hulksdogg
    [link] [comments]

    If you were leading the creation of fallout 5 what would you explore more in depth?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    Could be maybe a gameplay mechanic or a lore aspect, something to make the game feel different and better than the others

    submitted by /u/AVeryConfusedMice
    [link] [comments]

    The story of Fallout 4 is actually really good

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    I'm not going to say that it was delivered in the best possible way for everyone, or that the game properly conveys these ideas all the time, but I firmly believe that the actual story being told and the ideas presented within Fallout 4 are really interesting.

    The story is that of a parent who has had their whole life turned upside down in the blink of an eye, and now has to find their child who has been taken from them in the irradiated wasteland they once called home 200 years ago. Along the way, they meet various groups of people all with their own struggles that are actually very closely connected.

    They meet a group of people calling themselves the "Minutemen", a name this person is very familiar with due to their own historical knowledge of the country they once lived in. They meet a group of soldiers calling themselves the "Brotherhood of Steel", which is a familiar concept to them due to either having been in the military, or having a husband who was in the military. They then meet the "Railroad", a group of freedom fighters/underground operatives, a direct parallel to the Railroad they are likely familiar with due to their historical knowledge as well.

    And of course, numerous other smaller groups of people (Diamond City, Goodneighbour, etc.) all with ties to places they likely knew.

    It's a world filled with things they know nothing about, but at the same time know everything about.

    This is made no more clear than with Father. Their own son, who they frankly didn't know much about (because he was a baby) other than their direct blood connection, is now a fully grown person older than themselves. They are still parent and son, they still know as much about each other as they did before, but the circumstances are now entirely different.

    The question then becomes whether or not the past is worth clinging on to. Do you identify and join with the things that you are most familiar with? Do you cling on to your son who has had an entire life without you? Or do you let go and forge a new path, leaving your past behind. Do you find a new lover, or hold on to the love of your past self?

    Now some people really don't care or resonate with that story, and I totally get that. But can we at least acknowledge that it is an interesting one, even if we don't personally care?

    Now that's a touching story, but it's not the real meat n' potatoes of the ideas present id 4. That goes to the Synths, and what it means to be human.

    For this, there are really only 3 factions worth talking about: Railroad, Brotherhood, Institute. (Minutemen are more of a side group, hence why they live in all of the other groups endings)

    The Institute creates synthetic humans (shortened into Synths) by using the DNA of Father and constructing them in a lab using what is likely a heavily modified FEV combined with the DNA. They implant ideas into the heads of the beings, and use them as tools.

    The Institute believes these Synths to be the way forward for humanity. The only problem is, they aren't entirely sure how they are the way forward. They were conceptualised and originally (still) built to be tools/machines, as a tireless workforce modelled after the perfect machine they knew of: humans. The problem has arisen that these synths seem to have free will. This has caused a schism within the Institute, with it seemingly being split in half with some members (mostly younger members) believing the Synths could be seen as equals, and could essentially become nothing more than un-irradiated humans, while others (mostly the older members) believe that the Synths are nothing more than tools/robots. This divide is once again perfectly seen through Father, who through almost the entire time you know him tells you they are nothing more than machines, but constantly shows cracks in that facade, ending with him asking you to raise the Synth Shaun like you would have raised him, as he truly believe they are sentient, with free will, and really are more like humans grown in a tube than simply just machines.

    The Brotherhood believes the Synths to be abominations, disgusting combinations of flesh and machine that should never happen. They believe humans to be a pure thing, that should never be corrupted (hence their hatred of Ghouls too). They cite the mechanical parts fused with flesh, implanted ideas, and say that no machine should have free will. However, the game purposefully gave this idea to the Brotherhood, since it shows how flawed those arguments are. They literally walk around in giant suits of metal, with Proctor Ingram requiring her suit to even walk, which is a fusing of Flesh and Machine. The say the synths have ideals and ideas planted within them, but are a militaristic order who constantly tell their soldiers what's right and what's wrong, implanting ideas and ideals in their heads. They say no machine should free will since that's something that is innately human, but, as Nick so eloquently puts it, "Why? You jealous you had to turn yours in?" since, as stated before, they are a militaristic order so they have to follow the commands of their higher ups.

    The Railroad believes Synths are 100% people, and should be treated as such. They constantly fight to free them from the Institute. However, this freedom fighting constantly comes at the cost of other lives. Furthermore, as pointed out by DiMA, they wipe the memories of the Synths, making them believe they are human. If the railroad truly believed the Synths were human, is hiding their identity behind a lie really the best way of doing this?

    The game constantly shows the flaws in the ideologies and actions of these groups, and really makes you question what the Synths are, and what the best thing to do with them is.

    I think the Story of 4 is often dismissed unfairly, and while there are times its ideas could have been delivered better, I think it works perfectly fine as is.

    submitted by /u/Bando10
    [link] [comments]

    The fallout raiders defined

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    1.The disciples are just emo kids

    2.The operators are just the rich kids

    3.The Pack are furrys

    4.The forged are kids that carry match's with them

    5.Trappers are just the fishing club

    6.the regular raiders are just "Normal People"

    submitted by /u/the_17th_Philosipher
    [link] [comments]

    One of my favorite Easter Eggs of NV is the Ranger Unification statue

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    The statue with the Desert Rangers shaking hands with an NCR commando and being dissolved into their faction.

    For those who don't know, Wasteland was the inspiration behind the Fallout franchise. It is also worth noting that with the Microsoft acquisition of Obsidian and Inxile (creators and the holders of the Wasteland series). The symbolism is now perfect.

    submitted by /u/rock1m1
    [link] [comments]

    Role playing as Dr. Fauci in Fallout 4

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    Hi all, I'm planning on playing Fallout 4 while I stream and using Dr. Anthony Fauci as the basis for my character. I don't plan on playing through the entire game, but what would be some quests you would for sure do that make sense with fighting disease or what perks would you spec into him? I don't mind playing it a little loose with the interpretation.

    Edit 1: The stat build I started with gave Dr. Fauci 10 Intellect, 7 Perception, 4 Endurance, and 5-6 Charisma (I didnt write it down, but that was roughly it). No points in Strength or Agility or Luck (Because The Fauci makes his own luck). He will get no points in any of those categories, he can go up to 10 perception, he can get a few more endurance points (because of how much bs he has to endure for us). Goals to complete the Fauci Run 1) Build a hospital - this is going to be at the drive-in theater lot. I'll be directing as many people there as I can. 2) Create syringer and develop Covid fighting drugs (so build a souped up syringer and go nuts with it. (this was adapted from previous goal to reflect idea from below) 3) Only fight with lazer/energy guns (once I start acquiring them) 4) Cure Infected....with death (clear out some ghoul nests) 5) Increased security for family (build a small home that's obnoxiously well guarded) 6) (possible, likely) Vault 81 - Hole in the Wall 7) (possible, unlikely) Virgil super mutant cure

    submitted by /u/TiberiusWoodwind
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 Help with recovering a corrupted save file ?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I was playing the game when my house was suddenly hit with a blackout. When I got back to the game, I found that my savefile is placing me at Vault 101, with no items, no quests, no progression, and with my appearance reset to a default male character. My older saves work fine, but the newest functioning one I have is 12 hours behind, and I've made considerable progress since that point.

    If I load a different save first and then try loading the newest save, the game just crashes to desktop.

    I would like to ask if someone here would be able to help me recover my progress. Specifically, I only care about the world progression and exploration. Items and appearance are not an issue, I can cheat myself those with console commands if necessary. But I do not want to redo all the questlines I did all over again.

    I am including a bundle of all my save files here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3CGI4ILHRgdWnhM9IrLyz68cSiDc_v9/view?usp=sharing

    And here is a list of all the mods I have installed:

    https://i.imgur.com/dpQCmqK.png

    I appreciate any help you can give me! ♥

    submitted by /u/Macy64x
    [link] [comments]

    Guys, we really should stop comparing games against each other!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Fallout 1 was a CLASSIC!

    Fallout 2 was INCREDIBLE!

    Fallout 3 was GREAT!

    Brotherhood of Steel

    Fallout NV was AMAZING!

    Fallout 4 was FUN!

    submitted by /u/Dildo_Baggins__
    [link] [comments]

    What Is your favorite Fallout game?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    What are some fun missions in Fallout New Vegas?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    Problem with XBOX controller

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    I have a problem playing Fallout 4 on Windows 10 with my XBOX controller. The right joystick does not respond at all well and in the menus instead of going down one by one when pressing down on the stick or on the D-pad it lowers the options two by two. Has this happened to someone? I don't think it's the controller because with all the other games it works perfect. Also I have to play with gamepad since I'm waiting for the deliver of a new mouse.

    submitted by /u/taniasnow_882
    [link] [comments]

    If operational steel plants and other such facilities exist, why isn't anyone manufacturing anything?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    I've found one in NV and FO4 and both are just occupied by raiders, granted one of these raider gangs is supposedly really scary. I don't understand why a major faction like NCR wouldn't seize these industrial assets. I get that scavenging is part of Fallout's post apocalypse theme, but it's the only way people on the surface gather resources. Don't ask me why anything has survived 200 years of decay. An unusually large number of people also insist on leaving broken pre war furniture and appliances littered throughout the buildings they live in.

    submitted by /u/Voidlord597
    [link] [comments]

    Slightly dark question but what about ghoulified infants

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    If ghouls don't age what about babies that become ghouls? Do they stay babies forever never ageing? Because that sounds like a hellish existence

    submitted by /u/BookerTheTwit
    [link] [comments]

    fallout 3 just won't run on windows 10!! please help!!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    i tried everything:
    running in compatibility mode for windows xp sp3 and administrator mode.

    copied the d3dx9_38 dll.

    installed games for windows live.

    updated all my drivers along with .net and c++ redistributable.

    installed the unofficial patch and the 2009 patch form bethesda.

    installed fallout script extender.

    i tried everything and everytime it gives me the same error:"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click ok to close the application.

    can somebody please help me retain my sanity by telling me what's wrong with the game?

    submitted by /u/Longjumping_Ad3331
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment