• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 22, 2020

    Fallout | Things that Fallout 4 did better than New Vegas in my opinion

    Fallout | Things that Fallout 4 did better than New Vegas in my opinion


    Things that Fallout 4 did better than New Vegas in my opinion

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    So I've played Fallout 4 a couple times and am playing New Vegas now. I'll give credit where it's due, New Vegas on the whole is more fun game that has better factions and I would argue better side quests. That said heres my opinion on where Fallout 4 bested New Vegas.

    1) Boston beats New Vegas/Freeside in terms of being a city. Now it's important to note that I'm not talking about the characters or direct storylines, New Vegas wins there. But when I'm in New Vegas my experience is the same and quest related. There isn't a lot going on beyond the storylines. There's supposedly gang rivalries, tribes, and major powers fighting around Vegas for control of Vegas. But I've yet to see this just play out. For example you won't see thugs randomly fight with the Kings or if you don't solve the Kings/NCR dispute then I won't see them skirmishing around parts of Freeside despite being told that it's starting to happen when I first enter Freeside. Similarly I've yet to see the NCR and Caesar's Legion skirmish close to New Vegas. Which from Caesar's perspective it probably would make sense to raid around Vegas given the NCR influence there and him viewing House as a rival.

    Now let's flip to Boston. You can walk around Boston and see small animals fighting Raiders, ghouls controlling one street, mutants controlling another, Diamond City guards patrolling around Diamond City, you'll see Gunners defending their territory. Not only will most of these groups engage you in a fire fight, but they'll engage each other. You can also see the Brotherhood and Institute patrolling around the city and ambush each other. So when you hear background noise like distant gun shots, it feels like you're in a real post apocalyptic city where everybody is struggling to increase their control over the city and are proactively engaging the other groups in order to do so.

    2) The radio is better in Fallout 4 as is the in game music. Now again, credit where it's due to New Vegas every song that they play fits with New Vegas. The problem is that you can only hear Johnny Guitar, Blue Moon, or Big Iron so many times on repeat before you flip off the radio for good. For me this happened by the time I hit Nipton.

    Fallout 4 has a more extensive radio soundtrack. While not all of it fits, there's enough songs on there that it doesn't get old for sometime. There's also Travis who, whether you do his quest or don't, is entertaining. The in game music for Fallout 4 genuinely makes me feel like I left a vault and was catapulted into a post apocalyptic world. It's eerie and at times even makes me feel uncomfortable. It makes use of complete silence at times too before playing anything, which adds tension.

    3) Fallout 4 companions feel more desirable to have around. They have interesting introductions and many have good character lines that are worth exploring. It's actually a shame because for me it shows that Bethesda doesn't necessarily suck at making good characters or writing but for some reason it didn't translate to faction play or the storyline.

    4) Fallout 4 provokes genuine curiosity for me about pre-war America. When I stop and look at Boston I think about how beautiful the city must have been before the bombs fell and how even though I never saw it and never can see it, for some reason, I want to see it.

    Ultimately this doesn't save Fallout 4 overall against New Vegas. I think New Vegas is a better game. But for me at least, it's amazing how much effort was put into the little details of Fallout 4.

    submitted by /u/Spartanwildcats2018
    [link] [comments]

    Exploring the wastes (Lego Build)

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    I created custom torsos to create this small display.

    https://imgur.com/a/h6rS06O

    submitted by /u/ZaydBot
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4's "Museum of Witchcraft" location in comparison to the Salem Witch Museum in real life.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Was in Salem not too long ago and I saw this building and instantly thought of Fallout. The interior really isn't the same in game at all, but the building itself is spot on. I'm still pretty surprised on how accurate this is.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/UhiwzQN

    submitted by /u/nuclearfuneral
    [link] [comments]

    But seriously, imagine eating the food you pick up in the wasteland.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Cram or Pork & beans? I mean other than the mutated meats you can collect. The old war leftover foods. Which would you most likely want to eat first? Strange meat pie? Salisbury steak?

    Discuss

    submitted by /u/MarLanderThewRes
    [link] [comments]

    Over 300 Hours, still don’t know what the fuck the Institute’s deal is

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    I beat the game four times on console, once each faction, and now have beaten it again on PC. Didn't take me very long considering I know the game too damn well and mods helped me thoroughly enjoy it more. And still, after all the weeks worth of time I've invested into Fallout 4, I still do not know why in the hell the Institute actually replaces people with the synths. I've actually played and beaten the entire Fallout series as well as Daggerfall-Skyrim, so I'm no stranger to the shittier progression of storytelling Bethesda has seemed to develop. But considering that one of the options is to join the Institute, and kill nearly all the people that helped you throughout the game, there was no actual justification other than "Well I'm your son let's be a family"? This is some Rise of Skywalker storytelling bullshit if you ask me. If I'm totally wrong, please tell me in the comments. But I have honestly never seen a reason as to why the Institute is the way it is. Whatever I guess. Brotherhood for life

    submitted by /u/baycho95
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Mr Handys equipped with deadly weapons when they were intended to be servants?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    Which World would be better off long term? Our world, or the Fallout world if the war didn’t happen?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    As you may know, the real world and the Fallout world diverged after WW2, especially in the area of technology. The fallout world chose to focus on mastering the atom, and on advanced robotics, while our world chose to focus on advanced computing, space exploration, and renewable energy.

    My question is this. Which of these worlds would be better off long term, our world, or an alternative Fallout world where the USA defeated China with conventional means? Was our pursuit of computing power worth it, or was pursuing nuclear science and robotics the better option.

    I'm going to lay out some of the benefits each side would have

    Us:

    •A multiple decade headstart on computing technology that is exponentially growing. Silicon will hit a limit, but we have alternatives lined up for that eventuality.

    •Green energy. It isn't as potent as fusion power, but it has the benefits of being cheaper and easier to build on a large scale.

    •Lesser fusion power. We're well on track to achieving fusion power for ourselves by 2050, maybe less if new breakthroughs occur. It won't be as powerful as Fallout fusion, and they'll be decades ahead, but it's something.

    •Anti-nuclear missile systems. Seems like the Fallout world didn't make an investment in them. We'll have a decent head start in this regard.

    •We actually have resources. We're a bit more sustainable and didn't raze our planet and rip every last bit of natural resources from the ground.

    •Bio-fuels, bio-plastics, etc. Even if we run out of oil, we won't need to fight a global nuclear war to try and get the last drops. We know of alternatives that we can call upon in a time of need.

    •Better battery tech. Fusion cells and fusion cores are great... but they have a minor issue with being explosive. I'd trust a brand new Tesla over those Fallout cars. Our general non-nuclear batteries are probably far superior to whatever they have, or will have.

    •The Internet. Makes a lot of things way easier. Until they fully develop their internet, we'd have access to a lot more info.

    Now let's check out some of the benefits of the Fallout world

    •Advanced and portable nuclear fusion.

    •Highly advanced robotics (even with nigh-sentient AI somehow)

    •High level genetic engineering

    •Surprisingly a lead on space warfare(where we're better at exploration)

    •Decades ahead of us in laser and plasma weapons. We're just getting started trying to make Railguns and lasers work on big ships, and progress seems slow.

    •Judging by the vaults, they have some amazing self-contained and durable habitation tech that can easily be turned into a colony setup for the bottom of the ocean, or on another planet.

    •Fusion powered cars probably get way better mileage than the best regular electric car.

    •If a small group of scientists(the institute) can invent teleportation, I'm sure eventually a bunch of well funded government scientists would figure it out eventually. Same with cybernetics.

    Feel free to pitch your own ideas too.

    So. It's the year 2150. Which world do you think would be better off in general?

    submitted by /u/ATR2400
    [link] [comments]

    Is FO76 Worth Playing Now or is it Still Hot Steaming Garbage?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Question about end of Fallout 4.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    .......................

    So why didn't God Howard let us give adult Shaun the holotape from your spouse that you get from Codsworth in the beginning? This seems like it could have had quite the impact on him.

    If this was an option then I just forgot and/or I am dumb.

    submitted by /u/FortunateBacon
    [link] [comments]

    Are ghouls immortal?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    I might sound stupid but are ghouls immortal? Sorry I'm not that good with the lore

    submitted by /u/DaBEASTskull2021
    [link] [comments]

    looking for a mod plz help

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    i'm wondering if there's a mod on xbox which lets you have as many companions possible

    submitted by /u/everythinganimates
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout (3, 4, and new vegas) noob, pls help

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Like how you can be a vampire or were beast in the elder scrolls, can you turn into anything besides a ghoul in fallout?

    submitted by /u/Urlugal_of_Uruk
    [link] [comments]

    3D printed T-60 armor figurine

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    It's sad to not be able to post pictures but i thought you guys might be interrested to see stuff like this.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CELBh_eI0G-/

    https://youtu.be/RubglHpWytk

    Sorry it really feel like a shameless plug but no other choice i guess, i hope you enjoy ;)

    submitted by /u/zymetheuy
    [link] [comments]

    Legate Lanius Vs Frank Horrigan who would win and why

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    I may have found a way to kidnap people in fallout and bring them everywhere.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    So in fallout you can go to settlements, and in these settlement's their are people who are sleeping. And when you go to talk the person sleeping they get up. And follow you until you at a distance where you can talk to them. But if you keep walking away they will keep following you (slowly) and then I believe you can bring them anywhere at walking speed. And I'm not sure because I haven't tried this. If they arnt scripted to have a "to-do list" then they might be able to come and live in your base or whatever.

    Can anyone fact check this?

    submitted by /u/N___THOR
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 Mod for stability and visuals ?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    Playing F3 ultimate ed for the first time on PC played base game on xbox one but on PC feels like a totally different game idk but I have been loving it.

    I have been saving regular but it crashes at random points so what top mods would you suggest for stability / patches and maybe a visuals mod.

    I checked nexus top mods for F3 but wasn't sure what to pick.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Kierooonn
    [link] [comments]

    Dear readers I'm a fallout 4 player and i need a answer

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    So i like fallout 4 but i play ps4 is it wrong to say i think Bethesda should give free dlc of mods or at least a price

    I like PS4 but i can't buy an xbox so yeah

    submitted by /u/ya_bruv
    [link] [comments]

    I came back to FO3 to try out a mod; this is Mondo, my Super Mutant Lone Wanderer (and Company)

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    Why doesn't radiation change you?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    If you become a ghoul after intense radiation and a feral ghoul after even more radiation to the brain, wouldn't your character become a ghoul after being in radiation for to long instead of just dying. Also, why don't you get any physical changes? As Piper (and maybe others) say after being around radiation to long "your gonna be look'n a lot different and have a lot more limbs if we stick around much longer" (or something along the lines of that) then why don't you change at all after being there to long accept for DYING?

    submitted by /u/SiblingsCreation
    [link] [comments]

    BSOD After Launching Fallout NV

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    Anytime I load up Fallout NV (no mods) it gives me a Blue Screen of Death and says my PC needs to restart. I can run any game like Tarkov, Rust, Cod, and Siege for hours on end with 0 issues but once I load up Fallout NV, I get a BSOD. I have no idea what could be causing it but if anyone has any suggestions, much obliged!

    Stop Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

    GPU: AMD 5700 XT

    RAM: 16gb

    SSD: 1 TB NVME

    submitted by /u/hunter11211
    [link] [comments]

    Automatron glitch

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Does anybody elses automatron parts say (COM) On them and also fly 10000 feet into the air? Just wondering if there is a solution to this.

    submitted by /u/SpindlyLeader69
    [link] [comments]

    (Rads) Clueless fallout noob pls help...yes, again.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Is there any way to get rid of rads besides rad x and radaway?

    submitted by /u/Urlugal_of_Uruk
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 opens to black screen. Game works (seemingly), but I can't see anything.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    Tried posting this in FO4 Subreddit but got no response, hopefully I can get some help here.

    I installed Fallout 4 onto my new laptop, since it has the specs to play it unlike the old one. However, whenever I try to run the game it has a black screen. The game is running, since I can hear the start-up as well as the selection sounds when I press the 'Enter' key. Upon first launching it, it said it couldn't recognize my video hardware, although in the Fallout4Prefs.ini it has my graphics card in there so it clearly knows what I'm using. Launching in Fullscreen has the entire screen black, and when I launch in borderless windowed it only takes up a quarter of the screen despite me setting it to my screen resolution. I've installed the latest drivers, latest Windows update, reinstalled the game multiple times, and none have worked at all. My graphics card is a GeForce RTX 2080 Super, and I've already tried going into the NVIDIA Control Panel but there is no option to "select preferred processor". I've also tried setting my computer to maximum performance but that had no effect either. If there's any more information people need to help me I'm willing to give it. I just want to play the game.

    submitted by /u/Doombolt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment