• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020

    Fallout | I cannot launch Fallout 4 on steam despite having purchased it

    Fallout | I cannot launch Fallout 4 on steam despite having purchased it


    I cannot launch Fallout 4 on steam despite having purchased it

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Hello, when I go to launch Fallout 4 on steam it says Purchase instead of Play. I bought the game over a month ago and it appears on my purchase history. I have not refunded the game and I am on the account on which I bought the game. When I go to the store page it says I have bought the game but I cannot launch it. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MGRKeening
    [link] [comments]

    Just replayed New Vegas

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    I haven't played it in years, and oh god is it just as amazing as it was back then. Even being severely graphically unappealing as it stands to today's standards. Just... everything is perfect. Yes it has bugs and glitches. Yet, turning back and replaying and becoming a god of the wasteland has been the most fun I've had in months. The grind is perfect. The weapons are perfect. Having to sacrifice perk points for your build is perfect. The hours of dedication, leveling, building karma, helping companions, and random acts of murder (some slave with an explosive collar asked if she was free to leave after I unlocked her cage. I obviously said yes even though I didn't disarm it. I watched with pride as she ran off into the wasteland with a newfound sense of hope. Just to watch her head get decimated from a small amount of explosive) are always perfect. You can just skip the story and kill. You can be kinda in the main quests, or read every small piece of info to build on the lore and development of the world. It's just.. amazing. Ad Victoriam nerds

    submitted by /u/Mciron95
    [link] [comments]

    I have been thinking and I think I found out the reason fallout 3 and new Vegas’s stories are so much more fulfilling than fallout 4’s

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    It's because in the older two you actually feel like you make a difference in your setting and you change the lives of people around you for example before the battle of Hoover dam if you go to the strip people are all talking about how the battle is upon us. In fallout 3 you get to play after the ending and you see your effects on the wasteland and it's people. In both of the games you effect the future of the region drastically while in fallout four it's just a bunch of factions that don't like each other and each one wants to destroy the other with no real effect of the people and the future of the commonwealth.

    That's all

    submitted by /u/AssociateStriking204
    [link] [comments]

    Steam says I haven't purchased Fallout 3 even though I've owned it for six years and played it Sunday.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Went to continue my most recent play through and am unable to play it. Same with Fallout 2. Anyone else have similar problem? I'm still able to play by launching game from properties.

    submitted by /u/Tzar-Romulo
    [link] [comments]

    If i had to pick, gun pointed to my head what the greatest addition that Bethesda's Fallout games added to the franchise i would definitely have to go with the radio

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Fallout 3's radio in particular just adds so much personality and character to the game. I could not, for the life of me, imagine shleping across the wasteland without hearing the "Yeeehaw, Three Dog here" every now and then, it just adds so much to the overall dark yet satirical personality to the franchise and Fallout 3 in particular

    Edit: I should've mentioned, besides them going 3d lol, moron

    submitted by /u/prossnip42
    [link] [comments]

    Free xbox one dlc code for GOTY edition

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    7GH9F-6K79V-VHMCM-7FD3Q-CDRVZ.

    Came with the copy i got for my bro, he didnt want it. Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/Flameman1234
    [link] [comments]

    If anybody can't launch there Fallout games in the steam app until the developers fix the problem just launch your game in the directory usually found in ( This PC, Windows (C:), Program Files (x86), Steam, steamapps, common, Fallout 4) just launch in either the game launcher or f4se if you have it

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Fallout 4 is taking me back to the store page.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    So, I recently did a clean install of Fallout 4, and now when I launch it, it says "preparing to launch Fallout 4" but then it just opens steam and takes me to the store page. Any fixes?

    submitted by /u/monkeybutts2017
    [link] [comments]

    Did i just beat the game?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    Thank you, Fallout 76 and Bethesda, for helping me find a new home and the place I belong.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    (tl;dr at bottom)

    I just want to say thank you to Fallout 76, Bethesda, and everyone who worked on Fallout 76, because not only did they create an great game, but they changed my life.

    When I first got the game and started playing, it opened my eyes to West Virginia for the first time. Believe it or not, I'm from Ohio and I had never been there before. I ended up deciding to visit Point Pleasant and Charleston, WV in the spring of 2019. I saw the Mothman Museum, statue, and the TNT area. I then saw the Capitol, and the DMV... While I was on that trip, I instantly fell in love with the state, the history, beauty, culture, and the pepperoni rolls. I was awe inspired by the museum at the culture center about the state, and saw so much potential in living there.

    I ended up visiting about 5 more times in 2019 until I decided while looking at the New River Gorge, that this is where I want to live my life. I then dedicated time to find a job in WV. I even drove 7 hours one way to go to an interview in West Virginia. But then COVID hit.

    I kept playing Fo76 during this time, and kept my hopes up. I kept researching the history of the state, took a few socially distanced trips to some nature places in West Virginia. It all paid off. Recently I was offered a position, found a place, and now I live in West Virginia. I am so happy to be here, and I am now investing my time here to learn more about my new state, and become a part of the culture here. I have made quite a few friends already and I am so excited to see where my future leads me.

    I wouldn't say Fallout 76 is the reason why I moved here, but it opened my eyes and exposed me to a place that I don't think I would have given a second thought about visiting WV or even thought about living in WV without it.

    So thank you, Fallout 76 crew, because you changed my life for the better and opened my eyes to the place I truly belong.

    Montani Semper Liberi

    tl;dr Fo76 opened my eyes to West Virginia and now I'm moving there because of it.

    submitted by /u/Travelingdolphins34
    [link] [comments]

    The location of the Sierra Madre.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    One interesting thing people like to do in games is find out where the game's locations are in a real life setting. This is very apparent in Fallout: New Vegas and its DLC, since the base game takes place in the Mojave desert. Cities and populated areas that are in real life are also in the game, which cements geographical realism.

    While the base game's location can easily be found on a map, this is not the case for most of the DLC. Honest Hearts takes place in Zion National Park, Old World Blues is somewhere in southern California, and Lonesome Road is at or near Death Valley/California State Route 127. However, no definitive location could be found for Dead Money, until now.

    The location of the Sierra Madre, the setting for Dead Money, is in northern Arizona. From here, you will know why I made this conclusion.

    In the ruins of the Sierra Madre, you will see that primary language used there is English. This means that despite being named after a Mexican mountain range, it does not take place in Mexico. (Yes, someone thought that Dead Money took place in Mexico.)

    A small piece of evidence can be heard on the Sierra Madre's first radio signal. One sentence describes you being able to take in "the open desert under clear star-lit skies". So it is certain that the Sierra Madre is in the desert.

    Some more evidence is that there is a secret ending where you side with Father Elijah. When the slideshow for this ending activates, you will hear the narrator say this line: "Years later, when a mysterious blood red cloud began to roll across the Mojave, then West toward the Republic, no one knew where it had come from." This means that the Sierra Madre is not anywhere west of the Mojave.

    Another piece of evidence is that when you beat Dead Money and are going to the gate to return to the Mojave, the game will tell you that you will never be able to return after leaving. This means that the path to get to the Sierra Madre from the Mojave must be much, much harder than the paths to Zion and the Divide. The Colorado River in the base game is extremely large, can't be passed by foot, and navigating it on a boat to get to The Fort is described as taking a long time. Because of this, I think it is very likely that the Sierra Madre is east of the Colorado River.

    Two tiny pieces of evidence that can be noticed using common sense is that since the Sierra Madre is named after a Mexican mountain range, it is located on or near the range. It can't be too far away from the Mojave either, or else the traps to take victims to be transported there wouldn't be in the Mojave.

    For a quick recap, I will tell you the criteria for a possible location:

    1) It can't be in Mexico.

    2) It is in the desert.

    3) It is not west of the Mojave.

    4) It is most likely east of the Colorado River.

    5) It is near or on the range that the Sierra Madre is named after.

    6) It isn't too far away from the Mojave.

    Northern Arizona is the only location that passes these criteria, since it is mostly desert, the Sierra Madre Occidental is partly in the state, and all the other obvious reasons. Because of the proof I have, I am absolutely certain that the Sierra Madre is, in fact, in northern Arizona.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Lavetic
    [link] [comments]

    Clear your Steam Download Cache to fix current issue with launching!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    In settings > downloads. Hit clear download cache. This is fixing many people's issues with the steam sale that is affecting launches.

    submitted by /u/Loganja65
    [link] [comments]

    [F4] Dogmeat conspiracy [spoilers]

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    I'd seen the stuff online about dogmeat being a synth but always saw it as one of those "eh, he's about as smart/effective as the other dogmeats" but I've played for awhile and the only thing that kept me kind of on it was "yeah I guess father would want to keep tabs on the SS covertly" but I just noticed one thing at the Redrocket truck stop that gives more credibility to the theory, the radio in the truck stop is playing the classical radio station.

    Of course its the radio station used by the institute to teleport in and out of their underground base and I could see after father lets you out he teleports a synth protector close by who is friendly to the SS

    The only thing that seems to break this idea is that dogmeat seems to really enjoy elder Maxson's speeches, which I really don't think father would enjoy.

    Just my take cause I haven't seen much on this little tidbit

    submitted by /u/Associate_Dixon
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 not appearing on my Steam Library?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    I've never seen this glitch before, genuinely don't know what to do. I bought the game, I have the receipt, but no matter what I do even if I start it up via the store page nothing happens. I've tried Steam Support but I got an error. Was hoping someone here can explain to me what's going on

    submitted by /u/Panzer-Hawk
    [link] [comments]

    Any one else kind of pissed that there is no actual rocket flame on the super sledge

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    I’m having major issues playing Fallout 4 on Xbox One

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    I bought Fallout 4 a bit ago, but when I'm in areas in Boston, or near there, the game will often lag a lot, stop at 0 fps, or just crash.

    I've looked online, for answers, but I am using a solid-state drive, and it has 1.3 TB available, so that can't be the problem. I have also done a full power cycle on my Xbox.

    Also I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I have the digital version, I don't have a disk.

    submitted by /u/Captainbeefster
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Colorado?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    What are your guys' thoughts on a Fallout taking place in Colorado? You'd have the large city aspect and an interesting landscape in the mountains outside of the city to explore. Would have red rocks and everything in there and could even put the sand dunes in the south to have some more interesting landscape.

    submitted by /u/scubasteve469
    [link] [comments]

    So I played Fallout 3

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    I've played New Vegas more than Fallout 3 and I've played Fallout 4 more than New Vegas both over 2000+ hours. Yesterday I jumped into Fallout 3 after almost 8 years and it felt so, immersive and refreshing. Right off the bat after I left the Vault, I felt so isolated, it actually felt like I was alone scavenging the wastes for some type of life and hope. As I wandered and wandered, I found a school, once an elementary, now full of raiders looking to put a bullet into anyone they saw. There were several jail cells in the school, some of them with small, children skeletons in it. Realizing the students were captured by the raiders and killed. I scavenged what I could find and found out the raiders were trying to build a tunnel to a Vault but it was swarmed by ants. After I left this location I realized, this is Fallout, this is what I missed. I missed the gritty atmosphere and the dark deep storytelling, I missed being a boy and feeling isolated, I missed the feeling that it was the end of the world, most importantly the lore behind it. I love New Vegas as an RPG but i could never find anything interesting about the Mojave Desert or the revenge storytelling, most of the side quests also felt like they were connected to the main story and the strip itself was, well, dead and dissapointing compared to New Reno. New Vegas might be the ultimate Fallout RPG but Fallout 3's atmosphere, depth, locations and random encounters are definitely more memorable, Fallout 3 feels more like a immersive sim than a RPG in the best way possible

    submitted by /u/Doubledashx
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 crashes on New Game

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    So I've recently got Fallout 3 and when I opened it,it was fine but when I press New Game it crashes on the loading screen.Can anyone help me?I ran Fallout New Vegas just fine but why can't I run F3?

    submitted by /u/Sclaps3
    [link] [comments]

    Have any of you guys gone back to Fallout 4, 3, and New Vegas Just For The Memories.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    I know I'm one of those people have gone back to play these old games, I had some good memories with those expecially seeing my first deathclaw lol. Sometimes it's good to go back and reminisce on the old days.

    submitted by /u/Zzzendky_boi
    [link] [comments]

    Am I an idiot? Fallout 1

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    When going to buy a gun I can't seem to find where the damage is listed or much else other than the name of the gun. What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/Ash_NT
    [link] [comments]

    How do i fix the glitch where i command an NPC to do something and they don’t move?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    i'm on PS4 and i've had this issue before but don't remember what happened that made them fix themselves. it happens a few times on a regular basis. right now i'm on the Big Dig quest and am clicking ( O ) to command sonya to do her action but they won't move. it's been like this for 20 mins and i've no idea what to do.

    submitted by /u/ashlei1911
    [link] [comments]

    A random thought on caps

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    So i was just browsing the internet when a random fallout thought came to me. Ok so in fallout newvegas we learn more on caps and that its a legit limited source most of the time they just scour the wasteland for new caps and are dealing with counterfeits but it made me think.

    Bottlecaps are lost alot you know vaporization, to being lost in some spooky dungeon never to be seen again, to made into bombs and other crazy shit if bottlecaps are seen as this limited source which is why they have value isnt it also said that unless they actually start cranking out new bottlecaps in maybe say another 100 years or after you've strip cleaned the country isnt there a big issue that you could literally run out of bottlecaps eventually?

    I would think especially after fallout 4 you can build shit that can teleport you to a secret underground base that they would also have the tech and ability to make legit caps right?

    Its been a few years since i played newvegas so I can't remember if you learn that there are factories or they just scour around and I knew it would take a long time for it to be a problem but isn't just knowing that it could happen to be a massive concern?

    I mean unless the devs just say "nope somehow bottlecaps just keep appearing."

    submitted by /u/Staterathesmol23
    [link] [comments]

    My theory regarding if Vault-Tec are still around and what they are doing in Post-War America

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    So I recently picked Fallout 4 back up again to play and re-immerse myself in the fallout lore. One of the main reasons I wanted to pick the game back up again was a video by TheEpicNate315 titled "Now We Know Vault-Tec Started it" and a thought crossed my mind.

    Where is Vault-Tec now?

    Now this Post is quite long and contains spoilers for the games in the franchise, so just warning you all know before you continue reading... I will put a TL;DR at the bottom for you lot who don't want to read all of this.

    As we start up the game and choose our character we meet the Vault-Tec Rep. As I am sure you are all aware, he seem's a little "On Edge". When looking at his dialogue, we get a sense of urgency, a sense that he "knows" what is soon to happen. I use this word lightly as I believe he isn't "In the Loop" so to speak regarding the vaults core purpose (Which, as we all know are social experiments on the populations inside). That being said, he seems to know that the bombs are Inevitable.

    "You can't begin to know how happy I am to finally speak with you. I've been trying for days. It's a matter of utmost urgency, I assure you."

    "Now, I know you're a busy fellow, so I won't take up much of your time. Time being a, um, precious commodity..."

    "Oh, it is. Believe you me. Now, you're already cleared for entrance, in the unforeseen event of *ahem*... total atomic annihilation."

    "Oh me too! You have no idea..."

    "If you'll excuse my language. The big kaboom is... It's inevitable, i'm afraid. And coming sooner than you may think. If you catch my meaning."

    As any scriptwriter would know (I am by no means an expert in this field) Subtext is key to meaningful dialogue. Although it could be argued the sense of urgency in the representatives dialogue takes the form of ironic comedy to humor the player, I believe that although this is the case, the subtext transcribed by his dialogue hints towards his knowledge that vault-tec as an entity knows exactly when the bombing will begin, thus the representative (and in extension the other representatives across the country) have had increasing pressure to accommodate the vaults before the "deadline". As I previously mentioned, I do not believe this information would have been directly handed to the representatives, however I think that anybody working for a company such as vault-tec and are given a deadline as to get all of the vault dwellers accommodated, would be able to deduce that something is going on...

    But then again, it could be argued this sense of urgency is just a 'salesman' tactic used to exploit the fear of atomic annihilation to ensure the vaults are successfully filled up.

    Referring back to the video by TheEpicNate315, There are hints or "Easter-eggs" found within the games that suggest that the unexploded bomb in Megaton and in the Mohave have a Similar logo to that of the regular vault tec logo.

    As seen by a user comment on an older post here

    Okay, sure. It isn't the exact logo but even Vault-tec's subsidiaries (such as Future-tec) have separate logo's... For all we know, Vault-tec could have owned a secret Weapons company. There is clear resemblance to the logo on the bombs BUT this could be considered as the Chinese attempting to shift the blame to America's own companies . Who knows...

    Anyway, back to the topic at hand. What we know from the games and the other Canon entities related to fallout, The bombs dropped on October 23, 2077 and Project Safe-house (the construction of the vaults) began in 2054. in response to the nuclear conflict between the European Commonwealth and the middle East. In that 23 year period 122 official vaults completed construction (and i'm pretty sure the goal was to have over 200 vaults created however not all of them finished construction but don't quote me on that).

    I refuse to believe that Vault-tec, who set the vaults up as experiments, rather than for human preservation, were not set up themselves to use the information obtained from these experiments.

    [Fallout Tactics Spoilers in this Section]

    Looking At fallout Tactics (I am under the pretense that the game is not considered cannon however some events are referenced in the other games?) We find Vault 0 which is supposed to be the largest built vault with the ability to monitor and maintain all of the other vaults across the country. If the events of this game are considered to be cannon then Vault 0 is now Defunct and Vault-tec is no longer operating from This Particular location. However if this idea really has been retconned, then this idea holds some inclination as to Vault-Tec's current operational situation. It could be argued that multiple "Vault 0's" were built to hold the regional higher ups of the Vault tec network, but we will get to that later. We must first discuss the Enclave.

    [Fallout 2 and 3 Spoilers in this Section]

    From what is currently known, the Enclave had some ability to monitor and access vaults using passwords, with the Enclave being the ones to give Vault 8 the All-clear signal to build vault city. We can deduce that Vault-Tec fall under the umbrella of the Enclave. What is currently known is that the Enclaves main base of operation was the Poseidon Oil Oil-rig (Control Station ENCLAVE) on the West Coast of America. We also know that This location is eventually destroyed by the Chosen One in Fallout 2 and John Henry Eden took the position of President, ordered the remaining enclave soldiers to relocate east to the Capital Wasteland... Which we all know were pushed back from Raven rock and eventually their last known command centre (Adams Air Force Base).

    So... Enclave, Are they still around? I would say yes, to some degree and I'm sure we'll find out more in a future installment of Fallout

    BUT WHAT ABOUT VAULT-TEC????

    Right, Sorry.... Jeez I was just getting to them...

    This is where my theory starts to come into place (sorry, but I had to give some context as to where I came to this conclusion).

    In Fallout 76, We start with Reclamation day, the day in which the vault dwellers will leave the vault and venture into the wastelands of post-war America. This game takes place in 2102, 25 years after the bombs dropped! This is the first hint that Vault-Tec is still operational. Could this have been West coast Enclave giving the all clear? Sure, but stay with me here. While reading the terminals in Vault 111 in Fallout 4, we can see that 180 days after the bombs fell, the all clear was supposed to be given to the vault tec staff so that the Cryopods could be monitored remotely... The problem is, no "All Clear" was given, and eventually the staff of the vault started a mini-civil war which resulted in the deaths of all of the remaining staff members. So, why was the all clear not given to Vault 111 but it was given to Vault 76?

    My theory is that Vault-Tec are still watching. Vault-Tec Deliberately didn't give the "All clear" for a reason. I believe that multiple social experiments were taking place at once, on vault dwellers and vault tec staff. We can assume this as the Representative at the beginning of the game wasn't given access to the vault as the nuke went off. This imply's that the vault-tec higher ups cared not for their employee's. We know from many of the vaults which we have seen in the games prior to Fallout 76 that the experiments handled by the vaults often result in the death of the staff members and vault dwellers alike.

    I believe that through the 23 year period that Vault Tec had to create the vaults, they had ample time to produce contingency plans for their own survival and invested the money from their governmental contracts to create the infrastructure to maintain authority of the wasteland for centuries to come.

    As we are all aware, pre-war accounts for very little value in post-war America. Why would a large corporation such as Vault-Tec not account for this? My argument is that they did, and they spent every last dollar they made through building the vaults to ensure the infrastructure was their to overtake even the enclave. Throughout the Various games in the franchise, multiple unfinished vaults can be found (even the vault Skinny Malone has Detective Valentine locked up in). From this, and when referring back to the beginning of this theory where I stated that the vault tec rep acted like he 'knew' something was happening very soon, we could see that Vault-Tec was clearly re-organizing their assets to finish off other projects, rather than the vaults themselves.

    Another inclination to this idea being true is that, as far as I am aware (I could be 100% wrong on this) but Project Safe house was suppose to end with the construction of 200 Vaults by the year 2060... Not 2077. This link here supports this claim but I still cannot verify this as cannon in the games to please take this with a pinch of salt. If this is true however, 17 years of additional time was given to create these vaults and EVEN STILL they only managed 122 official vaults. Don't get me wrong this is hilarious commentary on the building industry as a whole as this sort of thing is stupidly common within (atleast) the UK with governmental contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if this was also the case in America as well. But surely, It makes sense that assets from a project slated to only take 6 years, and needed a WHOLE 17 EXTRA YEARS went to something else? Right?

    Okay, so from this information and looking at it in this light, surely something is amiss, but that still doesn't answer where Vault-Tec is now. And yes I agree, but hear me out. I believe this is the most logical explanation to where Vault-Tec is right now, in the year 2287.

    Isn't it a little odd that whenever we play fallout, particularly Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4, when looking at the Pip-Boy we have a top down view of the world As it is within the game? With live tracking of where we are in the wasteland. The idea that it is Live can further be seen in Fallout 4 (In particular, which is the game latest in the fallout timeline). When you look at the "Local Map" of a location, say Sanctuary, the map updates LIVE when you place down anything in settlement mode... Don't believe me? here's a photo of before and after from today when I placed some floors down.

    Before and After seen here

    As you may also be able to make out from the Bottom Left of the Pip-boy, it also live updates with any mods you have , which I have the Project Apocalyptic Commonwealth installed which adds a tank to the main road of sanctuary.

    I'm sure this isn't a revelation and I'm sure this is just a feature for Quality of Life in Fallout 4 but this does , on a lore basis show that Live imagery is being captured of the landscape of America. So going back to my previous point, In Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4, a map shows the world true to time frame, and with fallout 4 in particular, live imagery of the Local area can be viewed via the pip boy. This suggests that the Pip Boy's all utilize GPS signals from satellites to pinpoint where exactly the player is, all across america. This suggests that the GPS Satellites are still operational and are maintained enough to still accurately pinpoint where the player is and even accurately capture the entire landscape live.

    Literally a Live version of Google Maps for pip-boy owners, pretty cool when you think about it.

    So we know that the Satellites are maintained (or atleast able to self maintain, probably all running off of their own fusion reactors and solar power). In the real world, (And once again, I really am no expert at all, like. At all . I've done a little bit of research just for this post so take it with a pinch of salt again) GPU's operate via a network of control stations on the ground, called the GPS Ground Segment. These are (in the real world) located at Ascension Island, Cape Canaveral, Diego Garcia and Kwajalein Atoll[Reference]. These 4 locations act as Monitor stations and Ground Antenna's that send information to be processed at the Master Control Station (Located in Colorado Springs [Reference] ) which estimates individual satellite orbits and other parameters to ensure the GPS satellites maintain correct orbits and whatnot. Of course this is a crude explanation of how exactly this system works but hay ho, that's what I am getting from some quick research.

    For the Fallout Equivalent of GPS Satellites to work and function as intended, these locations must be operation as intended, by robots or Vault-Tec or whoever. Regardless these locations must be operational to ensure that the GPS system works as intended.

    My theory suggests that these Facilities are complemented by A Vault-Tec owned location that operates the same way as the pre-war GPS Ground Segment allowing for proper calibration of GPS and ability to monitor vaults remotely across the entire country.

    To supplement this theory, I believe Vault-Tec (and even RobCo for that matter) Will have the ability to monitor vital signs remotely through their GPS system, Allowing them to monitor everybody inside and outside the vaults that are currently wearing a Pip-Boy. This would prove useful information to have as the experiment of releasing vault dwellers into the wastelands can prove useful for survival rates and habits of wilderland dwellers.

    Of course you could just say that all of this is just game mechanics for you to monitor your own position on the map and view your vital signs, but still. Does it not make sense to have all of this stuff still operation in a lore standpoint too?

    So, to finally Answer the question, Where are Vault-Tec right now? I suggest that there are multiple Vault 0's spread across the various commonwealths of america, (potentially one for every commonwealth?). However I believe the absolute main 'nucleus' of the Vault-Tec framework is a location Such as Florida (Cape Canaveral), Texas (Houston) or something similar. My reasoning is that I believe Vault-Tec's Main Headquarters for Operation would be equipped with the ability to launch rockets into space, Allowing for Satellite production and maintenance , Potential Space stations (Which we know have existed in the past considering there is a huge crashed one in Fallout 76 [Reference] ). My main reason for believing that a Space station will be equipped into the MAIN Vault-Tec vault is the fact that in the Nuka World DLC for Fallout 4, Vault-Tec had a space themed Vault idea for visitors of the park to participate in (and... Apparently experimented on in the park, pre war? okay then, fair enough I suppose). This "space themed" location clearly shows that Vault-Tec has interest in potentially making space stations/Vaults on the moon, and I suppose it ties into the the Enclave's potential plan to move off world.

    I think it is reasonable to believe that Vault-Tec is operating to some large capacity, and that they are still watching. Biding their time till they can reclaim the Wasteland or move off-world. I suppose it's just one of those unexplained mysteries of the Fallout Universe that we may never know...

    Personally I would like to think that Vault-Tec are still around and using the data recovered from these experiments, and in extension to that I believe the Enclave are still out there, stronger than we have previously seen, however we may never know, or I may have predicted a crude plot for the Sequel to Fallout 4, Who knows...(Todd Knows)

    Once again would just like to finish this post off by saying I AM NO EXPERT in the fields I have discussed in this theory post nor am I super "in the loop" of all of the Fallout lore that is considered cannon. As I mentioned this is just my potential take on the likelihood for Vault-Tec's location and operational conditions in the Fallout 4 timeline. This is just one guys take on this so please no hate for any incorrect information in this theory post.

    I'd Like to hear your guys opinions on this theory through the comments and maybe expand on this theory further by adding your own knowledge of these subjects to this theory post!

    Thank you for reading my (probably) incoherent waffle as I just wanted to get this out and post it somewhere as to me, this personally makes sense, but I could be totally wrong :)

    PS:

    Meta Theory, Off the cuff so I don't know if anybody has mentioned this before, but what if Starfield is set in the distant future of the Fallout universe, once Vault-Tec / The Enclave / Some governing body in America / European Commonwealth / Russia make it into space? I highly doubt it but that would be a super interesting direction.

    TL;DR

    Vault-Tec are still operating somewhere in the USA and quite likely have a large facility that will likely allow for GPS monitoring and maintenance, and a Star port for the construction of Satellites, rockets and potentially space stations funded by the Government by relocating assets used to build vaults for project safe house into creating infrastructure for Vault-Tec's future to be ensured.... Also they probably started the war by dropping the nukes...

    submitted by /u/Exojordy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment