• Breaking News

    Monday, July 27, 2020

    Fallout | Why a Fallout wouldnt work outside of the US

    Fallout | Why a Fallout wouldnt work outside of the US


    Why a Fallout wouldnt work outside of the US

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    I have seen many posts here of people not wanting a game outside of the US and usually everyone disagrees with them. Even going as far as calling them racist. Im going to give my opinion on why it should not take place outside of the US.

    Edit: What I mean is a full game title like "Fallout 5" wouldnt work. I think those in-between games like 76 and New Vegas would be a great way to incorporate other place

    Edit 2: Just something funny I wanted to add. My friend made a similar post a while back and he got bombarded for being "racist" and being "a dumb american" even though he is European

    Note: Mexico and Canada are part of the US in the FO universe

    Fallout has always been about how people perceived the future to be in the 50's and poking fun at capitalism and greed as well as portraying Americana. Having a main game be outside of the US would completely remove that aspect.

    Absence of specific technology and gameplay elements. Lets say, power-armor. One of the most iconic things in the franchise. It was developed by the US army and for the US army meaning that countries like, lets say Albania wouldnt have it. PIP-Boys were made by RobCo. for Vault-Tec as part of operation Safehouse. Meaning that places outside of the US, Mexico and Canada would not have PIP-Boys or Vault-Tec

    Theres still a bunch of places in the US that can be explored. Theres 50 states. We have been to less than 12.

    submitted by /u/Sylx_Bruh
    [link] [comments]

    What was gasolines actually used for?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    The red rocket gas station sells gasoline, desiel, and fusion cells.

    All the cars in fallout are fusion powered. What were the gas and desiel for? Are they just for things like chainsaws?

    submitted by /u/everymoderatorisbad
    [link] [comments]

    Update: Things my non-gamer partner has done in fallout 4

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    Original Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/gxq06l/things_my_nongamer_partner_has_done_in_fallout_4/

    • They tries petting the cat, going pspspspsps out loud

    • When they got ambushed by synths, the cat and all the mister handies died they just murdered all the synths and then claimed the synth on handy violence was police brutality

    • Was high key pissed at the rest of the synths for killing the cat for the rest of the day

    • Gave up Dogmeat for Nick to pick a lock (He refused, they were not happy)

    • Diamond City makes them feel bad about stealing, says Nick should keep his comments to himself

    • Has lost dogmeat for days, not ingame days real days, and has been a little depressed about it

    • Has not forgiven Nick for losing dogmeat

    • Feel's bad for Ellie Perkins cause she probably has secondhand smoke because Nick refuses to give out his Noir aesthetic

    • Mocks Nick for how he speaks, often repeating in a similar, yet snobbish voice

    • "I don't have a lot of respect for Nick"

    • When visiting the Atom Cat's Garage, the first thing they said was they didn't remember this in Grease

    • "Damn, John Travolta, back off"

    • Was ambushed by a bunch of Mirelurks, hunters, king and queen, and referred to it as the entire royal army

    • They spend hours trying to defeat them because "It was about the principle"

    • When they learned about weapon mods they turned a Legendary pipe pistol into melee weapon and called it "Fuck the British Colonies"

    • They advanced the institute story just far enough to get new areas to loot, and then right back to the Minute Men

    • frequently puts on a Boston accent and now is self conscious about their actual massachusetts accent

    Still looking for Dogmeat

    submitted by /u/Fifteen_inches
    [link] [comments]

    I think I met my Fallout Sugar Daddy

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    I was just playing fallout 76 since it became free I'm only lvl 6 btw. And a lvl 85 came up to me dropping me good stuff. They ended messaging me telling me how to play and stuff like that. They said once I reach a certain lvl I'd be able to be killed and vice versa but they said I didn't have to worry about it since they own me. Sooooo yeah Im here getting go stuff for absolutely doing nothing but I'm not complaining. If y'all want me to tells you what happens the next few days I'll make any post. Let me know your input and Thanks for listening/Reading.

    submitted by /u/LunchManDanTV
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 for an uncoordinated old guy?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of trying FO4, but I'm pretty slow and uncoordinated these days. I think I might have trouble moving and aiming at the same time.

    How difficult is the combat? Is there maybe a more stationary build I could play, like a sniper? How much does VATS help and how often can it be used?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MightyUnclean
    [link] [comments]

    What are you guys' fun perk ideas?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    Anyone got any perk ideas they'd like to see in a future game? Here are is mine:

    -Canine Charm: charisma bonus while traveling with a dog

    (I could only come up with one good one, but thought it might be a fun discussion

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer
    [link] [comments]

    What is “Fallout” to you?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    I've seen countless videos, posts, articles, etc.. from people who claim that "Fallout has lost its' vision," or "Fallout shouldn't be this, it should be this."

    For me, Fallout is a story about the politics and behaviors of a post-apocalyptic, retro-futuristic United States. In the end, to me, it's not about dungeons, looting, and killing things — it's about the unforgiving wastes and the people in it; how they think, how they live, how you can attempt affect the world, but overall do very little for it.

    Now that I've stated my opinion, let me hear yours. What IS Fallout in your eyes? Do you like the old Interplay-Black Isle games, or do you prefer the Bethesda-Obsidian releases? Why do you like them? Why do you hate them? I'm curious.

    *Note: This isn't a "Old = Better" post. I enjoy each Fallout game for different reasons, but I do not hate any of them!

    submitted by /u/jousukes
    [link] [comments]

    Vault Door in Minecraft

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    I thought you guys might like to see this, I created a fallout style vault door in minecraft I am proud of and I would like to show it off to anyone who is interested. https://www.reddit.com/r/redstone/comments/hyb6ns/fallout_style_redstone_vault_door_pt_2/

    submitted by /u/Pikuhana
    [link] [comments]

    I made it to Navarro!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Beat all the main fallout games except 2, which I'm working on, and I finally made it to (and got through) Navarro! I have the power (armor)! Now all except enclave patrols and fire geckos who keep scoring critical hits will bow before what will be my might after I have had some time to grind, which will be easier now!

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer
    [link] [comments]

    When I lanch Fallout 4 it says I need to be connected online?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    My home internet has gone out because of a thunderstorm so I decided to get a few hours in Fallout 4. The internet is still not that I'm waiting for the guy to come in the morning.

    But when I try to open the app it says "To Continue Reconnect to Xbox live"

    You need to be connected online for a single player game I had this for 5 years now I haven't noticed this!

    submitted by /u/wantafuckinglimerick
    [link] [comments]

    What if the Sole Survivor didn't sign his family up for Vault 111?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    What if he/she managed to convince his/her spouse that they didn't need the Vault? First things first, the sole survivor would've instantly regretted his/her decision a few minutes later, and their family would either perish, or at least for Nate & Nora, they could've become ghouls like the Vault Tec Rep. I doubt baby Shaun would've survived ghoulification, but moving on, what would be the repercussions to the Commonwealth by 2287? Without their pure, pre-war baby DNA from Shaun what would The Institute be doing? Would Gen 3 Synth even exist? In that case that completely removes The Railroad, no Broken Mask Incident for the Commonwealth to collectively vilify The Institute over, etc.

    submitted by /u/firecracker42
    [link] [comments]

    The Prydwen hasn't spawned and I didn't notice until now.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    In the current progress, I'm taking on the Railroad's "Rocket's Red Glare" where you take the Cambridge Police Station's Vertibird and fly onto the Prydwen and blow it up from the inside. The very important detail is that there is no Prydwen that spawned. I did activate the Prydwen scene after you beat Kellogg, but the airship didn't get placed above the Boston Airport. I don't know how I broke it, but I'm asking now if any of you know how to fix it.

    submitted by /u/RedTheHorseman
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] Companions don't shut up

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    In every single area that triggers a companion comment, they repeat it over and over again without ever stopping and it is driving me insane. For example, if I go to Hardware town, Cait keeps on saying that she has a bad feeling or that this is a good place for building things. This has also happened with Piper. I'm just glad that Dogmeat doesn't have any lines. I am currently using mods and I have already tried this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2349/

    submitted by /u/RandomLemon12
    [link] [comments]

    Just recently got back into Fallout and wanted to try out PC Modding for the first time. I decided to download the Whispering Hills mod and just about shit myself 2 minutes in.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    Problem with Fallout 3

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    People, I have installed Fallout 3 again to play the DLCs that I never have played, via Steam, GOTY edition, but everytime I click "New Game", the problem on the screenshot appears. I not know what's, I already have played this game on this PC some years ago. I have tried giving load in a old save but nothing, same error. Tried installing the DLLs about the xlive but nothing too. Windows XP compatibility too, nothing.

    Not have a single mod in my game, tried re-install again but, same error. I have read various "problems fix" on the internet, nothing have worked. Anyone have a solution? Here the specs:

    Windows 8.1

    6 GB RAM

    Intel HD Graphics 4400

    I5-4210U

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/lYYkKeM

    submitted by /u/Spear_Blade
    [link] [comments]

    [Fo4]Sentry bot built with robot workbench glitch?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    I've noticed that when I build a sentry bot with the robot workbench from automaton, close the game, and reopen it, every time I just look in the direction of the sentry will hammer my fps and start lag stuttering all over the place. What is happening?

    submitted by /u/KnightGabriel
    [link] [comments]

    Enclave Minutemen

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    After my Enclave playthrough of Fallout 3 I find myself in an abundance of Brotherhood and Outcast Power Armor. As I was playing Fallout 4 as an Enclave soldier I had the Idea that my Minutemen would be a detachment of Soldiers responsible for defending Enclave controlled settlements. I basically wanted a Discount Enclave made of volunteers using dated tech (wearing weaker Combat armors, using Classic Assault rifle instead of energy weapons). Anyway, My original plan was that the Enclave would scrap all the captured Power armor to make either more APA mk2, or Barricades and what not. but after this most recent playthrough I thought saving all theses suits of power armor to give to these Minutemen to save resources.

    Which would seem like the better choice to make all my lore I've created over the years fit together.

    Let them Use the repurposed T-45?

    Or since they're Enclave, use Enclave PA?

    submitted by /u/Stixx_Zadinya
    [link] [comments]

    What are your ideas for a Fallout in the Pacific Northwest?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    I would love to see an official Fallout title take place in the Pacific Northwest bordering on Canada. Where you could see the contrast between pre-war Washington state and annexed Canada. Maybe we get to see how the United States government was smothering Canadian citizens and and trying to keep them in line. It would be cool to see how Canada would adopt the idealized American culture.

    I'd also be very excited to see some snowier areas which would be pretty unique to the series outside of Anchorage, since I believe Washington is in a nuclear winter. Plus it gives us an excuse to see the NCR again of they traveled that far North. I would like to see some focus on Native American tribes too, which are a very big part of the history for the area. And I feel like that could make for a pretty interesting faction.

    submitted by /u/Astro_Doggee
    [link] [comments]

    What's the use of mister handy fuel?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    Disclaimer: on mobile. While browsing i just saw someone mentioning mister handy fuel and it made me think. Mr handy use some sort of self reliant nuclear cell, that should work for a long time, which is shown when you blast off their arms and charge you before exploding in a mushroom cloud and giving off lots of rads. So their jets must not be then? Unless there is still a manufacturing plant making this stuff, there is no way there should still be so many still going in the wasteland, especially since it seems to be somewhat rare?

    submitted by /u/yeet_yaw2
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a mod to set companions homes?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a mod that lets you choose a custom place to send your follower after dismissal, such as Nukatown USA or Arcadia. I know that the Amazing Follower Tweaks mod does it but that mod is bugged to fuck and back. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Raz0rBack135
    [link] [comments]

    The best companion?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    From all the available companions in Fallout 4 who do you think the best is? I mean, by weapons, defense, perk, likes/dislikes. I know you can give weapons/armor to most of them but consider them with their default gear. My chose falls to Curie, but in her human form! She has a lot of defense, you can give her armor/weapons, and her perk is quite useful. A little bonus is her cute french accent and her kind personality. My honorable mention is Valentine or Cait. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Reinn_515
    [link] [comments]

    I have found two cool looking retexture mods that change the color of Minutemen outfits. If I have both of them installed, what happens? Do some minutemen have one retexture and some have the other?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    Been playing fallout 4 on and off for a few years, should I get new Vegas or fallout 3 first?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    I've played fo4 for maybe 2 years, restarting occasionally. I was thinking about getting NV and Fo3. Which one should I play first, and why? No spoilers please, I've done my best to avoid them so far

    (I intend to try both, but I don't know which one to do first)

    submitted by /u/bp42s
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment