• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 11, 2020

    Fallout | Why Are Energy Weapons So Hard To Enjoy?

    Fallout | Why Are Energy Weapons So Hard To Enjoy?


    Why Are Energy Weapons So Hard To Enjoy?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    I don't know about some but I generally don't like energy weapons in the fallout games. Maybe it's because I'm a gun nut (both in the game and IRL), but no matter how much I sink into energy weapons I find them extremely lackluster.

    Make no mistake, I'm a science nerd through and through and do enjoy a good energy weapon when done right. And I feel that's the case. The laser weapons in the Fallout don't feel like they are properly implemented. They look almost too cartoony to be practical weapons.

    They look bulky, awkward to carry and fire for that matter, and seem like typical sci-fi weapons that were added in last minute. Which kinda saddens me, because I want to do an energy weapon build, but goddammit are they a pain to run.

    No matter how many points you put into energy weapons, or science, they are still painfully mediocre. I mean a 100 in energy weapons and a laser rifle will do less to a deathclaw, then a 100 in guns with semi-auto .308, or bolt action .50 BMG.

    And I feel like that's the glaring problem with energy weapons in the fallout series. There isn't enough options for energy weapons to make them viable as opposed to ballistic firearms.

    For example here's all the options for a firearm: .22 LR, 9X19 MM, 10 MM, 5 MM, .38 special, .45 ACP, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .410, 12 gage, 20, gage, 10 gage, .45-70 GOVT, 5.7mm, 9X18 MM, 6.5 Creedmore, .308, 5.56, .223, .243, 7.62, .380 ACP, .50 AE, .50 BMG.

    And this is a combo of all the options I KNOW about and fired. Most of these calibers say for a few on that list have been in a Fallout game at some point or another. Either used as an individual weapon type, or just compatible ammo type.

    Compare that to energy weapons, you got: MF cells, Energy cells, Gamma cells, MF breeder, Electron charge pack, Alien power cell, Cryo cells, Plasma cartridges (FO4) and Flamer Fuel.

    That's really only 9 options which isn't very wide. And while depending on the game, you could have a much larger pool of weapons, like New Vegas (God Bless our lord and savior), ultimately, it still feels really shallow. There's only like 20 energy weapons in New Vegas, and like 7 for FO4. That being the Laser rifle and pistol, plasma pistol and rifle, Alien Blaster, Flamer, and Cryogun (Not including the weapon mods you can attach cuz principally it still makes them the same weapon).

    I feel like if you really want to make energy weapons viable, then they need a complete overhaul, aesthetically and in functionality.

    For starters, model them after actual firearms, or give them a unique, appealing aesthetic. I mean you can google "Laser Rifle" and come up with much more interesting weapon concepts then the Fallout series ones. Add more ammo options, and weapons. Maybe something like Pulse rounds which are a hybrid of both ballistic and energy weapons.

    Second, increase the damage of Laser Weapons, and have it scale with weapon related perks, or perhaps a energy weapon specific perk like "Energy Weapons Expert." Just to make the damage scale on par with ballistic weapons to make both of them at least viable.

    Third, allow for different color lasers or plasma. This could come in the form of the weapons frequency with different frequencies changing the colors. Alternatively, you could have the laser color sync with your HUD, or perhaps have the color frequency be the reason the weapon deals more damage.

    I feel like with these three changes, energy weapons could become more practical, and appealing to at least me, and anyone else who finds them extremely lackluster. It's always bothered me in other games they get energy weapons down really well, and Fallout is spectacularly mediocre.

    submitted by /u/DexxToress
    [link] [comments]

    Fiancé made me a pretty awesome Fallout themed mini fridge. Link below

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    July 10th is my birthday and this year she made me something based off my favorite game series of all time. I am ecstatic to have the privilege to own this!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/pKizoNQ

    submitted by /u/Legelid1
    [link] [comments]

    [fallout 4]Any way to get a railway rifle with a legendary effect?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    Do the weapon sometimes drop from legendary enemy's?

    submitted by /u/Eshasim
    [link] [comments]

    Which Fallout Ghouls will the show have

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    In Fallout we have had many designs of Ghouls but which version of Ghouls will we see in the tv show and will it affect the rating

    submitted by /u/Greekshit21
    [link] [comments]

    This seemingly innocuous tweet from Bethesda Game Studios in 2016 is a lot more interesting now that we know about the new Fallout TV series!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Heres the tweet:

    https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/798004811207557120?s=20

    Pretty interesting that they directly reference Westworld and Fallout in the same tweet!

    submitted by /u/Kanep96
    [link] [comments]

    After 444 hours of playing, I finally got all the achievements in Fallout 4

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    F4SE is not correctly installed or missing

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    Somehow my F4SE is not working properly for the last 2 days. I tried searching for solution and tried everything. You name it from downgrading my FO4 to reset my PC, none of them worked for me. The result still the same F4SE is registered in the console command but everytime I start a new game with mods like better locational damage and looks menu, there is always a pop-up said that F4SE is not correctly installed or missing. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/vietpham2002
    [link] [comments]

    Just remembered the hours I once spent trying to distract Preston Garvey into being my romantic partner

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    After hours of gently thawing him by helping every soul in the wasteland organise their basics, returning home in a red sequin dress and being turned away multiple times for not taking life seriously enough, he eventually shrugged and said something like "yeah I sorta feel the same way, aaaanyway, another settlement needs our help"

    submitted by /u/BuxomGertrude
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there always high level enemies at the golf course in fallout 76?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I need to do a quest where i have to aquire an historic sword but cant because its all level 62 charcoaled goals who kill me in like 3 hits plus deal 45 radiation damage. What gives ive server hopped like 5 times and all 5 times they're still there. I dont wait till im level 60 just to complete a side quest because bethesda wants you to pay just for a server by yourself or team up with someone. Its dumb

    submitted by /u/fishforbass23
    [link] [comments]

    What's the toughest enemy you've fought in any of the games?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    Mine is either elder maxson or legate lanius

    submitted by /u/br_04
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a copy of fallout 4, came with a download code for Fallout 3, which one should I play first?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    I know, I'm REALLY late to the party here, but as a new fallout fan, which one should I start with? I'm thinking of starting with 3, because it was released earlier, but I'm not exactly an expert and don't want to spoil the games by watching anything on YouTube. So Fallout 3 or 4 first?

    submitted by /u/xd877
    [link] [comments]

    What We NEED In Fallout 5

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    Edit: id greatly appreciate it if people could leave a thoughtful response before downvoting. thanks to those who replied.

    This is coming from someone who's only played Fallout 4. I don't own the other games, sadly.

    With people absolutely sh*tting on Fallout 4, 76, and anything else Bethesda has ever done, I think it's obvious that some change needs to come to how Bethesda Fallout works.

    Keep in mind that this is MY opinion, and you are free to suggest your own. This post is highlighting only the key elements of the game.

    Fallout has always been an RPG.

    A role-playing game (sometimes spelled roleplaying game;[1][2] abbreviated RPG) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting). Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making regarding character development.[3] Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.[4] - Wikipedia

    A common complaint I see is that Fallout 3 and 4 do not let you roleplay as much. They both set a story where you are forced to do something. In 3, you need to look for your father. In 4, you need to look for your son. The campaigns for both lack freedom, as they are mostly linear while NV is not. That is the glory of a game with multiple endings. Be that endings to quests, or the main story, multiple endings are a necessity for Fallout 5.

    The same issue with FO4 comes with the voice actor and dialogue wheel. If it's an RPG, there should be no voice actor because that ruins the immersion of the player and can pretty much render your custom character pointless. As for the dialogue wheel, common sense says "tell me exactly what i'm going to say." I am not saying the voice actors for Nate and Nora were bad, simply that in an RPG, they should not be there.

    Something that needs to often be said in the Fallout community as well. Fallout is NOT the 50's being nuked. Fallout is retro-futurism, so if the people of the 50's imagined the future and then that future got nuked. Fallout 4 does a great job displaying this is the art style and architecture compared to other games. Again, MY opinion, you are free to disagree.

    As for me, I personally loved the way the new Power Armor looks. It's supposed to be advanced military armor that turns you into a tank, and I feel like previous games didn't do that as well. Power armor legs and arms were too skinny, not exactly looking like a tank if you ask me.

    The Assault Rifle needs to return in proper form, and the FO4 Assault Rifle should stay but be put to its original purpose, an LMG.

    More enemy variety as well, I've found that after playing the game for a bit, the enemies get boring as they are always the same types.

    Fallout 4 combat is a must-have. It's just overall a lot smoother and less dated.

    Quality of Life is common sense.

    HUD customization? Old HUD or New HUD.

    A good villian with a motive, not villian just for the sake of having a villian.

    Maybe we can get skills back?

    Also something that goes without saying, CAN WE PLEASE GET A NEW ENGINE. The Creation Engine is outdated and looks like it was pushed to the limits of its capabilities in 4. The Creation Engine cannot be salvaged.

    And if Todd Howard and everyone else are such big fans of Fallout, how about they STOP F*CKING UP THE LORE SO MUCH AND DO SOME RESEARCH. ASK OBSIDIAN IF YOU HAVE TO, BETHESDA.

    I don't want to see Bethesda turn into Blizzard. Bethesda needs to recognize the success of Fallout: New Vegas. And they need to learn to take constructive criticism. It isn't that we don't appreciate Bethesda or their work. It's just that people love Fallout, and they want to see the game be a good and proper game. Fallout is an RPG. Always has been. I respect Bethesda as a company, I know they are capable of making good games, but they have a lot of room to grow. I just hope they'll take their time with this one, and actually listen to the community. The Fallout IP was bought by Bethesda because they were fans. They need to prove it, instead of just milking the franchise for money.

    The Fallout fanbase needs to learn to be less toxic as well. Me included. Minuscule mistakes can be made. Don't flip tables because a post-war magazine is in a room that's never been opened since pre-war times. It's just a magazine. It didn't ruin your immersion unless you're some type of coward. Having never played NV or 3, I can see what they did right and wrong. And 4 being my introduction to the series, I am a bit biased but I hope you can see at least some good in the existence of 4. It brought in new players like me. While New Vegas succeeds as an RPG, 4 does not. But it does do some things better, and they must be acknowledged as well. I hope the community will come together instead of disagreeing and yelling so much. We all want the same thing. We all want Fallout 5 to be good. So how about we come together as a collective, peacefully, and make sure that we can help make Fallout 5 the best it can be.

    In the words of Shigeru Miyamoto, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." Please don't release a buggy mess. And make sure your "B.reak it E.arly T.est A.pplication" works this time.

    As a final note...

    "Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?"

    Prayers this doesn't die in new.

    TLDR; Fallout needs to be an RPG again, no premade character background, no voice actors, multiple endings, and a lot of other things.

    submitted by /u/BlitzChaos1
    [link] [comments]

    Got a few things to say about the assault rifle in fo4/76

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    The assault rifle in fo4/76 is a somewhat popular topic in the community (or maybe it isn't). People say that it's a super ugly looking gun. However I actually like the design. My problem is that it does not deserve to be called an assault rifle. Oh and it takes up like 1/4 of the screen which is annoying. Does Bethesda really expect me to believe this knockoff Lewis gun is an assault rifle? I know I know, they said they wanted to make it look big and bulky in the hands of power armor soldiers. But it does not deserve to be called an assault rifle. It should just be an LMG. And I know it was going to be called that, the actual assault rifle was likely going to be one of the pieces of cut content. A Chinese assault rifle. Search up "fo4 cut content" and if you scroll down you might see a video for the Chinese assault rifle. Back to main topic. Fallout 76 added a ton of new weapons, and even some returning ones. They brought back an actual LMG, but this time it's an MG42 LMG. Speaking of that does anyone know where to find one? Back to what I was saying. Bethesda could've just had two LMGs. One would be called a "light machine gun" and the other one, which is already called this, an "mg42 light machine gun" or something like that. And for an actual assault rifle, it should just be an r91 assault rifle, which is in the files but it's kinda obvious that it's a skin for the handmade. I hope someone actually read the whole thing.

    submitted by /u/damindamindamindamin
    [link] [comments]

    Currently making a spreadsheet of all bobbleheads and magazines exact locations in Fallout 4.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    As title says, would anyone be interested in seeing such a spreadsheet once it's done? It's even got FHs magazines on it too.

    submitted by /u/bearface40
    [link] [comments]

    [F04] Fallout 4 stuck at exit screen (PS4)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    After installing mods Today, (I previously had some installed & installed new mods Today) my game loaded asusual without any errors & the gameplay was fine. But while exiting the game, the game is stuck at the tip screen (Screen Between exiting & title screen). The tips are displayed asusual while the screen is totally black in the background (does that mean anything?!) I tried fore closing the game & loading the last quicksave I did before exiting the game & it loaded fine.

    I think the error is with exit save file. Is there anyway I could fix this? Or should I try deactivating the mods I installed Today?

    submitted by /u/Shady_Bruce_mathers
    [link] [comments]

    So I completely bypassed the BoS

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    This is the first time I played through the game without paying them any notice, I got the Minuteman ending and attacked the you know who. The Railroad were pretty chuffed with me not to mention the Minutemen. I decided to finally say Hi to Danse n the guys n after clearing the ghouls away from the police station, he gave me Righteous Authority right away. I activated him again n he acts like he knows all about me, congratulates my victory but berates me for siding with Garvey and all.

    Third time I activate him he says to "Clear off citizen" and goes inside the PS. Things get weird now because the PS acts like its private property now and anytime I enter, they open fire.

    I have no qualms with blowing up their balloon club but without any formal introduction to the BoS I've no way on board the Prydwen, meaning I can't loot the place bare.

    Anyone else play through a similar way and find a way on board? Other than getting airlifted over from Cambridge. I read somewhere that so long as you complete the main storyline with the Minutemen without any hostilities towards the BoS, you'll be awarded rank of Palidin but apparently thats glitched.

    Apologies if this is just dragged out dribble.

    submitted by /u/Shane99-
    [link] [comments]

    The secrets of the Mojave!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:57 AM PDT

    First of all I know there is a perk that displays all undiscovered locations on the map in New Vegas. But this isn't available until late game.

    So I just bought the DLCs because I thought I'd explored all of the Mojave. Well I hadn't even started to. I mean I had no idea that you could save the NCR soldiers at Nelson. I haven't even looked at Camp Searchlight and I'm really excited to take a peak (probably in the space suit or power armour so I don't get badly irradiated). I didn't even know that there was a motel room near Camp McCarran. Or the sewer access near the fiends. Also I hate to be that guy but I didn't actually read much of the story in my first few playthroughs. So I'm really diving in this time. Anyway what is your experience with the Mojave? Same for you guys?

    submitted by /u/BigJohn122
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a mod for PS4 that lets you have a normal companion as well as Dogmeat?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    Article that I'm referring to:

    https://gameranx.com/updates/id/54389/article/fallout-4-mod-lets-you-have-dogmeat-and-another-companion-at-the-same-time/

    I did some research as to find an answer to this and learned that a someone by the name Valdicil discovered, through the game script, that Dogmeat was only supposed to be a secondary companion along side your main.

    I understand that mods on ps4 don't really add new assets to the game, but tweak what already there. If there isn't a mod for this yet, is it still possible for one to be made? Would attempting to allow this require new assets to be introduced?

    submitted by /u/Bloopy2
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76: i used the plans but i cant build them

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    I got 89 plans for free from a guy and I used the plans in my pip boy and they show up as known but i cant build them when i go into the camp it doesnt show up does anyone have this problem too and can anyone help me ?

    submitted by /u/_R4CC00N_
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't this game just work!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    Was hyped that the Fallout 76 was included in xbox game pass for pc. But I can't even play the stupid thing. Keep getting the "vault tech engineers are fixing the server" error message. I've spent enough time trying to get this working. Why can't this game just work like a game should!

    submitted by /u/Jameson2800
    [link] [comments]

    How to "fix" 1:5:1 NoServerPing error for Fallout76!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    It took me a lot of attempts to figure it out and the only solution I found is installing the game on your main hard drive that your OS is on (i.e. C drive). A bit ridiculous but after I cleared some space and installed it I was able to get past the 1:5:1 error!

    -Shadowcoast

    submitted by /u/Shadowcoast04
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon balance cross games

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Which game (fallout 3 or fnv) had overall the strongest guns, strongest energy weapons, and strongest melee/unarmed? DLCs included

    submitted by /u/minecraftluver69
    [link] [comments]

    Any bugs in Point Lookout I should be aware of?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    Hi fellow gamers!

    When I played the Pitt there was a bug at the end, so I could never talk to the slave boss and I had just saved, so I couldn't go back.

    Now I have just travelled to Point Lookout for the first time.

    Are there any similar bugs or problems in this dlc I should be aware of?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Perperre42
    [link] [comments]

    Script to change tagged skills? [Fallout 3]

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    So I'm using FWE for the first time and I've just noticed that my "Tagged" skills increase by 2 points everytime I level up and allocate points to them. Unfortunetly, I tagged fucking science and I meant to tag Medical. I'm not aware of any console command to change this, but I got to thinking that perhaps I could run the script that runs right before you leave the vault. The one that asks you if your sure about your characters looks, name, stats, e.t.c., but I've no idea were to find that script. Could anyone give me some pointers or, perhaps, a better solution to re-tag my skills?

    submitted by /u/Arthasmyson928
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment