• Breaking News

    Friday, July 24, 2020

    Fallout | The Think Tank are really cleverly written

    Fallout | The Think Tank are really cleverly written


    The Think Tank are really cleverly written

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    These minds are responsible for the most horrifying and evil things in the game. The cazadores, the whole of the Sierra Madre, including its ghostly inhabitants, the madness of Father Eligah, terrible experiments on innocent humans and animals, the Horrifying Spore Carrier abominations, lobotomies and much, much more. For all we know, Borous could've been responsible for the FEV, meaning he's responsible for practically every conflict in the series. And when we meet them, these architects of exceptionally dark horrors and evils that the human mind can scarcely comprehend we find out that they're...endearing, Funny and Even Cute!

    It's such an immensely jarring juxtaposition. It's like, when you realise what they've done, you really feel like you should hate them more than any characters in the whole series. And yet...you don't. (Well, I don't anyway). I can't help but find them all incredibly sweet and sparing their lives on every playthrough.

    I think the level of writing that has gone on to make the Think Tank, the characters from which all of the most immediate and dangerous evils in the fallout universe can be traced, to actually be likeable is mind blowing.

    EDIT: Just as a reminder of how horrifying the Think Tank is, here is the cut ending describing what happens when they use the Courier's brain to escape the Big MT

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_03KdYBMPs

    Text version

    In the decades following the Battle of Hoover Dam, the Big Empty remained a desolate stretch of wasteland, where few travelers dared venture.

    In time, however, a strange blue field began to grow, slowly spreading across the Big Empty.

    Lightning-blue fields of force danced on the horizon, like electrical storms.

    People whispered of "floating spheres," flickering like a rainbow of torches in the desert like Old World wisps.

    Then communities began to vanish.

    Goodsprings was crushed beneath bizarre hexcrete blocks that stacked to the sky. The inhabitants of Primm winked out, flesh-fried into X-ray silhouettes, their arms raised in surrender.

    A satellite fell on Jacobstown, beaming a kaleidoscope of bright blue equations into the deranged Nightkin minds, driving some berserk, paralyzing others.

    Black Mountain Radio began broadcasting a strange staccato static as hordes of giant man-eating battle Brahmin began to swarm from its peak.

    Camp Searchlight became a garden of giant carnivorous plants, and the Colorado river... "shrugged" one day, drowning several communities as its contours adjusted themselves.

    The Gomorrah became home to a particularly virulent vegetation-based STD that grew like a fungus within victim's genitalia until their bodies burst open like pods.

    The Legion East were systematically brain-scrubbed and rebuilt so that all the inhabitants believed they were in ancient Rome... on the moon.

    ...and the human cattle of NCR were re-educated into believing they existed in perpetuity in a nation-wide version of someplace called "Tranquility Lane."

    In the end, no one was sure who had cracked the Dome of the Big Empty, although it was clear someone had been playing with forces they did not understand.

    Throughout all this, the Think Tank was industrious, confident these experiments were all for the best, the results of the data they obtained - incredible.

    They marveled that all of this had been waiting for them to come along and experiment since the war.

    {}Humanity certainly was persistent, no matter what experiments, nuclear holocaust or otherwise, it inflicted on itself.

    submitted by /u/knightfluttershy
    [link] [comments]

    I just wanted to tell my discovery of Fallout that would later become one of my favorite things in this world because none of my friends love Fallout like me.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    I just got off of a grind of 76 and it really hit me how much Fallout means to me and what it has meant to me for so long. So I just wanted to share my Fallout story with people who really appreciate it as much as I do.

    So I picked up the game (76) like 3 and a half months ago out of pure love and obsession of Fallout. It's been a huge part of my life and I've loved it since I was 12 years old, I'm 22 now by the way.

    New Vegas had just come out and my dad bought it for me when we went to pick up another game. I had never heard of it so I said fuck it, I'll give this a go. I mean it was a free game along with the other game I picked up with my dad. I played it for 10 minutes, couldn't keep my 12 year old attention haha. Then I tried it again and became OBSESSED. I couldn't believe how every single character, enemy, location, vault etc. had a huge and interesting back story. My mom bought me 3 after she accidentally broke my New Vegas. Again I was OBSESSED with Fallout even more. 4 was the most beautiful thing to a Fallout fan like myself seeing the low graphic 3 and New Vegas become so life like with a talking protagonist and insane graphics.

    Fallout was always my escape from my shitty middle school/high school experience. I was bullied by my classmates and upper class students and I never had a say in anything we did, never got invited nowhere either. Fallout made me feel like I was important and that I was needed for a cause that's bigger than life. Or that I was the only one that could handle something that needed to be done.

    Fallout also taught me life lessons as a teenager becoming an adult. New Vegas taught me how no matter how convincing and good a certain side seems. There will always be evils lying beneath the good shiny exterior. 3 taught me to be a hero and fight the good fight for the good of the wasteland. 4 taught me persistence and loyalty that one would do anything and go anywhere to help their loved ones. 76 taught me uh... that you can't have everything you want unless you work for it haha. It also taught me to never judge a game by its reviews. Mind you I picked it up 3 and a half months ago.

    But one thing Fallout has reminded me (especially recently) is that in the end, when the bombs drop, and we emerge to rebuild society that we are all equals. No matter how much one hates another, you will be vaporized just the same as the thing you hate the most. We come from dust, and to dust we shall return.
    (There's a really good Pink Floyd song about this called "Two Suns in the Sunset, check that out.)

    When I bought 76 as a college graduation gift for myself during quarantine my excitement to play a new Fallout game was through the roof (I had just played the hell out of 4 for the 3rd time to really get the same feeling that it had given me as a teenager in high school). But my expectations were extremely low. So I took the chance and 3 and a half months later I can't wait to hop back on and grind my favorite game. I have been having some serious depression seeing my friends go out and hangout without me. My dad has asthma and I don't want to risk him getting COVID. But once again Fallout is there for me to escape from the world and be an important person in another world. I've met fellow Fallout enthusiasts and have had awesome, memorable experiences every time I've played it with friends. The Photo Mode is so cool! I actually printed off a couple of my photomode snaps and put them on my wall! It's like I was actually there.

    So to wrap this up... I just wanted to say to Bethesda and other associated companies: Thank you, thank you so much for making this game because if I never randomly got New Vegas on the GameStop clerks recommendation to my dad I don't know what I'd be doing right now. It truly changed my life and I'll never forget that day I hit START on New Vegas.

    I'm sorry for the essay everyone who reads this. I really, really wanted to share this with y'all.

    submitted by /u/wanna_start_bif
    [link] [comments]

    [fo4] question which dlc should I get from wasteland workshop or vault tec workshop

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    I want to know which one would you suggest

    submitted by /u/rasta12345678
    [link] [comments]

    I think it's cool how some Vault numbers actually have meanings

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    For example, Vault 76 refers to 1776, when the U.S. declared independence from Great Britain, 79 refers to the atomic number of gold, 21 is the winning number in Blackjack, 51 (probably) refers to how out of the 52 contestants in Nuclear Winter, 51 will die and 1 will become Overseer, etc.

    submitted by /u/D00NL
    [link] [comments]

    The Enclave has the most sauce.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    We can all agree, that the enclave has the best looking equipment out of all factions. (Have only played Fallout 3, new vegas, 4 and 76). I mean, Colonel Autumn and the enclave officer uniform beat the Brotherhood's equipment. The NCR Ranger does look nice, but that enclave power armor...

    submitted by /u/Thund3r_Knight
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout new Vegas: birds of a feather quest question *SPOILERS

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    In birds of a feather, Jean Baptiste wants me to kill rose of Sharon Cassidy, I do not remember him stating why. Any one knows?

    submitted by /u/AndreLokok
    [link] [comments]

    Any Way to Play FNV Ultrawide?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    I did the prefs.ini shit, but its horribly stretched and makes me want to just not play it. Any mods that help with this, or is this a lost cause?

    submitted by /u/BattingElk5713
    [link] [comments]

    The Railroad freaking suck

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    "The Railroad only helps synths and not humans because there's already factions dedicated to helping humans"

    What factions are there in the East? The Followers of the Apocalypse are only in the west. The Minutemen are a joke who were wiped out before the game began and are only in the Commonwealth. And then they specifically have you destroy the Brotherhood and burn alive all the little kids on their ship. Codsworth and Valentine even mention the innocents on the Prydwin during the the Institute ending if I remember right. Not only do they do nothing to help the situation in the wastes, they only make things worse.

    Edit: The Railroad also created the raider Gabriel who the Institute states has killed civilians. And they don't even try to stop him 🤷‍♂️

    submitted by /u/ArthurOfHouseMaxson
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get the chip from Caesar, but I'm vilified by the Legion.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    So I'm playing New Vegas rn and I might be fucked. I had left The Tops and was confronted by Vulpes, who said all my past sins had been forgiven and that Caesar wanted to see me. I had completed the Restoring Hope mission since then, where I killed a bunch of Legion members with the NCR and was vilified in the process. Now I'm stuck. I figured maybe using a stealth boy and sneaking into Caesar's tent and pickpocketing him would work. It doesn't - he sees right past the Stealth Boy and he cannot be pickpocketed at all. I guess I could kill him, but if I did, I'd likely die anyways with his huge security flank running up behind me. Maybe I've got this entirely wrong - this is my first time playing it this far through, by the way. Am I truly, utteredly screwed now where I cannot complete The House Always Wins?

    submitted by /u/PapiTerrisJimboy
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that if you walk around without any undergarments cair will like you more

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    I was doing the unlikely valentine quest with fair because she was on the way to the way point. Unknowingly I put away my vault suit and ended up wearing only some light raider gear and the default for not wearing any clothes. Once I rescued valentine and got outside Cait said "doesn't leave much up to the imagination." And I got the notifications that she like me a little more.

    submitted by /u/edward-has-many-eggs
    [link] [comments]

    Some tips for beating Fallout 2

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    Since i beated Fallout 1 i thought that Fallout 2 wiill bring me more lore and that enjoyable wasteland we love. But i feel Fallout 2 harder than each Dark Souls game mixed. Any tips? My SPECIAL isn't bad i think, it's my fourth try

    submitted by /u/DreadGamer23
    [link] [comments]

    Pillars of the Community Levels

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    So, I did the glitch where I drop all my items to join the Pillars of the Community (unfortunately losing 4 thousand caps in the process though), as I wanted to try and climb the levels. I'm unsure if this is possible or not, or if you can how to climb the ranks.

    If anyone could let me know how to climb the ranks, or if I can't and that I wasted 4k Caps, that would be great.

    submitted by /u/DarkOracion
    [link] [comments]

    I got a big on the mission takeing independence (minor spoilers)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    So on the mission, the mierlurk queen never spawned, and can't use the workshop or complete the mission

    submitted by /u/enderdude0413
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't Fallout 4 have a GRA style DLC?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    Considering that fallout 4 has the fewest weapons out of any of the modern fallout titles, and that it depends on the guns more than any of the others, why didn't bethesda make a Gun Runners Arsenal style DLC for Fallout 4?

    For those who don't know, there is a DLC for New Vegas called Gun Runners Arsenal that simply adds a bunch of new weapons (and challenges) into the game.

    Fallout 4 definitely needed more weapons, especially considering that the game is a looter shooter.

    submitted by /u/ambrosemilan
    [link] [comments]

    Has there been any lore on the status of the state of Washington?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    I ask because I'm writing my own version of the story of New Vegas, and in it, my Courier gains, in essence, a permanent companion. He meets her in Goodsprings, and after fighting off the Powder Gangers and taking a day to prepare, the Courier leaves with this person in tow. And with the exception of Lonesome Road and possibly Old World Blues, she's with him for the entire ride.

    My girlfriend has been helping me with bits and pieces of their characters whenever I get stuck, and she proposed the idea of this female companion coming from Washington state. She specifically proposed the idea of her learning to fend for herself in the rainforests and mountains in the state.

    Problem is... I don't really know if there's any word on the status of those rain forests and mountains and whether it'd really be possible to "live off" of them. I mean, since it's a post-apocalyptic setting and Mr. House mentions that they launched 77 warheads at Vegas alone, I wanna say it's probably not possible. But, at the same time, Zion Valley was relatively untouched by the apocalypse itself, so I feel as if largely-uninhabited areas could probably be safe from destruction.

    Just curious, and thank you to anyone who knows (if there's anything to know) and helps.

    submitted by /u/AlexTheGreat1997
    [link] [comments]

    Can you play the fallout 3 dlc after ending the game or do you need to trigger it before a point of no return like New Vegas?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    [FO76] IMO the next NW map should be based around the Watoga area

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    It has both trench AND urban warfare, not to mention all the sneaky hiding spots and possible orange chest spots

    submitted by /u/PacGamingAgain
    [link] [comments]

    Worth it to play New Vegas without DLC?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    Hello. Just finished doing everything I wanted on a FO4 survival character and looking to now get into other Fallout games. Heard New Vegas was the best so I'mma try it out.

    i have Ps now for ps4, but New Vegas only comes with the base game and you can't get the DLC. So my question is - how good is the DLC and is it worth just buying the ultimate edition for Ps3 ($20-25ish) just to play it when I can play the base game for free? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/protecyaneck
    [link] [comments]

    Where is all the tab open soda?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Tab openers were invented in the early 1930s and were used to hold soda by the late 40s yet the only sodas are in bottles (sunset, nuka.) and I thought the crisis that set the technologies back years happened in the 60s-70s, what gives?

    submitted by /u/Toe_vet
    [link] [comments]

    Starting Out (Xbox one)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    So just finished 100% on rd2, so thought I'd try out fallout 76, I'm level 5 atm, I just have a Couple questions. What is the best basic starting base to build, I just wanna stock up materials is that possible? Is fallout first worth it, getaway to level up and make caps? Thank you to anyone for their time.

    Ps thanks to the guy who gave me some starting guns at my base last night

    submitted by /u/LegitimateFeedback8
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 would have been so great if it was singleplayer with the option to play with your friends

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    The game was fantastic. I loved the story, and the enemies. (except the scorchedbeasts) it was well thought out and if they did some heavy patching it would have been next to perfect....

    Except Bethesda, being the money whores they are made fallout 1st. Just stripping the player of any chance to have the game to themselves. No one should have to pay more than 30$ for additional content. And yet it was 120$ fucking dollars a year.

    Yeah, yeah companies need money, I understand that but absolutely no one in their right mind would ever buy that shit. They should have just made more content for the atom shop and they would have made so much more money.

    I haven't played wastelanders because I don't like having people play with me unless I need help with something. People are dicks. Removing singleplayer just makes those who are less experienced and new to the game have a horrible time because of assholes who just go on murdering sprees.

    submitted by /u/D7TNT
    [link] [comments]

    Dangerous memory glitch

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    I was trying to beat this mission when between the one where Kellogg first meets the institute and the next one the way is blocked 1.im playing a modded playthrough 2.i am playing on a xbox one s 3.I have the GOTY edition

    submitted by /u/TheSmokeyNeon
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4] Problem Building

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    I'm trying to build a wall around sanctuary but I'm running into a problem. The problem is that when I try to place down the junk fence near one of those tall bushes or near a house it always says that it's unplaceable there. I've seen a few people do something with the floor mat and then they're able to place objects wherever. How does that work? Thanks for reading:)

    submitted by /u/ethanstehr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment