• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Fallout | Diamond City has a jail, but you’ll never end up behind those bars.

    Fallout | Diamond City has a jail, but you’ll never end up behind those bars.


    Diamond City has a jail, but you’ll never end up behind those bars.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    I found this odd. I could tell that you'd never end up in it, because Diamond City Security made no attempt to arrest me after I got caught stealing a Nuka Cola. They immediately started shooting at me.

    Why bother taking the time to put a jail in-game if Security (AND THE CITIZENS!) all try to murder you to death over a fucking ridiculously flat soda?!

    This is on the level of killing chickens in Skyrim. 😂

    submitted by /u/VarnusJulius
    [link] [comments]

    Strange question, but are perks... canon..?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    Like is it a canon fact that the sole survivor in Fallout 4 can breathe underwater? Or that the lone wanderer can explode like a mini nuke when near death?? Or are these not supposed to be taken seriously and only apart of the in-game experience?

    submitted by /u/XXXMAXTACION
    [link] [comments]

    Bethesda missed an opportunity to reference a funny scene in NV with the Nuka World DLC.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    In NV: Honest Hearts, many of you might know of the speech option where you can catch Ricky in multiple lies. One of which is him calling Deathclaws "Deathjaws", then describing them as deathclaws with larger teeth. In the Nuka World DLC for Fallout 4, we encounter Gatorclaws, which are basically alligators who got the deathclaw treatment. Given the alligators/crocodiles are known for their massive, deadly maws, I find it disappointing that Bethesda didn't call them Deathjaws in reference to Ricky's tall tales. Would've been funny in hindsight.

    Actually, I might make a mod just for that.

    Edit: There's already a mod for it, never mind.

    submitted by /u/Darkbeetlebot
    [link] [comments]

    The Commonwealth doesn't have a Ghoul settlement in The Glowing Sea.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I recently installed Far Harbor; while looking at the Commonwealth map, it occured to me that Somerville place is NOT a useful settlement at all. There should be a Ghoul settlement in Glowing Sea.

    submitted by /u/Beautiful_Sound
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4: GOTY worth the full $60 on Steam?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    EDIT: I got the game for much cheaper using G2A, so I probably don't need any more feedback. Thank you for all the good conversation though, it's much appreciated.

    I just recently got back into Fallout after my brother convinced me to get 76 and I like it, so I started playing New Vegas again, but now I'm considering if I should get Fallout 4 on Steam. It's at a full $60 for the GOTY Edition, which is a bit unfortunate.

    I'm not sure if there's ever gonna be a sale for it since we're already in the summer sale and it hasn't budged an inch.

    submitted by /u/xtremegaming123
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 - which difficulty level is most fun?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    I am going to start playing the game again. Which level do you suggest that I choose? Hard or very hard?

    It says on the web that you find more enemies that are legendary and better loot. But just what is the loot? Is it worth the effort of the enemies becoming bullet sponges?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Perperre42
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to Complete “How little we know” ? (Fallout:NV)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Just completed "Bye Bye Love" and during the confrontation with the Omertà Thugs in freeside, I tried to do pass some speech checks but ended up killing them instead. I completed the quested and started the one in the title but now whenever I walk into Gomorrah, everyone is hostile. What can I do? Or is the quest officially FUBAR?

    submitted by /u/TheBigKahuna315
    [link] [comments]

    I'm planning a Fallout alternative timeline fan novel: Master of Both Worlds

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Here is the first draft/outline of any ideas I have for the novel, NEEDS OPEN CRITICISM

    Master wins the confrontation of the first Fallout game

    Main character is a Nightkin just developing schizophrenia; Schizophrenic partner: A "Pure" human

    The playable character from Fallout 1 is a general for the Master's army

    The B.o.S. still exists as a cult(MORE coltish) following, clinging to their dead ideology

    The Enclave don't know what the fuck to do about any of this; subsequently the former US president commits suicide

    submitted by /u/CreamJohnsonA204
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 download keeps resetting every time I put my PS4 into rest mode. How do I fix this?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    I don't really know what else to say. It's a physical copy of the game if that helps. And my PS4 is set to run downloads while in rest mode.

    Edit: Also I downloaded another game in rest mode just fine so I don't know why it's doing it with 76.

    submitted by /u/TheGameMerchant
    [link] [comments]

    So i just joined just ask a quick question on how do you get everyone to stop attacking you. All i was doing were some modding on the console version in tell i was being attacked by anyone that got near me how do i fix it ? (Xbox one 2014) version

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Something I would like to commend Fallout 4 on

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    The game does a better job than any of its predecessors at making the city seem like a total warzone.

    The first two games obviously suffered from limitations of turn based combat and of the technology of their era. Fallout 3 and New Vegas had big scripted sequences that gave the impression of a larger conflict, but as far as witnessing actual skirmishes and minor battles while exploring, only a few select areas in the game offered that.

    However, Fallout 4 is full of these random battles that break out between the various factions in the Commonwealth, especially after the Brotherhood arrives. I was just walking near Four Leaf Fishpacking when I heard gunshots and lasers going off. I go off to investigate the road near Big John's Salvage to find a Brotherhood squad with Vertiberd going at it with the Gunners. As I get close, I come under fire and realize it's the Super Mutants at the Salvage who are also fighting Raiders. A car explosion goes off and it kills most of the Gunners. After a bit, only the Brotherhood and the muties are left. I just happened to loot a Fat Man off a Ghoul, so I decide to light up the Mutants, and likely saved the Brotherhood squad. The Vertibird pilot and gunner then decide to make the ultimate sacrifice and take off to finish the surviving mutants off. They get shot down and the resulting explosion just so happen to take out most of the remaining mutants.

    I've never been through such a shitshow of a fight in an open-world game before. Huge props for littering the Commonwealth with these ridiculous battles.

    submitted by /u/HarknessLovesU
    [link] [comments]

    Mauser pistol vs Chinese pistol. Why the difference?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    Within fallout 1 and 2 there is a fairly weak pistol named the Mauser, however in fallout 3 the same modelled pistol is named the Chinese pistol. Is there any lore reason for this?

    submitted by /u/dankruptdan
    [link] [comments]

    Would anybody like/play a fallout game in NYC?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Best Fallout DLC?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    I'm interested to see what DLCs are the most liked within the community. I personally liked Far Harbor and Old World Blues the most.

    submitted by /u/grimsleeper59
    [link] [comments]

    Thing's I would like to see in future fallout games.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Just some things that seem... interesting enough to include in future fallout games.

    Power Armor Feral Ghouls: Seems likely enough. It's definitely possible that someone soaked up enough rads to become a feral, then hid in some power armor. Now, the feral ghoul has been living in power armor for years.

    Pipe Shotgun: Should have already existed.

    Radfisher: Fisher Cats, are carnivorous mammals in north america. Radiation, could have made them bigger, and more aggressive, much more like rabid dogs now.

    Friendly Super Mutants: There are very few in the previous games. Having ore of them in their own little towns would be good.

    Arrests in settlements: Instead of just being murdered, guards actually attempt to arrest the player, and put them in jail, or pay a fine. Killing criminals isnt going to help the... monotony of sarcasm.

    Less Online Features: Seriously, we dont need fallout 77 to release. Co-op would be good but full on smo (shitty multiplayer online), wasnt a good idea. we also, dont want fallout 2nd. 100 dollars my ass...

    No Fucking Microtransactions: Unless they are adding something... productive (like, vehicles, or new guns. just cause 4 is a decent example), dont add them.

    Multiple Companions: Having 1 companion is stupid. You used to be able to have a companion, and a dog (fallout 3, and even skyrim had this feature). That would be better.

    I thought i had more, but apparently not. so i guess post things you would want to see too i guess.

    submitted by /u/Tim_Allen_Grunt
    [link] [comments]

    I never realized the beauty of Mojave Express Boxes until playing TTW

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Like some here, I play Tales of Two Wastelands, which, if some of you don't know it's FO3 with the FNV engine so you can play both with the same character. One mod I installed puts Mojave Express Boxes in the Capital Wasteland.

    Looking back to New Vegas, I rarely ever used these things, mostly since, I have companions and they can just carry my stuff, but also, given where the exist in Vegas, they just weren't super useful. Given the lack of player homes in the game (non DLC related), I mostly use Novac since it's very central to other parts of the game. But considering where they do exist, there just isn't much reason to use them. (Well, I guess if you found yourself over capacity from shopping in Freeside and wanted to send things back to your place in Novac it would make sense.)

    Whereas in the Capital Wasteland they are. Like, I've been hoarding quantum since I started the game, and only realized after starting Sierra's quest, that I could just drop my quantum in the box and have it sent to Girdershade. Or, after hoarding Chinese Assault Rifles, I could just have them shipped to Paradise Falls.

    Definitely changes how I play a bit.

    submitted by /u/bkrugby78
    [link] [comments]

    What factions mentioned/appeared in past games would you like to see explored in the future?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    I would like to see what were the 80s really like. They were mentioned in Honest Hearts DLC of NV, supposedly a tribe of powerful raiders that reside on Northern Nevada and Utah. From what we gather, the 80s and the New Canaanites have always clashed on bitter ends. And their description from Sawyer's tabletop RPG is that they are pretty much a large Post-Apocalyptic Biker Gang.

    One last was The Shi, one that was always mentioned in FO4 and FO3, and HARDLY made a role in Fallout 2. Chinese survivors with tech much more advanced than the Brotherhood's and Enclave. And a faction that modders always gets wrong. I would like for them to take on a more major role in the future.

    Special mention to the Daughters of Hecate, a tribe of raider women, pretty much Post-Apocalyptic Amazons from Van Buren that were originally allied to the Caesar's Legion.

    submitted by /u/UTKujo
    [link] [comments]

    Porting kit Fallout New Vegas (please help)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    I'm on Mac, using porting Kit to download a steam version of Fallout New Vegas, I've gotten up to the installation point where I install steam, but the "installing steam" loading bar stays the same even after I download it and sign in, can someone help?

    submitted by /u/XXXMAXTACION
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1/2 Guidance Offered

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    Fallout 1/2 can be hard games to get into these days, as the interface is old and a little clunky. I just want to offer my services as someone who has completed them both (particularly F2) many times. If you want to start out in either of these games, hmu and I'll happily guide you through them and provide a bunch of lore to boot. Happy looting <3

    submitted by /u/Citation_needed_m8
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s More Evil Vault-Tec or Umbrella from Resident Evil, the Answer is Umbrella since they are more ironic and realistic.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    Umbrella still lives on after their demise but Vault-Tec died out after Enclave destruction and Great War.

    submitted by /u/shangtsung190
    [link] [comments]

    Do my perks affect my companions? (Fallout 4)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    For example, I have demolition expert 4 so any weapon with the explosive legendary effect does a lot of damage, if I gave it to say nick valentine, will it do the same damage for him as it does for me?

    submitted by /u/Loren653r
    [link] [comments]

    Cant ask Synth Shaun to leave the Castle after MQ

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    So I just blew up the institute with the minutemen and when I went to the castle to talk to Shaun he just says the usual stuff asking why I blew them up. After getting the holotape he just goes straight to asking me to get him stuff for the wazer rifle. I never get the dialogue to ask him to move to another settlement. I have tried moving him through the workshop menu and it changes his settlement but he refuses to leave the castle and if I teleport him via console he immediately walks back to the castle.

    Mod List:

    # This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

    Fallout4.esm

    DLCRobot.esm

    DLCworkshop01.esm

    DLCCoast.esm

    DLCworkshop02.esm

    DLCworkshop03.esm

    DLCNukaWorld.esm

    Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

    TrueStormsFO4.esm

    AWHD2KFull.esl

    ArmorKeywords.esm

    OVT.esp

    ImmersiveGameplay.esp

    CBBE.esp

    Clean Water - Tropical.esp

    detailedferalghouls.esp

    Lots More Facial Hair.esp

    Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp

    Radiant Clouds and Fogs.esp

    ReGrowth Overhaul 10.esp

    ValiusHDTextures2K.esp

    The Eyes Of Beauty.esp

    Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice.esp

    PRC Patch for Enbs.esp

    Institute Patch for PRC.esp

    FAR.esp

    chem redux.esp

    Improved Boston Airport.esp

    FCOMIGpatch.esp

    brotherhood of steel overhaul.esp

    W.A.T.Minutemen.esp

    Combat_Helmet_Illumination 1.2.esp

    CheatTerminal.esp

    MilitarizedMinutemen.esp

    SIKOutcastPaintjobPlatform.esp

    WaitAnywhere.esp

    stfu.esp

    TrueBlood.esp

    No Bloody Mess.esp

    No Recoil V 0.3.esp

    PIP-Pad.esp

    MilitarisedMinutemen_PatchesAddon.esp

    AlexSleevePatcher.esp

    Animated Drinking.esp

    HomePlateWorkshopSettlement.esp

    FCOM.esp

    FCOM-MM.esp

    FCOM Custom Faction.esp

    FO4 Seasons - Autumn_GoldenGrasses - AllDLC.esp

    TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp

    Armorsmith Extended.esp

    Mercenary.esp

    Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp

    StartMeUp.esp

    submitted by /u/Can1mex
    [link] [comments]

    FO3 launcher loop

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    I have the steam GotY version of Fallout 3 and current experience the launcher loop issue, where pressing the play button prompts the launcher to disappear briefly and reappear again. I've tried the usual solutions, e.g. reinstalling, running in compatibility mode/as administrator, etc. to no avail. The most promising solution I can find online is related to Bitdefender File protection which I don't have installed (I don't in fact have an antivirus).

    My system is Win10. Does anyone know of a solution? I'm close to giving up.

    submitted by /u/Frunkoe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment