• Breaking News

    Friday, April 10, 2020

    Fallout | I’m Jonah Lobe, a former dev who worked on Fallout 3 and 4. To celebrate this sub reaching 666,666 members, I’m going to do a Twitch stream today at 1 PM EST, where I’ll tell stories, answer questions, do a show-and-tell, and maybe even make some art. Join me!

    Fallout | I’m Jonah Lobe, a former dev who worked on Fallout 3 and 4. To celebrate this sub reaching 666,666 members, I’m going to do a Twitch stream today at 1 PM EST, where I’ll tell stories, answer questions, do a show-and-tell, and maybe even make some art. Join me!


    I’m Jonah Lobe, a former dev who worked on Fallout 3 and 4. To celebrate this sub reaching 666,666 members, I’m going to do a Twitch stream today at 1 PM EST, where I’ll tell stories, answer questions, do a show-and-tell, and maybe even make some art. Join me!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    Kellog's Shot and Shaun's ears

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    I just started another playthrough of Fallout 4 and I watched my wife die again, but what I'm really wondering is why isn't Shaun's ears completely destroyed by the pseudo magnum going off mere feet from him. I don't know guns that well myself so I was hoping someone could shed some light on why Shaun isn't fuckin deaf.

    submitted by /u/dominoes925
    [link] [comments]

    Day 10 of lockdown going to play fallout 4 using only Codsworth

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Question for the BOS fans

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    Every time you start a new play through in almost any fallout game do you find yourself just trying to join the brother hood as fast as you can😂!

    submitted by /u/CowboyMorgy_
    [link] [comments]

    I tried the Buffout (matcha cookies) recipe from the Fallout cookbook. Not great

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    This was the first recipe that I've attempted, and it's not the best, I hate to say. I followed the recipe to a T, and they came out absolutely tasteless. Even adding more sugar and dipping them in honey couldn't save them. They just weren't good. Steer clear of that recipe. It's a swing and a miss.

    submitted by /u/MikeMcMRSA
    [link] [comments]

    Porter Gage is underrated

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    I know he's basically raider scum, but his voice actor did a great job of conveying his attitude — kinda reminiscent of how Danny Trejo brought Raul's sarcastic pessimism to life.

    I like how Gage has this 'wasteland, my ass' approach to life, and his quick little dialogue when you swap Preston for him is hilarious too (especially the way he emphasises 'Minuteman').

    Nuka World may have had its flaws, but I don't think Gage was among them. Sure, a lot of people might find him unlikable and end up going the negative-affinity route and probably killing him when he ditches you, but I find Gage a breath of fresh air.

    IMO, some of his top lines has got to be the insult towards Preston, and his comment on how the BoS aren't much different than raiders.

    And let's not forget how much of a badass he is with that handmade rifle of his. Gage ended up being like an automatic (or semi) version of Boone from New Vegas in that enemies just fall whenever he targets them.

    In fact, Gage is kind of like Jericho (from Fallout 3) 2.0. He's a more interesting and badass 'evil' companion, not to mention how badass his unique armour looks.

    Shit, I'd scrap out one of the base game's companions just to make Gage have more dialogue and spotlight. And he's got the right attitude in life too: why stand in front where everyone's gunning for you when you can rather play second-in-command?

    Dirty raider scum or not, Gage is my boy, that. The two of us, with our handmade rifles, together dropped Synths and Brotherhood soldiers alike like flies — even on survival mode.

    submitted by /u/Vg65
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4, i farm purified water from my industrial water purifiers to get a bunch of caps quick.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    For some reason the value at which i sell my waters went down from 10 to 9 caps which isnt a big deal at the moment but if it continues to reduce i will be a little frustrated, is there any reason why this is happening? Im taking cap collector perk now to up the selling price but i would really like for this to not happen, if it helps it started happening right after i lost a raid at my main settlement, nordhagen beach, idk if its correlated or if its a bug, or even if i have sold so much water the value is going down. Is there anyway to restore the old price?

    submitted by /u/PoopDog0603
    [link] [comments]

    My future begins today.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    I'm joining Fallout 76 today and I'm beyond interested in exploring its world and lore.

    submitted by /u/Mlx148
    [link] [comments]

    In a real life post nuclear world, what'd be your music playlist?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    Watch The Fallout 76 Wastelanders Launch Trailer

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Fallout 3 and Nv are more immersive than 4

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Fallout 3 and New Vegas have amazing stories. Fallout 4 story/ side quests dont even come close I dunno what it is but playing 3 and nv everything about them Nv and 3 get me so immersed but 4 I just feel like I'm playing a game I'd love to hear everyone else's take on this

    submitted by /u/nickmartin142
    [link] [comments]

    Settlement Problems in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    I need some high knowledge advice. I've been trying to get my 100% happiness in a settlement and I don't exactly know how to do it. I understand all the things to do like assign jobs and build shops but it's not enough to get all the way. Does anyone know any specific problems my Sanctuary settlement might be having to not get all the way up there?

    submitted by /u/fordadonuts
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] I recreated Black Mesa entirely on Xbox

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    So, I own fallout 4, I'm bored, in quarantine, and super depressed. All of this added up equals to me spending 2 days turning outpost zimonja into a miniature black mesa, or perhaps a science team outpost

    To set the scene: a settler stumbled apon a long abandoned military complex, lots of security, and a ton of locked doors, but it appears to have unlimited potential for massive loot, or atleast some scrap electronics

    So he sets up a team, 3 individuals who are experts in their own rights. A soldier who knows how to hold his ground, a merchant who has connections to all the right places, and a master hacker who can bypass all the security (alongside two beefy automatons to back him up)

    These four gentlemen set up shop, but not without gaining the attention of nearby raiders, who attack the settlers while they are midway through their looting

    You stumble apon the aftermath, and reap the rewards.

    I even went out of my way to make it look like a quest (with a distress beacon, dead bodies with blood, rewards, and notes/holotapes)

    Watch the videos in order, as each gradually show off more and more of the base, and all the effort I went into to make it lore friendly, and unique in it's own right. Read the comments below for descriptions of what's happening in each video

    >Video 1

    >Video 2

    >Video 3

    >Video 4

    >Video 5

    >Video 6

    submitted by /u/Madgameboy
    [link] [comments]

    Wastelanders has grabbed my renewed attention for the game and I want to know the state of the game.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    I played Fallout 76 for the last time on January 2019. Back then I had a nice experience with the game, couple of bugs and stuff but nothing too game breaking. I stopped due to lack of content and some base building bugs. I want to know, without the wastelanders update, which I plan on cheking out anyway, what other things have been added to the game and how is it faring bug-wise? Is there a lot more to do than at launch? Is there anything that has changed that I need to know before coming back? What is your overall experience with the game and current opinion?

    submitted by /u/WinterGalaxy441
    [link] [comments]

    Any thoughts on 76?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    I've been playing the vanilla Fallout 4 for a few years now and I've been wanting the latest title Fallout 76. Does anyone have any negatives on the game I should be worried about from your experience? And any really good things that Fallout 76 does that Fallout 4 doesn't?

    submitted by /u/The-Corruptor
    [link] [comments]

    Question for new Vegas fans

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    What was your favorite fallout new Vegas dlc

    Mine has gotta be Zion canyon I it's a national park with tribes

    I gotta dislike old world blues for it's annoying boss fight and not gonna say where but it's a huge robo scorpion boss fight.

    submitted by /u/fellowredditorhello
    [link] [comments]

    Question about fallout 4

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    So I already own fallout 4 and I couldn't get dlc so now I really want dlc so the game of the year edition is cheap but also comes with the game so if I do buy the game of the year edition, will I lose all my progress on my main game or will the dlc download on my main game or will the game coming with the game of the year edition not download?

    submitted by /u/aryaprakash_
    [link] [comments]

    Is Bethesda afraid of morally grey decisions?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    Playing through Fallout 4 just makes me think that the writers like having a good guy and a bad guy. The only example of a morally grey decision Ive made is on Fallout 3s The Pitt with stealing/not stealing the baby.

    submitted by /u/RushinPancake
    [link] [comments]

    Returning to Fallout: New Vegas after Playing the Originals and Fallout 3

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    So I've just finished Fallout New Vegas and all its respective DLCs as I continue playing through the mainline games. Just like with Fallout 3, I hadn't touched the game in almost 3 years. This recent playthrough, totally about 86 hours, I discovered a lot of things I hadn't previously known, and some things I loved but also despised that I hadn't considered back when I played it previously. I've played Fallout 1, 2, and 3 one after another, and now it's New Vegas's turn to be critiqued in comparison to the rest of the series. So saddle up, this'll be a long one. I've got a lot more to say about this game than the previous ones.

    A little background information first. Fallout 3 was my first game in the series all the way back in 2013 when my sister introduced me to the game, and my cousin gave me a copy. It quickly became one of my favorite games at the time; I purchased the GOTY Edition, played through all its DLCs, and I put hundreds of hours into it. After I played Fallout 3, I heard about New Vegas shortly after, but at that time I had always heard that it wasn't as good as its predecessor. That idea had been stuck in my head even when I finally buckled and got New Vegas, and it continued to persist even as I played through it for the first time. Something about the game was very different from what I was used to, as at that time my knowledge of the series was primitive and experience with RPGs in general had been relegated to Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Oblivion; all Bethesda RPGs. I didn't understand most of the new features New Vegas had introduced, and my playthroughs were much less enjoyable than that of 3's. However, as the years went by, subsequent playthroughs of New Vegas, the release of Fallout 4, and more experience with different RPGs (games like Mass Effect, KOTOR, Dragon Age, Divinity Original Sin, et cetera), I grew to understand and appreciate the aspects of New Vegas and the various details I never noticed beforehand. I was 13 when I first played the game, so I suspect at that age I wasn't ready to understand it. And now, having played through the previous three in the series, I see the game in a much brighter light than I originally had.

    Comparing New Vegas to 3 seems very simple on the surface level. Both share the same engine, assets, open world, and many more. To someone whose never played the game, they'd be forgiven to think it was just an asset flip outsourced to a different company to capitalize on the Fallout IP. While the cynical side of me would partially agree with the motivations behind New Vegas's creation, especially since Obsidian were given 18 months to create the game, a part of me believes Bethesda made a conscious decision when picking Obsidian. A lot of Obsidian's staff and heads had been former Black Isle members, the original creators of Fallout. Not many companies would give, essentially, the former owners of their IP a chance to make the game they didn't have the chance to before. While New Vegas isn't the original Fallout 3, otherwise known as Van Buren, it does borrow heavily from the elements originally planned for Van Buren. Caesar's Legion, Hoover Dam, Joshua Graham, Ulysses, Big MT, and many many more that I can't remember off the top of my head. I've seen a lot of people describe New Vegas as the original Fallout 4 rather than Van Buren, and that's an apt description of what it is. So the original creators of Fallout were given the chance, and it was probably their last one, to work on the IP they created. Even with the restriction of 18 months to make the game, Obsidian, unlike most other developers, decided to go bigger and bigger compared to Fallout 3. More guns, more factions, more quests, more dialogue and dialogue options, the return of traits, more ending slides, reputation systen, and even an optional Hardcore Mode for those who enjoy a more survival aspect! Obsidian opted to go bigger than I think anyone really expected. Not only adding features, but also improving on what Bethesda had done. Adding in Iron Sights, weapon modifications, different ammo types, and ability to create various items to help out. They even overhauled many features like weapon/armor durability, damage types, damage threshold instead of damage resistance, and skill checks. Obsidian had ambition when making New Vegas, and that shows in the final product. Going bigger than 3 and trying to best it in as many aspects as they could!

    If I were to describe New Vegas, I would say it's the closest modern Fallout has ever been to capturing what made the classic games what they were. Just like Fallout 1 & 2, New Vegas has many different solutions to quests, and with the reputation system among the many factions, each choice has a tangible impact on the game. Piss off the NCR too many times and they'll deem you a terrorist to the Republic. Get on their good sides and you'll be rewarded with a safehouse and even an NCR radio to call in support or goods. The many different options, skill checks, and choices that impact reputation provide many different ways to play and consider how it'll impact your game. Not to the mention the return of many different ending slides that are influenced by your choices. The replayability of New Vegas is far greater than Fallout 3 by miles! One playthrough you may befriend the NCR and support them to the very end, pissing off the Legion every chance you get. Another one could be the complete opposite, or just be a wildcard and piss off everyone in the Mojave! There is a way to maintain relatively positive reputation with every faction in the game, but that requires prior knowledge of the game and an understanding of how the reputation system works, along with the disguise mechanics as well. It isn't an easy process, which is a very good thing in my book, but for the intelligent and experienced player it is very satisfying to play the factions like fiddles.

    This replayability also extends to the character creation as well; however, to a much lesser extent but slightly better than Fallout 3's. Big Guns and Small Guns have been combined into one skill called Guns (original), and the Outdoorsman skill has returned in spirit with the Survival skill, more useful in Hardcore Mode, and revamped to fit the type of game it is. Traits are back, and that's probably the highlight of character creation. Giving yourself unique abilities with trade offs that disadvantage you are things I believe any great RPG should have, at least in some form. It even solved a personal issue I had with Fallout 2 and its absurd pop culture references and wacky encounters by locking them to the Wild Wasteland Trait. That's a personal bias, but I appreciate the option regardless. Leveling up has even changed to where skill points are rewarded at a lesser rate than 3, and perks are rewarded every 2 level ups instead of every one. This makes you consider each perk carefully when you get the chance, very much like that in the original games. Even with all the DLCs, increasing the level cap to 50, you still can only get 25 perks, while Fallout 3, with Broken Steel, you can get 29 perks. Most if not all of the skill-boosting perks are also gone, and now there's more unique perks to choose from. Two of my favorites are the "And Stay Back!" perk and "Shotgun Surgeon" which turn shotguns, which at late game are not the most effective weapons to use, into powerful weapons that can be carried through DLC areas as well! There are more unique perks like this, and this just adds another layer to character creation as you play through the game.

    There is one issue I have with the game and character creation, and it's more so an issue imported from Fallout 3 with a combination of a certain trait. It is very possible to max out all your skills to 100 using skill books, "Comprehension" perk, and the "Skilled" trait, particularly the trait. "Skilled" adds +5 to every skill at the cost of -10% less experience gain. Doesn't sound that bad, right? However, there's a bug (we'll get back to those) that when you leave Goodsprings and are prompted to edit your character, reselecting "Skilled" adds an extra 5 skill points without doubling the penalty. Combine this with the "Good Natured" trait as well, and you have a large amount of skill points at the start of the game. Play your cards right and you can get 100 in every skill even before you reach level 50. Becoming a master of everything, able to pass any skill check outside of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats. While it is fun, becoming a master like this really diminishes character builds, banking entirely on perks and traits. It isn't a major problem, but a nitpick I have.

    Moving onto the story, it's a massive step up from Fallout 3. The various factions to choose from, your decisions that change how each interact with eachother, replayability is the name of the game with New Vegas through and through. Even quests that feel completely disconnected from the main story have their own ending slide depending on what you do. The game starts out slightly different from the rest of the serious. Instead of looking for something to help your community or something personal to you, your just a Courier trying to get their package back from the f*cker that shot you in the head, Benny. As the story progresses your thrust into the power struggle for New Vegas and Hoover Dam. NCR, Caesar's Legion, and Mr. House all vying for control of the region, and your the one to tip the tide in their favor, or go it alone with Yes Man. This is your story and how you influence the region and its various factions, and the ending climax at the Dam feels big and important! All the build-up leads to this, and you'll either kick the Legion out of the Mojave, the NCR, or both are tossed aside. There's sp many variables in the story that it's incredibly hard to collect every detail of the story past your encounter with Benny in the Tops. It's something not even Fallout 2 did, and feels like an incredible step-up from the faction-based diplomacy of said game!

    Another highlight of pretty much all Fallout games are the companions, and New Vegas is arguably the best in the series in this regard. To this day New Vegas has some of my favorite companions in any video game. Each unique from the other with their own desires, beliefs, and struggles. It's done incredibly well, and I much prefer the way you gain favor with them in New Vegas than the "Companion Liked That" from Fallout 4. And your choices can have impacts on how these characters feel about you. Boone and Arcade for instance will refuse to work with you if you help the Legion, with Boone even going to the extent of trying to kill you if you piss him off enough. Not to mention that the companions get different ending slides and unique perks for themselves when you complete their quests that vary based on your decision. In my opinion, New Vegas handles companions better than the rest of the series.

    However, Fallout New Vegas is far from a perfect game. There are many issues that plague this game, some unintentional and others design choices. Let's start with the obvious. In my 86 hours of playing the game, I encountered well over 40 hard crashes that shredded my ears every time it happened. That dwarfs the mere 3 I had while playing Fallout 3 (I wish that was a joke). Even to this day, the game is still horribly optimized and with many bugs and glitches. Luckily for me, I only had one quest bug out and it wasn't important whatsoever. But the constant crashing was absolute madness, that I genuinely had to step away from the game for three days. This is obviously because of the short development time that the game had and Obsidian's ambition. I noticed that a lot of people seem to put the blame on Bethesda and the game engine Obsidian had to use while making the game. Effectively making many of the biggest issues, bugs and stability, all on Bethesda. I don't entirely believe that, because Obsidian has made plenty of games beforehand, and many of them faced similar technical issues. Even my playthrough of the Outer Worlds had many bugs reminiscent of New Vegas, including an entire companion quest breaking because she apparently "died" while I spoke to her, even though she was still walking, talking, and breathing, even after various patches. So I don't believe the narrative that New Vegas's bugs are entirely Bethesda's fault. Partially, due to the short development? Yes, but not entirely on them.

    Another issue I have is the opposite of what I loved in Fallout 3. The actual open world in New Vegas isn't all that great. It's, well, very boring and uninteresting when compared to 3. It really does capture the wide desserts of classic Fallout in 3D pretty well, at the very least. This also extends to exploration as well. New Vegas is arguably the most restrictive Fallout in this case. Areas are either blocked by high-level enemies (Cazadors, Nightstalkers, Deathclaws, Fire Geckos, et cetera), or blocked by impassable rocks, mountains, or f*cking invisible walls! So many invisible walls in the most obscure places! Managed to get to the top of a relatively steep incline? Invisible wall directly in front of you. Just wandering on some small hills? There's a random invisible BLOCK on flat land that does absolutely nothing because you can circle around it in a complete circle! Why Obsidian decided to put so many obscure invisible barriers all over the map is beyond me. That's not even the end of it. Most locations you explore hold almost nothing worth the effort. Unlike in Fallout 3 which had skill books, unique weapons/armor, bobbleheads, and others in pretty much every location, New Vegas has less unique weapons/armor out in the world than 3. Most of the Unique items in New Vegas are sold in shops rather than found in the wild. At least money actual has a use to buy them or the various implants from the New Vegas Medical Clinic. To compensate for this are... the Blue Star Bottlecaps. Which, yes, leads to the most powerful lazer pistol in the game, Pew-Pew, isn't a good enough incentive to go exploring. Exploration is such a downgrade in the base game of New Vegas, that I almost didn't want to explore every location, but I did it anyway just to be sure.

    Another problem I didn't realize til now about the game is, of all things, the various quest designs. Not the writing or the stories of these quests, the actual design choices of them. The writing and stories are overwhelmingly the highlights of them, however most quests in the game are moving from one point, talking to a person, moving to the next, talking to them, and going back with small bits of combat in between. Combat is a much lower focus in New Vegas than in Fallout 3, so this was very noticeable as I went through the game. The actual content or gameplay of the quests in New Vegas are pretty lackluster. What keeps most players from doing these are the various choices and stories these quests have in them. Of course, this isn't always the case, but a majority are like this. Luckily the decisions and writing in these quests are what holds up the stories in the Mojave.

    I'm not done yet with the problems, but this is more so a sad one and what could have been. It's pretty evident that the game has an abundance of cut content. Especially since I've been doing a lot of research on the game lately, and all I can see are the various things that could have made the game even better, but lack of time means things have to be cut. Post-game content based on the game's endings, quests that feel hollow because of cut content, but the biggest is the Legion. I can only dream what Obsidian could have done for the Legion with more time. The faction has a noticeable lack of quests associated with them, which is one of the reasons that it's so difficult to reach a high reputation with them. But ironically enough, the Legion's ending during the Battle of Hoover Dam feels more complete and complex than any other faction. So much effort put into it, that the Legion side is more entertaining and appealing than the other three sides. It's strange that the Legion has the most cut content compared to the other factions that their ending at the Battle feels more complete than the others. New Vegas's cut content is such a tragedy, that, if there ever was a remaster of this game, I could only hope that cut content could somehow be added into it.

    One thing that I don't think I'll ever forget about the game is the memorable characters, particularly Mr. House and Caesar. These characters rival the Master in some of the best characters in all of Fallout. Hearing Mr. House's plans for the future of humanity, listening to the philosophies of Caesar and why he founded the Legion. Every playthrough, no matter what side I'm on, I always listen to these two individuals talk and talk. I feel like Caesar is more memorable with a combination of his voice acting, the writing, the philosophies that drive him, and the background music in his tent all combine to make an encounter that, and call me a heretic, is better than meeting the Master of Fallout 1. That moment when you first meet Caesar always sticks with me, even years after playing it, I've always remembered that first time meeting the man himself. And the good characters don't end there, because New Vegas's DLCs continue to make great characters.

    New Vegas's DLCs deserve a spot all by themselves. In my opinion, Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road are some of the best DLC in all of gaming. Unlike in Fallout 3, the New Vegas DLC are built on existing lore that was put into the game, and it all has an interconnected story that builds on one another to create some of Fallout's best stories.

    Dead Money, probably the most divisive of the four, is one of the bests, in my opinion. It does have problems. Radios and speakers give me PTSD every time I think of the damn things. But stripping the player of all their gear and forcing them to scrounge for supplies creates a sense of tension and despair. It's the closest Fallout has ever gotten to a full on horror experience, but it's more than just the atmosphere and the dangers. It achieves horror just from making the player character feel vulnerable, so even if one finds the atmosphere not scary, they feel scared because they can't rely on their weapons from the Mojave to save them. It doesn't stop there, because Dead Money has the best story from the DLCs, and the theme, to let go, is one of the most powerful themes in the entire series. The characters all have their own demons they must let go of if they wish to survive, and depending on what you do they may let go or cling on and end up dead. Dog must let go of his desire to serve a master. God must let go of his desire to control Dog. Dean Domino must let go of his pride and work together to survive. Christine Royce must let go of her mission to kill Elijah. Elijah must let go of his desire to control the Sierra Madre and use it to attack the NCR and anyone that stands against him. Even the Courier must let go of his desire to posses the vast riches of the Sierra Madre, or be trapped forever inside the vault. Elijah is the only one who will not let go, and his refusal to do so leads to his demise inside the very thing he desired most of all. Dead Money isn't for everyone, but behind the frustration is a story and theme that is powerful enough for anyone to take to heart.

    Honest Hearts lets us meet the first Legatus of the Legion, Joshua Graham, the Burned Man. A man conflicted by his desire to protect the tribals of Zion, but let's his anger against Caesar, for what he did to him, cloud his vision; believing he is doing God's work. Zion is a beautiful location, and just begs to be explored through. Tribals are brought back, and are given a very good inside into what they are in the post-apocalypse, something that Fallout 2 introduced, but never fully fleshed out. While the story isn't as compelling as I think it should be, Honest Hearts introduces the best story told without NPCs in the entire series. The Survivalist and his experience after the great war, and his tragic story of loss, but overwatch of the ancestors to the tribals of Zion. It's a fantastic story that you have to explore to get the full story, and you're rewarded with a very powerful rifle by the end of it. While I consider Honest Hearts the weakest of the DLCs, it has some of the best moments in the entire series. Joshua Graham and the Survivalist.

    Old World Blues has without a doubt the funniest dialogue I have ever heard in any game I've played! It's a nonstop adventure of comedy with horrifying undertones and the discovery of SCIENCE! Once again the world demands to be explored to find absolutely everything. Even one of the ending slides is determined by how extensive you explore. It's got every kind of B Movie science fiction trope you can imagine. It's how Mothership Zeta should've been, in my opinion. Yet underneath the comedy and bizarre science is the horrors of how far science can go if unchecked. And, the namesake of the DLC, Old World Blues. The desire to see only the past that you ignore the present. To continue on in the world, we must let the past stay in the past, but use what we learned to keep going in the present. Old World Blues and New World Hope. A powerful message beneath the comedy of the Big MT.

    Lonesome Road, my personal favorite. The culmination of the previous three DLCs into an epic conclusion and confrontation with the man himself who was meant to carry the Platinum Chip: Ulysses. A man who knows his history, who traveled the same road you did, yet you didn't know it. Braved the Big MT and disturbed the Think Tank. "Who are you, who do not know your history?" Once a Frumentarii to Caesar who discovered Hoover Dam and witnessed your character bring about the destruction of the Divide. He saw something in that town, a nation taking its first breath. Snuffed away by a mere package. Now you go to meet him in the Divide. Two couriers, face-to-face. Traversing the Divide with some of the most dangerous enemies in the entire game there. The Old World still sleeps there, with the "Giants," the ICBMs, slumbering underneath waiting to awaken like mythical beasts. As you continue down into the Divide, you see messages left by Ulysses saying you could also go back. Prevent the events from happening, to go back. You just blindly do what you're told to, right? Continuing down the path, when you could walk away at any time. Do you even know why you're still going? Did you intend to launch the Ashton missile? Why do you persist on going? And at the end of the road, you can launch the missiles or stop them. Repeat history or know your history as to not repeat it?

    Fallout New Vegas is one of the best games in the series, arguably the best for me. It's almost everything I want in a Fallout game with some exceptions which range from minor to large. I thoroughly enjoyed replaying the game. I learned a lot more from my recent playthrough, and I see many things in a different light. At one point Fallout 3 was the better game for me, but like how a fine wine ages over time, time has made New Vegas a better game for me overall. I know not everyone agrees with me, and some consider New Vegas a tad overrated, what everyone wants for a Fallout game is different, as I've learned from playing the games one after another. Each game so far has great qualities, but in my opinion New Vegas stands at the top as my favorite game in the series. I have no doubt I'll continue to play New Vegas for many more years to come, as, despite the many... many technical issues, the game stands up on its own two feet as a fantastic successor to an already great game, but for very different reasons. Fallout New Vegas is the best game Obsidian made, and the best Fallout game, in my opinion.

    Well, that's my take on New Vegas after playing through the last three games. And yes, I am playing each game one after the other with almost no break in between. (Gotta do something while in quarantine, eh?) So... next is arguably the black sheep of the mainline Fallout games. Fallout 4. That'll be the end of these little takes, as I don't own 76 and I won't buy it because It's just not a game I would enjoy. So we'll end these off with Fallout 4, and, despite my statements about the game in previous posts, I am looking forward to it. I actually enjoy playing Fallout 4, but not for the same reasons I enjoy New Vegas, the originals, and even Fallout 3 to an extent. That'll definitely take me quite a while, because I've been incredibly thorough in the last two games, and Fallout 4 won't be any different. This'll be the longest of the whole series, I'm sure of it. If you're interested in what I have to say about that, stay tuned for that. It'll be a little bit, though. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this. Apologies if this was too long. I hope this wasn't a bad take on the game.

    submitted by /u/Dovahkiin812KW
    [link] [comments]

    In what part of Fallout: NV do you start playing the DLC`s?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Hey guy, after 10 months, again, I`m planning on starting over New Vegas.

    Being a fallout game, everybody has their different ways on playing the game.

    Now i`m having trouble actually playing the DLC`s to actually complete the game (to this day I still haven`t beaten it)

    So being that this subreddit is full of scholars that really understand the game, can any of you suggest which misson/sidequest to end off and start playing the DLC?

    the suggeted order of playing the DLC is: Honest Hearts (level count between 10-20), OWB(20-30), DM(30-40) and LR(40-50)

    submitted by /u/Edwardomane
    [link] [comments]

    When do you think Fallout 5 will come out?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    got a rad problem

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    im playing new vegas and went to camp searchlight but i didnt take the road there, thus i didnt get to the ncr camp first to get the info, wanted to skip all that talkin thinkin i could just bring the dog tags and be done with it. turns out it might not work like that because i had a handful of tags and i got to the camp the ncr set up, started talking and the option to start the quest wasnt there. so that was fun

    ended up going with the legion on this run so i dont care at all about the quest, my main point is that im not going to any radioactive places and keep getting a bit of radiation, could that be from the dog tags since they are irradiated ?

    im gonna give an example of this: after getting every bit of rads out of my system, i went to bitter springs and then to statio bravo, remembered there was a gun in the devil's throat i could use so i started walking there. put on my space suit and checked my rads, they were at 16 for no reason.

    i went to a doc to get the rads cured just 15 minutes ago, got to bitter springs by fast travel and had 16 rads out of nowhere. now there is a good chance im not getting something here, this is my first fallout game ive played and its only my second run/playthrough so i might not get how the game works but id like to see what someone more knowledgeable than me has to say about this.

    thank you

    submitted by /u/charcass
    [link] [comments]

    Why does everyone hate the enclave

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    I'm here discussing why everyone hates the enclave, I personally think the enclave is great but why do you hate them

    submitted by /u/MindfulBirch
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment