• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    Fallout | Can we collectively get an F in chat for the people whos bases are now inside buildings due to Wastelanders

    Fallout | Can we collectively get an F in chat for the people whos bases are now inside buildings due to Wastelanders


    Can we collectively get an F in chat for the people whos bases are now inside buildings due to Wastelanders

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    So i was hanging out a the Rivet City church and noticed some cool things

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    So Father Duffy or whatever his name is was all "sunday, 8:00, be there brotha" and so i stood in that room for 46 hours and waited. The citizens can wandering in and did thier usual conversation npc dialogue stuff, but most interesting was that they had unique dialogue like "not now in church, you can't say that in church, after church sweety, etc." I thought it was a pretty cool detail.

    Father Crokwell never showed up by the way. Had to make my own sermon but the darn COUNCIL MEMBER BARNEY WHATSHISNAME IN THE BACK PEW WOULDNT SHUT UP ABOUT MUDCRABS, nasty creatures

    submitted by /u/Nabono
    [link] [comments]

    In its current state, I prefer Fallout 76 to both Fallout 3 and 4.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    Before I get downvoted into oblivion, let me explain myself.

    1. The Appalachia is the best map of all modern Fallout Games. The variety of biomes is great. I liked Fallout 4's map, but this one blows it out of the water with unique and interesting locations, and its gargantuan size. Locations like the amusement park, the golf resort, the crashed space station among more were very intriguing locations. My favourite place in particular is The Mire area, for its strangler vines in trees.
    2. Enemy variety and designs are very creative and bizarre. The new enemy designs really strike a chord with me. Honey beast and wise mothman are two of my paticular favourites. Unlike both Fallout 3/4 which rely on ghoul/super mutant/bloatfly/mole rat combo a bit too much for my liking.
    3. Better Dialogue System. This is leaps and bounds better than Fallout 4, cause its a silent protagonist, you can have more than four options on screen at once, and you can see the entire sentence your character speaks, and speech checks are used much more often and meaningfully. I also think it's a bit better than Fallout 3's systems as well, because unlike in that game, speech checks arent based off dice rolls.
    4. Better main story and writing. This one is probably the most subjective point of the bunch. To clarify, I'm talking about Wastelanders story here. It's not some The Last Of Us level story (not even close), nor it is a story to write home about, but I generally think its better than both F3 and F4's find your dad/son main stories. The Raiders and Settlers have some characters that I quite like, and I found the quest for the treasure more interesting that main quest in F3 and F4. My only big criticism is that naming them "settlers" and "raiders" makes the story seem like it's black and white, which is not completely true once you actually experience it.

    Other than that, the vanilla 76 questlines arent as bad as people make them out to be (though they do get somewhat boring without NPC's) Shoutout to the Order Of Mysteries side quest storyline in Vanilla Fallout 76, it's one of my favourite side quest arcs ever (better than every side quest in Fallout 4, despite having no NPC's).

    With wastelanders, I like how NPC's acknowledge things around them like the weather, with different lines if there is rain/fog, or if you're carrying something (some npc said "Who carries a desk fan around?" or something, and sure enough, I had it in my inventory. Just small little touches like that go a long way.

    With 76's nature as an online game, it naturally has a more ambiguous backstory to your character, since all you are is some random dude from the vault, there's none of the fixed backstory F3 and F4, which I prefer too. It feels better for roleplaying that way.

    I liked the Minecraft mode in Fallout 4, so needless to say I like the Camp system as well.

    There are some flaws that this game has that werent in previous ones. You can pickpocket anymore. Since its an online game and in real time, you need to watch out for enemy attacks while you're in your pip boy or sorting your inventory, which can get annoying. I'm very iffy on adding back weapon durability as well, since I never liked that mechanic. I think the combat is fine just like Fallout 4, but a lot of the times there's a 0.5 second delay in your gunshot registering, probably cause its online. Building feels limited camp budget, and the camp stash is too small. Fast travelling costing money is something I dont like either. At the very least, fast travel to faction bases like Foundation and Crater should be free. The perk card level system is whatever, I dont feel one way or the other towards it.

    With the updates, I find the bugs to be as common as past Bethesda games, but it doesnt seem to as broken as launch period anymore. But this is only based off one person's experience, other people might have had worse luck.

    Make no mistake, this is not Fallout New Vegas, it doesn't offer player choice and consequence to that degree, nor is it as well written. If you want the best role-playing, 76 doesnt come close New Vegas, which I still regard as the much better game.

    However, in my opinion, this is Bethesda's best Fallout game to date. It feels like a Fallout "greatest hits" version turned MMO, and its not without its quirks, but I quite like it.

    submitted by /u/KillerKingKobra
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone noticed that the super mutants express grievance for their own kind in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    While fighting them, if you kill a super mutant, others present would get upset.

    Brother, no!

    It is a neat detail. I wish there was something like this for the hounds.

    submitted by /u/Hope1820
    [link] [comments]

    So, I’ve never been into gaming... but now I’ve logged 130+ hours on Fallout Vegas in just 3 weeks

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Would people in the fallout universe prefer more, uh, voluptuous bodies?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Hear me out. A friend and I were talking about previous pandemics earlier and one thing lead to another and we got to talking about ideal bodies through history. We were discussing how bigger bodies were seen as more attractive because it meant you had the luxury to eat enough to gain weight and you were probably healthier for it. Realistically in a world like fallout, where the average wastelander is battling radiation, raiders, radscorpions, mirelurks and more while also trying to grow food/provide for themselves, would a bigger body be the ideal? Or would the remaining old world media keep the ideal slim? And I'm talking like, renaissance chubby not what some people seem to think is modern day chubby

    submitted by /u/Its_Clover_Honey
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have Fallout 76 on the PlayStation and need an absolute ton of explosives?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:30 AM PDT

    Please, dear God, someone take them. I don't even want anything in return anymore. I don't care what you do with them. I have 30 pounds left in my stash, and I can't bear the thought of having to crawl across the wasteland constantly. I've got a fat man, a grenade launcher, small amounts of ammo for each, and like forty frag grenades.

    I hope I'm not breaking the rules by making this, and I know there are better subs for this, although they're all dead, but please, somebody, take them off my hands.

    submitted by /u/VoopityScoop
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished fallout 3 for the first time

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    And i have to say im kinda disappointed. The game is just not that fun, the main quest line is boring and there are to few side missions. What i really liked in NV was that you could use skills (medicine, guns, repair) to do thing in the world, like repair something or heal someone, in 3 that's bearly used and even if it was it's to easy to get skill points in that game. I just expected a bit more from the game.

    submitted by /u/rudiko138
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it now?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    This question must have been asked before but my internet searching skills are just terrible. But is fallout 76 worth it now? I have heared there are improvements but what improvements? I played it for an hour at launch and got bored pretty soon. So should I pick it up again or not?

    submitted by /u/thorbenpouwels
    [link] [comments]

    We made a Fallout fan film, 'Shelter', right before Coronavirus hit. In case any of my Fallout peeps need a quick laugh right now.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    Laugh at either the film or the production value ($70 budget one-day shoot), but we had a good time:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRvNxFVfmFY

    submitted by /u/DillonMadDogHerbig
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite/least DLC in the Fallout series?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    I have recently played through all of the DLC's of 3 and 4 and I want to discuss people's likes and dislikes about all the DLC's in the fallout series.

    submitted by /u/JackAttack727
    [link] [comments]

    Just started my fallout 76 journey.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    I step out side the vault! I head right and I pick up a pistol then I step onto the nearby bus. As I walk towards the back I see a suitcase tucked away underneath the back seat. As I make my way towards the suitcase my game blacks out and I'm at the dashboard! Great way to start this adventure lol.

    submitted by /u/Tee_Rye_Lee
    [link] [comments]

    A positive experience in Fallout 76

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Today, about 10 minutes ago actually, my friend and I - level 11 and level 18 respectively - were just wandering around in Helvetia killing Scorched and looting houses. We were approached by some higher level players, I believe it was a level ~130, a level ~240 and a level ~85. Naturally, from past experiences I braved for a swift and merciless death. However, I was quite surprised when I was gifted ~20 stimpaks, a few Salisbury Steaks and some Purified Water.

    I just wanted to share this experience as it really made me feel welcomed in the game, and disproved my old assumption that most higher level players simply kill us noobs with no hesitation.

    submitted by /u/HotelEggs
    [link] [comments]

    Wastelanders story?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    Hey guys. Im planning on finally buying the game but im wondering if the story is any good or interesting? With Twists and character choices like the other fallout games?

    submitted by /u/savage_memer00
    [link] [comments]

    You can now pick 1 perk from Fo4 and use them in real life. Which one would you choose?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    And the perk you choose will be maxed.

    submitted by /u/AdorableKiwi16
    [link] [comments]

    Wastelanders being viewed as a decently good success..

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    What do you guys think the next steps are to take fo 76 to the next level

    submitted by /u/Madbrogsmer90812
    [link] [comments]

    Humbled by a fellow wastelander

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Hi all.

    I feel I have to share this with you and I would love it if the person in question browsed this reddit.

    I have been keen to play FO76 for a while, but this year has been a tough year and I have other priorities which meant I couldn't buy it...

    3 kids... Marriage in August...(if it doesn't get cancelled!) Work in a school...

    And of course COVID19.

    I regularly browse twitter and was replying to a tweet by Bethesda, just stating I'd like to play 76 but can't afford it yet! When a some random person messages me asking what system I play on.

    I tell them PS4 and think nothing of it.

    A hour or so later I get a DM from the same person...

    Have fun! XXXX-XXXX-XXXX PSN Code Let me know if it works!

    I thought it was a wind up, so log on PS4 and go to the store...it didn't work. I replied back stating the code was invalid but thanks for the gesture.

    A hour later they reply back saying it should and to try again at checkout. After some digging from both of us, it turns out they brought the code for the US PSN and I'm from the UK so wouldn't work.

    A message him//her again saying thanks for the gesture again and that the effort was appreciated.

    A hour or so later I don't know why (call it fate??) but I while I was on YouTube just watching random junk to pass the time I stumbled on a YouTube video of how to play games from US store on EU...I thought surely not.

    I messaged them again explaining there could be work around and should I try, they say yeah try.

    I create a US PSN account, enter the PSN code and blam...$50 to be added to the account.

    I was dumbstruck for a moment, feeling really humbled by this random persons gesture. Before I redeem it I ask them are they sure?

    They say yeah!

    I redeem, buy FO76 and begin to download it. He//she tells me to have fun and it's a fun game that they have sunk 600hours into.

    I thanked them profusely (I don't think I could enough)

    In such hard times as we are ALL facing right now, there is still people out there who can pull off gestures like this. It's truly humbling.

    Thank you random stranger...your gesture will never be forgotten 🙏

    submitted by /u/CluckyFlucker
    [link] [comments]

    Creation club content

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    I'm just curious does anyone know if there is going to be new creation club content for Fallout4 and if so what are they

    submitted by /u/bulideybob420
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else think it’s dumb to blow up a Vault door with C4?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Fallout 76 as just retconned it's entire Lore about Vault doors, because for some reason now you can blow up a Vault door with a few C4. I could shoot a fat man at Vault 79 as much as I want before Wastelanders and all it takes it some C4? If anyone can explain it then I'll be very intrigued

    submitted by /u/Dray_2323
    [link] [comments]

    New Data Mined Weapons , skins and camp decor!! That power armor is sick!!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    Fallout 4 needs a photo mode.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    Think about it, all the beautiful things you could possibly see on your travels and with Mods it could be amazing to capture those moments.

    submitted by /u/GamerGetRekt200
    [link] [comments]

    NCR keeps attacking my companion (Veronica) How do I get them to knock it off?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    Fallout New Vegas: I had gotten caught stealing while inside of the NCR base. Veronica immediately began punching everyone, and made everyone become hostile. I left and fast travelled away (but not before she killed the Major D. guy), and everything is peaceful between me and the NCR, but whenever I bring my companion around, they begin fighting. I really wouldn't care so much about this because they seem to ignore me, but I still receive experience points and infamy whenever she kills one of them, lowering my faction reputation. Is there a way for me to fix this?

    Summary: I need to find a way to stop my companion Veronica from punching NCR soldiers whenever we're around them.

    submitted by /u/Popular-Ice
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas: Confusion about the Yes Man ending

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    So, this is something I've had in my head for a while but dis anyone else feel cheated at the end of the Yes Man ending? All of the slides talked about an independent New Vegas but on my first play through when I went for the Yes Man option I was completely under the impression that I was going to be the one in charge.

    Am I alone here or did I miss something? I just feel like there's a huge disconnect between what is told to you about what will happen as a result of these actions and what actually happens by the end.

    submitted by /u/Chromtheexalt
    [link] [comments]

    Medieval Fantasy Builds

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    I have been playing Fallout 76 since the Beta and I have had the idea to make builds based off of fantasy RPG class tropes. I've been tinkering with this idea for a long time and when Nukes & Dragons came out I've been making these builds and slowly tinkering them. I just wanted to make these to make playing Fallout 76 a new experience (especially when we had a lack of content.) I wanted to also make these open for role-playing (before we had that too.) These are all Medieval Fantasy Classes that you can use and enjoy in Fallout 76! Also the addition of the Bow has really changed the setups! Since Fallout 76's launch I had wanted Bows to add to my concepts and now it's a reality, so below you will find these builds along with a description and optional role-playing choices.

    Medieval Alchemist - You will use Bows with Poison Arrows, A Syringer, and crafted Explosives. Which your affinity for making drugs is useful.. if you didn't always get high on your own supply. Does not wear Power-Armor. Your drugs are so powerful that even your teammates get a contact high and can heal!

    Medieval Druid - You will use a Bow and occasionally a Scythe/Sickle. You will only wear Wood or Leather Armor. You don't like to hurt your animal compatriots, but if they attack you first, you'll raise all hell! You refuse to eat meat, but it doesn't help that you're mutated to not be able to digest it. Most people assume you want the world to be reclaimed by the Old-World's Nature, but in reality you thrive in the Wasteland, radiation is your Friend!

    Medieval Barbarian - You will use Axes, preferably Grognak's Axe. You will only wear Leather Armor or at least Leather Legs and Metal Braces. You don't like the constriction of Chest Armor so you refuse to wear it. You have high resistance and easily kick ass, but only when you're drunk as hell! So load up on crappy beer... hard liquor works fine too though.

    Medieval Assassin - As an assassin you specialize in Stealth. Your weapon specialties are Bows, Crossbows, and Daggers. You prefer to wear lighter armor such as Leather, but you're willing to wear heavier armors. You're not very complicated, you sneak around, impale people with arrows or daggers, and just have an all around good time.

    Medieval Knight - You have sworn your life to striking your foes down with the clean swipe of a sword, the type of sword isn't relevant to you. You only wear armors made of metals and the Enchanted Armor you have discovered throughout the land, known by the locals as "Power-Armor". You can take a hit in your layers of metallic armor, but you hit back even harder.

    Medieval Paladin - You clad yourself in layers of armor so that you can guard all of your fellow Adventurers. You carry around a trusty hammer to smash in the heads of the evil creatures roaming this land. You choose to use Power Armor so that you can be the shield for your compatriots.

    All of those descriptions are goofy as hell, but I put a lot more effort into the builds themselves. These are of course just guidelines, you don't have to follow them, but please check out the builds and tell me what y'all think of them or how they could be improved, also feel free to comment ideas for more builds! I'm still working on a few, such as my favorite, The Bard!

    submitted by /u/Syrtr0s
    [link] [comments]

    Why are people so rude to mod authors on the Nexus

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    I see it on almost every mod and it makes me so sad. Especially when somebody has failed to use a mod properly due to their own incompetence then proceeds to bash the man/woman who sacrificed hours of their life FOR THE COMMUNITY. I consider myself a pretty angry human in general, but I have NEVER just took it out on a stranger online? For the most part I absolutely love the community it's blessed with a lot of amazing people! You guys are so appreciated don't let somebody who thinks 1+1=3 shit on your parade

    Edit: there is absolutely no reason to drag individual mod authors through the mud if you wouldn't say it to their face don't post about it

    submitted by /u/Mr_Slim_Lahey
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment