• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 28, 2020

    Fallout | Paladin Danse's personal quest really hits home for me.

    Fallout | Paladin Danse's personal quest really hits home for me.


    Paladin Danse's personal quest really hits home for me.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I recently completed my Brotherhood playthrough of Fallout 4, which requires you to complete the quest "Blind Betrayal". From the point that Maxson informs you that Danse is a synth in an extremist tyrade, to the moment he confronts the two of you outside Listening Post Bravo, I thought that a lot of this seemed familiar to me. Not in a "I've seen this part before" sense, but in a "I've been in this sort of situation before" sense.
    You see, as a trans person, people degrading me and casting me out for my identity is something I've been through before. The way Maxson reacts when you call Danse "he" ("He? You call this thing 'he'?!" or something along those lines) hit me hard. I found myself unable to muster any sort of respect for this man anymore, struggling to even talk to him on the Prydwen for subsequent quests. Of course I convinced him to let Danse live, but as soon as the Institute was destroyed, I abandoned the Prydwen and never went back.
    On the other hand though, when I took Danse as a companion again, I hit max Affinity with him fairly quickly. In his max Affinity dialogue (I believe), he thanks you for showing him that he isn't an abomination solely because of his identity. This also stuck a strong chord with me, because it's something I've been trying to come to terms with myself.
    Anyway, I'm especially fond of Danse as a companion after this quest. His story is something I can relate to, and I'm glad Bethesda added these little nods to real world issues. I love this game.

    submitted by /u/snedward_nygma
    [link] [comments]

    Worst Faction in the entire franchise and why ?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    Mine is Railroad becouse they are only saving synths and not thinking what is gonna happen next what is gonna happen after institute is gone.

    submitted by /u/Efelori
    [link] [comments]

    I got the Benevolent leader achievement in sanctuary

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    It took over 10k caps and about 3 days but it was worth it, I originally thought there was a bug that didnt let you get 100% happiness their but I'm not so sure now, if you want proof just look in my profile and it should be the second thing you see

    submitted by /u/chicken_doers_
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my friends created a town with a militia that you can join if you’re level 30+!

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Me and some friends got together and thought it would be fun to make a town together and help eachother out. We have a border patrol, militia, and in town jobs like: teacher for helping low levels, farmers for helping provide food, armory, ammunition's dealer, etc. we even have a few brotherhood milsim rp's providing us with caps and other good just for trading them meat and food! We're always accepting new people to! We're on Xbox! My gamertag is D3G#8816

    submitted by /u/dddavis27
    [link] [comments]

    Vault 81 Mole Rat Disease is always annoying

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    So I decided that during this playthrough I would do a bunch of side quests before ever touching the main quests, you know the usual playthrough of FO4. Although when I eventually got to Vault 81 I decided to do something differently, so this time I wouldn't get that dumb -10 health from the mole rat disease. I know it's a very small thing but it still is annoying, so this time I would drop the companion and do the quest without a single bite. And shit I gotta say it's very nerve racking to go through the secret vault when you hear that one dumb mole rat that keeps popping up randomly. You never know where it's gonna show up, and with the funky AI that mole rats have it did make for an interesting experience. I know it's a small thing to note but thank you for listening to my TED Talk.

    submitted by /u/ScrewOriginalNames1
    [link] [comments]

    Joshua Graham is a badass

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    Just replayed Honest Hearts and this guy is my favorite Fallout character of all time. Such a calculated, forward individual. Appreciative and cold. Fuck I love New Vegas.

    submitted by /u/IPA_Fanatic
    [link] [comments]

    Which faction is right for America?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Which faction do you think would win/control America

    submitted by /u/Daf929
    [link] [comments]

    (Fnv) Stealth Gehenna build?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    Does anyone know a good build for this? I think I tried this once before with Fallout 3 but it kept crashing even with mods. Speaking of mods I'm thinking of the Reinforced Stealth suit mod and project Nevada. Other than that I'm just worried about not doing enough damage and being seen by deathclaws. I've heard build luck, explosive, unarmed, and melee but not sure how much to put into each and for what perks.

    submitted by /u/Matsoup
    [link] [comments]

    Far Harbor Fan Art (Updated)

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    I posted this a few years ago and got some great feedback from everyone, thought I would share my updated piece with you all.

    Through the Mist

    submitted by /u/Led_Zeplinn
    [link] [comments]

    I think the thing I dislike the most about the modern Fallout's is that every character has to look almost the same which leads to a lot less unique people, I wish they'd broaden out the character models a bit, it would add a lot to the world

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Wouldn't it be nice to have some different body types? More unique looking characters like Gizmo. More people with amputated limbs and a suitably cool backstory, more people who look on the verge of starvation, people with severe scars etc etc

    The characters lack a unique flavour to them, I think that's why Nick from Fallout 4 is so cool even if he is still about the same shape as every other non Super Mutant character. He stands out the most by a huge margin.

    Every Ghoul is just a regular person with a different skin, they don't look emaciated like they used to because they clearly all have to fit the same base character model.

    Everyone also moves exactly the same too, even if a character is more on the round side they can still run around like an Olympic champion which makes what little variation there is between people feel even more homogenized, the only person I can think of with unique movements(in conversations at least) are Mama Murphy with her slouched posture.

    Imagine you could have a companion with one arm? That would be pretty cool. You'd have to give them different weapons to use or if you gave them a rifle you'd have to accept they take much longer to reload and such. And of course you could add in a side quest to get them a prosthetic, you would think those are common in what's still quite an advanced post apocalypse. In FO4 Automaton would have been a great opportunity to upgrade a characters measly metal arm to a LASER ARM.

    I thought Ingram in Fallout 4 was cool initially but then her being in Power Armour 24/7 completely mitigates any physical issues she has, at least from the players perspective.

    I feel as though this is really quite a simple change that would improve the feel of modern Fallout a huge amount. Obviously people have a ton of problems with the games, from the lore, to the gameplay or missing parts of it but this is one thing that sticks out to me a lot. Physically every character just seems like a carbon copy of each other and that leaves only their outward personality to fill in who they are.

    Whereas you look at another character like Gizmo and before he even talks you know he's a greedy, disgusting sleazeball, visually he's a product of the world around him and what he's taken advantage of in life. Fallout needs more unique looking individuals like that instead of every character feeling like a clone of one person with a randomized skin. Basically the only unique things about companion characters are their clothes so the second you change those they're back to being Factory Standard Human #132

    submitted by /u/Steve717
    [link] [comments]

    [Fo4] what items do you unlock for each faction?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    Been trying to find this online but nothing specific, I know these for certain:

    • Minutemen: Flag, Artillery

    • Institute: Flag

    • Railroad: Flag

    • Brotherhood of Steel: Flag

    but thats all I know, this is my first playthrough and I want to end with as many unlocks as possible for the workshop so will choose the faction I want to side with if they have the best unlocks.

    What else does each faction unlock for Workshop items?

    submitted by /u/He6llsp6awn6
    [link] [comments]

    Lonesome Road Deathclaws

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    They just oneshot me like nothing. Marked men are easy to deal with if you are carefull, maybe set some quick traps, snipe them from a far, for tunelers I just use Riot shotgun. But m8 you are screwed if a Deathclaw finds you. Is that a bug or glich or coding error. I ask that becuse I think that I should use tgm when I see them.

    submitted by /u/Vuk_Djuraskovic2107
    [link] [comments]

    Are the minutemen gonna solidify and become a state like the NCR?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    If so will they ever meet considering the ncrs reverse manifest destiny

    submitted by /u/Wotan_the_one_eyed
    [link] [comments]

    A Fallout game set in New York City?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    What would you guys think of a Fallout game set in NYC? Personally, I'd love it and I'm surprised Bethesda hasn't already done it.

    submitted by /u/sannabic
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 76] Please tell me the locations of prewar cars!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    I absolutely love finding pristine, prewar cars when exploring Appalachia, they make wonderful screenshot fodder.

    I already know the fusion flea by Tyler County racetrack, and I already know the many locations of prewar zips (but I would love to see more!), and I have already seen the gorgeous prewar limousine by Sugarmaple, please help aid me in my search for these gorgeous vehicles!

    submitted by /u/BiggestThiccBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Help, I just robbed a vault full of gold bars!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I just took all 37 gold bars from the Sierra Madre vault and escaped like a mad lad.

    The problem is I'm over encumbered and I don't feel like walking slower than a blind priest all the way to the gun runners place from the BOS bunker.

    What do I do?

    submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator
    [link] [comments]

    What Group Did People Join In Fallout 4?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    I want to see which group is most popular. For those who don't remember there are, The institute, The Brotherhood of Steel, and the underground railroad, and the minute men. Also, sis you stick with the minute men and another group. I ask this because you can do minute men and one more without having to 100% betray one.

    submitted by /u/GIANTPUP01
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Bethesda seem to never patch their games?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    This goes for both Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

    We all know that Bethesda makes good but horribly buggy games to the point where the bugs are pretty much just accepted as a gameplay mechanic. While it does seem like that Bethesda does patch some bugs, by the time they're done updating the game it seems like almost nothing has changed, with game breaking bugs that have been present since release still existing.

    So why is it that Bethesda doesn't seem to fix these bugs? It seems like one of the things that would be high on their list of to dos would be to make sure that their game works.

    submitted by /u/OnetimeRocket13
    [link] [comments]

    How would you feel about a fallout set during the war?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    What if bethesda made a fallout but the story is happening during the war.They could do the same same as cod waw.We switch sides and characters throughout the story.

    submitted by /u/MilkMan_101
    [link] [comments]

    If anyone has any information on The Raiders of Friendship please let me know.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    This group goes around and prays on the weak of fallout 76. They must be stopped.

    submitted by /u/Crispybacon322
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to redownload fallout 76?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    Hello all I love fallout and I was wondering if fallout 76 was worth returning to, or if fo3 and new Vegas are more of the move?

    submitted by /u/Hairy-Melons
    [link] [comments]

    bad fps on good pc

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    i have a 1070 and an i7 but overlooking the town from vault 111 only gets me 45 fps, 50% gpu usage

    SOLVED (i think)

    i put the res up to 1440p and the framerate went up to 60 with some drops down to around 58 while walking around sanctuary, gpu usage also went up to around 80-99

    submitted by /u/TysoPiccaso
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment