• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 8, 2020

    Fallout | Imagining a Fallout 5 trailer with Frank Sinatra singing New York New York is so perfect it almost has to come true.

    Fallout | Imagining a Fallout 5 trailer with Frank Sinatra singing New York New York is so perfect it almost has to come true.


    Imagining a Fallout 5 trailer with Frank Sinatra singing New York New York is so perfect it almost has to come true.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Frank Sinatra didn't know it but he made the perfect song for a New York Fallout game. In the song he mentions "towns melting away" , " make a brand new start of it", " king of the hill" and " if I can survive here I can survive anywhere". From listening to Bethesda interviews It's highly likely the next Fallout game will be set in New York or at least its a strong possibility, either way I'm sure eventually if not Fallout 5 we will get a New York based Fallout game and it would be a sin to not include this iconic song.

    submitted by /u/JC-Gamer-55
    [link] [comments]

    I learned how to play blackjack because of Fallout New Vegas

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:41 PM PST

    It sounds embarrassing in but it's actually a pretty funny story

    submitted by /u/NebulaOverload
    [link] [comments]

    I tried playing Fallout 76.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:08 AM PST

    I tried, truly.

    My wife had gotten me Fallout 76 for Christmas in 2018 and I was genuinely excited despite the hearing all the negative press surrounding it since release. I played it, enjoyed it and played it some more but then I started slowing down. Certain things about it really bog me down and kill the overall feel of it for me. I'm not bashing the game by any means, trust me, it's gets enough crap. But I simply wanted to voice my opinions and concerns and get feedback from you wonderful people.

    1.) The card system. I'm not too keen on the sheer randomness that you unlock skills by a simple luck of the draw. You can get perks and skills for stuff you don't even use. (The furthest I've made it in the game is level 12 and maybe the first fistful of main quests). I know you can buy ATOMS which may enable you to purchase more card packs but that's unfair to the person that doesn't want to shell out more than the original asking price of the game. I know for a fact my wife didn't buy it for $60, but I don't spend additional money on a game unless I'm totally invested.

    2.) The "always online" nonsense. I get that you can play Fallout 76 with friends and that can make it significantly more enjoyable, problem being, I don't have very many friends to play with on a regular. I'm a stay at home father, so most of my gaming is done during the day when most normal people are at work...working. That sort of ties in with my other grief - the inability to pause. Being a parent of two small children, there may be moments where I have to abruptly stop playing to tend to a child. Or take long winded breaks for lunch time or if I want to hang out with my kids for a little bit. And my character is just standing there...idle. Subject to attack from creatures or other players. Also, the amount of quests they jam down your throat at any given time is ridiculous and if you stumble across a live event going on, you feel obligated to pursue it but they don't need to blow up my HUD with fifteen different quests at one time. One quest, one event (closest proximity). That's all I need to see.

    3.) The inventory situation - this may be trivial but the inventory system is an issue. You collect stuff. Yes. It weighs...something, regardless of what it is (I think notes and schematics are the only "weightless" thing in the game). Ammo has weight now, regardless. Fine, I played New Vegas on Hardcore and ultimately prefer playing it that way now. I know how to manage my weight capacity. In New Vegas, whenever I left my domicile, I was almost always traveling light with about 40-50 pounds worth of gear and 300-400 was my cap, so there was a lot of space for mindless pickups. I feel like I can't do that now because no matter how much I store and how little I carry, the bare minimum to survive, I can never leave my domicile with less than 100 pounds of stuff and my cap is only like 145-200, not giving me very much to acquire before I have to turn back around to offload junk and sell whatever I don't need/want. This kills the pacing for me because I feel like I have to stay within shouting distance of my C.A.M.P. in order to do anything or keep moving it every couple of in-game miles.

    Enough with the negativity, because it really doesn't help. On the positive - Fallout 76 looks fantastic. The way it feels wandering around the wasteland. Constantly feeling like you're being stalked by monsters or players with hostile intent is unparalleled. I love rummaging around, finding junk to make into guns, melee weapons and armor. I like that there is the constant survival element of making sure you're hydrated and fed, even rested from my recollection. Guns have nice meaty sounds and hearing gunshots from a distance is a nice touch, wether they belong from the guns of other players or warring NPCs, it's a nice touch walking through a dense forest and hearing gunshots in the distance, choosing wether to follow them or steer clear.

    I haven't gotten far enough to talk about the nukes and whatnot. I would honestly love to get to that point, but I cannot find myself wanting to play the game when there are stronger contenders out there - like The Outer Worlds, which feels more like a Fallout game than Fallout 76. I really, REALLY hope that this doesn't kill Bethesda's interest in making more because I love the franchise as a whole. I didn't get into it until Fallout 3, but I've been an avid fan since. I've gone to a midnight release of New Vegas (even got the special edition, which I rarely do) and I got Fallout 4 digitally, day one and played the everliving crap out of it and I still haven't beaten it.

    I hope the next game has leveling like Skyrim, where as you use more skills, you get more experience towards that skills and certain perks are locked behind the numerical value of that skill.

    TL ; DR - Fallout fan realizes how broken Fallout 76 is.

    Thank you for taking the time to read my complaints and grievances if you made it this far. I hope you have a fantastic day.

    Edit : I've had several people remark how I must not have made it that far into the game - obviously, why invest time into a game I'm not enjoying. Also, I've heard of pre-planning my build and whatnot, why? I don't understand why pre-planning to play a video game has become necessary. Whatever happened to pop it in and play? Lastly, I understand how the online aspect works. I get that. Why did this have to be a multiplayer game, who asked for that? I get it, Elder Scrolls did the same thing. Call it Fallout Online. "Logging off" is just another unnecessary step. Give me an option before I start playing to join a server or to play offline.

    submitted by /u/XPhantomSithX
    [link] [comments]

    Why commonwealths?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:00 AM PST

    Why did pre war America create commonwealths out from states, is there any lore reason behind it?

    submitted by /u/bjornen12345
    [link] [comments]

    Once fallout 4: the capital wasteland and fallout 4: New Vegas releases, it is possible to do a tale of 3 wastelands.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:00 PM PST

    Favourite Side Quest (Any Fallout Game)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:35 PM PST

    So my question for all of you is what was or still is your favourite Side Quest from any Fallout game.

    Mine is the Wasteland Survival Guide with Moira Brown. The chick in Megaton when she wants you to go and get injured, go and get mines, be stealthy in front of Mirelurks or bash in Molerat heads. That side quests is still probably one of my favourite things, due to the simplicity of it or Moiras up beat attitude.

    What is your favourite or most memorable side quest?

    submitted by /u/SlowFatWombat
    [link] [comments]

    I finally finished an all in-game short film on Longfellow. It utilizes many mods and animation tools and I wanted to share. Enjoy!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Is there a way to build the Pickman paintings in my settlements?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:30 PM PST

    Preferably without mods, but I'm not totally against mods.

    submitted by /u/snfaulkner
    [link] [comments]

    Gasbot concept from Van Buren, love the atmosphere, the design, everything!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:50 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/eMCoPC0.jpg

    I hope we'll see him someday in one of the games...

    submitted by /u/Aggressive-Dish
    [link] [comments]

    Does Fallout work on Windows 10?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 04:17 AM PST

    I want to play the first Fallout game, but before I look further into it I need to know if it works on my system, specs:

    OS: Windows 10 Graphics: Gtx 1050 RAM: 16 GB CPU: intel i7

    submitted by /u/TijmoanTheRedditor
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas - What is your favorite quest?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 03:37 PM PST

    I've been playing it again for the first time in a few years, and have progressed to the Strip where you confront Benny. What has been everyone's favorite quest in this game?

    submitted by /u/il-guerriero
    [link] [comments]

    Missing fallout 4 dlc

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:22 AM PST

    I bought the season pass about 2 years ago and recently had to get a new Xbox one. All my games, including FO4 appeared after setup, but this is the only game that the dlc did not show up. Any advice on where I may be missing this?

    submitted by /u/MFlywalker
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone having problems logging in to Bethesda. Net?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:46 AM PST

    I keep trying to login into Bethesda and it isn't letting me login saying I have the incorrect password even though I know I dont

    submitted by /u/SpiderGen
    [link] [comments]

    Simple question why did they get rid of visible holstered weapons

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:22 AM PST

    Nothing else to the question besides that, it was even available in skyrim and i mean fallout 4 is basically skyrim engine wise modified but the same (correct me if im wrong), so my question is why did they get rid of it exactly?

    I loved seeing my cool ass weapon perfectly matched with my armor on my back walking slowly towards a town.

    They genuinely just could have made a holster strap or side holster with no work if they were really lazy just have it glued to your back or hip like previous installments clipping sure but didn't alot of things clip in f4 and (f76? Im not sure if they brought it back in 76) like especially with bethesda's "rule of cool" thing why was this REMOVED

    TL;DR WHY

    submitted by /u/Mishimoid
    [link] [comments]

    Can I take points off perks and apply them to another perk at all?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:36 AM PST

    Fallout 76 friends

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:22 PM PST

    I just started fallout 76 and I need some friends I'm level 12 just message me if you want to be friends I'm on ps4!

    submitted by /u/Default768
    [link] [comments]

    Any one on Xbox wanna create new builds in 76 and play as a team?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:17 AM PST

    I just reinstalled fallout and saw how poorly my character was made and was wondering if people wanted to make a team where we do our own thing but chat and exchange items

    submitted by /u/A-list-wannabe
    [link] [comments]

    Diegetic Choices (or: Why I Love Fallout 4's RPG Elements)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:44 PM PST

    Possible spoilers for Fallout 4's plot, particularly sidequests.

    Please bear with me here, Redditors, this might get long.

    I have Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Fallout 4 on steam (I don't have Fallout 76, because the internet isn't very fast where I live, and I don't think my several-years-old laptop would handle that game anyway). Of these, Fallout 4 is by far my favourite.

    It's not particularly because of the shooting mechanics (I really can't play shooters well, and I've run melee or powers-based builds in every Mass Effect game as a result). It's not due to the mods (currently, all I have is bugfixes and a few crafting tweaks to allow ballistic weave on more clothing items). It's not due to the graphics, because my computer makes the game look pretty awful (any HD texture packs would almost certainly render it unplayable). It's only partially due to the aesthetic, the story, and the voice acting (which are all great, but I'm not sure if I prefer them to the previous games).

    What makes me love this game is the way it integrates its narrative/character decisions into the normal flow of gameplay. In short, the choices of Fallout 4 are (mostly) Diegetic.

    In order to explain what I mean by this, I'll give an example of what I'd call non-diegetic choices.

    Let's take Fallout 1 for example. In Necropolis, the Vault Dweller can pass a repair check (I think, it might have been a science check) and fix a broken water pump. This isn't an option anywhere else in the game, repair does not normally do this. For that specific moment, all of your normal abilities are taken away, and the game gives you new ones based on your character build.

    For another example, Fallout New Vegas, Fixing Caesar's tumour. Immediately upon interacting with Ceasar, the player loses all control of the Courier. The normal abilities the Courier has cannot be engaged, the Courier cannot move, or speak, or use weapons. Instead, the Luck stat, the Medicine skill, and various items can all be used to do things which they don't normally do.

    These are only two examples (and there are a few similar examples in Fallout 4, such as the Intelligence checks in the USS Constitution quest) but they are indicative of what the choices in those games usually are. To me (and this is all just my opinion) that these feel less like my character's choices, and more like my choices.

    By contrast, Fallout 4 generally handles its choices differently. Like all the Fallout Games, it has a great many man-stories and side-stories which can be resolved in a variety of ways, with different avenues depending on the specific character build of the PC.

    For instance, the "Human Error" quest, in Covenant. That Quest has two basic outcomes with several variations upon them. To start with, a sufficiently Charismatic character might be able to get a hint as to the true nature of the region in the very first dialogue. Or, simply answer the guard's questions, and be allowed in. Or, if you prefer, you could immediately exit the dialogue and just murder your way in. Or steal a key, and sneak your way in. All of these without losing control of your character at all, having access to all the same capabilities as usual. Incidentally, all of these options (and, indeed, EVERY OTHER OPTION IN THE ENTIRE QUEST) can potentially affect the disposition of companions.

    Once inside, the basic premise of the Questi is given by Honest Dan (assuming that you haven't turned everyone hostile through violence or skulduggery). From this point, there are a wide variety of options as to how to proceed. Examining the remains of the Caravan can reveal different clues, including one hidden behind an (unstated) Perception check (because the game doesn't tell you that this will be here, it just doesn't exist unless the requisite perception is there, first-time players cannot "cheese" this. You have to already be able to do it).

    Inside of Covenant, there are several ways to proceed. Hacking terminals (which requires either a specific high-rank perk, or a companion who can permanently leave if his disapproval gets too high) picking locks (same limitations apply) stealing, sneaking, or two separate characters with their own distinct charisma options for persuasion (both female, meaning that a male character with Ladykiller has an advantage here), in various combinations, all work to get you the answers you need. And all of these are done with the same abilities, the same basic toolset, that your character would have when going on some random radiant quest or haggling with a merchant. You never lose control.

    The Quest continues in this vein. Bring Honest Dan or leave him, negotiate with Mister Orden or brush him off. Bluff your way into the compound, sneak your way in, pacify your way in, or just kill all the guards. All the normal options, plus a bonus speech option just for this quest. You can be as violent or as non-violent as you like, provided your build allows for it. Finally, you get to the end decision. One choice turns Covenant violent (if any of the people there are still alive), and the other choice turns Honest Dan violent (unless you left him behind!), your companions will react to these decisions, and it ties into the theme of the game. You'll possibly gain access to Covenant as a settlement, and you'll be paid either by Doctor Chambers, Honest Dan (with whom you can haggle for a higher price, but if you get too greedy, he may bump you down), or Old Man Stockton. Except it's possible to have already killed Old Man Stockton in a previous Quest, so this whole thing can end with no monetary reward and no allied settlement, if you make the wrong choices.

    There are many, many other examples in Fallout 4. Blind Betrayal, Duty Or Dishonor, Plugging A Leak, Diamond City Blues (and its associated quest, the Marowski Heist, and the various encounter chans which branch off from it). All of them are deeply interesting, all of them allow for roleplay.

    What separates them from the other Fallout Games, however (IN MY OWN, PERSONAL, OPINION) is that they all feel like choices MY CHARACTER is making, not choices I am making FOR my character, if that makes sense?

    In any case, I've rambled long enough.

    TL;DR- Fallout 4 presents its quest/story choices in a very subtle and well-integrated way, due to a myriad of design differences which affect how special stats, companions, and perks are all used. I like this feature, and it's the main reason why Fallout 4 is my favourite Fallout game so far.

    submitted by /u/TheCybersmith
    [link] [comments]

    Why did the Mojave fear the Legion so much?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:14 PM PST

    Did I miss something? Was the Legion supposed to have a larger and scarier army but Obsidian just didn't have the time to implement it? Why are they feared like they're some kind of a formidable force?

    I mean by sheer number and firepower from their rangers/snipers alone, the NCR could just wipe the floor.

    I guess some Legionaires have guns but most of them are melee wielding soldiers charging into a battlefield where marksmen from the NCR are waiting from a distance..

    Even a mere small group of Fiends with energy weapons or Powder Gangers can fight them but it is implied in the game that people cower in fear when thinking of facing the Legion.

    submitted by /u/Dotaspasm
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas Expansion: Vault 21

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:25 PM PST

    So stay with me on this one. It might seem like a bit of a stretch but what about an add on that follows the life of the one and only Doc Mitchell from Fallout New Vegas. Doc Mitchell grew up in Vault 21 and was bullied a lot. Then he found his soon to be wife in the vault. Once the vault doors were opened, he chose to run away and start a new life as a traveling doctor. He married his childhood sweetheart in the strip and they planned to go to California to start a new life. But it didn't go as planned, as she got weak and died in Goodsprings. Doc Mitchell stayed in Goodsprings so he could stick close to his wife. So, what if Bethesda were to revisit New Vegas and make a whole new dlc where you helped doc start a new life. It could start out where you go to visit a scientist in the strip and enter a memory lounger and flashback to the memories of Doc Mitchell (sort of like Kellogg). Then, while in the lounger you play as him and follow his life leading up to the passing of his wife. You realize the sorrows and pain he had to go through and want to help him start a new life in California. You could help him travel there and go through a series of enemy encampments. Hell, maybe they could even implement settlement building into this and you would build Doc's new home. I feel like this idea sounds good in my mind, but I want to hear feedback from you. Knowing Bethesda, this will probably never happen but hey, it's worth a try.

    submitted by /u/biG-bOi007
    [link] [comments]

    What songs would you like to hear in the next fallout game?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:46 AM PST

    For my pick, I was listening to some old 40's and 50's songs when I stumbled across Tom Lehrer, mathematician, comedian, and musician. I feel like a couple of his songs would fit into the fallout repertoire very well.

    Who's Next?

    We Will All Go Together, When We Go!

    submitted by /u/MelonyBerolVisconti
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment