• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 21, 2020

    Fallout | My Brother Hood Of Steel Tattoo I got Few months back. Been wanting to share it!

    Fallout | My Brother Hood Of Steel Tattoo I got Few months back. Been wanting to share it!


    My Brother Hood Of Steel Tattoo I got Few months back. Been wanting to share it!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:57 PM PST

    There has to be a more creative way to create challenging combat than bullet sponge enemies.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:55 PM PST

    It just isn't fun to me, and the loot you get off the enemy usually isn't anything worthwhile. Like you get an alert that Nordhagen Beach is under attack and when you get there, there's a bunch of high-level super mutants. So you start blasting and it takes a lot of ammo to kill them, but it's not really fun, it just feels kind of tedious. You're actually bored with pointing the gun, pulling the trigger, and reloading by the time it's over.

    I find something like ranking up a perk that gives you big damage for sneak attacks to be more satisfying than finally killing a bullet sponge enemy.

    submitted by /u/TooFatToMatt
    [link] [comments]

    So I noticed that at the end of speech given by President Kimball at Hoover Dam, he has hilarious dialogue.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:55 PM PST

    (Clapping) Thank you. Thank you.

    Okay, let's get the fuck out of here. What the hell are you waiting for? You think I want to get shot? Let's go!

    submitted by /u/Hope1820
    [link] [comments]

    A mod that turns synths into Mark Zuckerberg?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:35 PM PST

    That would be cool, I'm quite new to the series so I apologise if this is a stupid or obvious question.

    submitted by /u/FlyinSideboardPl
    [link] [comments]

    What is your worst jump scare that you ever had during your Fallout playthough?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:52 PM PST

    I have discovered a new reason to hate Bethesda that has nothing to do with Fallout 76 (Fallout 4 0 KB bug)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:06 PM PST

    I had been avoiding Creation Club because nothing really seemed interesting. But the GNR mission one seemed fun so I took the leap.

    I have now been introduced to the 0 KB bug. A bug that only affects PS4 players (since Bethesda hasn't shat on us enough) that will corrupt your ENTIRE Fallout 4 install, making you randomly unable to save if you install Creation Club content. In my ignorance I kept trying to delete old files and save, and because I was on survival I accidentally overwrote all my saves for a character I had 30 hours on, because even though I got a "Cannot save" message it STILL OVERWROTE THE OLD FUCKING AUTOSAVES.

    The only fix for this is apparently to uninstall and reinstall Fallout 4. But fuck it, if I uninstall it I'm not putting it back. It's not worth the time. I think with all the hubub about 76, it got swept under the rug that Bethesda added a PAID feature that BREAKS THEIR FUCKING GAME. I wish I had known.

    submitted by /u/sd51223
    [link] [comments]

    A question about cancer in the fallout universe.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 05:54 AM PST

    How rampant is cancer in the Fallout universe? You would expect cancer to be present in a lot of people but in most fallout games I never heard of anyone with cancer. Now I could be wrong but you would think a lot more people would have it or you could see it's effects.

    submitted by /u/caso_maso
    [link] [comments]

    As much as I dislike Bethesda as of recent, I can't help but bugged that the whole FNV Metacritic royalty sabotage myth persists

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 02:02 AM PST

    Ok, we all know the story but if you didn't know, ever since the release of New Vegas there has been a persistent rumor among the Fallout fanbase, specifically Bethesda skeptics and Youtube game critics, that Bethesda screwed over Obsidian after they promised them extra royalties if FNV reached an 85 Metacritic score. Obsidian only hit an 84 on the PC release and an 82 on console releases. The result being that that loss of income partially resulted in dozens of Obsidian staff being laid off. Coupled with the short 18 month development time, it really seems like Bethesda screwed over a smaller developer that produced a game arguably much better in dialogue and features than their own Fallout 3.

    However, in my quests to learn more about New Vegas' cut content, I found tweets and interviews of Chris Avellone (and to a lesser extent Josh Sawyer) telling a different point of view about this whole affair. Initially it was a Tweet of Avellone saying something along the lines of "The layoffs could've been prevented if management didn't focus on shit like Bullet Benches and Caravan but instead used those programmers for bug fixes in the last months." That Tweet I unfortunately can't find anymore, but I did find other Tweets which point in that same direction such as this. After that I remember watching a Gamespot (?) interview with Josh Sawyer that said the initial contract had no royalties to speak of and that Bethesda "threw them a bone" and that they knew they only had 18 months of time from the beginning, meaning the onus is on them. Then I found this Avellone interview.

    Bethesda Softworks had offered Obsidian Entertainment a bonus if Fallout: New Vegas achieved an 85 Metacritic score. It achieved an 84 score. A user asked whether there was any manipulation of the score on Bethesda's part.

    Sunday, May 6, 3:17 AM: "I don't believe they did at all - it was our responsibility to do more to make the game better, but the people making the decisions on game quality kept getting distracted by shiny objects. It was Obsidian's fault, and as Ferg said, Bethesda didn't even have to offer that in the contract at all - it was up to us to manage it to a successful quality completion, and we didn't succeed at that. Good people lost their jobs because of that. I gave a lot of thought as to why, and some of it came out in my Hierarchy presentations - don't let the person who can enact change be distracted. Let them use their powers for good to fix the title, because they have the authority to ensure quality is achieved."

    Avellone had been the one to first bring up the Metacritic score episode a few years ago. A user pointed out that there are conflicts between his position then and his position now.

    Sunday, May 6, 12:52 PM: "It is widely believed that when that statement was revealed, that it was blaming Bethesda. It wasn't, it was recognizing we as a studio should have done better - and even a little bit better (1%) could have had huge benefits (and we could have kept people we had to let go). My feelings then are the same as my feelings now, and I stand by that. It's an unpopular stance (the anti-underdog stance usually is compared to the underdog needs a little more training montage moments), but I believe it's the correct one. Bethesda was trying to encourage us to do a quality job, they didn't have to, and we missed the mark - but within the realm where it was clear we could have fixed it. I wrote post-mortems as reminders and plans to myself about how we could fix this in the future (clear hierarchy, keep the people who can make the decisions focused on reviewing the content and enacting change and finding bugs vs. adding more features/getting lost in the weeds, etc.)."

    As much as I personally dislike Bethesda for floundering two games in a beloved franchise of mine and how there are many things one can criticize them for, I can't help but be really bothered that the fanbase and many Youtube gaming personalities fuel the hate train using a blatantly false premise that is at best negligent, and at worst an unfair business deal by Bethesda that Obsidian consented to. After getting recommended for the umpteenth time another Youtube rant about Bethesda, I felt I had to post this, as it especially irks me that Youtubers continue to use this point to stir stuff up and make money. It paints Bethesda as if they maliciously intended to sabotage Obsidian just because "the game would've made them and Fallout 3 look worse" when that would be an absurd premise and the situation is a lot more gray than that.

    submitted by /u/endooz
    [link] [comments]

    Comparison video showing vanilla New Vegas vs a modded install

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 05:40 AM PST

    Hello everyone! I've recently finished a little side project that compares some shots of a vanilla New Vegas install vs a pretty heavily modded install I've been working on. Here is a link. This was mostly just a video I used to learn a new editing program, but I feel it does well enough to represent just how close you can get to a remastered+ version of New Vegas from home!

    submitted by /u/Aldog31
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 is not that bad of a game

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:34 PM PST

    Hear me out. Fallout 4 had bad aspects yes, but fallout 4 also introduced many great things that changed the franchise. For example in depth crafting and building settlements. Just cause it's not the same as other franchise games dosent make it bad. Ofc this is all just my opinion. Not to mention the story wasn't awful either.

    submitted by /u/shawnmichaud
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else wants a Fallout 1 and 2 remake so bad?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 03:18 AM PST

    After the huge disappointment that 76 was (and 4 as well, to many fans), this idea has been around my head for months. Just think about it, the script is already written, you would "just" (understand me, I know it's not easy but it's not starting from scratch either) need to copy everything on the new engine, voice the characters and adapt a few things to the new generation (quest markers, a music radio station...).

    My main concern would be the emptiness of the map, but even that could be fixed by a) adding a few new locations (raider camps, farms...) and/or a settlement system and b) making certain areas particularly hard, kind of like Stalker, make it feel like an unforgiving post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland. Imagine entering the Glow with your modified power armor and getting jumped by hordes of ghouls, recreating the Adytum battle or storming the Enclave military base in Fallout 2. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Pax19
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here still remembers Survivor 2299?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    I was randomly browsing YouTube just now and came across this song. I thought it sounded oddly... familiar? Then it hit me - it was the song used in The Propheteer, one of the hoax sites (which was debunked quite fast, mind you) that went up during the S2299 craze.

    The disappointment was real, but I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the most fun internet experiences I was ever was part of.

    A single site with a countdown managed to rile up 50k Fallout fans spending a whole month speculating, deciphering morse code like crazy and bugging Pete Hines' Twitter on a daily basis. Met some wonderful people along the way, I even had a forum post on Brazil's former biggest gaming board (RIP Forum UOL Jogos, you will be missed) translating every new update and theory.

    It's been 5? 6 years already? Good memories, good memories...

    Cheers to all you bastards who also participated on it if you're still out there.

    submitted by /u/giulianosse
    [link] [comments]

    I always want to talk about Fallout 2, Temple Of Trials.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:17 PM PST

    I mean, the game is gold, but what a horrible way to get you started. Imagine you got introduced to Fallout games with Fallout 2, would that mandatory trial give you a wrong perspective on the game?

    My thoughts, or more of a rant really. https://youtu.be/W-_U3_U0pdg

    submitted by /u/maxtsarkov
    [link] [comments]

    Living in Boston has given me a newfound appreciation for Fallout 4.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:17 PM PST

    Seeing all of the equivalents of these locations that I know from Fallout in real life is so cool! I've been to Diamond City (Fenway), Swan's Pond/the Common, and all these interesting places has really brought back my appreciation for the game. Having recently moved, it's cool to have a decent idea of what the city is like based on a game.

    submitted by /u/Stylisthicc
    [link] [comments]

    How similar is Wendigofication to Ghoulification?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 12:37 AM PST

    Since 76 is set so close to the day the bombs drop, some of the questions I have about Wendigos aren't really answered in the lore as far so I was hoping you guys have some answers for me beyond my own investigation:

    1) Since they both becoming a Ghoul and becoming a Wendigo have to do with absorbing large amounts of radiation, are the two processes similar? And if so, what does that mean? Anecdotally, Wendigos appear a lot in places where there are a lot of ghouls (Fort Defiance, Garrahan Mining HQ) but it doesn't ever attack them.

    2) Are Wendigos, if they are like their Ghoul "cousins", functionally immortal? The progenitor Wendigo, Morris Stevens, turns sometime before 2096 (when the Scorchbeasts wipe out every living thing in Appalachia). Given the history of the raiders in Appalachia, we know they were high society folks in the ski resorts of WV. From the holotapes at Bolton Greens, we can assume he wasn't a young man when the bombs dropped, but let's give the benefit of the doubt and say early forties. 50 years after the bombs dropped would make him in his nineties when he is finally killed by the player in 2102.

    3) Are they on some level non-feral? Morris Stevens leaves a holotape in the Wendigo Cave after he kills Edie, but it's not clear whether or not he's gone full Wendigo at this point. If they are on some level sentient, does that mean we will see "intelligent" Wendigos like we do with Ghouls? A Wendigo that is motivated by hunger like feral ghouls, but is fully cognizant of his actions and reacts to player strategies. Sidenote - the fact that Wendigos in the Mire hide up in trees by major roads to ambush travelers lends credence to the "all Wendigos are sentient" theory.

    4) Does the presence of a Wendigo Colossus in Wastelanders mean that the Wendigofication process is somehow related to FEV? The concept art makes the thing look like multiple Wendigos fused together, and the only thing we know can do that is FEV (think Centaurs). While this is unlikely, Huntersville *IS* in the Savage Divide and is not extraordinarily far from the Wendigo Cave...

    submitted by /u/MrPoliSciGuy
    [link] [comments]

    What stops someone (before the war) from taking all of the Nuka-Colas in a Nuka-Cola vending machine?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:52 PM PST

    theres a coin slot that opens the Nuka-Cola chamber, and then you have access to the machines entire stock of Nuka-Cola? How did Nuka-Cola not think through this design?

    submitted by /u/w_oos_y
    [link] [comments]

    What are the things YOU want in the next Fallout game?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:16 PM PST

    It's always bothered me how much people complain about the LAER and Elijah's advanced LAER's durability.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:46 PM PST

    Durability is so easy to manage with jury rigging. Having one of the strongest weapons in the game being able to be repaired by any laser rifle or plasma rifle makes it a non-issue. That's not even including Ed-E, Raul and repair kits.

    It makes no sense to me why people complain about durability in New Vegas.

    submitted by /u/SlinGnBulletS
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 stutters despite having a good PC and very few mods

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 01:34 AM PST

    Hello there, my game was playable without problems but since a few days it stutters (not really lags, but it looks a bit "jumpy" and sudden), I haven't changed anything so idk what to do. Is there a way to clean the game similar like CCleaner with PC's, or is there something else I can do? Windowed mode only worsens everything, Vsync barely helps.

    submitted by /u/3izen
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 into the stars bug.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:03 PM PST

    So I got the ufo working but when I get in and start the ship nothing happens. It just keeps spinning forever does anyone know a fix?

    submitted by /u/matthewbeckman
    [link] [comments]

    "Fallout in Brazil" playlist + fan art

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:21 PM PST

    As a brazilian long-time fan of the franchise, I often think about how would a "Fallout in Brazil" game/story look - and sound - like. So I started playing around with this concept.

    Here is a Fallout + Carmem Miranda fan art I made: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/023/533/362/large/victor-maristane-chicaboom-fallout-logo-web.jpg

    And here is a "Fallout in Brazil" playlist, available on Spotify, Deezer and Youtube!
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0gz1JkqD4csdAuQiWKyRLa
    https://www.deezer.com/playlist/6912288024
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0346Pjj8xnU&list=PLic0zjmhqqbJLmOfj9ECmNwr6sXRkGACQ

    What do you guys think about this "'Fallout' but in other countries" path? I always though it would be awesome if something like this started being explored cannonically in the games.

    See my other works at:
    instagram.com/victormaristane
    facebook.com/maristane.art
    maristane.arstation.com
    maristane.deviantart.com

    submitted by /u/VictorMaristane
    [link] [comments]

    Kipo and The Age of the Strangebeasts similarities

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 04:00 AM PST

    Warning: Spoilers for Kipo and Fallout 1. I'll spoiler-tag anything that isn't revealed in the first episode (which I feel like is fair game when describing a show)

    So I just watched all of Kipo and it is absolutely fantastic. It's a cartoon (Y7 but obviously written for all ages, kind of like Adventure Time and She-Ra) set in a post-apocalypse world 200 years in the future with bizarre mutants. It's got more in common with Fallout than just that though, it's not anywhere near a rip-off or anything but it's clear that at least one person involved in it was inspired by Fallout 1.

    -The whole show starts with a brief glimpse of a pre-apocolypse city, then shows the destruction. The main character is unceremoniously dumped onto the surface, wearing a blue jumpsuit, after living her entire life in an underground bunker. She's momentarily blinded by the sunlight.

    -All of the humans are being pursued by a semi-organized group of green mutants who want to find a whole bunker of humans to use them to create an army.

    -The main character picks up a carton of milk that expired Oct 23rd (this was the most obvious nod to Fallout I saw)

    It's definitely not exactly like Fallout, or even all that close, but it was definitely something I enjoyed for a lot of the same reasons I like Fallout. I was wondering if anyone else picked up on any more similarities between the two.

    submitted by /u/UploadMeDaddy
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 2 Restoration Project

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:57 PM PST

    So I want to get this mod, but I don't know where to safely get it and I have heard it can screw with the colors in the game and cause weird glitches. Is it worth getting and what exactly does it do, for instance is it similar to fallout fixt for fallout 1?

    submitted by /u/TheManaScribe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment