• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 18, 2020

    Fallout | Fuck the port-a-diner

    Fallout | Fuck the port-a-diner


    Fuck the port-a-diner

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:48 PM PST

    peice of garbage. I've been in this hospital for damn ages pressing this stupid button trying to get a dumb peice of pie. Who is responsible for the creation of this evil piece of garbage? And I can't just leave the pie here. Damn it! Is there anyway I can get it without sitting here for hours? EDIT: I GOT IT I FUCKING GOT IT OH MY GOD

    submitted by /u/crackly_b0i
    [link] [comments]

    I drew my girlfriend and I are vault dwellers!

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:06 AM PST

    I kinda just gave up on the background and by the time I was making the text it was 1 in the morning, so it's not the greatest lol. https://imgur.com/gallery/SgZjYXW

    submitted by /u/yerboiboba
    [link] [comments]

    Vault 81 may want to double check their radiation scanners

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:04 PM PST

    No signs of radiation. None whatsoever. https://imgur.com/a/povakc0

    submitted by /u/Jaruut
    [link] [comments]

    So I was collecting stuff in Vault 75 when I saw this. Made the hairs on my arms stand up.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:05 AM PST

    Easy Pete is underrated

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:03 PM PST

    When I was a kid first playing the game I didnt really understand it just starting out. I finished the tutorial and was talking to him and walked away from the game. My step brother started shooting him and did an overwrite on my save. I came back not knowing why Pete is shooting at me. I didnt wanna kill him I liked him and was confused. Tell me why this old man chased me all the way to the ncr outpost and killed me.

    submitted by /u/infidelinvades
    [link] [comments]

    A powerarmor, a deathclaw mountand a Fat Man All in one picture.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:14 PM PST

    I just finished this fanart, so I come to share it. I hope you like it.

    https://www.deviantart.com/rusembell/art/Commission-Epic-Deathclaw-827328488

    submitted by /u/Rusembell
    [link] [comments]

    Many a True Nerd does a naked, lvl 1 Point Lookout playthough

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

    It literally blows my mind. That is by far the hardest Fallout DLC I have played

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwhWDqr1N20

    submitted by /u/voltronforlife
    [link] [comments]

    Vault tech theme bus seats.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:49 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/Z6ZbDgD

    It's uncanny really 😮

    submitted by /u/Gunbunny42
    [link] [comments]

    Cool roleplay idea for 4

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:07 AM PST

    Since your backstory in 4 is determined at the start of the game, I thought I'd use this to my advantage and create an idea for roleplaying with. As the SS exits the vault, he/she is shocked at the state of the world, slowly becoming more traumatised mad depressed over the state of the world as the story progresses. He follows Preston to diamond city and works his way through to Kellogg and potentially even meets all of the factions.

    However, during all of this, the SS's mental state declines and eventually as a result of the trauma and stress if seeing the old world destroyed, he/she snaps and begins wandering the wastes, murdering everything and everyone on sight, until there is nothing left, only then can the SS be satisfied and roam the wastes without the fear of what other people have done to the world. His/her world.

    submitted by /u/BlazedOnADragon
    [link] [comments]

    Power Armor discussion

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:48 PM PST

    So I am making a working suit of power armor. Currently, it has a working drill arm, a locking hydraulic system, a helmet that has headlights as well as some camera options and a removable air filter mask, and the body is just thin sheet metal. The arms use leather straps at the bends. Right now I'm torn between a hydraulic clamp and an electrical probe for my left hand, but I've made both and they are modular. Just made a rod on my back that can shoot off molten metal sparks when spun like a propeller. It's all for show, of course, but the more I work on it, the more practical each piece becomes. I now have a car Jack attached to my right "shin", for example, and I can lock the hydraulics to make it look like I'm holding the car up. I'm elevated on two pickle buckets to look larger and to accommodate things better.

    Again, all show for now, as I haven't gotten a decent cooling system or a good way to get in or get out quickly.

    The purpose of this post is this... If power armor ever becomes somewhat common, do you think it will be made by people in their garages like mine when some tech comes out that makes it practical? Or do you think it will be Mass produced?

    I'm looking at options to add wheels to a frame, for example and just cover it with plates. Wearable vehicle kinda thing.. I imagine that will be the first industry. Then yard work, as I use my legs and a few electric tools for mine with no body needed (faster than moving a ladder around to trim the bushes, and draws attention)... This could be a thing.

    I imagine it would be cool to see landscapers using pieced together scrap armor... What's the future hold?

    submitted by /u/Solember
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my bayonet have a rocket launcher attached to it?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 11:33 AM PST

    My thought on why Ulysses has to be so freakin oblique with his lecturers.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:50 PM PST

    Ok, this is probably going to be as incoherent as one of Ulysses's rants.

    So everyone who has encountered Lonesome Road(which is probably the vast majority of users here) knows that Ulysses can't speak clearly to save his life. He constantly twists his lectures all in knots with metaphors, similes, and just plain oblique wording. It makes it pretty difficult to understand what he's even talking about, which when you get down to it is pretty darn simple philosophy wrapped in complex wording. Basically my thought on why this is, which by the way isn't mutually exclusive with a lot of other hypotheses, is that he primarily is trying to convince himself that his and currier 6's actions have deep meanings and lessons. Ulysses has encountered the vast majority of the factions in the Mojave, analyzed them, and sometimes worked for or against them. He doesn't believe in any of their causes or philosophies, except for his original tribe's philosophy of everything having a lesson. Currier 6, however, can choose to believe in a faction, and even can convince Ulysses to abandon his insane plan if the currier has enough reputation with them. Hell, you can even convince him with pure speech skill if you don't have the faction reputation. All of this pretty heavily implies his lectures are actually meant for himself, and he's just using Currier 6 as a shield so he doesn't have to do some serious introspection. He won't make his lectures clear and concise because his philosophy is bullshit and he tries his best to avoid any actual introspection.

    submitted by /u/Nerdthenord
    [link] [comments]

    Need help getting 7.62 ammo

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:30 PM PST

    I need help getting 7.62 ammo in fallout 4. Please help

    submitted by /u/Panda_Player_
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] I think I fucked up in Fallout 4

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:08 PM PST

    So I went to the institute BEFORE TELLING THE RAILROAD DUDES ABOUT GOING THERE! I heard there was a good ending where all of the faction dudes are good eith each other and I think I screwed up with the Railroad. My loads wont go back to before the institute and I cant get out. Is there any way to fix it? I have not done the quest to bring the prototype to the one Doctor. Also please do not spoil anything for me as best you can. I already know about who the Father is tho, or at least what he says he is.

    submitted by /u/Chicken_Petter
    [link] [comments]

    Useful Junk in Fallout New Vegas?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:04 AM PST

    Starting a new playthrough & never really experimented with the games crafting system, is there any junk in paticular I should be on the lookout for & collect rather then leave it behind?

    submitted by /u/RyanWassermann1999
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone answer me a question about settlements and Marcy Long? (Fallout 4)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:00 AM PST

    So long story short, if I actually get Sanctuary to 100% happiness will she actually say something ya know...nice to you?

    I'm sure I could google this but I prefer to hear it from people! So if anyone who ever got 100% settlement happiness and talked to Marcy..was she still angry all the time or does she actually have 100% happiness dialogue?

    submitted by /u/victorcanfly
    [link] [comments]

    Is Fallout 76 still a dumpster fire?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:09 PM PST

    I preordered the game since day one of the announcement. Since the they did the beta test and I wasn't really excited for it once I saw how disgusting the game looks. But I downloaded it anyways despite the reviews. 15 mins later I had motion sickness from the photo blur from the game because it couldn't render 15 meters of my field of view. So I wanted to know the status of the game because I'm downloading it again... because I'm bored...

    submitted by /u/butterhunterM9
    [link] [comments]

    Diamond city radio

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:28 PM PST

    Heard a song I've never heard before. Been playing since FO4 came out and thought I heard everything on the radio.

    Maybe they've added new music without having to update the game or something?

    submitted by /u/Austinoooooo
    [link] [comments]

    S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stylized to look like the pip boy

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:48 PM PST

    Is there a way to heal dogmeat other than stimpaks?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:33 PM PST

    I just started my game not too long ago and dogmeat keeps almost dying then I die almost right after

    submitted by /u/noodleboy02
    [link] [comments]

    So does everybody play fallout 4 with a 60 FPS cap ?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:46 AM PST

    If I turn off v sync I get 120+FPS but game starts breaking everything is at super speed so I gotta play with the 60fps cap

    submitted by /u/Zarawte
    [link] [comments]

    The Vault Dweller is a synth, lemme explain why:

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:21 AM PST

    Reading up on the subject a lot of pro synth peeps seem to think that dogmeat or codsworth being institute creations is somehow important they're not, whether they're genuine articles of commonwealth after the war is irrelevant. With that lets get into the why you're a synth.

    First, everyone else in the vault is dead, every single cyro stasis failed on some level except yours? Unlikely. In Kellogg's memory you can see that everyone in your wing is very much alive. So between Shaun being stolen and you awakening from cyrosleep, everyone in at least your wing has died.

    Second, Kellogg refers to you as the back up. Whats to stop them from taking you while you slept and locking you away in the Institute all this time, replacing you with a synth and simply recreating the dethawing process when you awaken?

    Third, you grow much faster than any humans, think about it these are humans that from a very young age are exposed to the horrors of the wasteland. You were, supposedly, a human that grew up in relatively peaceful times. Yes if you play a male you were a veteran, but training and live combat over a few years is nothing like growing up and living in a literal war zone your entire world, having your parents, and their parents and even their parents also growing up in such a war zone (ie, the passed down combat knowledge from one generation to the next would result in a much higher than average combat acuity than a civilian/veteran). Despite this, not only do you outgrow these other humans and the commonwealth, you far exceed them in every capacity. To fine motor skills, knowledge, craftsmanship, combat and even sociological learning. You are quite literally a perfect human.

    Fourth, you kill a Courser, these are supposed to be the top of a line combat synths, trained in everything related to their missions, from combat to even psychology. Yet you, a human born in peaceful times, overpower them.

    Fifth, when Father reveals himself and that Shaun is merely a synth he mentions that they've just now begun to experiment extreme emotional situations on synths. He then mentions that he knows you are emotional and have undergone a lot.... So this applies to only the son and not the parent? I can't think of a more extreme emotional situation than to rampage across the commonwealth to avenge your lover and rescue your child, to then encounter said child, only to discover they're not your child and this old man actually is. For any normal human this would likely cause, at the very least hyperventilating etc. But you? You may be upset (or calm, given the options), but you suffer none of the effects a normal human would given the circumstances.

    Sixth, Father looks with disdain upon the Commonwealth residents. At this point, you've spent months maybe even years on the surface. You've made friends, comrades, heck even love maybe. You are as much a commonwealth resident as any of those on the surface, yet he makes an exception for you, why? Because you're their parent? Nonsense, he was raised by the institute such a parental bond would be meaningless.

    Seventh, Father expected you to kill Kellogg, and since a Courser chip would be the only way inside of the institute, a Courser as well. These aren't feats normal humans can do, even the railroad who has Glory a 3rd gen synth as a heavy, says their protocol is to run from Coursers. To expect a normal human to kill such individuals would be foolish.

    Eighth, you are told by the SRB that they will be watching you closely. Yet despite this you're able to quite freely and openly hack any terminal upload your message, scan the network, etc even go and grab Virgil's serum. They left all the evidence of what they're doing there, why? Why? Father wants you to join him, why leave evidence behind that would damage those chances? For Science! What is this synth going to do? Where will they go? What is their objective given everything they've gone through? They get to watch and learn.

    Ninth, why? Why go to such lengths? Because they've neared the perfections of their creation, they want to test what a synth would do if it was capable of doing anything and had an objective it would reach. How far would it go, will it give up, will it strive forward? How will it react when it learns the half-truth? Is our creation, a true replicate of human biology and psychology?

    Tenth and probably the most important aspect, the biggest hole in the wall is that when you first talk to Father he mentions the Institute is on the verge of important break-throughs. That he is not willing to risk it all, but you're supposedly a human. Bringing you into the Institute is a risk, letting you complete your secondary objectives is a risk, letting you leave is a risk. How did he convince his department heads that ALL of this risk was necessary? Because you are a snyth, this is a science experiment and of course, you have a kill code. Should you turn hostile, should the experiment fail one way or another, they can terminate it without any risk.

    So that brings us to the last point, if you are a synth and you have a kill code, why then if/when you betray the institute do they never use it? Because, Father in his old age began to ask many what ifs. What if he hadn't been stolen from his parents, what if the Institute had never meddled in Vault 111 and we (family) had awoken 600 years after the war, when everything was peaceful? What if he hadn't been robbed of knowing loving, caring parents. What if, I disable the kill switch? What if I leave it up to a perfect copy of my mother, to decide? Will she continue on our work, or will she exact her revenge and destroy everything they built and finally make them, us, me pay for our atrocities?

    Carrying on that point, what if you do join the Institute, why would the department heads ever follow a synth? Well, do you ever make any executive decisions, do you ever overtake responsibilities for running the Institute? No, you are given a superficial title, and then like all the other synths, you are sent out on missions that further the Institutes goals.

    submitted by /u/Careless_Negotiation
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment