• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 16, 2020

    Fallout 3 | Cards anyone?

    Fallout 3 | Cards anyone?


    Cards anyone?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:37 AM PST

    liberty prime At it’s finest

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:20 AM PST

    Today marks 11 years since I first played Fallout 3.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:08 AM PST

    At the time I mainly played fantasy games and I had zero interest in a dirty, ugly post-apocalyptic game, even though I loved the genre in movies. I rarely let salespeople influence me but the dude at the video game store went on and on about how great it was so I picked it up. I wish I could go back today and thank him.

    Looking back, it's hard to imagine a time when Fallout wasn't in my life. The Capital Wasteland, the Mojave, and the Commonwealth were all wonderful to explore and adventure in but it's the first that keeps calling me back. Three Dog is my favorite DJ from the series, partially because of his personality and partially because of how invested he was in the events of Fallout 3. The other DJs were merely observers but Three Dog was fighting the good fight!

    There are few moments in video games that have blown me away like first coming out of Vault 101. The view, the sounds, the feeling of awe. I remember being freaked out by everything and not figuring out the repair mechanic right away so I kept wondering why my weapons sucked so bad. I was playing on PS3 and I suck at shooters so when I would run out of AP for VATS I would just panic and shoot crazily at my opponents and die a lot. Fortunately, I had played Morrowind and Oblivion so I knew to save often.

    It's funny how before I bought the game I thought it was going to be ugly but now I see the Capital Wasteland as a place of rough beauty.

    Keep fighting the good fight folks, and I will too.

    submitted by /u/monolithtma
    [link] [comments]

    Black Screen when trying to launch

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:48 AM PST

    When I modded the game I followed GP's guide to the point, but when i try to launch the game, all I'm getting is a black screen and some music (not the main menu music) and also the cursor. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/x_frame
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment