• Breaking News

    Monday, December 23, 2019

    Fallout | Nicolas Cage in Fallout!

    Fallout | Nicolas Cage in Fallout!


    Nicolas Cage in Fallout!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:12 PM PST

    I made Nic Cage a while back in both FO4 and F76. Thought it would be cool to show him in action!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFwtbyM0wps

    submitted by /u/The_Fassbender
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny surface bug

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:42 AM PST

    I've recently been playing fallout 4 again and I've come across a bug that makes shiny objects in the game grey. I've tried everything I could to get rid of it but no matter what I still get this bug. I'm on Xbox so if anyone knows a fix please let me know.

    Edit: I don't think there is a solution to this problem at least on Xbox but thanks for all the help. I'm just gonna invest in a PC at this point instead of wasting time trying to solve this.

    Edit 2: I think I found a temporary fix to this issue. If you reset your Xbox the bug doesn't occur for awhile. Hopefully Bethesda can fix this but then again they don't really care about Fallout that much so it's highly unlikely. Thank you all for helping me trying to find a solution.

    submitted by /u/Albinopolarbear327
    [link] [comments]

    'A vacation that refreshes, a trip you won't forget. A park with every minimum acceptable safety standard met!'

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:47 PM PST

    Why doesn't other areas in fallout's America have more modern buildings, guns and clothing

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:58 PM PST

    So I watched a video about Fallout 2 and I saw the Desert Eagle. A gun made in the 1980s. Why doesn't other fallout games have weapons that don't look like they're from the 1950s. Buildings in Boston as an example. Sanctuary Hills looks extremmely 1950s. Why can't it looks more modern? Clothing should look more modern aswell and why use combat armor instead of tactical vests? Combat armor is clunky and heavy but vests are light and isn't clunky. 

    My question is why doesn't Fallout's civilizations modernize more? I know that's what people in the 1950s would think that's what the future would look like but wouldn't they modernize like what we did?

    submitted by /u/Falloutfan2287
    [link] [comments]

    What fallout 4 DLC should I get?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:43 AM PST

    I'm thinking of getting a DLC for Fallout 4 but what should I get? I already have the Automatron and the Vault Tec Workshop.

    submitted by /u/SneakyAssassin98
    [link] [comments]

    One of the official creation club downloads actually breaks pre-combined meshes in the area it takes place if you also have the nuka world DLC. You know, the creation club, who's benefits include "fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons."

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 02:53 AM PST

    " Creation Club is a collection of all-new content for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim. It features new items, abilities, and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners including the best community creators. Creation Club content is fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons. "

    10/10 curation.

    Thought this was hilarious . Zetan weapons by the way. Also, "compatible" even when working correctly, apparently doesn't mean it works alongside the official DLC. It just means it doesn't make your game crash.

    If I sold a tire and said it was compatible with your car, it seems a bit misleading when what I really mean is that you can simply fit the tire inside your car. Can't remember the last time I downloaded a mod and went "darn, it's not compatible with this official DLC".

    submitted by /u/TheSandyChicken
    [link] [comments]

    A guide to those new to /r/Fallout or Fallout in general

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 11:43 PM PST

    I figured I would type this up because I have been browsing and contributing to this subreddit consistently for a couple years and whenever the Fallout games go on sale there are often numerous posts with basically the same thing over and over. This obviously isn't complete and things like the sidebar and /r/Fallout's wiki should also be consulted. If anyone has recommendations for things I should add feel free to let me know.


    I am having troubles running Fallout 3 on my PC can I get some help?

    Bethesda has a page titled What do I do if I am having a problem running Fallout 3 on Windows 10? that goes over basic troubleshooting steps like checking if your system meets the minimum requirements, checking to see if your display settings are correct, running the .exe file as administrator, and running it in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

    If you are getting a Windows Live related error you can install Games for Windows Live or arguably the better method of installing a Games for Windows Live Disabler mod from NexusMods. The most popular can be found here it appears pretty straight forward with a rather nice UI the other option is a newer mod where you just move the .dll file into the folder that has your Fallout 3 .exe files you can find it here though it does require installing FOSE which is done in a similar way to the previously mentioned mod and includes a text file with more information if you get lost.

    You can also tweak the .ini files in the games folder if you are still running into issues specifically after the post-intro movie. In Fallout.ini find bUseThreadedAI=0 and change it to bUseThreadedAI=1 following this line add iNumHWThreads=2. Youtuber LowSpecGamer made a video detailing how to make further tweaks to improve performance though he does go to the extremes at the end with buildings pinging into existence in front of him and removing the sun.

    There are many mods available to help with performance such as Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch, Fallout Stutter Remover, Tweakin It Out, Low Res Textures, and many others. Depending on the mod they will likely give you install instructions. For mod managers Vortex and FOMM are both good options.

    The GOG version and running the game on Linux with Proton are both also good options but hopefully you won't have to result to either

    What is the world outside of the United States like?

    Check out this post I made detailing the Fallout world as we know it from Australia to Yugoslavia

    Where should the next Fallout game take place?

    /u/MarcelusWalrus made a post three years ago containing an interactive map of the United States according to what we know in the lore both canon and non-canon (see the Fallout Fandom page for more information on what is and is not considered canon). It should be noted that these maps don't appear to have been updated since the release of Fallout 76.

    What about New York? Isn't it just a crater?

    This is a myth that largely seems to come from the Fallout Bible's "Hot Summer" of 2065 when a nuclear reactor struggling to deal with a population of 17 million went super critical for around five minutes it is important to note there was no explosion. We know it was targeted by nuclear strikes from the Civil Alert System Broadcast from Fallout 4 but it references New York in the same way as Washington DC and Boston. We know both of the previously mentioned locations are not just craters.

    Is there any information about Fallout outside the games? / Where can I learn more about Fallout?

    There are two available comics One Man, and a Crate of Puppets and Fallout New Vegas All Roads. Information can also be found in manuals with the most noteworthy being the Vault Dweller's Memoirs. If you are interested in cancelled materials or just the lore in general the Wiki's are the best places to find more information though there are good sources elsewhere (it is good practice to read the source the Wiki is using) for example you can find more information about the Fallout film treatment here. For example Youtuber Retconn Raider did a series going over information we had on Van Buren and Oxhorn has made numerous videos exploring the lore of the Fallout universe. People like Mitten Squad and Senza do Fallout challenge videos. tomatoanus frequently performs Fallout speed runs where he explains his strategies. This is in no way a complete list so individuals interested should go out and explore as there is plenty of material out there. The folks at /r/FalloutLore are also great if you have any questions regarding the lore I would recommend reading the top section

    I am looking to sell something in Fallout 76/Does anyone want to help me with this quest in Fallout 76?

    There are other subreddits dedicated to Fallout 76 like /r/FO76 where you will likely find help more easily. Attempting to buy and sell items is complicated due to marketplaces frequently spamming subreddits like /r/Fallout (breaking rule 5 which is about self promotion) and /r/FO76 (trading posts are banned under rule 10). Players run the risk of losing their item or money so it should be done upon your own discretion

    I think (Fallout Title) is the best title and better than (Other Fallout Title)

    Cool everyone is welcome to their own opinions. Keep in mind people will likely feel differently. Some people that like the classic Fallout games don't like the new 3D world games and some people like Fallout 76. This may seem like a silly point to add but a loud minority of this community loves to argue so I feel like it should be here because the "Fallout 76 bad" and "New Vegas good" low-effort posts can really start to clutter the new section of this subreddit.

    Where is the Pip-Boy app for Fallout 4?

    Bethesda removed the application due to incompatibilities with current requirements that being said you can download the .apk file on Android and install it that way.

    I am looking for help making a mod

    Checkout /r/FalloutMods

    How would you feel about a remake?

    As for Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 the source code was lost. Though there have been attempts to remake the game in Fallout New Vegas by modders that stopped as of November 2019 (they have released all that they had accomplished). There are ways to get the early Fallout titles to work on mobile devices with DOSBox but it is very buggy. Fallout 2 is being remade by a modder as well and the project is called The Chosen's Way. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are both being ported to Fallout 4's engine by modders. If you would like to read more about fan interest in a remake a rumour was spread before E3 2019 where people believed Fallout 3 was going to be remastered you can read more in a GamesRadar article here

    Why can I only post text-posts?

    I think /u/Butterflylvr1 explains it best in their comment you can find here. If you do want to post a meme or photo though there is /r/FalloutMemes and individual subreddits like /r/FO3 for example allow images.

    submitted by /u/TheAmazingJuicyBeast
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1 censored on steam?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:45 PM PST

    Hey guys I saw fallout 1,2 and tactics is on sale on steam and I was gonna buy them but it says they're censored in the reviews? Is this true cause I searched it up on here and I got answers varying from yes it is download a patch to no it isn't just play. Is there a definitive answer?

    submitted by /u/YouDidNothingWrong
    [link] [comments]

    Need help Fallout 4 too hard for me

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:03 PM PST

    I'm at level 11 and went to clear the castle...I couldn't get past the queen. On the way there, I was killed a bunch of times as well.

    Am I moving too fast? Should I do more side quests and explore to get better weapons and perks? I feel like I'm a bit weak right now and I can't seem to make it very far anywhere I go.

    What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/sammyaxelrod
    [link] [comments]

    CC content has broken my game!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:29 PM PST

    So I downloaded a bunch of cc content for fallout 4 (ps4) and decided to delete my old saves and start a new game and now codsworth is frozen in his spot in front of the blue house for the quest Out of time and he will not move or open dialogue to begin searching the neighborhood. I heard you could kill all the bugs before talking to him and it would open an option to say "i already searched" thus, jumping past the process where he gets frozen. But i have run around everywhere and reloaded from the vault several times and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/TheElderRealm
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get back into Fallout?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 11:09 AM PST

    I'm a fan of fallout but I feel like of lost touch with it, I used to play the games quite frequently but I don't think I've touched one in over 6 months and even when I try to play one of them my mind flashes back to an annoying tedious moment and I'm put off the hame, I want to re-spark my love for the series but I think it's a lost cause due to my religious playing of them and the fatigue from that, any advice on how to get back into one of my favourite franchises?

    submitted by /u/BreadRoll22
    [link] [comments]

    Was Gorski on to something?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:03 PM PST

    Playing my second play through and came across Gorski's cabin. I've always thought that there might be a hidden government bunker around his cabin. I know he didn't trust the power lines but it wouldn't surprise me if he had a bunker near him. Haha!

    submitted by /u/soopsammich
    [link] [comments]

    What are your thoughts on the Dead Money DLC?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:18 PM PST

    I thought it was pretty frustrating having to deal with enemies that are hard to kill, lack of weapons and ammo, traps. hologram laser enemies and not to mention the collar which is a total nightmare.

    Overall it was a different but I got to admit it was a fun experience

    submitted by /u/NY-Cheesecake
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone explain me how the supply lines work

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:17 AM PST

    It’s Christmas Captain!!!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 11:42 AM PST

    If you've played through the Last Voyage of the USS Constitution, and ask Captain Ironsides what year it is in the in game day of Christmas, he says something I've never heard no other character do. Not sure if someone else has seen this Easter egg, but I haven't seen it on any other forum, so might as well share it

    submitted by /u/LiLShrekOnTheStreet
    [link] [comments]

    The song is describing it

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:27 AM PST

    I was listening to "in the shadow of the valley" and most of the lyrics describe hidden valley. It said "in the shadow of the valley I would like settle down" The brotherhood of steel settled down there it also said "wind on my face" whenever it's night wind would start blowing. I hope I didn't sound dumb

    submitted by /u/le-epic-gamer99
    [link] [comments]

    War Paint DL Quest...ion

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:17 PM PST

    So I finished the game and all DLCs on xbone. I played straight survival, no mods other than creation club add ons. I was excited to do some new quests.

    My question is:

    How do you finish the quest if Captain Mercer spawns underground and he has the flag?

    See the vid below. I spent an hour thinking there was a basement. Then I went online to see how others completed it and was like... Dang! I am not starting over at level 132 survival. F that.

    warpaint_quest_oops

    submitted by /u/TitaniumVape22
    [link] [comments]

    Who is more notorious enclave,ceaser legion, or institute

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:18 PM PST

    Which group do you think is more evil

    submitted by /u/eggward_duh_merchant
    [link] [comments]

    Can you run in Fallout 3?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:50 PM PST

    Fallout 3 was on sale on Steam for dirt cheap so I bought it and I'm playing with my ps4 controller. Anyway, I was wondering if you are able to run? I'm not sure if the controller is 100% supported or not, so maybe it doesn't have the feature to run but the keyboard does?

    Edit: Thank you all for the super fast replies. Faster than I am going to be in this game since running isn't a thing. But fortunately I'm already in love with this game!

    submitted by /u/droppin_croissants
    [link] [comments]

    Will Bethesda ever add the Ranger Armor Outfit to the Creation Club for Fallout 4. I play on the PS4

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:02 PM PST

    [Discussion] I just heard there’s a new bug out where people can steal your whole inventory if you so close to them.. has anyone encountered this bug yet? I hope not

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:26 PM PST

    In fallout 76

    submitted by /u/ghesson
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment