• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 13, 2019

    Fallout | Ulysses is running a 10 Charisma but 5 Speech build

    Fallout | Ulysses is running a 10 Charisma but 5 Speech build


    Ulysses is running a 10 Charisma but 5 Speech build

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 01:20 AM PST

    I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about, but it would sound SO convincing if I understood it.

    submitted by /u/Bigsassyblackwoman
    [link] [comments]

    I love Toaster so fucking much.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 02:08 PM PST

    A Fallout game in Canada, could this ever work?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 02:39 PM PST

    I have seen this idea talked about multiple times. Personally, I would love to help Canadian Resistance fighters push back the Enclave in an Irradiated Toronto going through a Nuclear Winter, with two-headed Polar bears, and glowing Moose walking around.

    Hell, in REAL Toronto, there is a man who built a huge underground shelter near the borders of the city in case of a Nuclear bomb hits Toronto, it's called "ARK 2" I think.

    Vault-Tec Vaults, Nuka Cola, and guns would also be commonplace, as America would be forcing they hippies of my Country to 'American-ify'

    So, by one lone Canadian, I would love to see this happen. What about you?

    submitted by /u/RealJakeSpacePirate
    [link] [comments]

    Cray how obsidian made new Vegas in just 18 months

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:38 AM PST

    Meanwhile Bethesda had like 4 years and I'm still not over how bad nuka world was

    submitted by /u/fnvftwboi_
    [link] [comments]

    Currently discovering how refreshing a survival play through is (FO4)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:37 AM PST

    Let me start with this: I've played the shit out of this game series. I've never played 1 and 2 cause I game on console not pc, but I played out every end game choice in 3 and NV, almost all the end game choices in 4, played all the DLC, became a walking raid boss in each game and ransacked the map twice over each time.

    I've never bothered to do a survival campaign. When I was younger it just seemed like too much of a hassle to worry about little things like ammo weight.

    But I'm 5 hours into a survival play through on 4 and oh man, I've never been more immersed into a Fallout game in my life. Every little detail makes such a difference, from waking up still tired from a dirty mattress in a raider compound, to hoarding bottles for clean water, to hunting down rad stag cause I'm hungry af and having to strategically plan my travel routes to maximize quest completion/salvage runs... I'm in love.

    Just a few minutes ago I had to run away from a house I was looting cause a Yao Guai showed up and I'm not prepared to risk losing almost an hour of gameplay over that. Then I heard gunfire in the distance, so I followed it to the Flight 1982 wreck where Raiders and Scavengers were havin it out. I watched them through the scope of my hunting rifle, perched behind a rock until it was down to the last Raider alive, sniped him on the spot and looted the whole place. It was a roller coaster of events that felt all the more real as I'm sitting there tired, thirsty and hungry hoping for a good find for my trouble.

    When I finally make my way down to Diamond City I'll probably be so happy to get there that I'll crack a cold beer in real life and sleep a straight 8 hours in my own bed.

    submitted by /u/JormungandrVoV
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting workout used in FO3 to make the train - it's actually an NPC with a hat. Any other examples?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 01:24 PM PST

    So I just recently came across this old (pre FO4) article and it shares a funny workaround the devs used to make a train in FO3.

    https://www.geek.com/games/a-train-you-ride-in-fallout-3-is-actually-an-npc-wearing-a-train-hat-1628532/

    It turns out it was easier to make the train car a piece of head armor and slap it onto an NPC than it was to make a working vehicle. The NPC (with train hat) can be spawned wherever it needs to be. All you see is the train car on the tracks, but under the surface is a person with a train on her head.

    The game engine was so limited that making a train with the player in it was impossible. This workaround seems to have been effective, I don't think anyone noticed anything without dissecting the game files. What's even more interesting (it's in the article) is that when you board the train, you are equipped with a helmet that somehow simulates the experience of being in a moving train instead of actually being in a moving train.

    Another example (from TES, no Fallout) was when a statue of the player is erected in Cyrodil (Oblivion), it's actually an NPC clone of the player with a grey texture that can be resurrected via console commands.

    Anyone have other examples of creative workaraounds within Bethesda's game engine? Any from FO4? There is a train sequence in the Nukaworld DLC, was wondering if they did something similar or if they actually managed to code in a moving train.

    submitted by /u/DookieSpeak
    [link] [comments]

    Bethesda responds to players being banned for reporting bugs

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:29 PM PST

    https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/dvfup2/players_are_not_banned_for_reporting_issues_andor/

    We've been seeing rumors flying around about the notion that players who report issues are banned. We want to assure you this is without a doubt NOT true. Players are absolutely encouraged to report issues, especially through a Customer Support ticket so we can better track it. Reported issues are critical in helping us find and fix the things you are seeing, whether that's a minor bug to a problematic exploit. We are so grateful to those that take the time to point these out and let us know about them. We would NEVER ban a player for reporting issues or exploits.

    There have been cases where players have used third-party software to take advantage of an exploit usually in excess of hundreds of times. In cases where this has happened, this is a violation of our Terms of Service and in those cases the accounts are actioned. If you find an exploit, you should absolutely report it to us but do not continue use of it.

    We are actively issuing suspensions and bans to players confirmed to be hacking and cheating in Nuclear Winter while we work on a fix to address some of the most common exploits and cheats. Please continue to send us any information regarding players you suspect of hacking so that we may investigate these accounts. Providing videos and usernames is extremely helpful!

    We can't stress enough how much we appreciate receiving reports so that we can investigate and fix issues you're letting us know about. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/DookieSpeak
    [link] [comments]

    Any must have mods for Fallout New Vegas?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 03:24 AM PST

    Originally played FNV on PS, finally have a nice PC to enjoy FNV's full potential with mods. Any suggested mods that don't break the game but enhance the experience?

    submitted by /u/CR9MCF
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods / fan projects to try and remake Fallout 1 and 2 in the current engines?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:10 PM PST

    I only ask cuz I know Skyrim has all those fan projects trying to build all the old games in the current engine.

    submitted by /u/PunkThug
    [link] [comments]

    My Fallout Crew (Fallout Factions Fanart)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:06 PM PST

    A while ago (I mean like, towards the start of my time on DA), I drew my group of friends as Fallout factions. With the expansion of my crew I figured it'd be a good idea to expand the roster a bit (I'm not drawing them all, I don't have that kind of time). So I hope you guys enjoy!

    Post: https://www.deviantart.com/mikes-sketchitorium/art/The-New-Crew-820128210?ga_submit_new=10%3A1573617829

    Original: https://www.deviantart.com/mikes-sketchitorium/art/My-fallout-Team-756022023

    submitted by /u/Mikes-Sketchitorium
    [link] [comments]

    Is fallout 3 and New vegas available for ps4?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 12:23 AM PST

    Ps4 Nuka world glitch - cant finish the "Clear interior Enemies" in the world of refreshment.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 12:17 AM PST

    So I was doing the nuka world DLC for like the 3rd time, and this is the first time this glitch has occurred, so what happened was I went into the world of refreshment (the bottling plant) and started shooting the enemies, eventually I killed all the enemies in the building (ive checked every single spot, even did wall glitches to get behind the locked doors and all) and there is not ONE SINGLE enemy left.

    Potential causes:
    I did the exterior (mirelurk queen) before the interior
    And while doing that some of the enemies followed me inside, although I killed them all.

    Some fixes I saw (that didnt work):
    Using console commands: problem is, im on PS4
    Leaving the building and re-entering: Didn't work, did it multiple times
    Going to commonwealth and back to nuka-world: Also didnt work, also did it multiple times

    I'm getting really stressed about this because I love this DLC and I don't want a stupid fucking bug to block my enjoyment.

    Anyone know some fixes that'd work on ps4? Thanks

    Have a nice day

    submitted by /u/FlizzzYT
    [link] [comments]

    Human Nick Valentine

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 12:07 AM PST

    After seeing so many mods that turned Nick Valentine into a human and seeing how different he looked in each mod, I began to wonder what Nick would look like if someone just went into the game and changed him to a human, so I did just that using the console. He seems to have some kind of human face in the code based on the results I got, but all that showed up from simply changing his race and removing his fedora was red casual kempt hair and eyebrows I'm not familiar with. Equipping him with some clothing (I tried the harness) gives him a human body with synth hands. Didn't get a picture because I cleared his inventory before I decided to come here. I was wondering if anyone a little more tech savvy or whatever would be able to find out more about this human face Nick might have? I'd very much like to find more about this. I don't think it's just using default values but I could be wrong, I'm not very experienced with the creation engine. Can't seem to add the screenshot on this post so if you really want to see it, just ask me.

    submitted by /u/Chrispy731
    [link] [comments]

    What are you most afraid of in the future of the Fallout franchise?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:55 PM PST

    With the recent Bethesda fumble in FO76, do you feel a little bit worried about the direction Beth is taking for its recent games?

    There's no question that the multiplayer route with microtransactions might spell doom for people who just want the single player experience..

    Heck I'm even concerned about the other upcoming titles such as TESVI. Graphics might take leaps and bounds but gameplay-wise I'm kinda worried..

    submitted by /u/Dotaspasm
    [link] [comments]

    How do y’all feel about Boomers?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 02:42 PM PST

    The New Vegas kind

    submitted by /u/26SobbingHorses
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you to the Fallout series for introducing me to Billie Holiday

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:42 AM PST

    I'm a big prog and post rock fan but something about Billie Holiday has really helped me with work recently, any recommendations for similar, modern artists?

    submitted by /u/Delicious_explosions
    [link] [comments]

    Why is 4 reamed for what 3 objectively did much worse?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:37 PM PST

    In terms of role-play, Fallout 3 is overlooked in how there's essentially no role play options at all which to speak of. By default you're with the pronounced good guys BoS and other than that you just complete quests and explore. There's literally absolutely no role playing to speak of outside of objective good and bad. In 3 you were 19 years old from a vault, you were a very established character, if not more so than 4 aside from the voice acting.

    I mean, how many factions does FO3 have? TWO! Brotherhood and Enclave, bland good guys vs. comically bad. Main story is completely linear and all you did was following your your dads footsteps.

    While New Vegas had much more role-playing abilities then 3 & 4 combined, 3 hardly had any at all but even less than 4. The choices you did have were either stupidly cartoonishly evil or objectively good. I.E. blow up a town of people or don't, poison the wasteland or don't. None of this really considered any thought or consideration unlike 4. In the main quest and most of the side quests you'll get very good Karma by just shooting the bad guys and not killing people for no reason.

    In 4 I had to think long and hard about who to side with and who I would have to kill and destroy to make it happen. There was no real objective good or bad option, and you'd disappoint many of your friends or your son no matter what you did. People still talk about which is best ending years later like they do New Vegas. Literally nobody does this with Fallout 3.

    There were way less options on just about everything concerning your character. I don't see how 4 was that much worse in this aspect, in fact, it was far better.

    What's with the double standard that 3 gets a free pass for often?

    submitted by /u/sir_buttatoast
    [link] [comments]

    I love thinking about the crazy ocean life that probably exists

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 01:02 PM PST

    One might think that ocean life would be particularly resistant to radiation and FEV, but we got a hint of some crazy sea creatures in Fo4 with the Mirelurk Queens and weird, chompy dolphins. It's easy to imagine that if, those are just the ones we see coming ashore, there's probably some crazy shit out there. Maybe some megasized sharks? Bigger than colossal squid? What do you think is out there?

    submitted by /u/-Jaws-
    [link] [comments]

    After listening to Fallout New Vegas’ sound track, I have decided to buy it and play it!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 06:41 PM PST

    Super pumped as the only fallout I have played was 4 but have always wanted to play New Vegas! Any tips or things to expect are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Yung_colbert
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 - Role play motivation help?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:13 PM PST

    Hello everyone, I am currently trying to do a new modded playthrough of fallout 4, my backstory is that my character Sam is an ex NCR veteran ranger. Who was for a murder of her superior officer that she did not commit. So she runs and over a 4-year journey makes it to Boston. She's trying to leave her old ways behind her from the war, so in the past 6 months she has become a hunter/trapper.

    I'm struggling with motivation for the character, or better yet creating a plot that I could loosely fit that would lead me across the map for one reason or another other than exploring. Anybody who's good at stories or likes taking on writing prompts, I would greatly appreciate viewing this.

    Tl:dr: I need help developing a plot for my character.

    submitted by /u/GuruDrew95
    [link] [comments]

    A few questions about Fallout Fixt and Companioms

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 07:51 PM PST

    I'm replaying Fallout 1 with the custom version of Fixt and I have a few questions about companions and changes made in Fixt:

    1: Is there a way for me to control my companions like I can in the Fallout 2 unofficial patch or whatever that is?

    2: Can companions use weapons they don't have animations for?

    3: Do companions level up with me?

    submitted by /u/Silver_Archer13
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Moto phone, and a hp laptop. How do I transfer data?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:25 PM PST

    I have a save file I spent about 1 and a half years on, and I want to send it from my phone to my laptop. How do I do this? Is there a tutorial anywhere? EDIT: This is fallout shelter

    submitted by /u/Furryoldladytoenails
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment