• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 20, 2021

    Fallout | Stumbled upon the historical significance of "Grandma Plays The Numbers"

    Fallout | Stumbled upon the historical significance of "Grandma Plays The Numbers"


    Stumbled upon the historical significance of "Grandma Plays The Numbers"

    Posted: 19 May 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    So I started reading "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" where "playing the numbers" is a pretty big part of Harlem culture. When playing Fallout I always thought "Grandma Playing The Numbers" was about a grandma playing the state lottery. Which isn't far off, but there is a more interesting significance to the lyrics.

    Playing the numbers in the '30s and '40s was illegal. It worked pretty similarly to the lottery, except that you had to go to the bookie covertly or a bookie would come to you.

    Playing the numbers was popular in areas like Harlem and the operations were run on a community level. I'm guessing a state lottery was later put in place because of how futile enforcing gambling is, and you might as well have it contribute to tax revenue.

    Anyway haven't thought about that song in years until it was all brought up in a book. has anyone had similar experiences of stumbling upon the significance of certain Fallout songs?

    submitted by /u/msg5253
    [link] [comments]

    Would you drink ACTUAL Nuka~Cola? And if you actually would, then, why would you?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    I'm sure this has basically been brought up before, but, yeah, if you could drink Nuka~Cola that was exactly like how it is in the games, radiation and all, but it was only a soda pop and not an "RPG Power Up Item" So, no +AP points or Healing, just a supposedly really tasty soda with a slightly nuclear kick.

    Basically, a 100% realistic, non-gamer system bullshit, honest-to-god Nuka~Cola. Ice cold, if you prefer.

    And if you actually WOULD, then, why? And what do you think would be the pro's and con's to it?

    Basically, I was inspired to make this by a recent (last 2-3 months) event which has led to me drinking Coca~Cola for the first time in over 25 years and suddenly remembering just how much I love it.

    So, yeah, please send me your thoughts and opinions on the subject, I'd be happy to hear them.

    Just so we're clear though, I'd love to drink a Sunset Sarsaparilla in real life too!

    After all, I am proud to say that I am an equal opportunity soda drinker! XD

    By the way, hows come we never got any Nuka~Cola Polar Yao Guai Christmas Commercials? ;P

    submitted by /u/Timber-Faolan
    [link] [comments]

    Pretty inexperienced Fallout player here, Why do super mutants think they are the superior race to humans?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 11:05 PM PDT

    The whole super mutant race confuses me. They don't seem to have any leaders, yet they all talk about how they are superior to humans. Did they migrate from some place in the wasteland and just kinda hold these beliefs and spread them? Are they the post apocalyptic version of the door to door Morman's?

    submitted by /u/sammydwammy
    [link] [comments]

    A newbie's thoughts on New Vegas

    Posted: 19 May 2021 05:37 PM PDT

    Greetings everyone! I am a big fan of RPG's, and after playing Outer Worlds, I decided to finally get into Fallout. And after so many years of hearing so much about it, and knowing it was the same team that did Outer Worlds, I finally did my first-ever playthrough of New Vegas, completing the main storyline (Mr. House route) and all 4 DLC's. Here are my thoughts:

    • Main campaign is just about perfect. It does start off a little slow, but hey, what RPG doesn't start off a little slow? Things got better and better, and especially by the time I reached the Strip, I was in love. Was fully ready to side with the NCR... Until I found Mr. House. It was history from there. Loved the main campaign, and I'm planning on starting a Yes-Man run tomorrow.
    • Dead Money.... never again. As a big fan of BioShock, I was excited to get into this after hearing that the premise was very similar. I went in, and boy was I disappointed. The same enemy over and over again got tedious very quickly, and that final section with tons of security holograms and there being just barely enough safe space from the radios made me ready to tear my hair out.
    • Honest Hearts was underwhelming. However, to be fair, I now look back and am more than positive that I missed a lot. Will likely do this again on the next playthrough.
    • Old World Blues was great. The first conversation with all Klein and the other doctors had me laughing like I haven't laughed in quite some time. Also, probably one of the very few times in my playthrough that I had mercy, as I spared Mobius.
    • Lonesome Road was \mwah**. Difficulty was perfectly balanced, being very hard but not so hard to the point that I wanted to rage quit. Story was great, and ED-E IS SO CUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    ...Yeah, not much else to say. Ima do a Yes-Man route, Legion route, then NCR route, then gonna move on to Fallout 3 or 4. I is excite.

    submitted by /u/Prequel_Memer_66
    [link] [comments]

    Songs that aren't in Fallout, but should be.

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    A lot of the music in Fallout is great.

    But I was listening to Runaway (Del Shannon) and think it would fit really well with the theme of games - recommend listening to. What are some songs that aren't in Fallout, but should be?

    submitted by /u/kellman92
    [link] [comments]

    New to me bug in Fallout 3

    Posted: 19 May 2021 11:35 PM PDT

    I wonder if anyone else has ever had this happen. I headed back to Megaton after completing the Hubris Comics dungeon to drop off loot and get some sleep. Game hours before I completed the Initiate kidnapping in Falls Church. I went to bed and woke up to find Paladin Hoss in my room with a flame thrower and power armor. He wouldn't interact and headed out the door to leave Megaton.

    Sure, I killed him and took his power armor for Charon and sold the flame thrower but still, why was he there in the first place?

    submitted by /u/gokism
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite and least favorite Fallout companion.

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    Despite the games building you up as the lone wanderer in the wastes you can always use the power of friendship to help, but for whatever reason what companions do you go everywhere with or avoid like the plague (if you can't outright kill them.)

    submitted by /u/S0mecallme
    [link] [comments]

    Is Fallout 76 good now?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 11:21 PM PDT

    I've been thinking of buying 76 to play, but the bugs and the pvp mechanics really made me avoid it for a long time. I'd like to have some insight from those who are currently play the game.

    submitted by /u/Ubermensch0818
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think is worse, being a Pitt slave or being a Legion slave?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    I honestly think the Pitt might be worse, but I'm playing through it now and haven't played NV in a year, so I might be forgetting something about the Legion.

    submitted by /u/EtruscanKing023
    [link] [comments]

    HELP: Vault-Tec population management system

    Posted: 19 May 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    For some reason the vault tec population management system disappeared from some of my settlements and for most of my settlements they don't work now. All they will show is the Vip to find companions. I tried storing, scraping and building new ones but that doesn't fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this.

    I'm playing on xbox one and have the Fallout 4 game of the year edition.

    submitted by /u/DriftingDart
    [link] [comments]

    What, in your opinion, is the best faction out of all the fallout games and why?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    I've been wondering, what is the most popular faction out of the entire series. Me, I'm brotherhood all the way. But I'm curious of your opinions. Ad Victoriam, and good night.

    submitted by /u/V4ULTB0Y101
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe I heard in Dimond City Radio that people in Dimond City wants me dead

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:20 PM PDT

    Look i was looking around the Freedom Museum completing a mod quest, and I was happily listening to DCR but in a break after a song i could hear some civil unrest in the background, also the DJ said that something was happening, he kept talking but i could barely hear anything over the firefight in the background, then i clearly hear that he was referring to me 'cause I could hear "...The vault dweler...", "...in a vault suit..." "...from Vault 1... Vault 111..." And "...the only one recently here" So I want to know what was that, i barely had make anything of the main quest (i've met Piper and take a copy of her newspaper) so I'm really confused

    submitted by /u/HEPS_08
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76? Worth it?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 05:33 PM PDT

    I have no friends that want this game or who will play with me? How is the in-game community on PlayStation and is it still alive and worth paying for today?

    submitted by /u/abuelorojo
    [link] [comments]

    Cait is the Best girl

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    Cait is the Best choice because:

    Piper is an anoying goodie two shoes diamond city snob and curie is a robot in your grandaughter's body that's got the emotional maturity of a toddler.

    submitted by /u/sebastianlaguens
    [link] [comments]

    People who dislike FO3, why?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Ive been seeing an influx of fallout 3 hate recently and I would like to see why people think that way.

    submitted by /u/-FauxLimited-
    [link] [comments]

    Low levels can kill higher levels extremely fast?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:17 PM PDT

    Today, a level 13 initiated combat with me (level 91) so I killed him. He comes back and instantly kills me. My higher level friend (247) can't kill him because he's on pacifist (we are on same team) what is this???

    submitted by /u/ViperBite308
    [link] [comments]

    Settlers vs Minutemen

    Posted: 19 May 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    I'm curious if settlers will become minutemen after being in a settlement swifter awhile or if they are just different NPCs that spawn separately. Is there a mechanic that crates minutemen?

    submitted by /u/alienatedframe
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite or Least Favorite Morally Questionable Character in Fallout

    Posted: 19 May 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    People like Myron, Philippe, Duke, etc

    submitted by /u/-FauxLimited-
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone please explain the whole Fandom drama?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 06:24 PM PDT

    I watch a few fallout youtubers, and I see that they bicker quite a bit, tks mantis fighting with oxhorn, something about the bethesda discord or smth. I have no idea what any of this is. What is the deal with these fights?

    submitted by /u/Maleficent-Ad-7719
    [link] [comments]

    The range of possible alternatives to playing fallout 4 with modding

    Posted: 19 May 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    Most of you know how Fallout 4 was quite average for a fallout game. The story was somewhat bland, it was glitchy, and we got a voiced protagonist limiting our roleplay ability. It also retconned some of the lore like jet being found in vaults as well as the X-01 power armor being found in Nuka world.

    But one thing I love for what they did to the game was implementing Modding for both the console and PC gamers. Fallout 4 is one of the only games ever made that allows this for both console and PC which I believed drastically helped this games sell. For example In the Automatron DLC you go on a bunch of quests to defeat the mechanists as well as getting their factory in the end of the DLC. Now you could do quite a bit with the robot workbench with having your robots be sent out as supply lines between settlements, But with modding I was able to not to create my own robot army I could actually bring them with me to battles. It was also good way to roleplay having me place minutemen engineers and soldiers around the factory to make it seem like they had taken it over.

    Speaking of the Minutemen, they probably the most modded thing in the game. thanks to them being the weakest faction in the game players went out of their way to make them the most powerful in the game. With that said I was able to turn the minuteman into an actual standing army with "liberty redefined", "wazzer rifle weapon replacer for the laser musket." and "you and what army" with the more soldiers appearing whenever I get more settlements on my side as well as set up supply lines. There is also mods that gives you the ability to summon and lead troops into battle the most famous of them being "FCOM".

    I could go on and on but this post was basically just a thank you note to Bethesda for allowing modding for both Console and PC because it made the game more enjoyable to play. But what do you guys think? Do you think more games should be like Bethesda and allow modding for both console and PC or just allow it for PC?

    submitted by /u/Darthmark3
    [link] [comments]

    Crafted Pip-Boy 3000 MK4

    Posted: 19 May 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Hello! So I would like to introduce you Pip-Boy 3000 MK4! :) I've spent with my friend many hours to make it done. This is the effect.

    https://www.etsy.com/pl/listing/715880859/pip-boy-3000-mk4-fallout-4-phone-version

    submitted by /u/HobBeatz
    [link] [comments]

    All Fallout 4 Quests

    Posted: 19 May 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    I've spent the last hour and a half or so putting together this quest checklist for fallout 4 (NO DLC QUESTS INCLUDED), which admittedly is almost entirely copied off of the wiki, I just made this so it's easier to see what quests you haven't done yet if you're a completionist like me :^) Anyways this is my first time doing something like this so tips and constructive criticism are much appreciated

    LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LdHQWsYGXEzLS22OHlWMk2ZlWLBpW_CAKQdgvnrGuUk/edit?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/-WaitUpForMe-
    [link] [comments]

    If the Sole Survivor where to ever come into contact with the Enclave, would they help or harm them?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    May very depending on character's headcanon.

    submitted by /u/TheUnknownSoda
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment