• Breaking News

    Monday, May 10, 2021

    Fallout | I don’t remember Fallout 4 being this fucking amazing

    Fallout | I don’t remember Fallout 4 being this fucking amazing


    I don’t remember Fallout 4 being this fucking amazing

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:43 AM PDT

    I recently did another new Vegas run for like the 10th time and thought I'd give fallout 4 a try again. Last time I played it was when it initially released way back in 2016 and I did a full play through followed by another one to get all the trophies.

    But just wow. Fallout 4 is so fucking amazing. I mean the world is so overwhelmingly detailed that it's hard to decide where to go and you get side tracked so easily, especially when you go trekking anywhere east of diamond city. The level of detail just blows my mind. I try to go 50 metres down the road but at almost every building there is something that distracts me and before you know it you start exploring the building. It seems like there is something to do and discover at every street corner. The level of detail is just overwhelming and the quests, they just never stop. I completely forgot that fallout 4 was just this great, I remember it being above average.

    New Vegas is my favourite fallout game but dare I say it, is fallout 4 my new favourite fallout game?

    Fuck it. Fallout 4 is the best fallout game.

    submitted by /u/the-Depths-of-Hell
    [link] [comments]

    Never played any Fallout game, and planning to buy Fallout 4. Will I be fine?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    I don't know much about the Fallout game, aside from it's a post apocalyptic game, and avoided to read more, as to avoid possible spoilers. This game genre, futuristic, post apocalyptic, is not really my type, but I started to liked them after playing HZD.

    Will I be fine playing Fallout 4 without knowledge on the previous titles? Will the story, gameplay, be much affected if playing directly Fallout 4?

    submitted by /u/juantowtree
    [link] [comments]

    I play Fallout for the lore more than the gameplay.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    Personally, I prefer Skyrim's gameplay, but Fallout's world and lore is soooooooo much more interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, Elder Scrolls has great lore too, I just like its gameplay more than Fallout's. It feels better to me.

    submitted by /u/MindCologne
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas, Doc Mitchell's comment about your name, is there another dialogue for it?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:09 AM PDT

    So I was playing Fallout New Vegas again, and after countless replays, Doc Mitchell always says the same thing. "Huh. Can't say it's what I'd have picked for you. But if that's your name, that's your name."

    So then I thought of Undertale for some reason. Wherein the game knows the MC's true name. Like for example, Chara and Frisk, or even poking fun of naming one of the characters as your name like Sans and Papyrus.

    Is there a "true name" or like something that would make Doc Mitchell's dialogue different from the default one?

    submitted by /u/Yrythaela
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your Fallout 4 characters backstory, personality & motivations it’s cool to hear different types

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    Something that Bugs me about diamond city

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:33 PM PDT

    Why are they so elitist about the city? Like bitch please, i live on a motherfucking castle i rebuilt with fellow minutemen, all armed to the teeth

    Meanwhile they live on a fucking baseball stadium inside shacks Made out of rusty metal and 200+ year old wood and have guards tryna intimidate You with puny baseball bats and a few robots

    God i wish i could Nuke that shithole

    submitted by /u/sebastianlaguens
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 is an amazing game and I loved nearly every second of it! That said, It isn't immune to criticism. I want to share some ideas I had which would make Fallout 4 even better!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    I'll break it into small chunks so you don't have to read a wall of text. It still may be long though, heads up.

    The Sole Survivor:

    I actually don't mind the current backstory. I like the concept of a parent looking for their missing child in the ruins of their home. It is interesting but it does limit role-playing. I wish we could at least choose a career background for them and that would determine any starting perks/traits. Think the test Doc Mitchell gives you. You could pick doctor for higher medical abilities, teacher to start with +2 INT, Soldier for higher skills when it comes to guns, a construction worker for less restrictions on building in settlements, ect.

    Dialogue:

    This is where I felt let down more than anything. Fallout has always been about overcoming issues with words rather than guns. Having four options with 2 being the same each time was...lack luster. It especially sucks that you can't even see your options until after you press the button. I know it's due to having a VA but that in itself was a needless addition which limits RPG elements.

    I suggest first and foremost, SHOW US THE FULL OPTIONS! Other than that, just give us some...ANY skill checks for anything other than getting more caps! Imagine how much more replayability FO4 would have if you could:

    • Use high INT to talk to Father as an intellectual equal and have the transition of power go a little smoother

    • Use any of the power armor perks as a dialogue option with the BoS.

    • The ninja perk could give you a different dialoge option to convince the Railroad you'd be a good member

    • High STR could let us intimidate Colter into surrendering in Nuka World

    • Low INT could get you banished from the Institute immediately lol

    • Robotics expert could give us a new way to finish the U.S.S Constitution quest by having the robot pirates search for one part while you look for the others

    The possibilities are endless!

    World related skill checks:

    There's two. One on the Constitution and one, I think, on Far Harbor. That is NOT how a Fallout game should play. Let our perks mean something outside of combat. Imagine how immersive the world could be:

    • We could bypass the broken elevator at Slocums' Joe and skip the mini dungeon

    • Party Boy perk could immediately make Drink Buddy go to your settlements

    • We could reprogram the robots at General Atomics to help our faction of choice

    Factions and towns:

    Very unpopular opinion, but I absolutely LOVE Fallout 4's factions. Throw in a few more quests, NPC'S, and a way to negotiate peace between the Railroad and the MM/BoS and boom!

    Minor factions however are just...okay? I wish the Gunners were an actual faction. Imagine a whole branching quest line to either get revenge for Quincy with the MM or to join the Gunner's and finish the job in Concord. We could sell McCready to them like Cass to the Van Graffs

    The raiders could be a little more compact, give us a central zone for them. Maybe a zone involving combat? Cough cough

    The Pillars of the Community could have small recruitment centers in Diamond City or something. Anything to make them more than a one and done.

    Now then, towns. Full rehaul. Cut the amounts of Settlements we can build in half and convert them into full towns. Make University Point, Covenant, Salem, Lexington, The Slog, ect. Places to visit more than once. Add more to Vault 81, make Goodneighbor more than an alleyway, anything. The hole in the glowing sea could be an actual town instead of small pitstop.

    Locations:

    Shootem, lootem, rootin tootin. Fun but not very filling. Add some NPC'S, a small quest. Something besides a shooting gallery. Make Libertalia and Easy City actual towns. Put a single NPC in one of the many abandoned buildings to tell us a story.

    Final notes:

    Fallout 4 great. Could be perfect.

    submitted by /u/Aurora_Vorealis
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people get so mad at Bethesda for creating T-60 power armor when almost every prior game has added a new power armor?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    Everyone's always saying bethesda broke the lore with T-60 but they never talk about fallout 2 adding X-01/advanced power armor. Or fallout 3 adding T-45 and advanced power armor mk 2/x-02. Or fallout 76 adding excavator, ultracite and T-65.

    Now I know some of these were post war such as ultracite, but that doesn't explain T-45 or the enclave power armors not appearing in earlier games. I don't mind them adding new stuff even if it contradicts earlier lore, I think it's actually better for the games, but I just don't understand why people are so fixated on bethesda "ruining" the lore by adding T-60

    submitted by /u/Masinary
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Dead money in Fallout New Vegas. I saved, and returned to the wasteland. Upon arrival, the radio spoke “wait, a moment... before you go-“

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    The game immediately crashed....classic......classic.

    submitted by /u/Foiled_Foliage
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the older Fallout Games have a level cap?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 04:15 AM PDT

    Never understood that, why does the game have a level cap? Is there a reason behind it?

    submitted by /u/le_demarco
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Marine armor better than the Silver Shroud fully upgraded armor?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 01:11 AM PDT

    Also, where do I get all the pieces? I've found the helmet and right arm for sale, but I don't know where the rest of it is.

    submitted by /u/Duracell_Panda
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else get a really strong Fallout 3 vibe from the outskirts of Nuka World?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:38 PM PDT

    I customized a pack rifle to look like the chinese assault rifle, wore my tunnel snakes jacket, grabbed dogmeat, and played some FO3 ambient music. It was almost spot on with the FO3 vibe

    submitted by /u/ArcadeGannon81
    [link] [comments]

    (Fallout 4) Everything was fine last night but now it CTDs before getting to the main menu

    Posted: 10 May 2021 02:46 AM PDT

    My game started from the F4SE launcher but after a black screen for about 8 seconds it crashed to the desktop. I can't find any fixes but people are saying to disable the dxgi.dll file. However I don't know where that file is located.

    Edit: I found the dll, but I can't delete because I need permission from "trustedinstaller"?

    submitted by /u/JeannaLeavy
    [link] [comments]

    The Mojave Brotherhood vs the Boomers

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    If the two of them went to war with each other and the Courier, Mr. House, the NCR, the Legion and all the other tribes/settlements/factions didn't get involved, who would win?

    I mean prior to the Brotherhood's war with the NCR it might have been a no-brainer in their favour, but that war cost them countless lives and resources.

    They're both isolationist in nature so it's not like they can recruit people from outside, but the Boomers possess a massive airfield while the Brotherhood all live in a tiny bunker, I think that might suggest the latter have fewer numbers. The Boomers also have massive supplies of explosives as well as a working bomber with trained pilots.

    That said, the Brotherhood are of course, a lot more technologically advanced and their Paladins have been trained from childhood to fight.

    submitted by /u/BadNameThinkerOfer
    [link] [comments]

    People of the commonwealth sure do complain a lot about life even though it’s the only life they’ve ever known. Everyone is annoying. (Rant)

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:32 PM PDT

    Is there any reason for this? I wouldn't say the people seem to idolize the life of the past. I don't think I ever really hear settlers, or common folk even talking about before the war, really.

    What do they even have to compare to? I just noticed everyone's always saying how hard their life is, or they can't remember the last time they had clean fingernails and shit like that. Have you ever had clean fingernails to begin with? Lol people are always bitching about everything.

    And just to add to that, it pisses me off when settlers are stuck at 85% happiness when they've got everything they could possibly need. Food, water, shelter, electricity, decorations, pets? And it's still not enough for you? What the fuck else do you want? That I'm possibly capable of? If I could sweep the Boston Commons clean I would. And I don't see anyone else fucking planting anything and making Shelter for people I mean goddamn your character single-handedly builds a better life for these people and you have to go and defend them even though you have to build defenses for their settlement? I love this game and I hate it at the same time lmao

    submitted by /u/iamnotdoctordoom
    [link] [comments]

    Van Buren Weapon Inspiration?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    Can't Crosspost it, so take a look at these two pages.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/n8m4ou/during_the_cold_war_the_soviets_developed_a_laser/

    https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Laser_pistol_(Van_Buren))

    Now, I have no idea where the guys at Black Isle would have seen this Soviet 'weapon' (it was mainly for blinding satellite optics apparently), but I feel the similarity is undeniable. Might be mod time.

    submitted by /u/jkruse05
    [link] [comments]

    The ghouls in fo4 are amazing

    Posted: 09 May 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    I've recently started playing the fallout games in order, I'm on fo4 and noticing the difference between fo:nv ghouls and fo4 ghouls is game changing.

    submitted by /u/SteelrainTV
    [link] [comments]

    [Fo4] CTD when entering Diamond City on PC

    Posted: 10 May 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    I am using the bethesda mods from the game and I have less than 10 mods, unofficial fallout patch, armorsmith extended, sleep or save, survival options, tales of the Commonwealth, a tale of the enclave and true storms. I removed true storms and reloaded, still ctd. I reinstalled the game and still ctd. Is this game so broken or the mods are to blame? What can be a solution?

    submitted by /u/rzvmthhew
    [link] [comments]

    Minutemen vs. Gunners CC Content Where?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    Hey all, so I know how alot of people feel about CC content, but I really enjoy it, anyway been trying to figure out where I can get the Minutemen vs. Gunners CC, it's not in the store, and im almost done claiming all the settlements and bolstering my forces, but need some really epic power armor paint, the regular minutemen power armor ain't cutting it for me.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/The_Marine708
    [link] [comments]

    I need help building vassal settlements

    Posted: 10 May 2021 12:12 AM PDT

    I put a lot of food and water at taffington boathouse and green top nursery and spawned in settlers with cheat terminal but I can't force supply nor talk into supply, if anyone knows how to build vassal settlements please tell me

    submitted by /u/New-Log-9853
    [link] [comments]

    strictly business (help)

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    im doing an evil playthrough on Fallout 3, but does anyone know how to capture Flak without everyone in Rivet City turning hostile?

    submitted by /u/super_91
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas: Would House hook the courier up with that life preservation tech?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    House has always been my favorite faction to pick, other than that I go independent as the second option. I would like to think House would reward you for being a faithful right hand man\woman, but he is a cold businessman. I think realistically after he gets everything he wants, he has no use for you anymore. I guess I could argue that he could be altruistic and make it happen, but that's what I love about House, everyone is a means to an end for the greater good.

    submitted by /u/KorbanyteManuever5
    [link] [comments]

    I think father is not actually shaun

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    So we all now that our son was kidnapped right and kellogg (i dont remember how to spell the name) stole him.

    And the first eye to eye contact with the person call himself shaun is in the institute father says he is our son and he is 60 years old.

    After kellogg stole our boy we see shaun first in kellogg's memories and there is a tiny detail that the radio in the memory travis talks about piper right so shaun in that memory is 10 y.o. AND there is literally no way travis or piper being 50 years old.

    Even the terminal in the fort hagen tells us. Kellogg went fort hagen literally after shaun teleported to institute.

    Dont even get me started about kellogg being at least 30 years old when we see him joining to institute and there is no way him being totally 90 years old maybe even more.

    There is that thing so where is shaun well i kinda have some ideas about it maybe the synth shaun was the real shaun Who knows institute dosnt work on brain washing and memory wiping tech kellogs brain had a memory tech on him to memories dont get wiped right maybe they wiped shauns memories and when institute explodes father gave him memories i know when father yells his stop code (or something like that) and synth shaun gone haywire maybe father told him to do that.

    Some of us Just leave synth shaun when institute get bamboozled but what if he is our real son. So why father gave him to us and gave him the memories back this is kinda complicated but i guess father knew he screwed and wanted to do something right idk

    But think about it Who doesnt want the GUY in their arsenal Who can change the world him/herself institute have eyes on the ground named crows and they seen us have the power to change the world they seen us achieving things maybe even institute cant achieve and they seen us having the power to destroy them and they had to do something they popped out that father lie and bam a lot of people is choosing the institute why because he is our son there is nothing powerful than parents love.

    So why father given us his own role simple he knew he was gonna Die and he wanted to make us feel more like he is our son and well he did that final thing even a the supervisors(maybe i dont remember their nick name) Got mad about that they knew he wasnt our son but the lie had to continue and all that happened.

    Maybe synth shaun is actually a synth maybe the real shaun died or run away or something like that but that was it thank you for reading my first language isnt english so sorry for that unbearable english and comment the things you think im gonna read as much to improve my thoughts.

    submitted by /u/TIWShadowWraith_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment