• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 10, 2021

    Fallout | Am I the only one who really doesn't like the Great Khans and thinks their great empire ending is bs?

    Fallout | Am I the only one who really doesn't like the Great Khans and thinks their great empire ending is bs?


    Am I the only one who really doesn't like the Great Khans and thinks their great empire ending is bs?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:24 PM PST

    The game goes out of its way to frame the Bitter Springs Massacre as a big tragedy and the Khans as victims of NCR incompetence and/or maliciousness. Characters seem to ignore that the Khans brought it on themselves by attacking the NCR as soon as they showed up. And from what I gathered the NCR did attempt to make them stop before Bitter Springs but Papa Khan just blew it off and assumed the NCR wouldn't be able to stop them.

    While I can agree that the innocents of the Khans didn't deserve it the game doesn't seem to acknowledge that the Khans did the same thing. Papa Khan brags about how the NCR couldn't stop their raids, which presumably included killing innocents as well. But when the NCR does the same thing it's an unforgiveable crime and these hypocritical, raiding pricks have the gall to whine if the NCR and Kings make peace by claiming that the NCR didn't extend them that same offer before Bitter Springs.

    Not only that but when the Followers tried to help them they decided to spit in their face by becoming drug dealers and supplying the fiends in order to harass the NCR, which leads to a lot of death and suffering to not just the NCR but also the residents of New Vegas. Not to mention their deal with the Legion supposedly includes being given free raiding rights through all of western New Vegas, shpwing that at their core they're still just a bunch of glorified bandits.

    And yet despite all this the game tries to frame the Khan Empire ending as positive, which is just...off. NOTHING they do indicates that these bastards would ever make good city builders and yet the ending where you give them books of the Mongols - who were totally good examples to follow, right? - somehow leads to a good ending. I call bullshit.

    I dunno, maybe it's just me but it feels super weird that the game tries super hard to make you sympathize with the glorified raider drug dealers. Or when Papa Khan brags about raiding NCR caravans and homes there's no dialogue option to say anything on it. The game literally allows you to threaten Caesar while you're in the heart of his camp so calling the Khans on their hypocrisy at the cost of making them hostile should also be there, right?

    submitted by /u/Vendetta543
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft confirms its Bethesda acquisition is complete and ‘some games’ will be exclusive

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:44 AM PST

    How many of you missed the Powder Ganger quests in the NCR Correctional Facility in their first playthrough because they did the Goodsprings quest first? What other quest can we potentially miss if we follow the vanilla questlines?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:24 PM PST

    If I didn't look it up on the wiki and went straight to the prison before doing Goodsprings quests, I never would have known that we can do quests for the Powder Gangers

    submitted by /u/Dotaspasm
    [link] [comments]

    Burying your spouse

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:14 PM PST

    I think it would've been a cool concept if after you were gone back to sanctuary, then you had the option to bury your spouse. (Fallout 4)

    submitted by /u/Nudderbudder18
    [link] [comments]

    Sketch of an NCR Soldier I did recently.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:53 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/VuldOaw

    Not the best, but thought it came out nice! : ) Also tried to make it more WWI-ish.

    submitted by /u/Grilled--cheese
    [link] [comments]

    Your favourite NCR trooper 10 of spades for me

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 01:40 AM PST

    Boon pretty great also

    submitted by /u/Potential-Insurance9
    [link] [comments]

    An overlooked innovation from Fallout 4 is the enemy AI behavior

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:05 PM PST

    Now it's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the FO3/NV AI where all AI just walks directly at you. This is fine for super aggressive enemies like Deathclaws, but it's weird that a mole rat just sees you and changes from like a hundred meters away.

    But in FO4, many of the enemies don't beeline. I especially like the Radscorpion and Ghoul behavior. The scorpions burrow under you and then go right for your taint, while the ghoul feel like pissed off drunks. I think this is really fun, because it's done much needed variety to enemy behavior. In fact, I think the only change I dislike is to the Deathclaws. They see you and decide they need to do a whole song and dance where they roar and stretch, then do a little evasive maneuvers, and only then do they really charge. Deathclaws should really just fuckin book it for you. They're the boss enemy, and they should behave like they did in NV.

    submitted by /u/HasSomeSelfEsteem
    [link] [comments]

    Original Fallout Mid-Century fan art

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:47 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/FV37g5e

    Fallout is by far my favorite game Universe (probably one of my favorite universes ever, tbh). Always have an urge to draw little Wasteland Adventures

    submitted by /u/chimpknuckle
    [link] [comments]

    What are your biggest gripes with Fallout 4's main quest line?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:40 PM PST

    I love FO4 as a game, but there are just some (or a lot of) things about it that can be annoying. What are some of the general and specific complaints you have about the main quest line, including faction quests? (And what do you like about it?)

    In general, I dislike that you can't sequence break the main quest (like run straight to Virgil), compounding the lack of choice in the early game and making it feel linear. Specifically, I hate how focused the Valentine, Kellogg, and Piper conversations are on Shaun or your dead spouse. Though there is a lot I actually enjoy about how the factions are introduced, and I generally enjoy the quests the first time I play through them.

    submitted by /u/candied_skull
    [link] [comments]

    So I was wandering around down by Scrapyard, minding my own business..

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:37 PM PST

    When I see a brotherhood outcast getting absolutely annihilated by a giant radscorpion. She had two little bars of health left and the scorp was running on half a tank, so me, being the Jesus of the wastes that I am, unholstered Lincoln's repeater and made quick work of the radscorpion and saved her ass from quite a distance away. It then dawned on me, maybe this is a random encounter, and the guys down at Ft. Independence were pretty cool in my book so I approached her and to see what she'd say.

    "Hey local, shouldn't you be banging two rocks together or something?"

    I shot that bitch in the back. And she dropped a finger. Sweet, sweet karma

    submitted by /u/rottenandvicious
    [link] [comments]

    I hope they make another single player fallout game

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:54 PM PST

    I personally was introduced to fallout recently from new vegas, and I really hope they make a fallout game that is the same tier as fnv. After playing fallout 3 and fnv, I watched fallout 4 gameplay, and it was so watered down. I am craving a new modern looking fallout game that is focused on rpg elements, everything in the best fallout games feel really dated, graphics, lots of crashing and freezing, etc. Is it just me that feels this way?

    submitted by /u/wertoms
    [link] [comments]

    No More “Saviour From The Vault” Characters

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:43 PM PST

    Anyone else hope in future titles we can actually have a character backstory (or have a choice of options) that isnt being from a vault, or having any ties to a vault or even not being given a jumpsuit like in NV. I feel like the whole saviour from the vault character is getting a bit overdone at this point. Whats everybodies thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ScottishShitposter97
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favourite thing to do in any Fallout game?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:34 PM PST

    Mine is using the mines in Fallout 3. I don't know why but using mines in Fallout 3 feels just right. More so than any other Fallout game. Popping up a stealth boy, then creating a minefield and finally making noise at the end of it to lure a group of idiot raiders charging at you. Ahh it brings back memories. Seeing that +17 exp gained after every explosion sound was an amazing feeling. That game didn't have good companions, didn't gave great gameplay or a story. But boy these small yet delicate details just hooked you to it. BTW my favourite FO is definitely New Vegas. Don't let this post fool you. A great RPG cannot be done without great story and characters.

    Be safe, Whiskey

    submitted by /u/Singlewhiskey
    [link] [comments]

    I just started playing FO76 and I’m so overwhelmed.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:29 PM PST

    Played fallout 4 but didn't put as much time into it as FO3 or NV. I heard 76 is decent now and it's free on game pass so why not.

    Oh my god the atomic shop, the micro transactions, the always online, the constant hunger and thirst. I'm level 17 and i still don't feel like I've got a good grasp on the game. Like you can sell your in-game loot for caps? That's awesome. But I don't think I have the time to grind or caps to spend to do that.

    Also my camp looks like dog shit and you have to find blueprints for everything which I have no clue where to start.

    I don't really play this game with anyone so coop isn't in the picture which I assume helps you more. I did do an event with a guy who dropped 200 shotgun rounds so shout out to that guy, that was cool.

    This is more of a rant than anything. Even though 76 has changed for the better, it still doesn't feel the same. I'm still going to grind through though. If anyone is in the same boat as me, DM me and we can both be confused and play.

    submitted by /u/TangoLikeRex
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout urgently needs a reasonably evil faction which can join.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:09 AM PST

    Only sane faction in past is the Enclave. They weren't just evil scum. It was an organized government, full of conspiracies, secrets, and a desire for influence, submission and control. Be part of the Enclave and subjugate wasteland would be interesting.

    Destruction of the Enclave is a huge loss of a great faction, in which truth is currently progress. After all, they kept a lot nation secrets. And knowledge that America's technology was based on Zetans is now lost.

    What could be replacement for the Enclave? It must be an organized government that keeps country secrets and technology, and is also possibly part of a mystical cult that aims to gain control and power.

    It would be incredibly interesting to get a certain faction of "Old Lords" (like Illuminati), who are embodiment of Old Gods, and used America to enslave mortals mind. And if you become part of this faction, then you can see and hear things that are the true essence. Like Wild Wasteland perk, only aimed at lovecraftian horrors, and associated with madness and conspiracies around world. It would be very powerful and interesting.

    Fallout 4 Raiders fractions were very poorly made, and it was completely incomprehensible why SS would join them at all, if there were absolutely no prerequisites for this. And Raiders themselves, both historically and tenetically, are very absolutely terrible. At the same time, Nuka-World itself is made excellently.

    submitted by /u/Secret_Nectarine_291
    [link] [comments]

    Which perks should I take (Fallout 1)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 04:40 AM PST

    I got a level-up, to lv 3 (in Vault 15) and I got these options:
    -Awareness

    -Bonus HtH damage

    -Earlier sequence

    -Faster healing

    -Night Vision

    -Presence

    -Quick pockets

    -Smooth talker

    -Strong back

    -Swift learner

    -Toughness

    I'm with a gun character, attacking at mid-long range with small guns. I actually like the last three ones, but I don't know. Which should I choose?

    submitted by /u/rgamer0618
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth replaying fallout 4

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:54 PM PST

    So at this point of my save file I am bored as hell. I sided mainly with the minute men and BoS and destroyed the institute with the minute men. There is like no more quests coming in. So is it worth playing this game again and going down a different route?

    submitted by /u/wake_up_hesbehindu
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft has now officially bought Bethesda, what does this mean for Fallout?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:43 PM PST

    Hopefully, we'll future Fallout games will finally use a new goddamn game engine

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    Something that bugs me about Mr. House

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:56 AM PST

    When you try and enter the Strip, you are required to have 2000 caps for a credit check. When you go into Mr. House's Penthouse he offers you 1000 caps for a weapon of mass destruction. Literally a half of what it would cost to submit to his own credit check. He was a multi billionaire by the age of 30 and he spent (if my memory isn't failing me) 7 million something caps on scavenger squads for the chip. Simply, massive lowballer.

    submitted by /u/kashalot123
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me optimize my settings to run fallout 4 with a consistent 70+ FPS?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:11 PM PST

    I have a AMD Ruben 3 Mobile 3200G, a 1660ti, and 16GBs of ram. What settings should I run?

    submitted by /u/SleepingJiant
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else writing background for their characters?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:32 PM PST

    Given that Fallout is and has been a roleplaying game, I always like to give my character some motivation, some theme or something to justify their build or what I'm planning to do with it. It's just really exciting for me to plan my little stories and follow them as I play to justify this or that thing that my character does or wears.

    Here's a really really rough idea for my new character centered around a rifle build in Fallout 76

    JOHN RAMIREZ

    Quite the sharpshooter, famous for his pinpoint accuracy and infamous around Vault 76 for his mild obsession with the wild west. (Future) Owner of the Moonshine Tavern, always ensuring free hotel rooms and friendly prices. Always fit for combat with his trusty lever action in hand, he's always rootin', always tootin', and by god he's always shootin'.

    Wrote it in five minutes, but I kinda like how it goes. If you have one, I'd love to hear it!

    Posted originally on r/fo76 but it fits here pretty well too

    submitted by /u/Random_Prequel_Memer
    [link] [comments]

    First Fallout Game? (FO4 or FO76?)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 01:25 AM PST

    Before everyone suggests, I have taken a good look at older fallout games, and despite being a 30+ boomer, I dont really feel the mood to go and learn older game mechanics right now. I am already a big fan of Josh Sawyers newer games, so when I heard about New Vegas, I really do want to play it... someday.

    For now, I think I am just in the mood for a more modern gun based rpg. I come from looter shooter games, but I wanted to take a step back and feel the rpg (mechanically) that a single player game has.

    So my question is, for single player enjoyment overall (inlcuding story beats) should I start with Fallout 4 or 76? If I like the world, Im sure ill go back and work my way through the older ones.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Muse88
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 Loading Crash

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:10 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I've been playing a lot of Fallout 3 on Windows 10 lately. It was running pretty smoothly besides the occasional crash. Today I was going through Point Lookout and the game froze. This has happened before and I didn't think anything of it. After forcing the game to close with my Task Manager, I tried to reopen my last save file but the game freezes on the loading screen every time. I tried clicking continue "Continue" and loading a previous save but it keeps freezing. I tried installing a mod from the Nexus, updating my driver, and restarting my computer but nothing works. I haven't had this issue until now so I'm really confused why I'm getting it now. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, what did you do to resolve it?

    submitted by /u/Vandrin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment